+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Quest VIII

Default Dragon Quest VIII

I did a search okay and I found nothing which shocks me.

I rented this day about 2 days ago at Hollywood video along with Shadow of the Collesium and so far I haven't even touched SotC cause I keep playing DQVIII. I never liked turn based rpgs but I fell in love with this game and it is having my greatly consider the FF series.

I'm currently where I got to get to Abbot's house through the old Abbey and I can't beat the Tortured Soul so I'm just gonna level till I can like I had to do with Geyzer. I know plenty of you play this, call it a hunch I suppose.

Like any other thread keep spoilers in tags please. >P

Also, I know this game came out in Nov. 2004 in Japan and Nov. 2005 in the USA so I suppose it would probably still be 50 bucks wouldn't it? I'm interested in buying it but I just can't afford that kinda money.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Local-chan's Avatar

Default Re: Dragon Quest VIII

got it for my b-day a couple of weeks ago, anyways, its very pwnsome indeed. Not really far into it myself, busy helping Red for the princess

Am I the only one who thinks Jessica's boobs bounce? Did Square-Enix pull a dead or alive?

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1
    Am I the only one who thinks Jessica's boobs bounce? Did Square-Enix pull a dead or alive?
    ... Yeah. They do.

Dragon Quest has always been a big hitter, but this is the only game of the series I've really fallen in love with. The only quibble I have with it is that the bosses are too hard (this from the boy who used Game Genie from age 10-15 shamelessly), but otherwise it's an awesome game. I started over again a couple days ago but I haven't really gotten to it again; I started playing Final Fantasy VI.

Signature by Bandit-King
    Halcyon Days

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Local-chan's Avatar

Hmm, so far I wouldn't say they are TOO hard (the only one I actually struggled with so far has been the one you fight when on the boat.)

Future Pirate King Monkey.D.Luffy's Avatar

I think this is one hell of a game and sorry, I don't really pay attention to a girl's chest.. Peace out.
    A Quest For Treasure Will Unite Them All: ONE PIECE

Quote Originally Posted by 1 2 Jango
    Hmm, so far I wouldn't say they are TOO hard (the only one I actually struggled with so far has been the one you fight when on the boat.)
    THAT guy? My little dog could whip his sorry ass. I'm talking more like that treasure chest guy; killed two of my key characters, and then had the GALL to almost wipe me out. What a prick he was.

Signature by Bandit-King
    Halcyon Days

I agree, the bosses are kinda too hard. I had trouble with Geyzer, so I leveled and beat him, the octopus guy killed me the first time but I fought him again right after and beat him, he has to be the easiest boss I've faced.

Now I'm stuck on the Tortured Soul so I'm just gonna do the method I did with Geyzer and level some.

Yeah, heaven forbid there's bosses you actually need to level up and use strategy to beat.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Carter, stop being an ass.

Did the old DQVIII thread get deleted or something? There doesn't seem to be any trace of it left.

I don't really pay attention to a girl's chest..
    :booh:

But back to topic

This game is good but the bosses can really be annoying I was really happy when finally I beat
    Spoiler:
    Dhoulmagus,Gemon,Empryea, Red Horn/Blue Fang, & Rhapthorne (form 1)
    since they were so damn cheap the only boss who I never beat was
    Spoiler:
    The Lord Of Dragovians

It was kinda disappointing there was no HeroXJessica or AngeloXJessica.

Thanks alot for spoiling no HeroxJessica. -_-

I was hopping for that at the end or something.

Oooops my bad but you basically find out sometime in the game that The Hero is obviously going to wind up with
    Spoiler:
    The Princess
    obviously.

Besides if you want an rpg that let's you influence the outcome of romances
    play Jade Empire.

I'm not checking the spoiler but I'm gonna take a guess and say Medea. I always figured that cause she was the princess and he was the hero. So I just thinking the same story here.

I also got the feeling when Medea does turn back into a human shes gonna chew Trode out for using her as a horse.

What Trode does to Medea is no worst than what her so-called fiance does and tries to do to her.

I don't recall a "fiance" so yet again you said a spoiler without the tags. XD

Discovered Stowaway DeadJustice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1
    I am pretty sure this is mentioned at the beginning of the game.

How far have you gotten in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadJustice
    I am pretty sure this is mentioned at the beginning of the game.
    Is it? I sure don't remember. Well, if it is fact is he still spoiled the dude isn't a good guy. XD

And I'm about 17 hours in.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information