+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

Default Re: Chapter 1,023: Spitting Image

hey, we can stop any time, person that will only defend someone when it's convenient to them and just not apologize after the fact and will keep bringing the topic up hours after the conversation should have ended when real representation came through, but still stomped on them and said they were wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Changing the topic to something more related, and since I see nothing re in the first post:

Are we getting spoilers this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    Neither. By "snowflakes" I'm referring to the oportunist hypocrites who go about caring about representation when in truth they don't actually give a damn, hate entertainment of all kind and the only they are seeking is attention, and in their own cowardice they will go as far as insult you or the author over petty things. A type of individual you rarely will find outside the internet because twitter is not representative of the real world.

You got things mixed up and completely misinterpreted my post. But just to clarify, I have nothing against minorities, and I will be the first to also defend them when the situation demands it.
    Nice collection of buzzwords. What's opportunistic? How are these hypothetical people you're so sure you've seen a lot of being hypocritical? Seems weird to be so sure they don't actually care and to know for certain they "hate entertainment." How'd you work that out? Wouldn't speaking out in defence of a fictional character be a show of passion rather than the act of someone who hates the work and doesn't care? Feels to me like you're pretty mad over your own assumptions toward motivations you can't possibly know the truth of.

Seems like you're just throwing contradictory, inflammatory shit out there, presumably to get attention. Pretty hypocritical, considering. Do you get to be a double hypocrite for being one in the post where you ramble about hypocrisy?

1024 is coming out this weekend, so theoretically yes
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt monkey AL View Post
    1024 is coming out this weekend, so theoretically yes
    Cheers.

I'm guessing Redon being late can swing either way: IRL reasons for the delay; or too interesting a chapter.

people do have lives, yes

hey, we can stop any time, person that will only defend someone when it's convenient to them and just not apologize after the fact and will keep bringing the topic up hours after the conversation should have ended when real representation came through, but still stomped on them and said they were wrong
    Yeah, I've had enough. Have it your way then, but I'm not gonna apologize before yo do so for insulting me several times just because I called out on people's hypocrisy. As for what concerns me, this discussion is long over.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

just being honest about how gross you are

people do have lives, yes
    No shit.

You don't have to make up for 4 years of absence in a day's worth of posts, you know?

are you mad about people having a conversation in a forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Nice collection of buzzwords. What's opportunistic? How are these hypothetical people you're so sure you've seen a lot of being hypocritical? Seems weird to be so sure they don't actually care and to know for certain they "hate entertainment." How'd you work that out? Wouldn't speaking out in defence of a fictional character be a show of passion rather than the act of someone who hates the work and doesn't care? Feels to me like you're pretty mad over your own assumptions toward motivations you can't possibly know the truth of.
    Let me give you one example: an artist draws a fictional character that has a tan, but makes said character skin color more lighter. The character isn't even black, just very sunburned. Then the artist is bombarded with insults and threats and accusations of racism by these so-called protectors of minorities, causing that person great anxiety and taking a long break to recover. In your opinion, do you think such awful behaviour is justified? And to make matters worse, you then see these same individuals doing exactly the opposite of what they claimed to defend. This is the hypocrisy I'm calling out, and I've seen enough examples of it.

hey, look, still can't stop talking even when they expressed they'd like to stop talking about it

keep backpedaling hard

hey, look, still can't stop talking even when they expressed they'd like to stop talking about it

keep backpedaling hard
    Uh, why are you addressing to me now? I thought our talk was long over. That person asked me, so I'm responding kindly.

because the same conversation can still happen between more than two people

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    Let me give you one example: an artist draws a fictional character that has a tan, but makes said character skin color more lighter. The character isn't even black, just very sunburned. Then the artist is bombarded with insults and threats and accusations of racism by these so-called protectors of minorities, causing that person great anxiety and taking a long break to recover. In your opinion, do you think such awful behaviour is justified? And to make matters worse, you then see these same individuals doing exactly the opposite of what they claimed to defend. This is the hypocrisy I'm calling out, and I've seen enough examples of it.
    Before I decide whether to bother answering, what exactly does this nonspecific example about a fanartist and ethnicity have to do with canon content and gender identity? You haven't told me where the oppotunism, hypocrisy and hatred for entertainment in general is in relation to Yamato.

do I get paid for how opportunistic I am?

Soros? SOROS, WHERE'S MY CHECK

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Before I decide whether to bother answering, what exactly does this nonspecific example about a fanartist and ethnicity have to do with canon content and gender identity? You haven't told me where the oppotunism, hypocrisy and hatred for entertainment in general is in relation to Yamato.
    I've wandered social networks for quite some time, and is safe to say I shouldn't have done that. If Someone adressed to Yamato using a female pronoun, even if it was by accident, then we would be having a similar occurrence to the example I wrote above. But to answer your question, these nouns go hand in hand. Those individuals have a tendency to fake being proud for representation of minorities in a work of fiction, only to do a 180 if it turned out that was not the intent or they conveniently misinterpreted things, and show that they never cared about the work, then rage against the author for presumably deceiving them, or throw a fit at dark humor, only for them to laugh at real life examples of abuse towards minorities. My critique was focused on that specific group of people, and it wasn't restricted to just Yamato. I bet there are already a few individuals out there who are throwing a tantrum over the fact Yamato is being voiced by a female VA and they conveniently interpreted that as the studio denying Yamato's gender.

I'm getting tired of the subject, so let's end it here.

oooh, people that only exist in your head, got it

anyway, Zoro's new fox hat's gonna be lit

Yar har har...

I wonder how bounties are going to go between Jinbe, Robin and Franky. I tend to feel like Oda likes to showcase the main fights from the "weaker" officers to higher ups. I could be making it up in my head all together but in this very case it certainly seems like thats what is happening this fight.

I doubt any of the Tibor Six have Billion Berry bounties so I imagine Robin, Jinbe and Franky will stack up closely with one another. Well at the very least get a similar increase. I guess I'm wondering if Who's Who has a bounty several hundred lower than Sasaki who's bounty is lower than Black Maria's.

Seems like Jinbe should join Zoro and Sanji but Oda has been very deliberate about how Zoro and Sanji are perceived in relation to other Straw Hats. The earlier jokes about Sanji being upset that others recognized Jinbe before him might be short lived and a little hint at what's to come.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    Yar har har...

I wonder how bounties are going to go between Jinbe, Robin and Franky. I tend to feel like Oda likes to showcase the main fights from the "weaker" officers to higher ups. I could be making it up in my head all together but in this very case it certainly seems like thats what is happening this fight.

I doubt any of the Tibor Six have Billion Berry bounties so I imagine Robin, Jinbe and Franky will stack up closely with one another. Well at the very least get a similar increase. I guess I'm wondering if Who's Who has a bounty several hundred lower than Sasaki who's bounty is lower than Black Maria's.

Seems like Jinbe should join Zoro and Sanji but Oda has been very deliberate about how Zoro and Sanji are perceived in relation to other Straw Hats. The earlier jokes about Sanji being upset that others recognized Jinbe before him might be short lived and a little hint at what's to come.
    ah, Sanji, the eternal Pirate B

I always forget about bounties because I normally am not concerned with it, but they are fun to watch go up

notoriety and all that

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information