+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 252

Thread: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

  1. #61

    Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    Zoro and Ryuma look exactly alike. Ushimaru also looks like Ryuma and Zoro.

    Zoro is mostly like related to Ryuma through his mother who was most likely a Shimotsuki.

    Also Oda said in Wano there'd be some revelations about Zoro's family.

    We've kinda known the Zoro and Ryuma thing since Thriller Bark though.
    No sir. Oda answered through SBS, Shimotsuki are ancestors of Zoro’s Sensei aka Kunia’s father. Zero relations to Zoro.
    IF YOU DIE, I'LL KILL YOU....

  2. #62

    Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

    Quote Originally Posted by Sereques View Post
    No sir. Oda answered through SBS, Shimotsuki are ancestors of Zoro’s Sensei aka Kunia’s father. Zero relations to Zoro.
    The absence of confirmation is not confirmation of the opposite.

    At the time, Oda was only willing to confirm Kuina and Koshiro, even hinting that Zoro's lineage was still up in the air. There's no definitive statement that Zoro isn't part of the same family tree. If Shimotsuki Zoro is the way he's planning to go (if) it makes sense that he would have held back there for the sake of doing this chapter the way it is. You're right that we also can't call Zoro's ancestry completely locked in yet, but the design choices made this week are a strong push in that direction.

  3. #63

    Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

    Quote Originally Posted by Sereques View Post
    Most one piece fans on Twitter now believe Ryuma is Zoro’s forefather. Ridiculous.
    Have you not read the page in the chapter where it says Ryuma son is a clone of Zoro ? How is that ridiculous to think they are blood related now ?

  4. #64

    Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    On page 10, when Hyo and Kawamatsu are discussing the resemblance, Oda drew both living Ryuma and young Ushimaru looking like dead ringers for Zoro. That's kind of where it went from "he's just inheriting Ryuma's will" to "oh yeah, there's a direct connection" for me.

    But then again, with the whole Kuina and Tashigi thing, completely coincidental (as far as we know) lookalikes are an established thing in Zoro's arc, so who knows.
    Tashigi and kuina felt more Like a way to replace kuina, same thing with Sabo and ace. With Zoro If feels more Like a way to Have both main characters from both mangas of oda to be in OP.
    https://imgur.com/MyjRSWw

  5. #65
    Omne ignotum pro magnifico Zik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

    Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

    Quote Originally Posted by Sereques View Post
    No sir. Oda answered through SBS, Shimotsuki are ancestors of Zoro’s Sensei aka Kunia’s father.
    I'm not talking about that.

    Zero relations to Zoro.
    Oda never said this.

    You seem to be ignoring whats clearly implied in the story and need it to be spelled out for you to get it.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

  6. #66

    Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

    In that sbs oda even ended it with the question: but is Zoro related to shimotsuki too? Clearly hinting that he could be related too, not just kuina.
    https://imgur.com/MyjRSWw

  7. #67

    Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    The absence of confirmation is not confirmation of the opposite.

    At the time, Oda was only willing to confirm Kuina and Koshiro, even hinting that Zoro's lineage was still up in the air. There's no definitive statement that Zoro isn't part of the same family tree. If Shimotsuki Zoro is the way he's planning to go (if) it makes sense that he would have held back there for the sake of doing this chapter the way it is. You're right that we also can't call Zoro's ancestry completely locked in yet, but the design choices made this week are a strong push in that direction.
    I get your point but I really hope it doesn’t go that way. Zoro’s appeal is the random village orphan with a great ambition and works his socks off everyday to be the best. Saying it was all in his genes makes it a bit flat for me.
    IF YOU DIE, I'LL KILL YOU....

  8. #68

    Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

    am i the only who finds the mangaplus scan to be incredibly low quality?

    I can barely understand exactly whats going on in those panels. Eg izo saving marco looks completely indecipherable to me.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

  9. #69

    Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

    Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    am i the only who finds the mangaplus scan to be incredibly low quality?

    I can barely understand exactly whats going on in those panels. Eg izo saving marco looks completely indecipherable to me.
    Hit the 3 dots at the top corner and set the quality there. For some reason they use a lower quality as the default.

  10. #70

    Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

    Quote Originally Posted by Sereques View Post
    I get your point but I really hope it doesn’t go that way. Zoro’s appeal is the random village orphan with a great ambition and works his socks off everyday to be the best. Saying it was all in his genes makes it a bit flat for me.
    It'll be what it is. Remember that Ryuma's genes weren't enough to keep Kuina from dying as mundane a death as falling down the stairs, and didn't propel her father to any grander ambition than making an honest living running a dojo either (give or take some Revolutionary Army support on the side). People in the story are going to say it feels like "destiny" or some such like they always do, but on a purely mechanical level, all it's doing so far is providing Oda a way to draw parallels with the greats of past generations. Zoro's still had to work for what he's got.

    Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    am i the only who finds the mangaplus scan to be incredibly low quality?

    I can barely understand exactly whats going on in those panels. Eg izo saving marco looks completely indecipherable to me.
    Honestly, I think that one's on Oda. Here's a full size digital raw and...



    ...how is Izo holding Marco? His cape appears to be in front of Marco's legs and the placement of Marco's head is super awkward. Where are his arms? It's a messy bit of choreography at any resolution.

  11. #71

    Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

    Quote Originally Posted by Rean View Post
    Hit the 3 dots at the top corner and set the quality there. For some reason they use a lower quality as the default.
    Thanks for the headsup
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

  12. #72

    Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

    Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Tashigi and kuina felt more Like a way to replace kuina, same thing with Sabo and ace. With Zoro If feels more Like a way to Have both main characters from both mangas of oda to be in OP.
    I know that, but it'd be funny for Zoro to get all these people thinking "omg he's an exact Ryuma lookalike" and it's all coincidence, the same way part of the Tashigi gag is how he's mad at her for coincidentally looking the same as someone she has no relation to.

  13. #73

    Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

    I'm so looking forward to the massive meltdown twitter will undergo when Yamato sees the grown-up Momo and she lays down the "I'm Oden" mantra.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

  14. #74

    Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

    Ugh i just realized that Kuina also had god DNA.

    Bit slow on the uptake this one

  15. #75

    Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

    Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post
    Really cool chapter. Everything's progressing at once, yet it doesn't feel as jumpy as it used to - maybe because each scene has 2-3 pages instead of a couple panels. Plus we're getting into the serious stuff : I'd say only 2-5 chapters of wrapping up Hawkins, Hapoo and the last 3 Scabbard fights before we can get a full development of Sanji and Zoro.
    I'm intrigued by the Lunarian reference - where do they stand in the 3 winged races shown on the moon base murals ? I thought we already had identified 3 races of winged people - and also by Sanji's state.
    The last few chapters have reassured me that the arc should be coming to a close around chapter 1050 (given that King and Zorro/Queen and Sanji's fights are underway, Luffy's back on his feet, Momonosuke has gotten older/transformed and Marco is being whisked away by Izo I'd be very surprised if Oda draws the climax to the final battle with Kaidō out any longer than is needed). The last thing the longest arc in the series needs is to be 150+ chapters.

  16. #76

    Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

    Quote Originally Posted by Honeyman View Post
    The last few chapters have reassured me that the arc should be coming to a close around chapter 1050
    A Kaido flashback is still possible, though, so depending how much of his story it explores we could be going a little further I would say.

  17. #77

    Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

    Kaido seeing Momo’s dragon form could be a good moment for a little Vegapunk flashback.

    "There will be an answer, let it be."

  18. #78

    Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

    Kawamatu and Hyogoro noticing the similarities between Zoro and Ushimaru means that at least Yasu, Hitetsu and of course Onimaru did as well, adds a new perspective to their interactions with Zoro.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    Have you not read the page in the chapter where it says Ryuma son is a clone of Zoro ?
    Ushimaru wasn't his son, Ryuma died centuries ago(about 400 years according to magazine 6).
    Last edited by Tarek; August 30th, 2021 at 05:36 AM.

  19. #79

    Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Ugh i just realized that Kuina also had god DNA.
    Yeah but she wasted that god DNA on that worthless double x cromosomes setup, the weak one. And look how she ended up, typical girls.
    Luckily there was the backup bloodline who knew that good genes are for manly men.
    Curiosity has its own reason for existing

  20. #80
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    F.O.

    Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

    Kuina's genes are all over that staircase.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts