+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

that fox better ride Zoro's head out of Wano ala Chopper riding Law or I will riot
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting in Bobby's Eyes

I did miss you Dirt Monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt monkey AL View Post
    bobby smells
    Or did I?
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Kinda interesting that Jack's hybrid form seems to be sporting four legs, Centaur style. Just further cements that Zoans can freely shift their forms beyond the typical modes. But then, that's nothing really new, what with Marco bucking trends since day one, with Black Maria being another blatant moldbreaker.

I absolutely love the color spread the whole thing with everyone gathered around in attack poses really reminds me of that scene in the first Avengers movie where they finally assemble and it goes around in a circle showing off the team, I love it

I should insist that Oda's been pretty consistent on Jack and the Dukes only knowing each other from Zou's invasion, we've never seen a memory or a comment about them having met 20 years ago.

Whatever was that guy in Kin'emon's memory, it was absolutely not Jack.

Jack: son of Jack, of House Jack, of the Jack Dynasty.

Sanji may be right, unlike his siblings, he may not be modified in the same manner but I wonder if enhancements to his biological structure were still carried out by Judge. We know that Judge, Vegapunk and the rest of MADS were conducting research on the Lineage Factor. Such research allowed Vegapunk to create an Artificial Devil Fruit and provide the base on which Caesar could create the SMILE Fruits. It also assisted Queen in developing his viruses that affected the biological structure of his victims. What if Judge took it further and rather than create the Fruit, he used the components that would provide the Fruit with a power and incorporated it directly into a human subject i.e. his children and in particular, Sanji. Could Judge have gotten his hands on the DNA of a Lunarian subject and infused it with Sanji’s biological structure? Such a modification could be allowing Sanji to burn with passion hotter than the heat of flames.

If this is the case, it does raise the question, could what gives the Devil Fruit their powers be the DNA of elements the Fruits are exposed to. For example, the Mera Mera no Mi, could it have something to do with the Lunarian people and their ability to burst into flames? Could a member of the Lunarian race have indirectly created the Mera Mera no Mi via their DNA as it merged with the tree/fruit that grew. Would the coalescence be natural or the result of a certain power i.e. Uranus. Could the Ancient Civilisation have created a device to lock a certain power within a Fruit. The people of D could be responsible for the items known as Devil Fruits. Similar to how Vegapunk discovered how to “feed” a Devil Fruit to an inanimate object, the Ancient Cvilisation had a way of encapsulating a Fruit with a particular power. Curiously, the owner of the Mera Mera no Mi was last seen at a place where the Lunarian people were said to have been based in the past. I wonder if Sabo will uncover further truths that the Tenryuubito hid away atop the Red Line with the passing of time.

There are further applications to this that I can think of but I'll cover that at a later time.

Yes the lunarian were probably the very advanced technological civilation who created the ancient weapon and probably the devil fruits. They could also have created the different races with dna modifications hence why they were called gods.

Sanji having his flame power from vinsmoke technology would annoy me much more than zoro ancesters being famous epeists. I love the stupid argument it is because of his burning passion :-)

About momo, it would be strange if by just ageing he had overcome his fear if height and become insanely stronger. Let's see what oda has in mind about that

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Oda would probably give Momo some goofy throwaway line like "Now that I'm big the world looks so small!" to justify his overcoming his vertigo.

I wonder how the side-effects of Vegapunk's Artificial Devil Fruit will come into play now with Momonosuke accessing more of its power. Are there any side-effects at all (would Vegapunk lie?) and if so, how will it affect the story going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Syphin View Post
    I wonder how the side-effects of Vegapunk's Artificial Devil Fruit will come into play now with Momonosuke accessing more of its power. Are there any side-effects at all (would Vegapunk lie?) and if so, how will it affect the story going forward.
    Were any side-effects explicitly mentioned, though ? We did ear Vegapunk considered his creation a failure, but for all we know he's a hardcore perfectionist and it's only because the dragon's scales aren't the right color

That would be hilarious if it were something that trivial. Still, this plot thread has been there since the start of the New World story (end of Punk Hazard) and for me, it would be interesting if the pay off was something more substantial. Momonosuke is the most relevant secondary character in the New World story and having him afflicted by the some side-effect from the Artificial Devil Fruit he consumed will assist in keeping him in focus beyond the Wano story. Obviously Momonosuke holds endgame importance but will he disappear from the focus of the story once he becomes Shogun and opens the borders of Wano?

A lot of potential to work with given Momonosuke's current place in the story.

I think a good imperfection of Momo's fruit would be that, aside from lacking the swirls, it doesn't provide hybrid form

that fox better ride Zoro's head out of Wano ala Chopper riding Law or I will riot
    dirtmonkey AL?

Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting in Bobby's Eyes

Tlc ?

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    I did miss you Dirt Monkey.

Or did I?
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

Quote Originally Posted by JDub View Post
    No, this is rude.

Like, first of all let's just clear the air; by "snowflakes" you mean genderqueer people that are happy to see someone like themselves represented in One Piece (like myself), or people who are not genderqueer themselves but care about representation and are happy for those same genderqueer fans mentioned prior.
    Neither. By "snowflakes" I'm referring to the oportunist hypocrites who go about caring about representation when in truth they don't actually give a damn, hate entertainment of all kind and the only they are seeking is attention, and in their own cowardice they will go as far as insult you or the author over petty things. A type of individual you rarely will find outside the internet because twitter is not representative of the real world.

You got things mixed up and completely misinterpreted my post. But just to clarify, I have nothing against minorities, and I will be the first to also defend them when the situation demands it.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

Just like how you misinterpreted someone's gender.

still gross

Just like how you misinterpreted someone's gender.

still gross
    Hey, can you blame me. I'm not the type that identifies a person by gender, but sex. Yamato is a woman, but I still will use "he".

so incredibly gross and a liar because you've certainly not done the last thing in any post I've seen since I've been back

More like, I hardly used any pronouns when adressing someone.

You're not behaving any different from the kind of individuals I was talking about. Ok, so what if I used a female pronoun at least once? I'm free to use words however I feel like, and at the end of the day we're not even talking about real people here. The whole issue is getting out of hand.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information