+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Expo, CA [Early July]

Default Anime Expo, CA [Early July]

AX 2006: http://www.apforums.net/showthread.p...778#post237778
    AX 2007: http://www.apforums.net/showthread.p...993#post429993
    AX 2008: http://www.apforums.net/showthread.p...696#post627696

I know, it's still too early, but I was talking to some staff from one of the scanlation groups I belong, and ended up I found out most of the core staff will be going, so I am considering to go, too. It'll be my first con to attend + I get to meet all those people I've been working with, so I'm excited :D

Anyway, is anyone else interested in going? I know e1n is going... It'll be on the Independence Day weekend, July 1-4, 2006, at Anaheim (near Los Angeles, CA). Maybe we can have AP West Coast get together. East Coast folks had fun before, we gotta have fun, too.

First official guest of honor was just announced last week: Seiji Mizushima. He's:
    As famed director of the Fullmetal Alchemist anime series and movie (debuted in Japan; July 2005), Mizushima is also known as a series director for Evangelion and hit shows including Dai-Guard, Slayers Next and Shaman King. His current project consists of Oira Rocket.
    Prices are:
    4-day adult
    $45 (Before March 15, 2006)
    $50 (From March 15 to June 15, 2006)
    $55 (After June 15, 2006)
    2-day adult
    (Sat/Sun, Sun/Mon, Mon/Tue)
    $45
    1-day adult
    $30
    4-day child
    $25

For more detail, check here: http://www.anime-expo.org/
    Last edited by oceanizer; September 4th, 2007 at 11:52 PM.

Default Re: AX (Anime Expo), Anyone?

I MIGHT go....but I said I might go the last 3 years and didn't. It's just a money issue, since I save it for Comic-Con, which I will definately go to. I really want to go, though.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Yeah, that's what's happening to me, too. I always go out w/ gf on July 4 weekend and she's not that into Manga/Anime... Maybe we can do AP get together outside of AX :P

*sniffle*

I feel like a poor, lonely New Englander. emphasis on poor.

I'd love to go, but i've got the same problems as Satsuki. I live in CT and i'm college student (read:POOR)

Aw, too bad that is in California and I am in Illinois. And poor as well. All of my money is being used for ACEN and The Reactor.

image credit to Fleur. <3

DA LJ twitter

There are several other Californians here, but CA is such a big state, it's almost like some people are in different states. Like I can drive to Arizona and Nevada faster than I can drive to the bay area. :laugh: And that's not even anywhere near the most northern area of the state.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer AWB's Avatar

Bump

It's very close, so I might be going if I can get rid of this horrible cold. This would be my first Anime Expo. VA Yuri Lowenthal will be there doing a Q&A with the other Naruto VAs, that's a plus for me since I like Yuri's work.

As for that get-together ocean mentioned, I don't know if I'll go. Talking to people is a weak point for me, but it would be nice to get to meet some of you.
    Last edited by AWB; June 20th, 2006 at 10:55 AM.

Discovered Stowaway DeadJustice's Avatar

I've never been to a con before, but I've always wanted to at least once. It seems there's a major anime convention all the time. I'm not into these things really, but I do have a curious streak I feel I have to indulge. Most likely, I'll end up going to a comic-con because I identify with comics more than anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Pass the Rootbeer
    Talking to people is a weak point for me, but it would be nice to get to meet some of you.
    Some advice, trying starting little conversations with people you don't know but see on a regular basis. Like if you're in school or something. Eventually you get better at talking to people. I used to be pretty bad at talking to other people, now I never shut up.

Sorry to go off-topic there.

I'm going and I'll be cosplaying as Nami, and I'll try to go to the One Piece cosplay gathering that's on the second day.

I'm rather shy and quiet IRL, actually. I tend to come out of my shell mysteriously when surrounded by like-minded geeky fans.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicDebris
    I'm rather shy and quiet IRL, actually. I tend to come out of my shell mysteriously when surrounded by like-minded geeky fans.
    I'm the same way. I'm a lot more comfortable around people who I can talk to about anime. normally I'm very shy. that one reason I like cons.

<strike>Lucci's VA will be there this year. </strike>(also seiyuu for Yamucha)

I'll probably never attend AX as I live across the country (MD).

EDIT: My bad. I got him and Yamucha's seiyuu mixed up. Sorry to get everyone's hopes up.
    Last edited by The Dude; June 28th, 2006 at 04:08 PM.
    buttcheeks

I'm going to go to the Anime Expo. This will be the first anime convention that I will be going to, hope it will be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude
    Lucci's VA will be there this year. (also seiyuu for Yamucha)

I'll probably never attend AX as I live across the country (MD).
    Alright! there`s no way Im missing his panel, Im going to ask him to do Hattori`s voice without moving his mouth.

Even if I could go, the prices for entering sound expensive. I want to at least have some left-over money for buying some mangas or something.

...I'm VERY strict about money. The times I went to a Con, I always wanted to have at least $20 left over. And I usually end up with more than I want. (Which is good for me. XD!)

Oh how I WISH I could go, but living in Boston demands a pricey plane ticket.

Just LOOK at that guest list! You can't beat it! CLAMP alone makes it a must-see event!

The rumor last year said Kubo Tite was gonna come. Oh how I wished that was true... T_T

Yeah the guest list is insane. they have some of the biggest names coming It's worth the money to come this year. the last couple of years didn't have very many GOH or big name GOHs anyways.

Tomokazu Seki is going to be there!? O.O Cool.

As for English VAs, I think Vic Mignogna and Johnny Yong Bosch are going to be there too.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information