+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
Results 241 to 252 of 252

Thread: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

  1. #241
    Button Pusher Shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada

    Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

    Quote Originally Posted by puffing.cinema View Post
    i can't help but read each and every dirt monkey's posts as if he was in a manic episode
    Quote Originally Posted by Piitan View Post
    You mean to tell me he isn't?
    Mental health is an actual, serious issue. It shouldn't be used to poke fun at anyone here.



    Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

  2. #242
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    F.O.

    Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

    Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    Mental health is an actual, serious issue. It shouldn't be used to poke fun at anyone here.
    Got a list of them Very Serious Issues we aren't allowed to make fun of? So I know which books to burn.

  3. #243
    Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    side by side with your tears

    Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

    Do agree, won't do it again.

  4. #244

    Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

    Quote Originally Posted by Piitan View Post
    So I know which books to burn.
    Jesus jumped-up christ, the thin skin.

  5. #245

    Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

    Quote Originally Posted by Zar View Post
    Not a fan of Sanji possibly awakening secret DNA or that the Raid Suit is enhancing him in some way, I'm hoping his flames stay ones of passion. Zoro having parallels to Ushimaru and Ryuma lands in the "I don't care" category; on one hand I prefer characters to be nobodies with no fancy connections
    I’m getting sick of people complaining about these revelations and spouting “Muh hardwork” and the eugenics meme. First off, that is not what eugenics means, second, this is just people projecting what they want to see. Why do people think the message is "hard work always works!" when in Naruto one of the earliest fights in the series is Rock Lee losing to Gaara? Hard work isn’t everything, natural talent also has a part, and will.

    That would be boring, also Sanji’s flame just being “his passion” would be nonsensical and rule breaking.

    When you go back and re-read early One Piece (the first 300 chapters), you pick up on the fact that Oda constructs his story by leaving noticeable gaps in regards to explanation so he can fill them in later as good writing does. Things like:
    • the blank 10 years of Luffy growing up and skipping his actual departure from the village. (Covered in his Luffy's flashback.)
    • Sanji already being on the ship Zeff attacked and then the whole thing about him being born in North Blue. (Covered in Sanji's second flashback).
    • Yosaku's explanation about Jinbe releasing Arlong into East Blue. (Covered in the Fishman Island flashback).
    • Zoro's method for cutting through steel. (Ryuo)
    Sanji's Diable Jambe was the same. The friction simply helped activate it, notice how King is able to simply ignite himself at will, which implies Lunarians can simply use fire when they want, but pre-timeskip Sanji had to push it to activate the power, the drug his mother took simply made his modifications dormant but started to slowly awaken through the struggles and training he went through. But Oda's explanation of Sanji not being hurt by the flames in the SBS (and parroted in this very chapter) was suspect pre-timeskip. Sanji straight up used Diable Jambe underwater; ain't no friction there. And with Hell Memories and thereafter, it appeared the flames themselves were responding to Sanji's feelings. Then we get to Whole Cake Island and learn about Judge's manipulation of the Lineage Factor as well as Sora's efforts to protect Sanji's emotions. At this point, Sanji's Diable Jambe was highly suspect.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    As one piece fans, we are still discussing the importance/lack thereof with bounties; when the story already said they can be used as a measurement of power and threat level in other means?

    Come on.
    It’s an Internet forum, what do you expect?

    There is either quality discussion or people spouting their uninformed opinions and complaining and acting like they are valid and then get angry when someone criticizes them or tells them they are wrong regardless of how valid it is, and some trolls.
    Last edited by Jmariofan7; September 1st, 2021 at 10:41 PM.

  6. #246
    Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Joliet, IL

    Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

    Great chapter. King is being shown as a key character in the lore and mythos of One Piece's world.

    So it's heavily implied that Zoro descends from the Shimotsuki line. Swordsmanship is literally in his DNA it seems.

    So the raid suit is doing something to Sanji's body. I wonder if it's a power up?

  7. #247
    Do you wanna borrow it? Khamolen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Aquidneck Island

    Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

    Quote Originally Posted by Jmariofan7 View Post
    Why do people think the message is "hard work always works!" when in Naruto one of the earliest fights in the series is Rock Lee losing to Gaara? Hard work isn’t everything, natural talent also has a part, and will.
    I want to ask "Why the fuck are you talking about Naruto?" but I'm pretty sure I know the answer. You're part of that increasingly loud faction of weirdos on Twitter that are just absolutely convinced Naruto didn't completely shit the bed in part 2.

    Not at all surprised they overlap with "Sanji's mom failing to prevent him from becoming a genetically enhanced super-soldier would be good, actually"

  8. #248

    Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

    Quote Originally Posted by Jmariofan7 View Post
    That would be boring, also Sanji’s flame just being “his passion” would be nonsensical and rule breaking.
    You mean like Sasaki's helicopter powers, or Zoro being able to speak with his swords in his mouth?

    Or Pappag being able to talk despite being a regular starfish, or Kaku's giraffe anything?

  9. #249

    Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

    Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    You mean like Sasaki's helicopter powers, or Zoro being able to speak with his swords in his mouth?

    Or Pappag being able to talk despite being a regular starfish, or Kaku's giraffe anything?
    Those will all be scienced in due time

  10. #250

    Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

    Pappag is the spitting image of a starfish of legend that was able to command even sea kings.

    Pappag is the true Poseidon.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

  11. #251
    Discovered Stowaway SirCaesar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Rome

    Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

    Quote Originally Posted by Jmariofan7 View Post
    Sanji's Diable Jambe was the same. The friction simply helped activate it, notice how King is able to simply ignite himself at will, which implies Lunarians can simply use fire when they want, but pre-timeskip Sanji had to push it to activate the power, the drug his mother took simply made his modifications dormant but started to slowly awaken through the struggles and training he went through. But Oda's explanation of Sanji not being hurt by the flames in the SBS (and parroted in this very chapter) was suspect pre-timeskip. Sanji straight up used Diable Jambe underwater; ain't no friction there. And with Hell Memories and thereafter, it appeared the flames themselves were responding to Sanji's feelings. Then we get to Whole Cake Island and learn about Judge's manipulation of the Lineage Factor as well as Sora's efforts to protect Sanji's emotions. At this point, Sanji's Diable Jambe was highly suspect.
    And in Thriller Bark Sanji literally burst into flames several times. Was it a gag? Yes. Are gags used by Oda as narrative devices? Again yes.

  12. #252

    Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

    Luffy sho do be good at gathering them princesses soda might be playing some Kingdom Hearts because Luffy is over here snatches more souls than Big Mammy- had to be said!

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Two BAD theories:

    Sanji makes z fire 🔥 because he smokes and where there is smoke there is fire 🔥
    With a heavy dash of passion d’ fruit.

    Kaido and Zoro- drink excessively for the same / similar reasons *also might I add that it makes me think that Our Z man could possibly end up having to end Kaido. Killing Kaido is insteresting because it’s his dream so maybe this is the one time we will see a SH kill an enemy on screen.

    Bonus theory… Kaido drinks because he thinks he killed Zoro and that’s why he let Momo go (think Simba, Scar, Mufasa; TheLion Kin” even tho he could have easily killed him, also you all better believe I hope that Yams realizes she doesn’t have to carry on Oden by himself, that WANO / WE our Oden and that allows Yamato to develop themself and they choose to be like Ace and set out on a small raft by themself.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts