+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1,026: The Pivotal Clash

Default Re: Chapter 1,026: The Pivotal Clash

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    So i don't quite know what to take away from these look what your faults made me do leaving posts
    Personally I don't visit the spoilers thread anymore ever since Mangaplus became a thing, so I wouldn't know how bad it is over there. But, seen from this little corner of the forum, both the leaving posts and anathema on criticism seem a little extreme.
    Then again I guess chapter discussion threads are comparatively quieter since most posters have had 3-4 days to vent by the time official release hits the shores ? Maybe I'd see it differently if it was a weekly 20-30 pages of the same arguments as opposed to 5-7, but yeah, I wouldn't say current chapter threads are overwhelmed by negativity. Readers here do voice griefs and most of the time criticism is deserved and valid, but they also point out relevant details, great art or winks to past chapters that may have gone unnoticed, all in a relatively balanced mix. Which doesn't feel anywhere near toxic, so I woulnd't lose sleep over any slammed doors.
    Last edited by Seafarer33; September 27th, 2021 at 01:22 PM.

Some really need to learn how to deal when it comes to people having opinions that differ from their own.

The spoiler thread is definitely more ranty. A good way to shut out the more critical voices is to not visit that part of the forum.

I'm curious if the spoiler thread was closed, would the more extreme opinions move here or would they fizzle out as people have to wait for the full properly translated chapter.
    Wano Predictions
    Spoiler:

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    There seems to be two things going on here – you both complain that “fans feel they're well versed or even experts on storytelling”, i.e. of fans making critical assessment of the effectiveness of the storytelling, and also of the very idea of speculating on the reason for storytelling choices.

Why is either of those things bad?
    I'm not sure who else you think you're talking about since you say "both" but I've already answered this question and it has somehow alluded you.

Saying I don't like this or I don't like that cuz Oda is clearly rushing or Oda doesn't like these characters or Oda doesn't care about this plot is tantamount to bullshit. There's nothing critical about that. LOL if you seriously think that's what you're doing.

But again me pointing that out can't stop you and clearly won't. Believe what you want.

As far as my posts, I'll just assume you don't frequent the spoiler threads which this thread just ends up an extension of.
    Last edited by Zik; September 27th, 2021 at 02:04 PM.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

People complaining about people complaining about people complaining can be annoying too.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Quote Originally Posted by The B-Mack View Post
    People complaining about people complaining about people complaining can be annoying too.
    Get in line I guess.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by The B-Mack View Post
    I'd like to file a complaint against all of these people complaining about people complaining about people complaining!
    Wano Predictions
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by BragMan27 View Post
    Hey, you don't like it, then you don't like it. I just find it bizarre that the fate of some side villains can trump the accomplishments of the main character. I understand criticism is important. But you can't blame other users who are disappointed that they can't be involved in some communal joy every once in awhile
    You complaining about criticism in a discussion forum. This is exactly the right place to publicize criticism.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    You complaining about criticism in a discussion forum. This is exactly the right place to publicize criticism.
    I'm not complaining about criticism. It's a general atmosphere. Some posters said they thought about leaving due to this forum ruining their experience. Then some people responded that criticism is important. My post was an observation that, to me, it feels like more posts are about criticisms than praise.

Yes criticism is valid and should be a part of discussion. But balance is nice. Something momentous happend for Luffy this chapter and yet the majority of discussion is about Jack.

You can say you don't care because Luffy has already clashed evenly with Kaido so the sky splitting is boring. Well this is only the 3rd time it's happened in the series. To put it in perspective, this chapter has Jack's fifth lose.

My point is that it's understandable if some people don't want to view negative or critical posts all the time. And they are free to leave this forum if they don't want to read it. But instead of telling people to leave it might be nice to try and have a bit of a balance. Maybe remind people that you also enjoy the series and not only use this space to criticize.

We're on a journey to Laughtale and the story of Joy Boy. It doesn't hurt to try to be happy sometimes.

All I'm going to say is people that think other people engaging in criticism aren't happy or are miserable are just way off.
    In fact personally and I'm def not alone in that, there are people that enjoy series more by critically thinking about them. Why they enjoyed certain things more than others, why things haven't been hitting as well just generally really digesting what you're reading. And voicing that gives some people that right contrast they need to appreciate what they're reading. There is just frankly people that don't get much mental stimulation by just purely praising something. To some people that can feel very empty.
    While I get that maybe people have so many other stresses in life you just want your one hobby space to be super happy and everything but there is nothing really to do but find a place yourself where it can be that. I just don't think it's going to be very productive trying to make people type stuff that you'd rather read.
    Maybe you can do that by making a thread for it that is more about being joyful or what not. But general discussion is general discussion.

Tbh I have seen AP being referred in other forums as "that place where nobody criticizes OP and everybody is an Oda apologist"

There are many forums that are A LOT more critical of OP than AP, actually.

This is not a statement on whether AP is too critical or not, though. It's a wide range and I think each of us has a different opinion on what the healthy level of criticism is.

AP is a forum with some of the most sensible people discussing the content.

It's good to have opinions, especially differing ones. Just because someone doesn't agree with you, it doesn't mean they reject your opinion. The key thing is to be respectful of others.

Even if I recognise the flaws of the Wano Arc, I still love it. It is one of my favourite One Piece arcs. The way Oda has weaved in Japanese Folklore and Mythology into the Wano Arc leaves me breathless. I love researching into the stories/folklore certain Wano designs/events/stories are based on. From the obvious Momotaro folklore, to the Tsuru no Ongaeshi story (Tsuru), to the story of Benkei (Onimaru/Gyukimaru), to the Yamata no Orochi story, to the countless Yokai Mythology references that have stories of their own. The Wano Arc is filled with so much love, creativity, intrigue and excitement. Sure certain things haven't panned out as the readers wished but that is the nature of a weekly manga. You take the bad with the good. If Oda had more time, I'm sure the pacing and structure would be tighter.

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

I wonder if people would react more to the Color of Supreme King Sky Split if it were a fully developed doublespread

(I miss those)

Guess everybody moved on to trashing the next chapter

No, no, not everybody. Those of us that don't visit the spoilers thread are still available until Sunday to criticize complaints about complainy critics or just trash the current chapter.

Yeah, I don't view the spoiler thread so this thread is where I present my chapter thoughts until the new chapter thread is out.

With the upcoming Raizou VS Fukurokuju conclusion, I hope Oda at least shows some of the battle and makes it mildly interesting. Because as things stand, when I think ninja and manga/anime, One Piece will be at the bottom of that list. Even the Samurai were handled poorly - thank goodness for Zoro and Oden at least. But Wano needed more cooler Samurai. Ninja and Samurai are illustrated much more memorably in other manga/anime. Hell, at this point, I would take Curry Ninja over what we have in One Piece. Goninja!

Spoiler:

The handling of the Ninja, Mink, SMILE users and to a lesser extent the Samurai did suffer from the Wano arc being too bloated with characters.

Now you've gone and made me dig Double Curry Ninja . To be honest I never expected much from Wano's ninjas beyond comical relief and, on this front at least, they did deliver. From Shinobu's Kickin-the-nuts arts to Raizo's introduction to Fukuro's ears, I've had quite a laugh with them. You nevertheless have a point, in that besides comedy and maybe Raizo's scroll, nothing ninja-related left a mark as far as I am concerned.

But yes, Raizo vs Fukurokuju is the likeliest candidate for next concluded fight. I don't know if and how Orochi will be involved, though. Part of me wants to get rid of him, but at the same time he has played the most active part in Wano's destruction while remaining a slippery bastard all along, which deserves a grand exit. So I wouldn't mind if he keeps eluding and does something really aweful and threatening at the very end, when every major player - Kaido, Big Mom and Luffy included - is down for the count.

Quote Originally Posted by puffing.cinema View Post
    I wonder if people would react more to the Color of Supreme King Sky Split if it were a fully developed doublespread

(I miss those)
    I thought it was a nice visual, it's just a case of diminished returns for me, i've already had the emotional response i'm being expected to feel here.

The lack of the Hebi Hebi no Mi, Model: Yamata no Orochi being utilised by Oda is so suspicious to me. Orochi is currently using it more passively than actively.

Its a Mythical Zoan! Surely we will see some more of its capabilities before Orochi is dealt with. Unless, Oda plans to save this Devil Fruit for a later arc, in which case, Orochi's demise may be after Kaido is dealt with and he witnesses the revival of the Kozuki clan. Another party may be introduced at the end of the arc as they steal the Yamata no Orochi away from Orochi - Blackbeard Pirates or one of their affiliates. I still hope the Yamata no Orochi folklore will play out in the Wano Arc where we get a Giant Serpent beast as a enemy.

Hiyori's story arc is definitely tied to Orochi's.

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post
    One way or the other this is the One Piece we will be getting for however much is left of those five years, gotta live with it.
    This guy gets it. The old One Piece is gone and never coming back. If you can learn to enjoy it for what it is now--and not hold it against its former self so hard--it really helps the enjoyment of what's here.

Personally, I prefer Oda finish his story than die on it. Seeing our boy Luffy being able to force a splitting of the heavens was awesome. To me.
    Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    He won't disobey if he dies, only if he dies when he dies!
    ***Because the madness that is AP Forums chapter discussions must not perish from the earth***

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information