+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1,025: Twin Dragons

Default Re: Chapter 1,025: Twin Dragons

Decent chapter again. Nothing really stood out to me besides the final few pages. I feel like this chapter was restricted by the pacing, Oda wanted to end it on the "arrival" spread, but there could've been more meat to this chapter if that spread was allowed to be earlier in the chapter.

There's no reason to be secretive about Snakeman at this point, I would've liked a better view. :p

This should be the end of the chapters I just find decent (1024 and 1025), every piece is where it needs to be to go full thrust now.
    I'll like this chapter more when I can just immediately get to the action of the next one.
    Croc or Enel would never.
    Wanna see the "ancient civilization destroyed" thing done really well? FFXIV did a great take on it. The bar's high for One Piece to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfiere View Post
    I know it sounds awful, but from a strictly narrative standpoint i feel Yams should have been a lot more gruesomely beaten up by the end of this chapter.
    I mean, there was this dramatic build up in physical and pschological violence fpr a couple of pages, up to the glowing eyed shadow panel... and then Yams up on his feet, just slightly bleeding.
    Luffy and Momo's arrival would have been even more impactful if we felt that Yams was saved in the nick of time there, among other things.

This is reminescent of the first phase of the raid, when the scabbards seemed to fare quite nicely against Kaido and, at least to me, further cements the feeling that the only real problem with defeating Kaido is that he has a lot of HPs, and not much else.
    He doesn't only have high HP but is also immune/resistant to most damage types. You need to have the right type (flowing Haki, advanced CoC or some DF trickery like Law's Injection Shot which still needs to pass Kaido's Haki barrier) and on top of that he's a damage sponge. Not only that, he lets you get a few hits im to determine your worth but if he deems you unworthy (which pretty much everyone besides the Worst Generation's monsters are) it's clobbering o'clock.
    Regarding Yamato, maybe it's an Ogre trait that they're incredibly resilient by nature. But yeah, it would've been nice if that vicious panel of Kaido meant a more dire situation for Yamato.

I know it sounds awful, but from a strictly narrative standpoint i feel Yams should have been a lot more gruesomely beaten up by the end of this chapter.
    I mean, there was this dramatic build up in physical and pschological violence fpr a couple of pages, up to the glowing eyed shadow panel... and then Yams up on his feet, just slightly bleeding.
    Luffy and Momo's arrival would have been even more impactful if we felt that Yams was saved in the nick of time there, among other things.

This is reminescent of the first phase of the raid, when the scabbards seemed to fare quite nicely against Kaido and, at least to me, further cements the feeling that the only real problem with defeating Kaido is that he has a lot of HPs, and not much else.
    Yamato is sticking around to help in the fight so now isn’t the time to say that he was about to die if it wasn’t for Luffy.

holy, never seen Kaidou look this mad/scary. I felt his anger in that panel. Loved it. Hopefully a nice couple of chapters flashback is next for Kaidou
    One Piece ,\/,,

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

This is only if you think Oda was going for a scenario where Yamato was holding off Kaido and for it to fail to the point he would need to be saved.

When what happened is more like a pitcher getting relief after a few innings.

Yamato probably could've lasted longer. Now later on in this group effort he may get knocked out.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Luffy and Yamato will get a few good hits in but I guarantee that Kaido will go beast mode on there asses soon

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

So I have been thinking, everytime kaido transform in to a dragon his dragon form have on no pants, so where does it appear from when he turns back into a human ��

Quote Originally Posted by Riquelme View Post

So I have been thinking, everytime kaido transform in to a dragon his dragon form have on no pants, so where does it appear from when he turns back into a human ��
    He grows so large in Dragon form yhat his pants are probably hanging off the end of his tail.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

I just been thinking that when Momo inevitably goes to maneuver Onigashima, someone has to help him out to tell him about how to use his dragon clouds, and be the eyes that he'll need since he's still affraid of heights.

And well, it would appear that Yamato would be best option to do that, but I hope its Hiyori instead.

It would feel repetitive if Luffy sends Yamato with Momo again, and Hiyori should be doing something at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Riquelme View Post
    This, good Sir, is SBS question material if I ever saw any
    Now I wish I could write fluent japanese and send a request to hear Oda's answer

Probably his dog ate them.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

"Eat my shorts, Yamato!"
    "But Dad... You're not wearing any..."

Same goes for every fruit, really. How does Crocodile transforms his clothes into sand and back again?

Quote Originally Posted by Chams View Post
    Same goes for every fruit, really. How does Crocodile transforms his clothes into sand and back again?
    He doesn't wear clothes, he just masks sand into clothes, like how Doflamingo can turn strings into a perfect human copy.

*Alternative answer: Um... shut up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

This has come up before in SBS. I believe the response was basically "because it's not that kind of manga!"

There's no in-universe answer beyond "gotta keep it PG"
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

It is interesting how Kaido challenges Yamato's rebellion with the reality of the blood that flows within Yamato and the shallowness of humanity who will see Yamato as only an extension of Kaido’s nightmare. The suffering caused by Kaido over the past two decades will remain a too large wound within the spirits of the Samurai for them to begin considering the offspring of Kaido separate from their anger, wrath and retribution. Kaido does not believe there is place within the hearts of the Wano people for acceptance of Yamato. Such a fatal perspective speaks to the mental shackles binding Kaido’s own mind. Experiences he has endured echoes through the message he seeks to brand onto Yamato’s spirit. What happened in Kaido’s past that has led him to disengage himself from trusting others? Through Kaido’s eyes, it appears all that remains in front of him is a world to break down.

Did something happen to Kaido while a member of the Rocks Pirates? When Kaido tells Yamato that ‘life isn’t a series of simple questions with simple answers’, what exactly did he mean? How rooted were his experiences in those words? Who was Kaido in the past and what were the circumstances that potentially changed him? Considering the past Kaido endured with him being captured, imprisoned and tortured, I suspect such experiences led to developing the callous perspective he now views the world through. The heart that filters the feelings he holds toward the world slowly deteriorated through each defeat, betrayal, capture, experimentation and torture. Kaido isn’t evil by nature of his existence. But the past he lived, the experiences he endured, the pain he suffered, all those factors led Kaido to where he is now presently. I believe, upon Kaido’s defeat, the reasoning for his actions may become known to Yamato.

I also find it symbolic how the opponents currently standing against Kaido are those who unintentional consumed Devil Fruits. The power they attained isn’t something they sought but one derived through a twist of fate. A moment that now stands to shift the flow of the era down a different avenue as the actors within this stage fight for what they believe in. The shackles that once bound Yamato physically and mentally under Kaido’s shadow now shatters in the face of bonds connecting Yamato to a domain outside the blood flowing through him. Though a connection exist, Yamato is not Kaido and the path he traverses does not need to be the one governed by the conclusions of Kaido. Yamato is free. And he is not alone.

Love the Luffy/Yamato attack spread.

Spoiler:

Discovered Stowaway hideoushorrendous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by astagadragon View Post
    Oni race huh... even since Kaido is revealed to have a kanabo mace, he fits the stereotypical tropes of an oni. Horns, mean drunk, kanabo mace, hell he even resides in Onigashima!

Maybe Onigashima is the homeland of Oni race? And that's why Kaido is set to have that place become the new capital of Wano?
    " So that lonely island over there in now called Onigashima~!"

- Izo. ( not Marco as many thought )

Quote Originally Posted by Syphin View Post
    It is interesting how Kaido challenges Yamato's rebellion with the reality of the blood that flows within Yamato and the shallowness of humanity who will see Yamato as only an extension of Kaido’s nightmare. The suffering caused by Kaido over the past two decades will remain a too large wound within the spirits of the Samurai for them to begin considering the offspring of Kaido separate from their anger, wrath and retribution. Kaido does not believe there is place within the hearts of the Wano people for acceptance of Yamato. Such a fatal perspective speaks to the mental shackles binding Kaido’s own mind. Experiences he has endured echoes through the message he seeks to brand onto Yamato’s spirit. What happened in Kaido’s past that has led him to disengage himself from trusting others? Through Kaido’s eyes, it appears all that remains in front of him is a world to break down.

The minds of the samurais against Kaido?.

I don’t see this great anti Kaido mentality in Wano. Kaido and orichi did an American annihilation of the Indians type of thing. A situation where most of the people are killed and replaced and the ones who are left are so mentally broken and changed that they would accept anything that can give them release and a better live.

Look at samurai statue firey hair mafia prison little guy, whatever his name is, and the rest of the samurais that were in Udon, they had given up, they were just waiting to die. I never felt any hate towards Kaido coming from them. They just seemed broken and resigned and just hoping for a little release from time to time, be that food or not getting tortured.
    There’s no massive hate in Wano towards Kaido.
    Last edited by tenchu; September 18th, 2021 at 10:56 AM.

That could always potentially change in the aftermath of Kaido's eventual downfall. Just look what at befell the Kurozumi clan afterall, and what Kaido's done far outstrips anything Orochi's grandfather did.

Not saying that'll happen, of course, but the potential is there, short of the good guys persuading reason to eventually prevail. We also saw Brooke very briefly run into this problem when he helped those people a while back pre-timeskip; upon being freed from their oppressors, they were immediately ready to go dish out revenge in equal measure before Brooke quickly nipped things in the bud.

The cycle of revenge and hatred is not a theme or plot thread that's going to go away anytime soon. Quite the opposite imo.

Quote Originally Posted by tenchu View Post
    The minds of the samurais against Kaido?.

I don’t see this great anti Kaido mentality in Wano. Kaido and orichi did an American annihilation of the Indians type of thing. A situation where most of the people are killed and replaced and the ones who are left are so mentally broken and changed that they would accept anything that can give them release and a better live.

Look at samurai statue firey hair mafia prison little guy, whatever his name is, and the rest of the samurais that were in Udon, they had given up, they were just waiting to die. I never felt any hate towards Kaido coming from them. They just seemed broken and resigned and just hoping for a little release from time to time, be that food or not getting tortured.
    There’s no massive hate in Wano towards Kaido.
    I agree with you in that the spirits of the majority of the Wano people were broken but I still believe the rejection for Kaido remains within their hearts. Rather than accepting Kaido out of choice, they became subservient to their fear.

The reason for the Samurai resistance and the continued support they are receiving is because they do not accept Kaido. From Kaido's point of view, such a light within the spirits of the people won't allow them to accept a child of his.

The citizens of Wano are too busy starving to death to be actively anti-Kaido/Orochi.

The premise and concept is suppose to mirror the typical corrupt shogun that leads their country astray/in to ruin. In those settings the ppl don't have a collective power to fight back and rarely will any of the adults step out of line.
    Last.fm

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information