+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 131

Thread: Eiichiro Oda: "The story is in the final phase"

  1. #81

    Default Re: Eiichiro Oda: "The story is in the final phase"

    Yes. Crocus told them to go there and Nami and Inuarushi discussed this discrepancy directly. Inu said Croocus would not lie to them. The purpose isn't clear yet, but the Straw Hats need to go to Lodestar for some reason. And Oda would not skip the final island on the Logpose path, which is in many ways as big of a mystery as Laugh Tale. Roger somehow learned about the importance of the Poneglyphs at that location and began his journey anew. We know why Laugh Tale can't be easily reached, but Lodestar should in theory be much easier as it is simply a matter of following the Log path to its end, yet Roger was also the first to reach Lodestar in centuries. Whitebeard and the rest of the world shared Roger's assumption that Lodestar is the final island of the Grand Line. What makes reaching Lodestar so difficult? How did Roger manage the seemingly impossible? How did Roger learn about the Poneglyphs on Lodestar? And what is that Crocus wants the Straw Hats to encounter on the apparent final island of the Grand Line?

    All of these questions need to be answered. Nami and Inuarushi's conversation acts as a sort of promise that they will be answered.
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

    "ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

  2. #82
    Discovered Stowaway The B-Mack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA

    Default Re: Eiichiro Oda: "The story is in the final phase"

    Wondering if Lodestar is the location of one of the Road Poneglyphs, hence what tipped Roger off and why the Straw Hats need to go there if they hope to reach Laugh Tale?

  3. #83

    Default Re: Eiichiro Oda: "The story is in the final phase"

    Quote Originally Posted by The B-Mack View Post
    Wondering if Lodestar is the location of one of the Road Poneglyphs, hence what tipped Roger off and why the Straw Hats need to go there if they hope to reach Laugh Tale?
    No, we know where all the Road Poneglyphs were during Roger's era.
    - Whole Cake Island
    - Fishman Island
    - Wano
    - Zou

    That's the order Roger got them I believe.

    Roger also couldn't read the Poneglyphs when they reached Lodestar as Oden hadn't joined him yet. So I would assume there is someone on the island who knows, perhaps the mystery eyepatch character that Oda has been teasing.

    The Fishman Island one is gone in the present day though, possibly stolen by giants (which might put it on Elbaf) or somehow pulled away via a super powerful curent meaning its on the bottom of the sea somewhere (meaning Law might find it using his submarine).

  4. #84
    Omne ignotum pro magnifico Zik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

    Default Re: Eiichiro Oda: "The story is in the final phase"

    Lodestar could be a Wano or Enies Lobby situation where it is really hard to get to physically.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

  5. #85

    Default Re: Eiichiro Oda: "The story is in the final phase"

    Quote Originally Posted by black-leg jex View Post
    No, we know where all the Road Poneglyphs were during Roger's era.
    - Whole Cake Island
    - Fishman Island
    - Wano
    - Zou

    That's the order Roger got them I believe.

    Roger also couldn't read the Poneglyphs when they reached Lodestar as Oden hadn't joined him yet. So I would assume there is someone on the island who knows, perhaps the mystery eyepatch character that Oda has been teasing.

    The Fishman Island one is gone in the present day though, possibly stolen by giants (which might put it on Elbaf) or somehow pulled away via a super powerful curent meaning its on the bottom of the sea somewhere (meaning Law might find it using his submarine).
    But luffy was bound to come back to FI.
    Madam shirley's prediction that luffy gonna wrecked that place in havoc. Though, we're not clear by that prediction, could be something else.

  6. #86

    Default Re: Eiichiro Oda: "The story is in the final phase"

    Seeing as Fishman Island once fell under Whitebeard's protection, there's good odds he may've hidden it away. If so, could spell bad news for the good guys if he's got it stashed somewhere on Sphynx. That place is gonna get raided, if it hasn't already. Not that I'd imagine Marco would've left it unguarded -- I think he may've called in a favor from Jozu -- but I don't think even Jozu will prove up to the task of holding back Weevil and Bakkin.

    Oda did mention Weevil would do something pretty cool some point soon; methinks it's gonna involve cracking Jozu's diamond shell, perhaps even cutting it using Whitebeard's weapon. Just to cement Weevil's threat level and the very real danger this supposed son of Whitebeard truly does pose.

    Straight up, I think Bakkin is working behind the scenes with an old former Rocks colleague of hers, so it'd make much sense if she and other partners in crime were to begin gathering the Road poneglyphs together and so bring these to the fore of the current ongoings.

  7. #87

    Default Re: Eiichiro Oda: "The story is in the final phase"

    Quote Originally Posted by Vongola_Boss_XI View Post
    Yes. Crocus told them to go there and Nami and Inuarushi discussed this discrepancy directly. Inu said Croocus would not lie to them. The purpose isn't clear yet, but the Straw Hats need to go to Lodestar for some reason. And Oda would not skip the final island on the Logpose path, which is in many ways as big of a mystery as Laugh Tale. Roger somehow learned about the importance of the Poneglyphs at that location and began his journey anew. We know why Laugh Tale can't be easily reached, but Lodestar should in theory be much easier as it is simply a matter of following the Log path to its end, yet Roger was also the first to reach Lodestar in centuries. Whitebeard and the rest of the world shared Roger's assumption that Lodestar is the final island of the Grand Line. What makes reaching Lodestar so difficult? How did Roger manage the seemingly impossible? How did Roger learn about the Poneglyphs on Lodestar? And what is that Crocus wants the Straw Hats to encounter on the apparent final island of the Grand Line?

    All of these questions need to be answered. Nami and Inuarushi's conversation acts as a sort of promise that they will be answered.
    It is clear, Inuarashi says thats where you discover about Laughtale and the poneglyphs, then you start a new adventure searching for Laughtale. They don't even imply the strawhats must go there, quite the opposite actually.

  8. #88

    Default Re: Eiichiro Oda: "The story is in the final phase"

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakai View Post
    It is clear, Inuarashi says thats where you discover about Laughtale and the poneglyphs, then you start a new adventure searching for Laughtale. They don't even imply the strawhats must go there, quite the opposite actually.
    That's not the full extent of the conversation. Also Inuarushi is only relaying secondhand information. Crocus knows more than Inuarushi and told the Straw Hats to go there. When Nami asked Inuarushi about this, he said Crocus wouldn't have lied to them and says 'continue on your way'. Which means 'go there.'
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

    "ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

  9. #89

    Default Re: Eiichiro Oda: "The story is in the final phase"

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon D. Luffy View Post
    There is an efficiency problem that comes from just putting more people in a project that can't be easily fixed. The more people you add, the more difficult control and communication becomes, to the point there you have to actually stat putting managers and a chain of command in the middle of it, and the boss becomes more of an overseer than an actual manual labor worker. And to a mangaka, that's likely a no-no, as Oda would just manage his assistants and not create much of the story. I believe Oda is already outsourcing to assistants everything he can without actually losing creative control of the manga beyond the desirable level.

    I'm seeing something similar with Toby Fox, the creator of Undertale who is currently working as its sequel. I think he hired 3 or 4 people to help, and he says he can't hire more because at this point his own work speed is already dictating the speed of the whole team, since he is the lead creative guy.



    I have shared this belief for a while but at this point the Wano plot is so advanced that I think it's more likely that Oda will allow the arc to end witha subpar dramatic flow than that he will actually stop and do the asspulls necessary to make the Beast Pirates win against the Alliance.

    That said I don't think we are ending with a straight "Luffy goes to the roof, beats Kaido" sequence. I can see some twists and turns going. I think Oda is setting up the entire strawhat crew to fight against Kaido/BM next, in a Thriller Bark like fashion.
    That would be a good way of concluding the face-off (maybe Luffy bests Kaidō which doesn't take him out but weakens him to the point that he can barely fight back. Luffy's crew show up to reinforce that you can have allies that you trust with your life rather than they stab you on the back). Kaidō stubbornly acknowledges Luffy, then someone else swoops in to take Kaidō down (wouldn't it be a good time for Teach's crew to waltz in at the end as the did with Whitebeard at Marineford?)

  10. #90

    Default Re: Eiichiro Oda: "The story is in the final phase"

    Quote Originally Posted by Vongola_Boss_XI View Post
    That's not the full extent of the conversation. Also Inuarushi is only relaying secondhand information. Crocus knows more than Inuarushi and told the Straw Hats to go there. When Nami asked Inuarushi about this, he said Crocus wouldn't have lied to them and says 'continue on your way'. Which means 'go there.'
    Nami raises the point, because they haven't been following the logpose, Inuarashi answers this by saying, and I quote:

    "Yes, I understand your point. If you are curious to see where the log leads you, you are free to follow it...there is a point where all three needles point you the same location!!HOWEVER, on yourgara travels you have already begun the next adventure."

    Nami then questions what he means by that, and he answers that is in the last island that you come to a realization about the mystery of the ancient writing on the Ponegliffs, and the civilization that gave birth to them and the existence of Laughtale.

    then he talks about Crocus and reassure Nami that this path they are on(not following the log pose) is not the wrong way, just keep going.

    The chapter is 820 you can check yourself.

  11. #91

    Default Re: Eiichiro Oda: "The story is in the final phase"

    If Whitebeard took the Poneglyph from Fishman Island and hid it somewhere it's safe to assume Teach knows about the location. He spent a long time getting to know Whitebeards territory

  12. #92

    Default Re: Eiichiro Oda: "The story is in the final phase"

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakai View Post
    Nami raises the point, because they haven't been following the logpose, Inuarashi answers this by saying, and I quote:

    "Yes, I understand your point. If you are curious to see where the log leads you, you are free to follow it...there is a point where all three needles point you the same location!!HOWEVER, on yourgara travels you have already begun the next adventure."

    Nami then questions what he means by that, and he answers that is in the last island that you come to a realization about the mystery of the ancient writing on the Ponegliffs, and the civilization that gave birth to them and the existence of Laughtale.

    then he talks about Crocus and reassure Nami that this path they are on(not following the log pose) is not the wrong way, just keep going.

    The chapter is 820 you can check yourself.
    I have read it many times.

    If the Straw Hats weren't going to go there, it would have been explained exactly how Roger learned those things on Lodestar. They're going there. That mystery won't be left unanswered.

    And your interpretation of what Inuarushi said to Nami is incorrect. He said Crocus would not have lied. They need to go to Lodestar for something. Inuarushi didn't go to Laugh Tale and learn the True History. Crocus knows more than him. If the advice he gave the Straw Hats pointed them in the direction of Lodestar, it's important they visit that island.

    I think it's absurd to think Oda's not going to show us the island that exists at the end of the Log's path - a place only Roger has been able to reach as far as we're aware.
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

    "ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

  13. #93

    Default Re: Eiichiro Oda: "The story is in the final phase"

    Quote Originally Posted by Vongola_Boss_XI View Post
    If the Straw Hats weren't going to go there, it would have been explained exactly how Roger learned those things on Lodestar. They're going there. That mystery won't be left unanswered.
    You just forgot to justify why it matters to go through the bureaucratic details of how Lodestar explains things that the SHs already know, when they're already doing the tasks that Lodestar reveals to laymen. Yours is just completionist mentality.

    And your interpretation of what Inuarushi said to Nami is incorrect. He said Crocus would not have lied. They need to go to Lodestar for something. Inuarushi didn't go to Laugh Tale and learn the True History. Crocus knows more than him. If the advice he gave the Straw Hats pointed them in the direction of Lodestar, it's important they visit that island.
    Of course, because Crocus was not advertising shortcuts in Reverse Mountain. For any layman-pirate, the only path in order to reach Laugh Tale is to first learn about the Poneglyphs, which only happens in Lodestar if the pirate doesn't have privileged information, which the SHs have thanks to Inuarashi and Nekomamushi (and Robin).

    Btw, I don't think it's impossible they'll visit the island because I think the SHs will reach the Red Line from behind the Reverse Mountain, so Lodestar (as the last island in the Grand Line geographically) could be the pit-stop before they complete the entire circuit around the world.

  14. #94
    Omne ignotum pro magnifico Zik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

    Default Re: Eiichiro Oda: "The story is in the final phase"

    So if I get this right, some think Lodestar island is going to be skipped cuz for the strawhats its an arbitrary stop to learn about poneglyphs since they already know all about that via Nico Robin?

    Yeah, I think that's off. We don't entirely know what else there is to learn or discover on Lodestar. Don't think Oda is skipping it at all.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

  15. #95

    Default Re: Eiichiro Oda: "The story is in the final phase"

    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    So if I get this right, some think Lodestar island is going to be skipped cuz for the strawhats its an arbitrary stop to learn about poneglyphs since they already know all about that via Nico Robin?

    Yeah, I think that's off. We don't entirely know what else there is to learn or discover on Lodestar. Don't think Oda is skipping it at all.
    That was literally spelled out by Oda via Inuarashi, and then made even more obvious by Roger's comprehensive explanation to Newgate and Oden of what he found in Lodestar. To believe otherwise (that there's something fundamental to still be discovered there) starts from the premise that Oda was misleading us with Inu's comment, or that Oda changed his mind. You can still believe they'll visit Lodestar for whatever reason, like adventure or completionism or just convenience (since it's the last island geographically), but I wouldn't be expecting new lore revelations to be done there.
    Spoiler:

  16. #96

    Default Re: Eiichiro Oda: "The story is in the final phase"

    Oda would not have been vague about what's on Lodestar island if the Straw Hats weren't going to go there. He would have spelled out exactly what Lodestar contains and how one learns about the Road Poneglyphs.

    Inuarushi says Crocus is one of the people who knows the truth of the world. He would not have misled the Straw Hats. He directed the Straw Hats to Lodestar for a reason. Perhaps seeing Lodestar is necessary to provide context for the True History on Laugh Tale. It's still unclear.

    Inuarushi hasn't been to Lodestar Island or Laugh Tale. He knows less than Crocus.
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

    "ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

  17. #97

    Default Re: Eiichiro Oda: "The story is in the final phase"

    I think you're overthinking hard what Crocus said. He directed the Strawhats to the end of the Log Pose (Lodestar) because there's no way he knew that they would stumble in the info contained there by other means. That's the reason, as stated by the manga, he's not misleading anyone. Whether I think they will visit the island or no is unrelated to this fact (I wish they go! It's still fascinating to me that it's also incredibly hard to reach).

  18. #98
    Omne ignotum pro magnifico Zik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

    Default Re: Eiichiro Oda: "The story is in the final phase"

    Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    That was literally spelled out by Oda via Inuarashi, and then made even more obvious by Roger's comprehensive explanation to Newgate and Oden of what he found in Lodestar. To believe otherwise (that there's something fundamental to still be discovered there) starts from the premise that Oda was misleading us with Inu's comment, or that Oda changed his mind. You can still believe they'll visit Lodestar for whatever reason, like adventure or completionism or just convenience (since it's the last island geographically), but I wouldn't be expecting new lore revelations to be done there.
    You're talking about Oda addressing the mystery of Laugh tale and the poneglyphs being key to that.

    Lodestar could have unrelated important revelations and discoveries to the story as well as making one realize there is a mysterious final island.

    You guys literally don't know who or what is on the island.

    I don't agree that Oda spelled out at any point through any character that Lodestar island is inconsequential to the story.
    Last edited by Zik; October 5th, 2021 at 11:35 PM.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

  19. #99

    Default Re: Eiichiro Oda: "The story is in the final phase"

    Quote Originally Posted by Vongola_Boss_XI View Post
    Oda would not have been vague about what's on Lodestar island if the Straw Hats weren't going to go there. He would have spelled out exactly what Lodestar contains and how one learns about the Road Poneglyphs.
    You speak as if Roger was talking weirdly and suspiciously to avoid revealing something special, but he went direct to the point and was not being vague at all about what mattered in Lodestar: the revelation that there's one final island not connected by Log Pose, and that the Poneglyphs are maps to that place. It was possible for Roger to have described to Newgate the entire geography of Lodestar and told what's the object which conveys that revelation to fulfill the cat's curiosity, but the content is pretty much clear. The "mystery" exists in the readers' head because of our obsession to know every single detail, thus creating questions out of empty space (especially out of empty space), but the narrative is not presenting it as a riddle, because it's just a device.

    He would not have misled the Straw Hats. He directed the Straw Hats to Lodestar for a reason.
    Yes, Crocus directed the SHs there to learn about the Poneglyphs and "the next adventure", which is to go around the world collecting the stones, especially the red ones.

    Inuarushi hasn't been to Lodestar Island or Laugh Tale. He knows less than Crocus.
    You're essentially saying that Oda wrote Inuarashi's dialogue to mislead the readers. I disagree. Inuarashi was acting very sure of his explanations, which made perfect sense, and he was quite obviously a reliable avatar for the author to transmit his message and answer the fans' worries regarding our previous mode of following the Log Pose.


    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    Lodestar could have unrelated important revelations and discoveries to the story as well as making one realize there is a mysterious final island.
    That's just pure speculation because since we don't know, it could be anything. There's nothing wrong with this kind of speculation, but it's just gambling. You can even be right, since gamblers win too.

    I get it. Lodestar is already a fancy island for what it is, so it plays with our desire to see it and our imagination goes wandering, so it's tempting to think about what new answers it may hold. But the island already has a defined role, and I don't see any clues in the story that it has another one.

  20. #100

    Default Re: Eiichiro Oda: "The story is in the final phase"

    It's always possible that reaching Laugh Tale requires one to go through Lodestar. Frankly, I'm fairly sure Lodestar and Laugh Tale exist within relative proximity to each other, making it at the very least a natural stop on the path.

    That's also assuming, of course, that nothing else happens that may jeopardize the Strawhats' intel, e.g. a Road poneglyph imprint getting smudged last minute, some villain absconding with one post-Wano, etc....But I'm leaning towards the former.

    More than a simple pit stop, I feel Lodestar's the "platform" necessary to cross over.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts