+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Chapter 1,027: Danger Beyond Imagining

Default Re: Chapter 1,027: Danger Beyond Imagining

Does anyone know what the context of Oda's Shanks comment was exactly? The way I took it when I remember it posted on reddit months ago it was about Shank actually making some kind of move in 2021 but I might remember it wrong or maybe it was translated wrong.
    Asking cause if it was actually correct and it doesn't happen this year it's going be a very clear indicator of the current state of Oda's estimates regarding when the series will finish.

Discovered Stowaway astagadragon's Avatar

At this point, if anyone still has doubt that the raid will success, is either reading another manga and mixed it up with OP or just not paying attention to the recent chapters, because Oda went full speed to finish the arc.

Please wake up.
    "The rain has ceased, and we have been graced by another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it." - Elidibus

Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    The chapter reiterates what Luffy wants not that it's the only thing that can happen.

The thing with that is if the prophecy wasn't real Oda would've never even brought it up via a character that can time travel.
    I never understood it as a prophecy. It was an instruction from Oden to Toki. The manga even has it in the same panelling as Oden's letter that was cut off in the previous chapter. She read that cryptic bit out to give hope to the people of Wano, WHILE not saying her plan
    #Vergoshotfirst #Doflaisapunk

Quote Originally Posted by ea77 View Post
    I never understood it as a prophecy. It was an instruction from Oden to Toki. The manga even has it in the same panelling as Oden's letter that was cut off in the previous chapter.
    Can you be sure?

Yamato once remarked she learned of Ace's death by reading Oden's journals...which would entail Oden somehow had explicit knowledge of future events related to Ace's death. Logic would also dictate that whatever the source of said knowledge gleamed from Laugh Tale, chances are Roger would've had access to the same well of intel, meaning he too would've would've known about Ace's ultimate fate? Not impossible, I suppose, but not something I view as being likely.

Seems to me a clear case of an Unreliable Narrator...or rather than an Unreliable Reliable Narrator, or what have you. Simply put, I think someone else took over where Oden left off, so far as his last journal entry is concerned; I strongly suspect Toki to be that person. She has her own agenda and secrets imho. I also think she knew precisely knew where to leave said journal where she knew Yamato would find it; straight up, I suspect Toki too can see into the future ala Sharley.

For that matter, recall too that Oden's own time table didn't mesh with the 20 years prophecy, as made glaringly clear during that flashback on Roger's ship....25 years before the present day. That, and Toki's own plans clearly clashed with what Oden intended for his wife and family. So I highly doubt events are unfolding exactly as Oden foresaw or even intended.

Let's put it this way: Black Mariah is far from being the most blatant example of the "Dangers of Women" we've seen thus far in this arc. I believe we'll soon come to learn that Toki...and her daughter....are incredibly formidable figures in their own right, and not just the innocent wallflowers many take them for.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthAsthma View Post
    Does anyone know what the context of Oda's Shanks comment was exactly? The way I took it when I remember it posted on reddit months ago it was about Shank actually making some kind of move in 2021 but I might remember it wrong or maybe it was translated wrong.
    Asking cause if it was actually correct and it doesn't happen this year it's going be a very clear indicator of the current state of Oda's estimates regarding when the series will finish.
    Did Oda even say this for 2021? The Shanks stuff feels like it was something he said back in 2018 or 2019 for the following year.

His estimates were off so who knows when they'll actually happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by ea77 View Post
    I never understood it as a prophecy. It was an instruction from Oden to Toki. The manga even has it in the same panelling as Oden's letter that was cut off in the previous chapter. She read that cryptic bit out to give hope to the people of Wano, WHILE not saying her plan

It's a prophecy for the ppl of Wano cuz that's the only way they can take it. The same way the scabbards coming back in 20 years can bee called a prophecy.

For Toki and Oden though its something that WILL happen. So to them its not a prophecy at all since there is no doubt about it if it will happen.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

"Yamato once remarked she learned of Ace's death by reading Oden's journals...which would entail Oden somehow had explicit knowledge of future events related to Ace's death. "

Do you remember chapter and panel? From my memory of the way she learned about Ace's death from a news paper or so, i am convinced you are mixing up something here. Mixing up her knowledge on strong new characters showing up and thinking the leader would be ace till he told her the same line roger also said and then later his death confirming luffy to be the one to lead the new strong, young pirates. Chapter 999 and 1000.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghidorah Guy View Post
    Can you be sure?

Yamato once remarked she learned of Ace's death by reading Oden's journals...which would entail Oden somehow had explicit knowledge of future events related to Ace's death.
    You got a link for that?

The journal having that level of detail would've definitely caused much more discussion by the readers on this forum for sure. There'd be a whole thread about what else is in Oden's journal.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Can you be sure?

Yamato once remarked she learned of Ace's death by reading Oden's journals...\
    No, he didn't.

You're wildly misremembering something.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

There are 8 supernovas in Wano. These 9 shadows who will bring the Dawn, could the supernovas all gang up on Kaido. We need a 9th supernova. Maybe Momo could be the 9 person besides the supernovas?. What was Shakky’s prophecy regarding the Supernovas?.

Quote Originally Posted by tenchu;415:grin:2296
    There are 8 supernovas in Wano. These 9 shadows who will bring the Dawn, could the supernovas all gang up on Kaido. We need a 9th supernova. Maybe Momo could be the 9 person besides the supernovas?. What was Shakky’s prophecy regarding the Supernovas?.
    I don't really see any scenario where Supernovas like Apoo stand side by side with Zoro, or X Drake, and especially Kid. The antagonism between these characters is beyond the point of reconciliation. Even if the have the common enemy of Kaido, Apoo and Hawkins have made their bed and they have to lie in it now.

I know Apoo is right now thinking about how Queen did him dirty by unleashing the Ice Oni on him, but if that is all it takes for him to flip sides after being an informant for Kaido all this time that would suck. If X Drake and Apoo come out holding hands after exchanging "I've always hated you" I might stop reading One Piece.

Same for Hawkins, he's going to get smacked by Killer's rotating knives and blame his tarot cards for not accurately predicting his defeat. My point is I don't think the supernovas that sided with Kaido can flip now, it's too late.

I agree. Except for getting defeated once and for all, Hawkin's and Apoo's roles have been played. They made their decision and they lost.
    Remember, remember, the 5th of November

Hawkings should get defeated with seastone nails he used against Law. That would be sweet imo

For that matter, recall too that Oden's own time table didn't mesh with the 20 years prophecy, as made glaringly clear during that flashback on Roger's ship....25 years before the present day. That, and Toki's own plans clearly clashed with what Oden intended for his wife and family. So I highly doubt events are unfolding exactly as Oden foresaw or even intended.
    Viz changed the line to "over 20 years from now" for the volume release:

Hidden:

If Sanji does anything in this climax, please inherit the Stealth Black name. Please Sanji! Don't be lame.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    The chapter reiterates what Luffy wants not that it's the only thing that can happen.
    Except it's not just what Luffy wants? Yamato, and the rest of the alliance, even freaking Kid, are now putting it all on Luffy to be the one to beat Kaido.

The thing with that is if the prophecy wasn't real Oda would've never even brought it up via a character that can time travel.
    This is some backwards logic that ignores that we got the Oden flashback that spelled out a good part of Toki's whole deal. Before the flashback, it was fine to speculate on that, but we definitively know that she cannot see the future. Her powers just essentially allow her to "make up" her own prophecy for the people of Wano, that's it. Obviously Toki's final words are foreshadowing in a meta sense, but it's not a literal prophecy.

That said, even if I was wrong about the 9 shadows not being the Scabbards, my main point is that the idea that 8 characters are suddenly going to join Luffy in a final, final fight against Kaido doesn't make any sense at this point of the story. It was always going to devolve into a scenario where Luffy beats Kaido 1v1.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    I’ll disagree there because I feel if the prophecy had been fulfilled and the shadows were just the scabbards, the story itself would confirm it somehow, most likely via the narrator or a character reminding the reader of it.

Since Toki died in front of the people to deliver the prophecy, I think the prophecy will be fulfilled in front of the people.
    Well the "dawn" hasn't arrived yet, so the story hasn't missed its chance to do that anyhow if the shadows are indeed the Scabbards. But again, really my point is that even if the shadows was referring to Luffy and various other characters, that does not mean that Kaido is getting definitively defeated by a specific group of 9 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Except it's not just what Luffy wants?
    Well yes it is.
    Yamato, and the rest of the alliance, even freaking Kid, are now putting it all on Luffy to be the one to beat Kaido.
    This is not the same thing. Somebody like Kid wants him to win cuz he went to the trouble of separating Big Mom from the fight and directly taking her on.

Yamato is already like a strawhat taking orders from Luffy.

Everyone else in the raid isn't worth mentioning given they're all on Luffy's side.

This is some backwards logic that ignores that we got the Oden flashback that spelled out a good part of Toki's whole deal. Before the flashback, it was fine to speculate on that, but we definitively know that she cannot see the future. Her powers just essentially allow her to "make up" her own prophecy for the people of Wano, that's it. Obviously Toki's final words are foreshadowing in a meta sense, but it's not a literal prophecy.
    You must've missed the part where I said it's a prophecy for the ppl which is why that word is being used but for Oden and Toki its a certainty which specifically makes it not a prophecy.

There is no doubt. This will happen. Oda is gonna make it pretty clear so you don't miss it as well.

That said, even if I was wrong about the 9 shadows not being the Scabbards, my main point is that the idea that 8 characters are suddenly going to join Luffy in a final, final fight against Kaido doesn't make any sense at this point of the story. It was always going to devolve into a scenario where Luffy beats Kaido 1v1.
    If it doesn't make sense to you, that's okay.
    Last.fm

Is it weird I had a daydream about King swallowing a newborn baby whole in his pteranodon form?
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

Yes, yes it is.

16 characters

VIZ finally posted Oda's comments from this issue; I added it to the front page.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information