+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1,028: Brachiosnakeus

Default Re: Chapter 1,028: Brachiosnakeus

Time to fake Robins death. Dress queen up in her dress, fake nose and a bob cut wig and you don't need to worry about mr meow meow chasing her anymore

Another great chapter. I have my qualms with Wano including the Onigashima raid, but ever since things got serious and all the running around stopped, what a ride it has been !
    If it was even needed, this one truly cements Queen as the MVP of the Beast Pirates - the Brachiosnake and launchers had me laughing. With the right mix of goofiness and serious threat, he continues to be the most Oda-esque character of Wano and soars miles above Jack and King, lunarian or not.

I very much liked Sanji's powerup and how reluctant he is to accept it. This begs for an explanation of what the Raid suit did to him and whether it is a fluke or an augmentation Judge forced on his son knowing he would never have agreed to it, but at the very least it made for an awesome Terminator moment I wouldn't have expected to get with anyone other than Franky. I hope we get another meeting with the Vinsmokes in the future, or anyone else who can clarify.

One thing I'm less thrilled about is Yamato leaving Momonosuke again : the two formed an interesting duo that I had hoped to see more of. The stack of explosives is a valid motivation, but seeing how we didn't know about it until last chapter and Onigashima alone is already one hell of a threat to the Flower Capital, I could have done without him dashing away a second time . His meeting the Heart Pirates could result in some interesting misunderstandings, though. Not to mention whatever part the defused/ditched explosives may play in solving the final crisis, so let's see what comes out of it.

Also, please no kidnapping Robin. I will be super-glad if a failed attempt serves as a demonstration that she does well to stand with the StrawHats and trust in the strength of her friends, however I don't think I can stomach another "Rescue [insert name] arc" at the moment. Especially if it means Robin has to play Princess Peach again.
    Last edited by Seafarer33; October 10th, 2021 at 12:29 PM.

There's much to speculate on Sanji's powerup, what it entails and how it'll evolve. I'm not a huge fan of him awakening his brothers' abilities, I mean, his mom died to prevent that (though I guess we could argue that Sanji being a nice guy was already a "victory" of sorts for Sora). And right now it seems straight up overpowered. Like, a sword slash to the neck does nothing? That's crazy!

BUT, for now, let's just take everything else in this chapter for what it is - a really, really fun chapter. Queen obviously takes the cake, but I have to stress that: I think the Brachiosnake might be one of the craziest things Oda has done. I thought the Triceracopter was crazy enough, but this is just pure visual insanity. Like...are we to believe Oda just created an entire canon for dinosaurs in the One Piece world where they were, indeed, capable of doing all these crazy shit? I hope Drake can breath fire, for example. Just keep the craziness rolling!

Momo left on his own to lift the island is a good setup, and since he became an adult dragon he's been pretty fun. His character is leaps and bounds more enjoyable now than in Punk Hazard - Dressrosa. Yamato heading back to Onigashima makes me think some danger will await for him there. And of course, CP-0 heading there to bomb the post-victory party is pretty exciting in an on itself.

Yup, the chapter is pretty damned fire. Now, the next two weeks are going to be looooong.

I said this in the spoiler thread, but the WG wanting to control Wano is quite the development. My original assumption was that they'd be interested in Wano after finding out about Vegapunk's DF that Momo ate, but it's clear that they have other objectives, not to mention their persistent interest in Robin. Since they've made Wano a target, even if they are driven back temporarily, they won't suddenly give up, especially since they no longer even care if Kaido is victorious or not.

All of that to say, Yamato's DF as the "Guardian Deity of Wano Country" means that the character may have more to do to protect Wano even if/when Kaido loses. Right now, Yamato's in wolf form running around Onigashima and it's likely that we'll finally get reactions from some of the natives about their diety running around.

And on the title, Brachiosaur-Hiss was a much better title title.

Something few people commented about:

The Heart Pirates have reached Onigashima. You can see them when Yamato is climbing back up, and the reactions to Yamato's wolf form also seem to come from them.

That means there was more people on Momo's back when he flew back to the island. They were probably inside Caribou, I'd guess, who then may have fallen off when Momo started breaking throught walls.

There's a higer-than-zero chance that they will play a role ahead.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Unfortunate implications aside Oda has really given robo-Sanji a lot of time to shine. Probably my favorite battle so far, just a shade ahead of Fuhrankys.

I liked the chapter especially Momo saying he can lift the island but he still must do it. And trying to make up the clouds and failing for now.

The World government serving as Wano opening borders could be interesting.

I did not like the Sanji fight. I want a villain to feel thrreatning. And I think the snake think is stupid. I think the shooting yourserlf is stupid and makes him a fool and I dont like Sanji getting those powers. But those are all things setup for a while so they take much away from my good time.

I would like to repeat this again since the official translation kept most stuff intact.

It does seem like Lucci is not actually in those ships himself, he says "the ships have been sent" as if he wasn't there, and "bring Nico Robin" as if he couldn't go and do it himself either.

Which would make sense, since the last time we seen him, he was at Mariejoa, and I know it's been some time, but he had zero reasons to randomly sail near Wano, considering no one really knew this was going to happen.

It also makes total sense that the WG can only send CipherPool-Ships, with the Marines dealing with the Shichibukai, Alabasta's incident, and of course whatever Teach is doing now, his moves are definitely under the radar of Akainu.

Hey, you should know some elementary rules of story-telling. Robin isn't getting kidnapped by the WG because it was just said that she's gonna be kidnapped
    Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

If it weren't for Strong World doing a second "save Nami" arc, I'd have no problem with a second "rescue Robin" arc.

If she does end up getting kidnapped, I think it'd be super interesting. There is no way Oda would just recycle the same basic plot of "follow where they took Robin, beat the bad guys, save her".

Robin is very different after Enies Lobby. This would be a kidnapping she'd be both fighting tooth-and-nail to escape from, but also having faith in the Strawhats saving her.

But like I said, my only issue is that touching on those things, while different from Nami, is similar enough to Strong World showing Nami's growth compared to Arlong Park.

What could be interesting is a scenario where Robin is abducted, specifically told to translate copies of the Road Poneglyphs for the WG, and she willingly does in a gambit to escape their custody, knowing the Strawhats just have to beat them to Laughtale, and adding the WG/Marines as a third contender for getting the One Piece, along with Blackbeard. Hypothetically this would be the best time for the WG to get the Road Poneglyphs. CP0 is already on Onigashima where 1 of them is, Big Mom is away from Whole Cake. And who knows whats going on with Zuneisha(seriously where is Zou right now?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    Hey, you should know some elementary rules of story-telling. Robin isn't getting kidnapped by the WG because it was just said that she's gonna be kidnapped
    Yea, it might happen, but just because it's being said a lot doesn't mean it's an absolute certainty. Characters only keep bringing up Robin because pirates and the World Government both understand how important she is.

I hope this leads to a good fight for Brook at least

They already have to save Sabo and friends so I doubt they’ll throw Nico Robin on top of that, especially since Zoro will be out of commission for the next arc

What an entertaining chapter! Been loving Wano so much especially when the focus gets on the Straw Hats.

So Judge probably had a clear understanding of what Sora did to herself to cause Sanji to turn out the way he did. Sanji would have never put the suit on if he knew what it would cause. No doubt Judge still had a trick up his sleeve to dig into Sanji's genes. Did he do it out of spite or what? I can't wait to see him again to figure out Judge's motives.

The fire doesn't seem to be anything Judge had planned as the augmentations never worked. Sanji had his natural blond hair color unlike his gene modified siblings. So is Sanji a Lunarian plus a Germa bio weapon? Does Oda want to do all of that at once? Maybe! It more or less seems to be happening now. I don't know about you all but I swear since the time skip Sanji has gotten way more love than anyone. I mean in terms of panel time and development. Not just talking about superficial things like knocking down a door or winning fights.

But isn't this ability too good at first glance? And I don't remember the Vinsmokes putting themselves back together. I'm still trying to figure if this is another fake out and it's something Lunarian's do. Still doesn't matter where it comes from, the abilities just seem too good.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    And I don't remember the Vinsmokes putting themselves back together. I'm still trying to figure if this is another fake out and it's something Lunarian's do. Still doesn't matter where it comes from, the abilities just seem too good.
    They did, just not to this extent. First, Yonji fixed his face with the help of the doctor, then Niji fixed his chin himself right after Sanji kicked him in chapter 840.

Discovered Stowaway astagadragon's Avatar

Queen is the best character in Wano, Sasaki close second and distant third is Yamato lol

Sanji's power up seems really unwarranted, but eh he really needs all he can get to step up the game. What is he even doing in the timeskip again?

He didn't even show them in full!
    "The rain has ceased, and we have been graced by another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it." - Elidibus

So, on the cover pages... is Brook Lord Raptor from Darkstalkers? Robin is kind of Morrigan...

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    I did not like the Sanji fight. I want a villain to feel thrreatning. And I think the snake think is stupid. I think the shooting yourserlf is stupid and makes him a fool and I dont like Sanji getting those powers. But those are all things setup for a while so they take much away from my good time.
    Why are yhou even reading One Piece?

That's the best stuff Oda's done in ages.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

"this is what triceratops normally do" was my favourite gag since the beginning of Wano. "This is the real power of the brachiosaurus" is probably all time top ten material.
    Curiosity has its own reason for existing

Why is Queen's teeth sharp half the time and regular the other half?

While a lot of persons have concern about Sanji new power up or hate the concept of him having the same power his mother try to prevent, I don't have those hang up but curiosity about the whole set up when did Oda thought of it, was it recent or from as far back as Sanji intro.

-in Alabasta he called himself Mr. Prince, did Oda intended for him to be a price then.
    -was the whole wanted poster thing a gag or was it done to protect future story line and holes that it might have created earlier if his real face was place on the poster.
    -In ennist Lobby he created fire on his foot out of thin air, in thriller bark he set himself on fire and it came off as a gag, did Oda already have his lineage down.
    -Sanji have gotten broken bones from gin, Virgo among other injuries, he even got a bullet and didn't realized, yet we hardly see him in bandage or chopper treating him.

See where I am going, looking at what is happening now one wonders if it was all plan from the get go or did Oda realize certain things he did with Sanji along the way and decide to use all those things we took for granted and develop Sanji back story and present power up.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

While a lot of persons have concern about Sanji new power up or hate the concept of him having the same power his mother try to prevent, I don't have those hang up but curiosity about the whole set up when did Oda thought of it, was it recent or from as far back as Sanji intro.

-in Alabasta he called himself Mr. Prince, did Oda intended for him to be a price then.
    -was the whole wanted poster thing a gag or was it done to protect future story line and holes that it might have created earlier if his real face was place on the poster.
    -In ennist Lobby he created fire on his foot out of thin air, in thriller bark he set himself on fire and it came off as a gag, did Oda already have his lineage down.
    -Sanji have gotten broken bones from gin, Virgo among other injuries, he even got a bullet and didn't realized, yet we hardly see him in bandage or chopper treating him.

See where I am going, looking at what is happening now one wonders if it was all plan from the get go or did Oda realize certain things he did with Sanji along the way and decide to use all those things we took for granted and develop Sanji back story and present power up.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Why are you even reading One Piece?

That's the best stuff Oda's done in ages.
    We had the helicopter dyno not so long ago.

I also didnt like that Luffy seeing Sabo again was an Enel face insteading of just seeing him be happy.

I dont like humor to encroach on everything. I prefer emotional moment played straight. I think its easier to feel what the character feel. And I high stakes fight to have villains with threatening presence. I think it makes taking them down more satisfying and feel more like an accomplishment.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information