+ Reply to Thread
Page 125 of 125 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125
Results 2,481 to 2,497 of 2497

Thread: Hajime no Ippo

Default Re: Hajime no Ippo

Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    Spoiler text and pic for the next chapter 1243 (double because it's important):
    Spoiler:
    - Ippo loses himself due to misjudging the delinquents real nature and slaps him
    - he tries to guard in time, but Ippo is faster
    - Ippo confirms that his heart is still beating after the delinquent lays passed out on the ground shaking
    - he calls an ambulance before running away
    - he runs into aoki and they eat ramen together, ippo calls this his last supper
    - "I can't remember if I punched him or slapped him. I forgot that I am an ex-pro boxer. I'm going to turn myself in.
    - Break next week.
    Hoooollleeeeee Shit.

Spoiler:
    Takamura would be proud. And hey, you can say Ippo TECHNICALLY didn't hit the kid, he only slapped him. Except a slap from Ippo is almost as bad as a punch.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Most Ippo's fight finish badly for the opponent wether they personally hurt him or not. It's a boxing match and Ippo pretty much only does KOs.

My point was he usually make sure he only does what he is allowed to do(fight only in the ring) even in places where people would usually lose it.
    Ippo normally has an excellent temper, especially compared to a lot of the boxers around him, but everyone has a sensitive spot, and the coach happens to be his. He's his father figure, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Hoooollleeeeee Shit.

Spoiler:
    Takamura would be proud. And hey, you can say Ippo TECHNICALLY didn't hit the kid, he only slapped him. Except a slap from Ippo is almost as bad as a punch.

Ippo normally has an excellent temper, especially compared to a lot of the boxers around him, but everyone has a sensitive spot, and the coach happens to be his. He's his father figure, after all.
    Spoiler:
    That slap looks so great and so damn painful. When it comes to impact that manga is just great.

I am incredibly surpise. Since it's boxing and the coach mitts I was expecting Ippo to almost but I didn't think he would go through. But daaaaaamn was it glorious.

I dare say it is more visuallly glorious and impactful than a punch would have ever be.

Spoiler:
    Funny thing is that Ippo slapped him with weights on. Think about the impact if it was off...
    Haven't been this excited about a chapter for a while!

Pkmn Diamond FC: 0302 0615 6842

Spoiler:
    The kid is alive, but the vengeful part of me would love it if he has a broken neck.

Chapters like these are a reminder that Ippo is something of an idealist. He doesn't forgive himself for getting angry. Obviously it's not good to attack someone just because you're angry (much as we love it in manga), but being angry in and of itself is just part of being human. If Ippo had grabbed the kid by his shirt and yelled at him to next week it would have been fine.

Spoiler:
    Oh shit. Now when I think about it, Ippo haven't worked on his shadow at all until now. He have always boxed as a sport with no ill intentions at all. So it actually exists inside of him.

Oh, it's glorious.
    https://mangadex.org/chapter/485014/1

I give it to Morikawa, this is not a direction I had expected the series to go.

Quote Originally Posted by pRopaaNS View Post
    Spoiler:
    Oh shit. Now when I think about it, Ippo haven't worked on his shadow at all until now. He have always boxed as a sport with no ill intentions at all. So it actually exists inside of him.
    Spoiler:
    As previously said, Ippo is an idealist. Just by slapping a kid (granted a very big slap) he suddenly thinks he's the worst person on earth. I dunno if it's because he is constantly trying to be like his dad the hero or what, but this guy never forgives himself.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/492766/1
    Aww, Umezawa . . . .

But this does give you the hope that if Ippo does go back to boxing, he can become the monster that Takamura says you have to be.

After reading this chapter I just watched clips of his older moments, just to remind myself of how good of a development he's had during the series run. From bully to fan to best friend. Would've liked to see a movie about those two and their friendship.

About the chapter, I wonder if Takamura will force an event to force out the "monster" of Ippo, or just make him conscious about it and find a way to unlock it himself.

Pkmn Diamond FC: 0302 0615 6842

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    https://mangadex.org/chapter/492766/1
    Aww, Umezawa . . . .

But this does give you the hope that if Ippo does go back to boxing, he can become the monster that Takamura says you have to be.
    Nah Ippo doesn't need to be beating people up in public and getting disowned by his mom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Just shows you can't solve things that easily, Ippo:
    https://mangadex.org/chapter/495854/1

Seriously though, it should have been obvious that Ippo can't just throw himself in jail, especially if the victim himself isn't there. Otherwise the cops will think you're just pulling one on them. And as the cop said, there are more important crimes happening than a guy slapping another guy once, albeit technically a minor.

But Ippo just feels so guilty and thinks going to jail will fix being a bad boy, but it's not that simple. Even if you go to jail, your action is not erased.

This has been one of my favourite arcs of ippo. Thought that after the pseudo ending the quality would get worse, but I was proven wrong. It still can't match up to the early arcs, but haven't enjoyed ippo this much in a while.

got to the last chapter available and i still have no idea where the author is going with the manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Maju View Post
    got to the last chapter available and i still have no idea where the author is going with the manga.
    I think this is the core of the idea.
    Normally practicing martial arts acts as way for person to take control and master his violent side. Ippo haven't mastered it at all and have no clue on his violent side yet, because so far he's been boxing just for pure sports.

And nothing scares Ippo more than the thought of him having a dark side.

yeah but it's not like it's the first time that ippo went violent..there was that time where that fanboy wanted him to get serious and pushed him so much that he oneshotted him so hard that he made a 360 in the air.

sure it was in a ring, but it was already pretty fucking violent..ippo went there to hurt the guy

I mean, it's not the first time the author went multiple times on the same point throughout the story before actually resolving it..but this whole monster thing doesn't really seem that fresh or new if it's all about ippo's violent tendencies.

I always thought the whole monster thing was about his lack of ambition and direction outside of pleasing his coach,more than him being unable to just wanna punch an hole in someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Maju View Post
    I mean, it's not the first time the author went multiple times on the same point throughout the story before actually resolving it..but this whole monster thing doesn't really seem that fresh or new if it's all about ippo's violent tendencies.

I always thought the whole monster thing was about his lack of ambition and direction outside of pleasing his coach,more than him being unable to just wanna punch an hole in someone.
    Good point. Now that you say that, in that context it seems unnatural how easily he accepted his retirement.

He was trying to do the right thing by keeping his health. But the right thing isn't always what our emotions want to do.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information