+ Reply to Thread
Page 298 of 339 FirstFirst ... 198 248 288 296 297 298 299 300 308 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,960 of 6775

Thread: What are you Playing?

Default Re: What are you Playing?

It's been ages since I did this (on actual GBC carts), but I don't think you can accidentally screw yourself. But even if not, you do have to complete the right quests and tell the right people the passwords, so just input them when it makes sense and you'll be fine? The order you do the different quests doesn't matter though. I mean, except for the codes you have to use to start a brand new game of course.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tenth Strawhat View Post
    Same here. Adventure 1 on Dreamcast was how I was introduced to the Sonic series as a kid and was the first game I played. The original will forever be my favorite (that and I'm bothered slightly by the glossy models in the DX remake).
    I couldn't agree more.

Rainbow Six Siege. I hate it's pricing model so much but good god is it addicting. A tense game about strategic positioning punctuated by really intense periods of gunplay.
    NNID: julsjacket

Aggravator via Destiny darktravis's Avatar

Almost finished with I Am Setsuna. It really is a budget Chrono Trigger and it's quite aware of it (CT references ahoy).

After a month my game itinerary is:
    FF15 (finish up)
    The Last Guardian
    Resident Evil 2+3+0
    I am Setsuna
    LOH: Trails in the Sky SC
    Zero Time Dilemma

Taking a RE break because 1. I played RE1, REMake and RE2 in quick succession so I'm preventing some burnout; 2. I've gotten a bit busier.

After most of the list is done, I think I'll unearth my Gamecube to play RE0 and some others.
    The Game Grumps playthrough of Paper Mario TTYD is making me want to replay it (fun fact: I started my current RE kick sorely becuase I wanted to watch the GG LP spoiler free).
    Also, have to do something I should've done a LONG time ago:
    Fucking Tales of Symphonia.
    Got up to the final dungeon and just didn't finish it.

Yes, apparantly stopping at the final stretch in RPGs was just a thing I used to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    I'm playing Oracle of Ages on a Linked Game right now and I have a quick question for anyone who has played these games Linked before.

Ok, so both games have a sword upgrade. You can go from a Lv1 Wooden Sword to a Lv2 Iron Sword. If you do a Linked game tho, you can carry over your upgrade via a "Secret" you can get by doing a side quest in the new game, then jumping back into the old game and continuing the side quest, then jumping back in the new game with the code you got.
    I know there is a way, for example, to then get Lv3 upgrades for a few things (Sword, Shield, Ring Box, etc)

My question is: Is there a certain order you need to do these in for this to work right? Like, if I do the Linked game upgrade first, will that lock me out of getting the Lv3 sword? Do I HAVE to get the in-game upgrade first before doing the Linked upgrade, or vice versa? Or does it work in any order. IE: If I have the level 2 sword and then get either upgrade it was automatically make it the Lv3?
    Like, right now I've done the side quests that will give me the Lv2 Seed Satchel, Bomb Bags, and Ring Box, but the game has not yet upgraded any of those things naturally... so if I redeem them, will the game then later let me get the Lv3 ones? or will it go "Nope, you already got that"?

I just don't wanna miss out because of a logistical screw up.

I would assume any order is ok since the game locks it behind side quests. Like, you can't cheat and just use a password generator or look up passwords online because from what the stuff I've found online says, Faore will say she doesn't recognize the secret you're telling her if you haven't done the side quest in the game you're in (usually it's just talking to a person who gives you an errand to do in the older game, but these people don't show up until certain dungeons are beaten)
    But I can't find anything online that specifically says "You can redeem the upgrades in any order and it won't lock anything".
    I've never been locked out of anything in those games. The Zelda games are generally very well bug tested (aside from the CDI ones), so I wouldn't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by darktravis View Post
    Almost finished with I Am Setsuna. It really is a budget Chrono Trigger and it's quite aware of it (CT references ahoy).
    You just inadvertently sold a Switch launch game to me.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

I am Setsuna is going to be on the Switch also? Awesome, it deserves to be on as many platforms as possible.

Just finished Day of the tentacle remastered in one sitting and decided to finally pick up Grim Fandango now that it's on sale.

Ok, I moved onto Metroid Prime 2 for the sake of variety and... I nearly forgot how much I love Metroid. The Prime series is the perfect evolution of the exploration and loneliness of Metroid into 3D...

This is gonna be a great weekend.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Screw you Dragon quest 7
    Spoiler:
    can you stop take my team members from the team, I know unlike Kiefer I'll get maribell back, but for crying out loud she was the white mage of the team

I want to believe too big guy
    3ds code friend:0404-6254-1866
    new "new"3ds code friend:0791-4253-7110 (monster hunter)

"Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana" did that to me.
    Kept taking away my strongest allies. Grr

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Beat Metroid Prime 2! Goddamn excellent game! Might even be better than the first. I remember getting lost more in the first one than I did here.

Been playing a lot of Pokemon Soulsilver lately on Rom. Still stuck on the Elite 4 rematches, I just can't believe how absurdly large the gap is between Karen and Lance is. He keeps on trouncing me in before I even beat two of his guys. And after that the gap between Lance and Red is even larger. Which will force me to do Elite 4 over and over and over until I reach the point I can hope to touch him. Seems like the moment you reach the endgame in this franchise, you just get put through a meatgrinder of redundancy. I've beaten Will so many times I could probably do it with a blindfold at this point.

Wanted NiOh but had to settle for Yakuza 0......probably will get around to them once I polish off Tales Of Xillia.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; February 14th, 2017 at 02:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Playing DragonQuest VII, this game has some unique logic

- Kiefer tells you to go back to Estard, Hermit tells you to go get Kiefer, game doesn't tell you Kiefer went back to Estard.

Oh and Maribel is awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

For honor and gta v and dota 2 and heroes of storm and hearthstone depending which one my friends are playing
    Spoiler:

By fire be purged

Getting back into playing the Call of Chernobyl mod for the Stalker games. On ironman right now (and there's also a new mode where if you die you take over the body of a random NPC in the game) and I've gone pretty far without dying. Cleared out two bandit camps and got quite a few good weapons. AK74, Saiga, and VSS Vintorez, along with a good collection of scopes and sights.

I've picked up Shovel Knight again, and I've also been playing Cave Story, it's really good. Gonna start playing DQ VIII on the 3DS as well, the PS2 version is one of my all-time favourite games.

Finally got round to finishing Dark souls 3. Really fun game in the end and I managed to snag the usrper of the flame ending withouthaving to do too much research. The final boss was a really cool throwback to DS1 as well.

Now I can finally permit myself to buy new games, Nioh here I come

Half a week later and I'm still having fun.
    It's just a pain to build up gems before getting more booster packs lol

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information