+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

Default Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

Manga Plus: https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1009657
    VIZ Manga: https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/one-p...40?action=read

Quote Originally Posted by redon
    Author Comments 8/29/2021: https://www.viz.com/blog/posts/manga-musings-08-29-2021

Eiichiro Oda

An old short story of mine, “Monsters,” has become a voice comic on YouTube. Please check it out.
    Last edited by Shift; August 29th, 2021 at 08:38 AM.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

I am still in awe of the Momo spread.. Dude looks intimidating as fuck and will likely be the bulwark against further Marine intervention..

Carrot and Wanda must've been more hurt than i thought, or less time has passed, because they still seem to be laying in the same place they got beaten in before. Can they even move? Or will they just watch big Garfield beat Pero?

Wait, I thought there was no break next week? Mangaplus says next chapter lands on September 12, not 5...

Good lord what a meaty chapter, and I wasn't ready for how awesome Momo would look, even though we had an obvious template through Kaido's own dragon form lol

The King/Lunarian stuff sounds interesting, but right now I'm mainly curious about what the deal with Sanji is.

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    Wait, I thought there was no break next week? Mangaplus says next chapter lands on September 12, not 5...
    VIZ Manga says seven days, and the earlier report did say no break, but good to know we should keep watch for a change in plans.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    Eiichiro Oda

https://de7i3bh7bgh0d.cloudfront.net...iichirooda.jpg

An old short story of mine, “Monsters,” has become a voice comic on YouTube. Please check it out.
    Cheeky motherfucker.

Well, I'm surprised official Viz didn’t translate the important line of Ushimaru being
    "大剣豪" (Dai-Kengou, meaning great swordsman) in this chapter.
    It’s important because only him, Mihawk and Ryuma have been classified as Dai-Kengou in all OP chapters till now.

(According to Vivre Card, Vista is called Dai-Kengou as well, but maybe it's not 100% confirmed about it since editors have made mistakes about Vivre Card/Blue Deep..)

Zoro said his dream is to become the strongest Dai-Kengou in the world.

Some pics
    Spoiler:

Last edited by sandman; August 29th, 2021 at 09:48 AM.

Based on the spanish viz version, their is a chapter next week...

Inserts Final Fantasy IV joke here

I'm guessing it's not a coincidence that Sanji's second time in a raid suit involved him being physically close to or touched by a Lunarian named King. If he does have some sort of latent connection, then that might be why he's feeling "off." Something could be "awakening."

That chapter. My goodness that chapter. What an unbelievably incredibly electrifying read. I loved it. My body was not ready for how amped up it would now be. Ahhh, how glorious. The threads of the journey unfolding throughout the manga have now found themselves converging at a point tying together a new thread on which the path forward has been constructed. The satisfying nature of payoff is a magical experience in how something so consuming and defined can yet surprise the avenues of the mind when the moment is presented in the manner as it was in this chapter. Certain elements were expected but the way they aligned and cascaded alongside each other, such a feeling evoked is indescribable. But if a word was to be placed reflecting the spirit of its conveyance - exhilarating,

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    I'm guessing it's not a coincidence that Sanji's second time in a raid suit involved him being physically close to or touched by a Lunarian named King. If he does have some sort of latent connection, then that might be why he's feeling "off." Something could be "awakening."
    Now this is a twist that could work. At least, it's better than unethical eugenics being the answer to everything.

King is slowly coming along, but i'm still not impressed. Oda has done a lot to set up the 4 "commander" battles because he most likely will finish them after the other battles like Apoo, Hawkins, Fukurokuju, 4 Numbers, and Lord Orochi.

5 Sanji and Zoro's whole back n forth
    4 Name of King's race finally
    3 Zoro and King talking like barbarians.
    2 Momo's form reveal
    1 Marco and Izo wholesomeness

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    VIZ Manga says seven days, and the earlier report did say no break, but good to know we should keep watch for a change in plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyki_Mikk View Post
    https://i.ibb.co/WvYQXck/Screenshot-20210829-175926.jpg

Based on the spanish viz version, their is a chapter next week...
    Just a hunch but, taking into account the spanish version of mangaplus has not released the extra chapter Vivi's adventure and that in the english version this extra chapter is listed after chapter 1023, I would bet the date of the next chapter gets automatically computed each time a new chapter is released by adding 7 days to the previous date. And since in the english version two chapters were released it added 14 days while in the spanish version it only added 7.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    (According to Vivre Card, Vista is called Dai-Kengou as well, but maybe it's not 100% confirmed about it since editors have made mistakes about Vivre Card/Blue Deep..)
    The hawkeyed one vouched for his street cred back in MF so it think we can allow him an honorary great swordsman title in the interim

Why does the thread title have a sad emoji next to it?
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Well, I'm surprised official Viz didn’t translate the important line of Ushimaru being
    "大剣豪" (Dai-Kengou, meaning great swordsman) in this chapter.
    It’s important because only him, Mihawk and Ryuma have been classified as Dai-Kengou in all OP chapters till now.

Zoro said his dream is to become the strongest Dai-Kengou in the world.

Some pics
    Wait until Kishido finds out about it.

Ryuuma looks awesome and him being one eyed, I hope this will put some end to the Zoro will open his left eye for some shit.

Abour Sanji... How was he using the raid suit 2 times.

1. Against Page One
    2. Against Drake and Hawkins
    3. Against King

Or do Oda want to say that after Page One he never transformed back

Quote Originally Posted by akagami7 View Post
    Just a hunch but, taking into account the spanish version of mangaplus has not released the extra chapter Vivi's adventure and that in the english version this extra chapter is listed after chapter 1023, I would bet the date of the next chapter gets automatically computed each time a new chapter is released by adding 7 days to the previous date. And since in the english version two chapters were released it added 14 days while in the spanish version it only added 7.
    This actually makes a ton of sense. Good guess!

As for the chapter, counting the spoiler thread and all, it has definitely sparked a lot of controversy and debate, but I think, in itself, it's a pretty good chapter. It makes for an even better one-two combo when read right after 1022, as they seem to go totally hand in hand.

Kinda weird seeing King as the trigger for the "gods" flashback. Cause, it's him that's making Marco reminisce, right?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information