+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1,027: Danger Beyond Imagining

Default Chapter 1,027: Danger Beyond Imagining

Manga Plus: https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1010001
    VIZ Manga: https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/one-p...90?action=read

Author Comments 10/03/2021: https://www.viz.com/blog/posts/mangaka-musings-10-3-21

Eiichiro Oda

I can’t forget the taste of the endomame crackers I had at a certain shop, so I’ve been eating a ton of endomame snacks.
    Last edited by Shift; October 10th, 2021 at 09:05 AM.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Default Re: Chapter 1,027: Danger Beyond Imagining

Guess all that hoopla over Yamabro was sort of pointless

Yamato, smartest person on Onigashima...

"There will be an answer, let it be."

That panel where Yams whacks dragon momo upside the head made me smile

Guess it really is a 1v1 fight for Zoro and Sanji, that's cool though. King definitely has the best hybrid(?) form of the three commanders, him using his wings as swords is pretty cool. Can't wait to see how he combines his attacks with his flame abilities.

Where do King's normal wings disappear to when he turns his arms into Pteranodon wings?

They probably also transform into his Pteranodon wings...

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    They probably also transform into his Pteranodon wings...
    It's just weird to imagine them fusing in his hybrid form

Why? They also disappear when he's fully transformed...
    Not hard to imagine them as an extra set of arms... arms transform - wings transform

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

King being some kind of jet fighter made me lol a bit (and reminded me of Garchomp somehow)

Eager for a face reveal - since that's a promised thing since Who'sWho fight -, but now with more Plot to satisfy eager readers. will the face tattoo have a meaning? is it holy? sacred? Mystery-of-the-world-connected?

Zoro, King, Luffy, Momo, Kaido, Yamato, Neko, Carrot, Wanda and Peros are the only ones outside the dome. I wonder if Oda will use this formation somehow.

Welp, now Franky participation feels a bit fillery since the fight will happen outisde the dome...? But I'm always glad to see the SHs caring for eachother, so I'm a-ok with it.

Momo...wasn't already flying to get to Onigashima in the first place...? Yamato explaining the flame clouds again seems a bit misplaced to me.

and ouch, seems that even when succesfuly blocked a Thunder Bagua still leaves a hell of a headache afterwards.

Why? They also disappear when he's fully transformed...
    Not hard to imagine them as an extra set of arms... arms transform - wings transform
    Because it's much easier to imagine his wings grow into his back rather than fusing with his arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Coookie View Post
    Because it's much easier to imagine his wings grow into his back rather than fusing with his arms.
    Really? You don't even have to imagine it...

Quote Originally Posted by puffing.cinema View Post
    Momo...wasn't already flying to get to Onigashima in the first place...? Yamato explaining the flame clouds again seems a bit misplaced to me.
    Well, it was kinda weird, but he was flying by improvisation (and with his eyes closed) before, so he wasn't really aware of what he was doing, just like in Punk Hazard. Now, Yamato is teaching him the basics, so Momo can better control what he's doing, as well as keeping his fear of falling in check.
    Last edited by Deicide; October 3rd, 2021 at 11:22 AM.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Default Chapter 1,027: Danger Beyond Imagining

Really? You don't even have to imagine it...

https://abload.de/img/2021-10-0319_17_45-on53jdu.png
    I know that there isn't a stated rule on how Zoan transformations work, but if King really fuses his wings with his arms then he is a clear outlier. For every other Zoan bar one, arms transform into wings/forelegs and vice versa, legs transform into hind legs. The one exception is Pierre where he's a bird that grows forelegs when in his hybrid form, and I believe that's mostly to get the Pegasus joke.
    My point is, the general body structure stays the same for all Zoans except Pierre throughout all transformations where the body just changes length/thickness/fur/etc. We never really got fusing body parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Coookie View Post
    We never really got fusing body parts.
    We never got a Zoan user that had anything like wings or other unusual body parts... did we?

Only Kaido and Yamato with their horns and King with his wings? Any other user was human, an object or an animal...

We never got a Zoan user that had anything like wings or other unusual body parts... did we?
    Actually, we got a bird with a horse fruit that became a pegasus, instead of having its wings turned into front legs.

Anyway, each zoan is unique. Oda is surely not even trying to have consistency with how hybrid forms work from user to user. My headcanon is that each users molds its hybrid according to some unconscious picture he has in his mind, and even users of the same fruit may look different.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Really liked the chapter. Higlights for me:
    - King's unique shape and fighting style. Already memorable and cool
    - Zoro seems to finally be struggling. He just reacted to King and couldn't strike back yet
    - Friendship between Momo and Yamato was very cool
    - That panel with Onigashima exploding while crashing into Wano looked really awesome and evocative. Wish it didn't have to be a literall bomb lol

Great chapter. Nice to see Yamato displaying some leadership skills with planning to solve the situation with just Momo. Also hyping up Luffy's milestone fight, arguably his biggest since what, Crocodile?

King stuff is intriguing. Wonder what the face looks like. King's fighting style is kinda menacing looking, though I do kinda wish he was fighting Sanji instead. Would look cooler for a lot of reasons. (Also appreciate the rare Zoro/Franky interaction.)
    Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

My two cents:

- I don't think Luffy will win 1v1. This feels more like he will stall Kaido (like Yamato was doing) while everything else is resolved. Then the "nive shadows" will gather and we will have the true final fight, which may not even happen in Onigashima, but in the Flower Capital itself, so Toki's profecy is realised in front of everyone. Luffy will certainly be the one to deliver the finishing blow(s), but he won't win alone.
    - I think, with Yamao and Momo together, the former will eventually use his DF's frost breath to weaken Kaido's flame clouds, so that the later can take control of Onigashima with his own flame clouds.
    - This chapter gave me a few "Luffy vs Katakuri" vibes for Zoro vs King, with how much King seems to surpass Zoro for now. I wonder what kind of revelations we will get from this fight. More about King's race is surely coming, but I'm thinking of what fighting advantages King has and which fighting secrets Zoro will find out in order to beat them.
    - Same way, I wonder about Sanji vs. Queen, and I'm hoping these are not traditional 1v1s, but both fights keep intersecting, and eventually end simultaneously in the same chapter, rather than one after the other.

This chapter was pretty good.

It was obvious that Momo would have to stop Onigashima, but I like how this duty is exclusively his (with Yamato's guiding) without mobilizing the entire cast to accomplish this task, like it usually happens in other arcs. I think we have good chapters ahead instead of the annoying boredom of the birdcage.

The little we got from Zoro vs King was cool. I like the latter's style and tactics.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information