+ Reply to Thread
Page 338 of 338 FirstFirst ... 238 288 328 336 337 338
Results 6,741 to 6,756 of 6756

Thread: What are you Playing?

Default Re: What are you Playing?

Trying to get back into Majora's Mask 3D after 6 month layoff and barely know what I should be doing
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

After months of effort, I finally climbed the ladder and got gold rank in League of Legends, in both game modes. I get a free skin at the end of the year now! Whether or not it's on a champ I like it another question...

All in all, not really worth the frustration but I did it anyway. It probably a mistake. I want to go play Breath of the Wild now. Zelda doesn't yell at me for not ganking enough.

Discovered Stowaway

I started playing Radiation Island on the Switch. It reminds me a bit of Ark: Survival Evolved but without dinosaurs and with a lot less crafting options. There's less factors to manage (like only having a hunger meter rather than hunger and thirst) so it's easier to focus on and keep track of things. I think if I hadn't already played Ark I'd enjoy this one more as a buildup to something more complicated.

Last month I got all 9 classes on Hearthstone golden. 500 wins each, the last win done all in the same day.

I'm currently back to Diablo III, with my personal goal of filling up Kanai's cube, an artifact that if you sacrifice an item with a passive ability, then you can use that ability without equiping it. Like an extra inventory slot. It got reseted when I moved servers to europe, but I'm done with Crusader, Necromancer and Demon Hunter. 4 to go.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

A few hours into Grim Fandango now and I'm just gonna say this game's "logic" is totally unintuitive and, frankly, complete bullshit.

Spoiler:
    So in order to steal Domino's client, I need to slip a card into a tiny little slot in the tube and then, on top of that, punch holes in the card to relieve the pressure?

Oh yeah, and of course sticking a bone into a web and then using your scythe to pull it back makes it a slingshot that launches Glottis's heart. Yeah, of course, obviously.

Just...what the hell, this game?

Great script though

Sounds like typical adventure game nonsense to me.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Grim Fandango is one of those games where the writing/humor is its only saving grace. At the time it was an upgrade compared to the adventure games running around, but it has aged very poorly in most respects. And I'm talking about the remaster XD.

I mean, I get that trying to follow the programmer's flow of logic in adventure games can be pretty tricky, but this just feels absurd.

I played Monkey Island a few years ago and I don't remember it being this hard.

The worst ones are the scenario based ones, like "Stand here, without any prompt and THIS happens". That fucking forest is a logical nightmare.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

don't know that Grim Fandango is any worse than the point-and-click standard in terms of logic--full disclosure, it's still one of my favorite games--but it seems a lot worse because it's so much harder to cycle through options when you're stuck.

I'd put the tank controls for that game as the biggest problem, even moreso than the obscure solutions. And just wait for the racetrack. :/

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    don't know that Grim Fandango is any worse than the point-and-click standard in terms of logic--full disclosure, it's still one of my favorite games--but it seems a lot worse because it's so much harder to cycle through options when you're stuck.
    Hmm, that could be part of it.

I'd put the tank controls for that game as the biggest problem, even moreso than the obscure solutions. And just wait for the racetrack. :/
    You should try the remaster. They got rid of the tank controls.

Just a week to go for Crash Team Racing <3333

Okay, so the puzzles in Grim Fandango did get more fair and easier as it went along (or maybe I just got more used to the games logic), but I still had look up a few bullshit solutions along the way. Good game for what it is, but if this is the best that point-and-click games had to offer, I can kinda see why they're not really a thing anymore.

Next up, Metal Gear Solid V!

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Okay, so the puzzles in Grim Fandango did get more fair and easier as it went along (or maybe I just got more used to the games logic), but I still had look up a few bullshit solutions along the way. Good game for what it is, but if this is the best that point-and-click games had to offer, I can kinda see why they're not really a thing anymore.

Next up, Metal Gear Solid V!
    "boy, I enjoyed this game, but the logical leaps were really problematic. Now to wind down with some Metal Gear Solid!"

Glad you enjoyed, but yeah, the writing/aesthetic of Grim were a lot better than the puzzles. For me, at least, the best point-and-click adventure game was Curse of Monkey Island -- purists will say the first two, though I think the second in particular is one of the worst in terms of logical leaps -- but can't think of many in the genre that didn't have a few "how in hell was I supposed to think of that?" moments.

Of course, I grew up on Space Quest and King's Quest, so imagine that level of head-scratching combined with dying to completely random stuff all the time.

Played through SMT: Strange Journey Redux pretty much haven't had too much trouble in the early game like I did with SMTIV and Nocturne.

Bit unexpected to playthrough the game entirely with just the Japanese dub given almost every other release/port exclusively had the english dub.

In other news why is getting a fireteam to do Chasm Of Screams in Destiny 2 so damn difficult?

Half of the time I'm getting only one player to join up and on the rare occasion I get a full fireteam one or both players can't be bothered to join wasting time filling up slots.

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    "boy, I enjoyed this game, but the logical leaps were really problematic. Now to wind down with some Metal Gear Solid!"

Glad you enjoyed, but yeah, the writing/aesthetic of Grim were a lot better than the puzzles. For me, at least, the best point-and-click adventure game was Curse of Monkey Island -- purists will say the first two, though I think the second in particular is one of the worst in terms of logical leaps -- but can't think of many in the genre that didn't have a few "how in hell was I supposed to think of that?" moments.

Of course, I grew up on Space Quest and King's Quest, so imagine that level of head-scratching combined with dying to completely random stuff all the time.
    Curse is easily the best Monkey Island game in my opinion. Though I'm not sure the absurdly drawn-out gags are as good as the first two games. Overall my favorite point-and-click adventure is still The Longest Journey though. It's absolutely fantastic. Still has some clumsy puzzles, and it's not as silly, but the writing is amazing. Not that there isn't a super soft spot in my heart for King's Quest games, particularly 2, 3, and 6.

If you want a modern updated Point & Click where the main character is a schmuck clearly inspired by Guybrush, I highly recommend Deponia. Though the first game is definitely the best and yet ends on a complete cliffhanger. Book of Unwritten Tales is also pretty good.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information