+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Sailor Moon

Default Sailor Moon

I suppose I was a fan at some point...I remember I was really into Sailor Moon when I was 10 (that is, the English dub version, I had no idea what the original was like ^^;). It was pretty funny, but I guess my tastes have changed... *shrug*

BTW, has anyone seen the Sailor Moon LIVE ACTION? That's where they have really actresses and actors play the characters. I've gotta say, it is the most HILARIOUS and DUMB thing I've ever seen in my entire life XD Doesn't do the original any justice at all.

Roronoa Zoro

For those of you who don't know, Geneon/Pioneer have recently released a fully un-cut redubbed version of Sailor Moon in America with no changes whatsoever.
    It also includes a bilingual track. Nice.
    So if you want a watchable Sailor Moon, buy it.

I'll admit it: I'm a HUGE Sailor Moon fan. I'd would have to say that my favorite has always been Ami-chan (Sailor Mercury).

Moving on, I would also like to say that this series has suffered through the worst edits I've ever seen (sex changes, cousins, ect.). Does anyone here agree with me?

I have to admit to being a closet sailor moon fan, fan of the live action version however...

it's a guilty pleasure if I ever knew one :/

but yeah, the show was edited horribly by Dic or whoever was in charge.

It was DIC. 4Kids is better than them!

Yeah, that was an awful dub, but I love it in its own way. XD I still have some dubbed episodes on tape and I like to watch those and laugh sometimes.

In related news, I'm sort of part of this big Sailor Moon cosplay group, and I was Jadeite at Katsucon this year. XD I walked around with a paper airplane for a few hours, which was good times. Theoretically, I'll be Sailor Ceres (Cere Cere from the Amazoness Quartet in senshi form) at Otakon, but we'll see how that works out. O_o.;;

It would be nice if they either redubbed (by a good company) or at least bring the rest of the series back to america. <_<

Here comes Santa Claus. ronozoro's Avatar

sailor moon dic dub was my very first anime way back in 3rd grade. i remember waking up with my older sister at 5:30 in the morrning to watch it. me and my friends used to have sailor moon parties where we dressed up as the characters i was always jupiter. my older sister got the uncut first season for her birthday this year so sometime this summer i think im going to sit back and watch. oh the memories
    I am now on DevantART so come cheak out my art i demand it of you :laugh:
    Quote Originally Posted by the ONION
    "We believe that Google Desktop Search is the best way to unlock the information hidden on your hard drive, if you haven't given it a try, now's the time. In one week, the deleting begins." ~Google CEO Eric Schmidt

Yeah, the DiC dub was pretty bad, but it&#39;s still a classic. :D

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Originally posted by tanci@Mar 11 2005, 05:59 PM
    BTW, has anyone seen the Sailor Moon LIVE ACTION? That&#39;s where they have really actresses and actors play the characters. I&#39;ve gotta say, it is the most HILARIOUS and DUMB thing I&#39;ve ever seen in my entire life XD Doesn&#39;t do the original any justice at all.
    [snapback]13405[/snapback]
    Aw, it was a great show. o_o. And Naoko actually had a lot of say in it, so it was truer to her vision of it than the anime was. I mean... yes, it was cheesy as the hell and the youma were hilarious. XD And I totally cracked up at the thought of Mamoru in his Endymion costume just chillin&#39; in Tokyo, because if I passed him in the street while he was wearing that, I would point and laugh. And Kunzite&#39;s melodramatic, drawn-out scream that they played in like 65378452 episodes also got a hearty chuckle each time. But the story was actually pretty good, and they developed most of the characters more than they did in the anime, and so I loved it. Actually, I think the cheesiness of it all adds to the overall appeal, now that I think about it.

Wow XD Nice.

Aw man, I used to LOVE Sailor Moon&#33; It was on in the morning before I went to school. Haven&#39;t watched it in ages...

Pirate Age (Under Construction)

Originally posted by tanci@Mar 11 2005, 04:59 PM
    BTW, has anyone seen the Sailor Moon LIVE ACTION? That&#39;s where they have really actresses and actors play the characters. I&#39;ve gotta say, it is the most HILARIOUS and DUMB thing I&#39;ve ever seen in my entire life XD Doesn&#39;t do the original any justice at all.
    [snapback]13405[/snapback]
    Hah, thank god other people watched it other than me.

I first started to just to make fun of it, it was so freaking cheesy and lame, but after 4 episodes it just drags you in like a drug and you can&#39;t stop watching&#33; Rei-chan 4evr :lol:

Airtos

I watched it&#33; My fav. character is Taiki

Grab the phallic object! Miss White day's Avatar

I like Sailor Moon. For me it&#39;s like one of those never-to-forget-about first anime fling. Like Astro boy, Dragon Ball and such other thing. I didn&#39;t know any better though, so I only saw the dub and don&#39;t know anything about the originals.
    My favorite sailor was Sailor Mercury. :lol:
    Fans make the fandom. What is your fandom made of?

My favorite was Venus. We had a whole Sailor Moon club in 6th grade where each a senshi and we wore rings in our colors and had transformation pens (which were actually highlighters) and stuff XD It was great. I still have my Venus highlighter on the shelf right over the computer.

I remember one time we tried to do a live action version of the episode where Jadeite uses airplanes as weapons. XD I don&#39;t know how we ever thought we could pull that off. I love us.

Jadeite getting run over by an airplane was one of the funniest deaths I&#39;ve ever seen.

My favorite was Mars. Ah, Mars....

Originally posted by Cap&#39;n Carter@Mar 12 2005, 10:43 AM
    Jadeite getting run over by an airplane was one of the funniest deaths I&#39;ve ever seen.
    [snapback]13745[/snapback]
    Yeah, I have lots of icons of that scene. XD

Me being Jadeite at Katsu... with a paper airplane, of course.

You look just like him (is that a compliment? :lol: )

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information