+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WE ARE ONE: One Piece Celebration Movies

Default WE ARE ONE: One Piece Celebration Movies

https://youtu.be/MoKNpagEoEw
    It seems that a new movie will be released daily across five parts. I made this thread to discuss, because these are some very fun vignettes with a lot of easter eggs (the leads are clearly real-world versions of Zoro, Sanji, and Usopp — and check out what they’re drinking). It seems that there are animated clips in each one, which you can view around 6:05 above.

I’d post the second clip, but it contains manga spoilers. Still worth watching!

Default Re: WE ARE ONE: One Piece Celebration Movies

Oh hell yes I am all for Davy Back Fight sakuga.

EDIT: I think I misunderstood. Still, neat.
    Last edited by FelRes; August 30th, 2021 at 09:55 PM.
    Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

Last edited by Starrk; August 31st, 2021 at 08:25 AM.

Haha, Sota Fukushi playing a teacher again. Based Gentaro.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrk View Post
    Man imagine if even just the flashback alone had this kind of animation instead of the qualityfest we got back in ~2015
    Not even Naruto resorted to time travel

Quote Originally Posted by Kurloz View Post
    Man imagine if even just the flashback alone had this kind of animation instead of the qualityfest we got back in ~2015
    I am still impressed how they cared enough to remake the first half of Dressrosa in that Episode of Sabo and still didn't bored to make some sort of Episode of Law covering the rest of the arc.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

I will be the negative nancy here and say the animation in the actual flashback was much better in the actual anime. But the short film itself is super sweet!

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

To me the animation was top notch! I just wish we got this kind of content more often in the past, and sure as well expect to get more of it in the future. Series with smaller longevity had better animation than OP for a while, so I'm glade Toei is finally putting some money on this old juggernaut.

Watching shorts like these reminds me of the team's passion and how hard they work to pull it off. After Pokemon's 25th short with LOTS of easter eggs and really dynamic animation I've been dreaming of watching something on that level but OP related. It seems like now it's, finally, the time.

That was Mayumi Tanaka playing the teacher? haha

EDIT - Waitasec, Kotono Mitsuishi voiced Perona in the second episode here??!
    Last edited by G1Ravage; August 31st, 2021 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Krupp View Post
    I will be the negative nancy here and say the animation in the actual flashback was much better in the actual anime. But the short film itself is super sweet!
    You're pobably mixing animation with character art because there's no way you saw this short and thought that the anime had better animation.

This Law remake is brilliant on every level. Just the first cut alone, the ambient lighting, the white/black contrast, the highly expressionistic drawings of Giolla and Machvise... its such a strong opening and seems to reflect Law's nihilistic viewpoint, unstable emotional state and disconnection with his surroundings/reality.
    Despite the minimalistic lineart and shading, the shapes of the drawings are clearly defined and purposeful, giving the characters a palpable sense of three-dimesionality and weight. The animation and shot composition are framed, timed and paced to perfection.
    Last edited by RevolutionaryOfThe6Paths; September 1st, 2021 at 02:14 AM.

Ok I meant art. Sue me. This short was proof that more fluidity isnt always a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Krupp View Post
    Ok I meant art. Sue me. This short was proof that more fluidity isnt always a good thing.
    You're out of your mind what lol, what the hell are you talking about
    One Piece sakuga nut and resident Katsumi Ishizuka fanboy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Z...2JQKXRBkCGSHzw

OK that was a bit uncalled for Skippy. I just liked the TV anime version better, there is no need to say I am out of my mind. I admit I was rude, but I thought I put my thoughts honestly, and I am sorry if I was rude. BTW I love big Sakuga scenes and fluid animation. But the TV anime version of the Corazon flashback was awesome to me and the start of the anime actually elevating the material of the manga. I should have been more polite, sorry.

The extreme distortion w. Giolla and that guy whose full name I literally forgot isn't for everyone but I can't imagine looking at stuff like Corazon's walk and final moments and not recognizing the high level of skill and artistry needed for such subtle movements and detail.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

I guess its just me being too in love with the version I saw first. I do admit the animation is really nice. Sorry for being rude everyone.

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

I would love if someone put together a compilation of the new animation in chronological order. Maybe I'll do it myself. Then it would be cool to run it side by side with the original version (and maybe some the movie versions too, for Alabasta and East Blue, assuming any of it syncs up nicely)

Yes it would be nice if someone could compile the new animations. They are so fluid and beautiful, and I honestly do love the artstyle, even though it's different from Oda's. Only the long necks are bothering me sometimes, but that's not too big an issue.

just watched all five scenes on the official yt channel

great promotional mini movies - very emotional :>

each story was very unique and i was surprised in a postive way by the thematic of the second one, did not expect that. cool to see tbh

I enjoyed the 2nd one the most but all 5 was really good. I just wish the 5th one was also another story but I can understand the tying up.
    I was really expecting an ASL tie in though.
    This celebration series really makes me happy as a fan especially when I look at the youtube comments where everyone around the world comes together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O5UyCufp7k

This is amazing. This is perfection.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information