+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1,028: Brachiosnakeus

Default Chapter 1,028: Brachiosnakeus

Break next week. Chapter 1,029 will release on 10/24/2021.

Manga Plus: https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1010002
    VIZ Manga: https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/one-p...95?action=read

Author Comments 10/10/2021: https://www.viz.com/blog/posts/mangk...ngs-10-10-2021

Eiichiro Oda

The season for oden is upon us. Gonna buy a ton of beef tendon from a restaurant supplier and simmer it up!
    Last edited by Shift; October 10th, 2021 at 09:02 AM.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Discovered Stowaway ArseneWenger's Avatar

Default Re: Chapter 1,028: Brachiosnakeus

Soo.... I am assuming BM Pirates are going to stop WG/CP ships?

also, I am cool with Sanji development.
    Whichever side wins becomes the Justice.

This chapter is super fun. I only wish some of the more emblematic panels looked less scribbled.

Please don't do another Rescue Robin arc, I wanna see Elbaph after this.

Queen rules the world. Best Beast pirate by a mile.
    Sanji awakening is, dunno what to think about it, but I did a "happy kid clapping" reaction while reading, so I guess I´m fine with it.
    That CP0 squad seems overconfident to say the least.
    Like, Jinbei could solo them IMO. Crap, now I wish he does.
    Luffy at this point is so strong that he would beat Pigeon guy in his sleep (think Ace attempts vs Whitebeard).
    They better bring at least 2 Admirals and a couple hundred next-gen Pacifista, or they´re in for a rude awakening.

Sanji is now set to be one of the most powerful characters of One Piece, although his healing abilities most likely have limits that we will begin to see as the fight goes on. Not even Luffy would have tanked Queen's last attack with no haki. This is a very welcome power up!

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Please don't do another Rescue Robin arc, I wanna see Elbaph after this.
    I think it is unlikely for Robin to be captured a second time. What I'm curious to see is who or what exactly those government ships are bringing with them. I'm betting on Vegapunk's brand new invention, and if it weren't for the new "Onigashima is a bomb" plot line, I would've guessed that invention to be something akin to a nuclear weapon.

EDIT: This might be my favorite chapter of the year so far.

A break... And I bet Oda will troll me and give me some switch to something not as important

I'm worried about how exactly they'll manage to deal with the World Government once the mess with Kaido is over and done with. Maybe the Grand Fleet will make its reappearance?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptayn View Post
    Sanji is now set to be one of the most powerful characters of One Piece, although his healing abilities most likely have limits that we will begin to see as the fight goes on. Not even Luffy would have tanked Queen's last attack with no haki. This is a very welcome power up!
    Luffy's rubber body would be mostly fine against a constrictor move.

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    Luffy's rubber body would be mostly fine against a constrictor move.
    Yes, but by "last attack" I mean the sword strike in the very last panel!

Personally was never a fan of the idea that Sanji would unlock the abilities his brothers had, but looks like that's what we are getting. Outside of that, pretty great chapter. Queen has always been a fun character and seeing more antics with his dinosaur form had me laughing.

As for the fleet, there are a few different ways to see them being taken out. Big Mom pirates, the Grand Fleet, or if Shanks does indeed make an appearance at the end of the arc his crew.

This was so much better than the already great summary made it seem.

Wonderfully paced insanity that made me smile

I really hope Tashigi is with the marines. I won't do her character justice if she doesn't witness the birthplace of katanas herself.
    "In mad world, only the mad are sane."

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptayn View Post
    Yes, but by "last attack" I mean the sword strike in the very last panel!
    Fair enough. Although why make a comparison using Luffy with no haki?

Quote Originally Posted by Clessenur View Post
    I really hope Tashigi is with the marines. I won't do her character justice if she doesn't witness the birthplace of katanas herself.
    Finally someone brings this up. Fully agree.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    Fair enough. Although why make a comparison using Luffy with no haki?
    To hype my boy Sanji up

I somehow assumed those were WG agents and not marines

I really wasn't ready for how crazy this chapter was. The Marines/World Government is coming. CP0 is now absolutely going to go after Robin, potentially meaning Brook gets a late fight.

Queen has now cemented himself as one of my favorite characters with his antics, and as for Sanji, I definitely did not see that coming. I thought at best we'd get an explanation for his ability to create fire, not for him to go full Germa modified body. Very exciting power up, I love that he hates it so much.

I'm not gonna lie. The whole fanbase complaining about a potential Robin kidnap is annoying.
    You are pretty much what Robin feared: that Luffy would go "Oh not again, fuck her". It's like people don't understand Enies Lobby.
    Oda has been neglecting and making Robin a side-side character for the longest and I'm glad Robin is getting some focus now. I rather have her be kidnapped again than her not having any presence in the story.
    I don't even think CP0 is gonna capture her. If anything it's gonna be BB and that way Oda can resolve the Kuzan/Robin plot that was introduced Post-Enies Lobby.
    I think everyone chasing her is gonna be the throne wars and if no one every manages to kidnap her, there would be no tension because basically no one else can become pirate king, even if they have all the road poneglyphs.
    Also I'm pretty sure Robin's bounty is gonna be huge after this and that Robin is the light that needs to be extinguished from history.

I'm with KageKageKing. Another save Robin arc would be straight garbage.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Quote Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
    I'm not gonna lie. The whole fanbase complaining about a potential Robin kidnap is annoying.
    You are pretty much what Robin feared: that Luffy would go "Oh not again, fuck her". It's like people don't understand Enies Lobby.
    Oda has been neglecting and making Robin a side-side character for the longest and I'm glad Robin is getting some focus now. I rather have her be kidnapped again than her not having any presence in the story.
    How about using her in a way that is refreshing for the reader and spares her the passive role?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information