+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Eiichiro Oda: "The story is in the final phase"

Default Eiichiro Oda: "The story is in the final phase"

In the last promotional poster for One Piece Volume 100 launch, we can see Eiichiro Oda drawing One Piece chapter 1,010 name (chapter sketchs).

There's a sentence said by Oda about the story of One Piece too...

Eiichiro Oda: "The story is in its final phase" (『物語は終盤です。』)

When do you think One Piece will end?
    Last edited by redon; September 2nd, 2021 at 09:03 AM.

Default Re: Eiichiro Oda: "The story is in the final phase"

Here we go again.

I believe him. The story has been setting up for the endgame. It's how long it'll take. That's the question.

One Piece ends May 6th 2029

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    One Piece ends May 6th 2029
    I raise you July 19th 2027.

End around chapter 1400 - 1500

1400 - Ends around 2032
    1500 - Ends around 2035
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

Sounds like things will explode once we leave Wano.

Maybe Elbaf will feature way more big names than i would've guessed

Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar

Pretty sure Elbaf will bring resolution to both Big Mom and Shanks one way or another and then it is time for the few endgame arcs.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

Whatever happens, PLEASE let Elbaf be good and get all the attention it deserves.

I've loved every single little reference to viking and Scandinavian culture, and I love the giants. I can't wait to see what Oda will do with it.
    Wano Predictions
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Zar View Post
    Whatever happens, PLEASE let Elbaf be good and get all the attention it deserves.

I've loved every single little reference to viking and Scandinavian culture, and I love the giants. I can't wait to see what Oda will do with it.
    A bunch of giants awkwardly trying to avoid small talk at the bus stop

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    A bunch of giants awkwardly trying to avoid small talk at the bus stop
    That image is hilarious XD
    Wano Predictions
    Spoiler:

Hopefully... That way he can get a break and do life stuff too. :P

I'm still betting on 30th anniversary, 2027.

Even if the story is somehow ready to finish before that, everyhone involved will want to stretch it out to that landmark. If that involves Oda slowing down and only doing two chapters a month or just stretching otu final battles/epilogue, I can't see it ending much sooner than that.

Wano remainder-6 months (~February 2022)
    Elbaf-1 year (2022)
    Odds and ends- 1 year (2023)
    Laugh Tale- 1 year (2024)
    Final War- 3 years (2027)

Thats assuming current pace of about 40 chapters a year.

Odds and ends includes things like final poneglyph, Shanks, Revolutionaries, and Vegapunk, that can fit in anywhere. Final War includes 1 on 1 fights for everyone as an indulgence the *final* arc can afford, so that'd be about a year by itself if there's not a lot of musical chairs.

Elbaf and Laugh Tale can both easily be shorter arcs, regardless of all their buildup, and could conceivably be done in 15-20 chapters each like the old days, especially if he skimps on the fight stuff. Its hard to imagine Elbaf being that short after all this time, but Fishman Island was overhyped and was relatively short too So if Oda DOES make those short, then you can take off a whole year.

No idea what Laugh Tale will hold... but it might just be the trip to get there, then the trasure room and Joy Boy's flashback. It may not need lots of action and enemies if its treated more like just a lore dump setup arc, like Jaya or Zou were.

Once Odas in the thick of the final war, who knows, he may not be able to help himmself and that might take 8 years by itself. But he seems really ready to be done. So while his 5 years remaining (now 3) doesn't make any sense, I wouldn't count on it being a decade+ either.

But if we get to Elbaf and that takes two years like the arcs we have been getting then its all out the window. Unless that's also used to wrap Big Mom, Shanks, Vegapunk, etc.

It's also possible Oda is going to do something crazy and the big war will start *now* before they even get to LT and uncover the ancient secrets that are supposed to start the war, in which case a lot of the groundwork and action can be done between arcs and off camera, and that'll save some time.
    Last edited by Robby; September 2nd, 2021 at 12:45 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Seems about right. We already saw a bit of Roger's journey and after Kaidou there won't be that many possible enemies around.

In a sense, you could probably say the final war has already started with the current raid and Luffy's rise to emperor status being one of the first major events. Warlords are already being hunted, Blackbeard is after something, Alabasta's status, etc. The tension is already there, it's just more and more escalation from here on out.
    Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

Quote Originally Posted by Chams View Post
    Seems about right. We already saw a bit of Roger's journey and after Kaidou there won't be that many possible enemies around.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    In a sense, you could probably say the final war has already started with the current raid and Luffy's rise to emperor status being one of the first major events. Warlords are already being hunted, Blackbeard is after something, Alabasta's status, etc. The tension is already there, it's just more and more escalation from here on out.
    Yep. Which is why I feel comfortable saying that there won’t be anyone else joining after Jimbei. We’re so close to the endgame.

But people told me it would take another 10 years? Like I said, he's been sticking to his timeline for the past 5 years. Come 2025 or thereabouts, OP will be finished. Elbaf, Laugh Tale, and The Final War. Any other island will be covered in flashbacks.

The current phase started nearly 400 chapters ago with Punk Hazard. I think the final part of the story will be roughly the same length. We have had one continuous story since the Straw Hats met Law which concludes with Kaido's defeat in a sense. It's impossible to predict exact ac length and breakdown, but overal will probably take about the same amount of time as the current story saga, particularly since characters will need actual resolution.

Vegapunk's Island, Lodestar, Elbaf, God Valley, and Laugh Tale I think will be part of it and maybe a surprise island.

A lot of them can bee relatively short like Lodestar. I do think Elbaf will be a lngthy arc, but it desn't need to push 150 chapters like Wano (though I will be very happy if it does).

We probably have another year of Wano. I also tend to believe five years to reaching One Piece makes a lot mre sense even if the global conflict is already underway serving as a backdrop for the last leg of the voyage in the Grand Line.

Big Mom's story probably continues beyond Wano, but I don't think it will be in the capacity of primary antagonist. The Straw Hats still need to confront Teach and Shanks before discovering One Piece and then decide what to do with the information and treasure contained on Laugh Tale before challenging the World Government.

There's a lot of ground to cover and if the pacing remains consistent with Wano, even with a revelation every chapter, I think we're looking at a saga about the same length as the current one (PH through Wano).
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

We'll either get a rushed ending in 2026 or the series will still be running in the 2030s.

Volume 100 message from Oda

VOLUME 100
    100 books everyone, on one piece bookshelf there'll be 100 books standing!!
    Apologies, people who have the whole set are running out of space aren't they! Even though there's other books to put on there too!! I know!! But this is how I personally view this,
    "this is the entirety of my life", and when I put it that way... That's all?! A whole grown up man drawing everyday with all he's got for 24 years! What? That's all?!
    But, better to let the readers be the judge of the size of my work. How is it for you? Long? Short?
    This is a world created from both my wild imagination and yours! The story is in its final stage, and until the day it ends, I'll keep on guiding you guys through this world.
    100 books that act as the gateway to a world inhabited by certain pirates, please put them in your room. The adventure is going to get even more exciting! Please also look forward to the numerous campaigns celebrating volume 100, the volume 100 party!!

By Etenboby

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information