+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Well, I'm surprised official Viz didn’t translate the important line of Ushimaru being
    "大剣豪" (Dai-Kengou, meaning great swordsman) in this chapter.
    It’s important because only him, Mihawk and Ryuma have been classified as Dai-Kengou in all OP chapters till now.

(According to Vivre Card, Vista is called Dai-Kengou as well, but maybe it's not 100% confirmed about it since editors have made mistakes about Vivre Card/Blue Deep..)

Zoro said his dream is to become the strongest Dai-Kengou in the world.

Some pics
    Do you have the slightest idea how many times I had to argue that there are *swordsmen* in One Piece and people who just happen to wield a blade? People like Law, Fujitora, Kizaru - and likely even Shanks?

And now you tell me there was a special word/category for that in Japanese all along?

Where have you been all my forum life, sandman?

Where?

Quote Originally Posted by Medical Orbit View Post
    Why does the thread title have a sad emoji next to it?
    Thanks for pointing it out, I must have clicked it by accident. Fixed.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    Ryuuma looks awesome and him being one eyed, I hope this will put some end to the Zoro will open his left eye for some shit.

Abour Sanji... How was he using the raid suit 2 times.

1. Against Page One
    2. Against Drake and Hawkins
    3. Against King

Or do Oda want to say that after Page One he never transformed back
    Not sure what you don't get, Sanji never said he's only put the suit on twice. So according to him, he's felt off since the encounter with Hawkins and X Drake.

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Not sure what you don't get, Sanji never said he's only put the suit on twice. So according to him, he's felt off since the encounter with Hawkins and X Drake.
    Hmm you are right. Seems like I have to trust VIZ on this one

I initially took it as what Bliss said, but there's a chance that it's an Oda mistake as well.

Other thing about Sanji feeling off... I really would love my theory that it has nothing to do with Judge and his DNA shit but that the fire powers come from Sora.

But if that's the case... Why is the suit reacting to it?

Discovered Stowaway Galleon Panthera's Avatar

Great chapter. Many say that the sulong forms of Dogstorm and Cat Viper don't look great, but I think they look superb. Especially Cat Viper's who looks like a persian cat on steroids ready to demolish the candy man into itty little bits.

And yeah, of course, Momo's full sized dragon form looks cool as all hell!

Loved every bit of the chapter. Series has been straight fire aside from a couple of things that happened

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    I initially took it as what Bliss said, but there's a chance that it's an Oda mistake as well.
    I mean that's not impossible I suppose, but I'm just saying that it was clear what Sanji meant. That said, even if it was a mistake, it doesn't seem to really matter whether Oda actually meant to say Sanji's third time using the suit. At the end of the day, I get the message, that using the raid suit is having an unexpected effect on his body.

I guess the only thing that would make it really stick out as a mistake is if Raid Suit Sanji's clash with King, a Lunarian, had an unintended effect, and that's the actual reason he feels off, but that's left to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Carrot and Wanda must've been more hurt than i thought, or less time has passed, because they still seem to be laying in the same place they got beaten in before. Can they even move? Or will they just watch big Garfield beat Pero?
    I Guess that oda doesn't care about the popularity Poll If Top 8 Carrot doesn't get her 1vs1 with perospero to avenge Pedro that died before her eyes, instead the catviper gets IT.
    https://imgur.com/MyjRSWw

Like i'm not team Carrot but even i think it is a little weird that she didn't get up to shit all since then we last saw her.

Like i'm not team Carrot but even i think it is a little weird that she didn't get up to shit all since then we last saw her.
    It's just more convenient that way because she's already where she should be, whatever's Oda's intentions for this next scene.

Wonder what made them refer to the Lunarians as gods?

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

There was probably no elemental bending on earth prior to the Lunarians and company coming down from their moons. And seeing someone make fire out of thin air might lead you to believe they're godlike.

We know so little of ancient One Piece lore and myths that it's impossible to know why Lunarians were said to be gods.

Fair enough i suppose, it'd be quite a neat trick in easto brue but once you've been to the grandline and seen all that black magic fuckery going on in there it'd seem a little bit hard to wow people with -Hey i can make this fireball do anything. But yeah lets go with fire bender in a world of normies

Really cool chapter. Everything's progressing at once, yet it doesn't feel as jumpy as it used to - maybe because each scene has 2-3 pages instead of a couple panels. Plus we're getting into the serious stuff : I'd say only 2-5 chapters of wrapping up Hawkins, Hapoo and the last 3 Scabbard fights before we can get a full development of Sanji and Zoro.
    I'm intrigued by the Lunarian reference - where do they stand in the 3 winged races shown on the moon base murals ? I thought we already had identified 3 races of winged people - and also by Sanji's state.

Couple details I'm not fully sure about :
    - is this Ashura Doji lying in the courtyard to which Jack is thrown by the Duke ?
    - who dug that hole in the roof ? The name sounds like one of Zoro's attacks, but it looks like an explosion, so it could have been Ashura's bomb blowing up.

Wonder what made them refer to the Lunarians as gods?
    Coming from outer space.

So, I guess King is from a Red Line Skypean tribe with lunarian technology.
    “As I stand out here in the wonders of the unknown at Hadley, I sort of realize there’s a fundamental truth to our nature: Man must explore!” – David Scott, Moon

Carrot and Wanda must've been more hurt than i thought, or less time has passed, because they still seem to be laying in the same place they got beaten in before. Can they even move? Or will they just watch big Garfield beat Pero?
    After Sulong expires the user is paralyzed / falls to sleep. Brook saved Carrot from falling into the sea after she was done dismantling BM's ships, and later they stored her below the deck to recover.

I guess she would sleep right now too if Cat vs. Tongue wouldn't be such a nailbiter.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information