+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Volume 101 Predictions/Discussion

Default Volume 101 Predictions/Discussion

No release date yet but We already have the Cover !

Default Re: Volume 101 Predictions/Discussion

That is an absolutely spectacular looking hybrid Kaido. I can't put my finger on what makes him different on the cover compared to the actual manga, but he looks ten times better than even his best panels so far.

Anyway, I'm expecting an early December release. With the volume being ~80% done already in August and Oda's momentum not slowing, there's no reason to delay it at all.

3 covers joined in best quality

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

And another version from the cover.

So that's how his claw fits into the image! Nice!

Kaido's look makes me think of a Yakuza. Also loving how much space Franky takes up, it might make the cover look a bit empty but we'll have to see it in colour.
    Wano Predictions
    Spoiler:

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

Franky looks HUGE, like bigger than Jinbe. Loving Kaido demoniac look, a really cool looking form. Hope that the anime can water down his colour in hybrid mode, the tonality of blue seems quite light in comparison to 92's full form colors.

These reveals are not as exciting when I have an idea of what it's going to be.

Just hit me that Momo and Kin have only been on like 1 cover each for the longest arc yet. I expect them to pop up on another cover. Even in the shorter FI arc, Shirahoshi and Jinbe got like 2 covers each.

If the raid is finished by 101 and the rest is post-raid stuff I hope Momo is front and centre on 102, similar to how Vivi was the main character on 23 and Rebecca was one of the main characters on 80.
    Wano Predictions
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Zar View Post
    If the raid is finished by 101 and the rest is post-raid stuff I hope Momo is front and centre on 102, similar to how Vivi was the main character on 23 and Rebecca was one of the main characters on 80.
    We're about seven or eight chapters into volume 101 right now. There's no way the raid's ending before volume 102 does.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    We're about seven or eight chapters into volume 101 right now. There's no way the raid's ending before volume 102 does.
    Oh damn. Didn't realize we're that far already!
    Well I'll keep the wish for a Momo cover for 103 then, hopefully a final fight/post-raid volume. Altough I could see him on 102 too, just more of a fighting-themed cover.
    Wano Predictions
    Spoiler:

If we are already seven-eight chapters in v.101, can't see the raid ending before early 103. We have yet to defeat Apoo, Hawkins, Peros, Jack, Fukurokuju, King and Queen and to see four Numbers, so at least seven chapters before the final fight will begin (half 102).
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

I feel like I'm counting on my fingers here to have this make sense :P Keeping track of chapters and volumes aren't my speciality.

Seven sounds right for those characters. Add Orochi too and 7-8 feels like a good number. Big Mom may add a few depending on how her fight goes, but I can see it ending prematurely or going on parallel to Kaido's fight. And if we get some short Yamato flashback that could potentially fill out the rest of 102 (not at all a certainty at this point, I'm starting to hope any potential flashback is saved for the post-time skip or as an interlude between this arc and the next). Pretty much agree with the assessment that the raid ends at the earliest the first half of 103. Hopefully it won't stretch beyond that volume.
    Wano Predictions
    Spoiler:

I feel like I'm counting on my fingers here to have this make sense :P Keeping track of chapters and volumes aren't my speciality.

Seven sounds right for those characters. Add Orochi too and 7-8 feels like a good number. Big Mom may add a few depending on how her fight goes, but I can see it ending prematurely or going on parallel to Kaido's fight. And if we get some short Yamato flashback that could potentially fill out the rest of 102 (not at all a certainty at this point, I'm starting to hope any potential flashback is saved for the post-time skip or as an interlude between this arc and the next). Pretty much agree with the assessment that the raid ends at the earliest the first half of 103. Hopefully it won't stretch beyond that volume.
    I hope for it too XD The situation is actually hard to predict. Hawkins and Fukurokuju seems to be the fight we can expect shorter length, as even half chapter each (as Killer hasn't particular abilities and Raizo-Fuku doesn't seems to hide some plot twist) could be enough. Apoo is tied to Numbers, so I expect a whole chapter where he actually summons the four unknown ones and Drake and someone else defeat all of them. As Inu and Neko are tied (even in this chapter, we get both Sulong together) I can see them winning in the same one chapter. As you said there's the mad card Orochi which we don't know who'll with, but I expect Denjiro and Hiyori to do it in one chapter. Of course I says one chapter, but I mean various panels would be put in before the actual "match one". We're counting four chapters. There's also Ulti and Page One whose faces are not shown when Tobi Roppo's fall is announced, so we could expect a return (I'd say one chapter too). Five chapters. Zoro, Sanji, King and Queen no way would last only one chapter together, so I'd say two or even three. We're up to eight. I am taking out the eventuality Big Mom children show up, as it would totally change every prediction, and they're already pretty vague.

The final stage will surely be 1. Onigashima fall; 2. Luffy vs Kaido. It's possible we'll get a situation where Onigashima's fall is stopped by Kaido's defeat and Momo will only play the "slow down the bird cage" role. Speaking about Luffy vs Doflamingo's solo battle lasted seven chapters (1. Gear Fourth; 2. first Doffy's loss; 3. Doffy's return; 4. Four minutes to Bird Cage; 5. Bird Cage almost stopped; 6. Luffy's return; 7. Luffy won) and I actually expect around the same length, BUT we have to deal with Momonosuke-Kaido's interaction and potentially with Yamato's flashback, which would last four or even five chapters all together. We're up to TWENTY (sixteen without Yamato's FB) and we haven't yet accounted Kid & Law vs Big Mom as I can't really predict how it'd end (is it really narratively safe for Big Mom to be taken down not by the protagonist? I'd like it, but how much should last her fight to actually make her justice?) nor the red PG and the dolls hidden in Wano's royal castle. What if Kaido is able to reach it and the final battle is there? That would give us at least one or two chapters in addition as it is impossible Kaido would not reveal something about it.

We reached chapter 1041, around half 103. And there's a lot that could happen to easily dely the end up to end of volume 103 (ex.: Kaido's flashback. We got one for Big Mom, who knows if we could not get one for him too). The post arc of such a battle could be massive, as we didn't even got one for Wholecake, so I expect to leave Wano not before middle vol. 104, which mean 2022 winter and I am not even surprised anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

I'm surprise the Calamities aren't on the cover (maybe they'll be aded in the final version ?)
    3DS FC : 0559-6804-1461

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey D View Post
    I'm surprise the Calamities aren't on the cover (maybe they'll be aded in the final version ?)
    This one arc has a gazillion characters on it, we were actually wondering if there was going to be the classic villanis/heroes volume covers, and at this point, it does seem like that's not happening at all.

that kinda explains why this Colorspread exists

Chapter 1025 makes ten for this volume and would be a pretty sweet end point, but after volume 100 went to 1015 it wouldn't be smart to call it done without at least seeing the next one.

That said, there's not a lot of strong title candidates among the ten we've got. Most of the chapter titles are really specific to the individual fights. I think "The Stars Take the Stage" would be a good choice - it can easily be taken to mean the crew as a whole stepping up and downing their opponents throughout the volume. That's what I'd bet on at the minute. "Twin Dragons" is also pretty dramatic, but risks giving the ending away on the front cover, so I'm leaving it as a runner-up.

I think "The stars take the stage" is the most likely title as well.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

They should go with "Triceracopter".
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

So that's how his claw fits into the image! Nice!

Kaido's look makes me think of a Yakuza.
    Ha, good observation. I'd never considered that, but now it seems plain as day.

Laughing even more now Strohhut-Ruffy's Avatar

@Captain M: May I ask why you didn't put the cover of Vol. 100 in your compilation yet? Not that it drives me insane or anything .. *sweats*

I'd be happy if the volume covers chapters 1016 - 1025, so we get the twin dragons on the cover of Vol. 102.
    My title prediction is "The stars take the stage".

Quote Originally Posted by Strohhut-Ruffy View Post
    @Captain M: May I ask why you didn't put the cover of Vol. 100 in your compilation yet? Not that it drives me insane or anything .. *sweats*
    I'm pretty sure I put the updated compilation in the volume 100 thread, but I never got around to actually updating my sig. Hopefully it looks a little better now!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information