+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Chapter 1,025: Twin Dragons

Default Re: Chapter 1,025: Twin Dragons

This past week was sooooo slow, it feels like a month since 1,025 was released... (Now, two more days before spoilers arrive...)

Anyway, 1,026 is either Volume 101's last chapter (less likely) or 102's first (more likely). Will we continue on the hooftop, or change scene?

BTW, we have around 8 chapters left for this year (I'm counting 3 for October, 3 for November and 2 for December, thought the count may be off a bit since we have quite a few weeks more than that), so most of a volume. Let's see what awaits us in Volume 102.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    This past week was sooooo slow, it feels like a month since 1,025 was released... (Now, two more days before spoilers arrive...)

Anyway, 1,026 is either Volume 101's last chapter (less likely) or 102's first (more likely). Will we continue on the hooftop, or change scene?

BTW, we have around 8 chapters left for this year (I'm counting 3 for October, 3 for November and 2 for December, thought the count may be off a bit since we have quite a few weeks more than that), so most of a volume. Let's see what awaits us in Volume 102.
    I agree, logged on just to bitch about that. I need my fix! I have a feeling next chapter is gonna be great though. Oda is hitting a perfect pace right now with great action mixed up with important flashbacks

Quote Originally Posted by DollarScholar View Post
    The problem with Kidd is that we know absolutley nothing about him in general and despite him playing an important role in this arc we arguably know less about him now than we did before Wano.
    You could say this about literally anyone in the series. Especially Robin in Skypiea (terrible arc by the way).

Quote Originally Posted by Tensub View Post
    You could say this about literally anyone in the series. Especially Robin in Skypiea (terrible arc by the way).
    Compare with the character introduction Bege recieved in WTI. We literally have not had a single line or panel devoted to Kidds backstory, motives and general character and now he is fighting Big Mom next to Law. This isnt how Oda usually does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post

I agree, logged on just to bitch about that. I need my fix! I have a feeling next chapter is gonna be great though. Oda is hitting a perfect pace right now with great action mixed up with important flashbacks
    I thought I was the only one who feel that way. Weird how after 4 consecutive chapters with no breaks, a week break following it feels like forever even though earlier this year we got a break or two after 2 chapters a couple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Tensub View Post
    Mind expanding on this blasphemy?

is there no chapter this week? or are spoilers just late?
    One Piece ,\/,,

The problem with Kidd is that we know absolutley nothing about him in general and despite him playing an important role in this arc we arguably know less about him now than we did before Wano.
    Imho Kid is going to have a major role in future arcs, switching with the one Law had until now. The magnetic guy and his comrade basically had issues with every Yonko but Teach and I can see them playing some role in his or Shanks' arc. This just isn't his Dressrosa arc, but his Punk Hazard.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy D. Clown View Post
    Spoilers on Tuesdays are usually early compared to how they use to be.

It'll be here before Wed.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy D. Clown View Post
    Spoilers are out.

Spoilers have been coming later for some time. A few months back, the earliest ones would come monday. Then it changed to tuesday morning. Now, it's late tuesday. Considering spoilers are a thing people risk their jobs to provide us, we should never expect some schedule for them. They will come out when they are available, and they won't be always available..
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

I want to like this chapter, but 1 of my issues with the arc as a whole is evident here. I felt like there was a cool flow with Yamato going on, then the rushing of Momo importance is handled poorly.

The comedic aspect is dope. I can't wait to see the anime handle the reactions in the dome and Momo rising in the background of a super focused Yamato, but man it's ruined for me a lil.

Feels like he made this arc so Kinemon heavy that he's rushing to bring Momo to that same respect. I've said it before, Jinbe and Shirahoshi showed great balancing of main character locals for FI arc. This arc has been the Kinemon show. If it was 50/50 for Jinbe and Shirahoshi, it's 80/20 focus for Kin/Momo in this arc. Feels like Oda used Yamato to rush the Momo importance. Then, Shinobu's ability changes his appearance (which I have no real issue with), but he can fly to Onigashima now????

Most importantly, I don't feel for Momo as I do for Kin. Luffy empowering Momo felt genuine in earlier arcs, but not here. There's no tension around it. "Momo fly up". "Okay, I will." Then he flies up. Luffy is doing his part with tough love, but Momo's lines and overall reaction has no struggle or flavor. Oda knows how to do this, he just doesn't feel it's right for this moment. Well, I don't like that decision. He's most likely keeping tension for another moment where Momo struggles, but I feel this deserved it as well.

Yelling his name on that cross is the only cool thing I can remember from him since Onigashima started. Everything else felt rushed where he's riding on the coattails of another character.

I really like this arc. Oda went into detail with oppression more than i've seen in most arcs. Where it's layered from the allocation of resources, brainwashing in school, prison system destroying the spirit etc. Just wish more of the characters would pop off the panel. Momo lost his dad. I should feel for him, just as much as I do for Kin.

The worst of this arc

5 Zoro getting lost while last seen on Komachiyo. I'm a fan of Zoro getting lost, but this was lazy and unbelievable
    4 I don't like any of the Flying Six
    3 Momo is lackluster
    2 Felt like more could have been done for Zoro's tour of Wano
    1 Supernova vs Yonko was disgusting and tacky. Oda is better than this

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information