+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Batman

Default Re: Batman

Nice quoting of Return of the Joker.
    Dini and Timm were the best at defining the Joker. A nice blend of evil and comedy. And the first ever time of cartoon women abuse!

Sig made by AngelzRfalling.
    Gary "Iceman" Martin. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by gilrules2000
    edit: I made a typo. I mean to say "he" not "I"
    it is impressive is what i am saying. He is damn good.
    Oh, Okay then.

~~~

I think the Joker will look like a cross between the 2. I do hope that they put a more insane element into the Joker in the movie. I think his clothes need less of a neat look.

and was Batman Begins some kkind of prequel? thats the impression I got. esp since the Joker was introduced in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Octogon
    Oh, Okay then.

~~~

I think the Joker will look like a cross between the 2. I do hope that they put a more insane element into the Joker in the movie. I think his clothes need less of a neat look.

and was Batman Begins some kkind of prequel? thats the impression I got. esp since the Joker was introduced in the end.
    Nah, it's more like an effort to re-write the story in the movies, since Batman and Robin pretty much destroyed Tim Burton's legacy :P

So it's pretty much expected to see the Joker's story told from the beginning on the sequel (although it appears that the Joker's already established an identity, instead of being turned into one by Batman).

it is a prequel. It is based off of, loosely i guess but based off of none the less, batman year one among other things which tells the story of batman's first year of batman's fighting. I cant really remember the story of year one (seeing as i read it a long time ago) but it isnt much like it
    R.I.P. (for now) KO-Scans

^ thats interesting.

You know what they should have? Batman: the show, just not animated. mean part of the reason people want to see superhero movies is the realism the cartoons can't deliver. But the problem with the movies is how badly they follow the story, the newer ones at least. And they have the likes of smallville.

hey, smallville is good, it just used to be better.

If they made a good Dark Knight Returns film, they could stop making batman films forever as far as i am concerned

hey, smallville is good, it just used to be better.
    agreed. It has lost some of it's flare. And you expect something more, like last episode. But still overall good.

If they made a good Dark Knight Returns film, they could stop making batman films forever as far as i am concerned
    It would have to be a really, really good one. But I would take an awesome Batman series over the movie any day.

You know what they should have? Batman: the show, just not animated.

They did.

Twice.

na na na na batman

That show was all that batman shouldn't be. Liveaction shows for superheros are hard to pull off right. I like smallville because it has superman in it without some of the more ridiculous things that are impossible to pull off right in live action. For example, i love clay face but how the hell would they pull him off in the live action series? The animated series is good enough until they advance tv technology to a point where that kind of stuff isnt pulled off in a strange way.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg

They did.

Twice.
    What gilrules2000 said. But It would be cooler to have a more modern one. I realize it is hard, but id they manage to do it it would be awesome. I like the movies, but they tend not to follow the story as they sdhould. Simply because it is to hard to do so. I was just wishing for a really good batman show (non-animated) that has good effects, like smallville.

some of the special effects in smallville are sometimes wierd, like when clark runs fast, but they do it well.

If they make a series then i wish it would focus on the villians and not batman because alot of them are very interesting

some of the special effects in smallville are sometimes wierd, like when clark runs fast, but they do it well.

If they make a series then i wish it would focus on the villians and not batman because alot of them are very interesting

Agreed. The season finale of smallville bothered me. It was good, don't get me wrong but the end was lacking. The beast ep thus far (IMO) is when clark got sent to the artic for the first time. And is smallville actual connon in the comics? Or just something they made up? I mean did he actually know Lex back then in the comics and such?

I think the main focus should always be the hero. but they should focus on the villain more. Esp the Joker.

Joker has always been one of by favorite villians.

the focus of the show is always the hero. This whole thing is a two sided coin and the other side of the coin is never properly explored.

I highly doubt that smallville is canon, highly. I do know that they have knowledge of the superman comics and stuff but still

Batman the Animated Series IS The Definitave Batman. It was dark, had humor with Alfred and Joker, redefined Mr. Freeze, Clayface, and ClockKing. Plus it gave us Harley Quinn!
    Sure it totally skipped Jason Todd and Barbra never became Oracle but it gave new life to all the characters.
    And there was an episode using Dark Knight as a segment with Frank Millers style and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Anime Master
    And there was an episode using Dark Knight as a segment with Frank Millers style and all.
    Eh, Frank Miller writes Batman so out of character it makes my head spin. Albeit hilarious (your sig/that issue altogether).
    buttcheeks

For the most part I agree with you, with one exception. Batman Year One is fricken awesome. I think it is not soo much that Frank Miller write's him out of character so much that ever since Dark Knight returns he write's him out of character.

Also as an else world tale goes what I have seen of the first Dark Knight returns is alright. But still not the best Batman story ever told.

Batman TAS was definitely the best comics to cartoon series I've ever seen
    and everything was going well until the animation got screwed up.

Favorite episodes are

The Last Laugh
    Riddle Me This
    Blind As A Bat
    Bane

The New Adventures didnt really excite me, but there were some great episodes (Jokers Millions, Holiday Knights, Legends ofthe Dark Knight, Old Wounds, MAD LOVE, Cold Comfort, and Over the Edge)
    I thought Year Ones style of Bats was great. He captures Gordon great

Future Pirate King Monkey.D.Luffy's Avatar

Well, looks like someone has some time to do this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qJCirQoWA9I

It's everyone's favourite demented clown. Enjoy!
    A Quest For Treasure Will Unite Them All: ONE PIECE

King of the Klondike "LC"_Lapen's Avatar

Super Necro posting because:

A Batman: The Animated Series SOUNDTRACK is being released.

Hear that?

That's the sound of awesome.

Spoiler:

Download it, then go be a good guy and buy it.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=t4fco5zj

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=72f4nf4x

Christmas with the Joker for the fucking WIN

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information