+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Simpsons

Wolf on a stick! Miss All Violet's Avatar

Default Re: The Official Simpsons Discussion

I'm looking forward to the film actually, maybe the film will do to the Simpsons what the South Park film did to their series..as in it boosted up the quality and the popularity once again.
    Signature removed by Pepsi.

south park wasnt exactly the piece of shit that the simpsons is now. I mean south park may have been on a downslide but south park was realitively new and didnt have much time to suck. The simpsons has been this way for the better part of 7 years
    R.I.P. (for now) KO-Scans

Aw come on. Simpsons arent as bad as people are generalising it to be! Personally I dont see it getting much worse, I'm surprised it lasted this long, compared to Family Guy, that thing got old after the 2nd season...

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Ms. Suave Debonair's Avatar

If it were up to me, I'd have the simpsons end with the movie, just seems like a better way to end the show then with a normal episode.
    I'm a big simpsons fan and have been for about ten years now but even I know when a series has to call it a day. There's only so much you can do with one show.

Still looking forward to the film though!

Thing is, for some reason it's fashionable to say that the Simpsons suck now, I bet most of the people who say Simpsons arent funny anymore are just agreeing to be part of the bigger mass, which is utter bollocks when push comes to shove.

Discovered Stowaway Creeping_Wrath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss All Violet
    Thing is, for some reason it's fashionable to say that the Simpsons suck now, I bet most of the people who say Simpsons arent funny anymore are just agreeing to be part of the bigger mass, which is utter bollocks when push comes to shove.

Or just the fact that...it's not funny. And it's predictable.

You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve.

What S-CRY-ed character are you?

Fair enough, personally I think it's still funny. If it's on I'll watch it. To be honest other comedy shows like South Park and Family Guy are just as predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss All Violet
    I was saying that years ago back when i was a kid (i am 17 now) before i had time to be influenced by the mass. In fact, if i took what the people around me as fact then i would love the simpsons. It just really isnt funny anymore to me. For that matter, family guy isnt as funny, eventhough i still laugh at it, and south park isnt either. I guess i just remember all the series when i first watched them and have this ideal of the series' in my mind that they cant possibly meet. The greatest offender being the simpsons
    R.I.P. (for now) KO-Scans

yeah... i never really cared for south park or family guy... i'll still watch old episodes of the simpsons, and still laugh my ass off at them. can't say that family guy has made me laugh all that much... only a few times, and then its just kinda meh...

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer AWB's Avatar

Old school Simpsons fan unite!

According to an article in Entertainment Weekly, the movie is being written by 10 veteran scribes responsible for the best episodes from the show's 1990s heyday, including David Mirkin, Mike Scully, and Al Jean! It's being written by the best the Simpsons ever had, people! A very wise decision indeed. Plus, guest stars will include Minnie Driver, Albert Brookes, and the real-life Erin Brockovich.

Nostalgic trip to the mid-ninties, anyone?
    Last edited by AWB; April 10th, 2006 at 07:05 PM.

Doffy

Quote Originally Posted by Pass the Rootbeer
    Old school Simpsons fan unite!

According to an article in Entertainment Weekly, the movie is being written by 10 veteran scribes responsible for the best episodes from the show's 1990s heyday, including David Mirkin, Mike Scully, and Al Jean! It's being written by the best the Simpsons ever had, people! A very wise decision indeed. Plus, guest stars will include Minnie Driver, Albert Brookes, and the real-life Erin Brockovich.

Nostalgic trip to the mid-ninties, anyone?
    One special person they forgot, Conan O' Brien.

That six feet four orange haired giant help write some of the best episodes.

yeah, i agree! I wish Conan would help them write episodes again, those were the best during the 90's!

Agreed.

And no one said he wasn't one of the scribes. :biggrin:

Doffy

Quote Originally Posted by Pass the Rootbeer
    Agreed.

And no one said he wasn't one of the scribes. :biggrin:
    Don't throw all your supplies into one truck there.

The direction the simpsons gone, we're lucky they're using the old guys.

aw, c'mon, guys! here';s my little ramble:

okay, simpsons has DEFINETLY gone down, but i still think it's funny as hell! if you watched the newest episode with Sideshow Bob, you'll understand.

and as for south park and family guy, i see family guy as a knock-off.

south park has it's moments, but it's focus is kinda just making fun of current events.

i like all 3 shows, but the family guy is getting incredibly predictable. they use the same jokes more than once, thinking "i bet people will remember them from before, then laugh at them again!". nein. they weren't as funny.

and i like south park, i really loved the episode where they made fun of the simpsons, saying they've done everything. and they pretty much have.

but with what someone said, i agree. they need to go back to the old stuff. power plant, saxophone, prank phone calls, all that good stuff. i own seasons 1,2,3,6, and 7, and i watch them alot. make me laugh all the time.

whut i think they should do is another Who Shot Mr. Burns Thing again, that'd be really spiffy.

and, fer the record, they signed a deal to go to seasons 18 and 19. so, season 18 from fall 2006- to spring 2007. then the movie, then season 19, fall 2007- spring 2008.

they may sign one more after that, i'd like it to end at 20, that's be spiffy.

Family Guy isnt predictible. I was amazed at the newest episode. Adam West man. He killed the Noid. Funny stuff. And people think it is a copy of the Simpsons and South Park. It isnt the case. They eachhave their own sense of humor. A humor started from Ren and Stimpy!
    Simpsons has gone down. I dont watch it anymore. I have the old boxsets and thats all I need. If the writers are the old one, Ill see it.

Sig made by AngelzRfalling.
    Gary "Iceman" Martin. RIP.

Doffy

... here's the chart.

American Dad -> Family Guy -> The Simpsons -> The Flintstones -> The HoneyMooners.

Everything has been copied off of one of another....

The base of all of their shows (family) is not new anymore.

Nothing is original anymore... it's just covered up nicely.

American Dad -> Family Guy -> The Simpsons -> The Flintstones -> The HoneyMooners.
    Reminds me of an arguement I read about Virtua Fighter, Tekken , & DOA.

The 8th season has come out on DVD. It's one of the best in my opinion. I bought it the other day.

Anyone else getting it? What do you guys think of the 8th season?

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Local-chan's Avatar

I dun think its out till next month over here but I plan on getting it so ^_^

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information