+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1,021: Demonio

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Default Re: Chapter 1,021: Demonio

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Then you should seriously examine what makes you think that since that impression is entirely false.
    The story does.

And no, it being false is just your opinion.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    The story does.

And no, it being false is just your opinion.
    The story had Cracker match Luffy for 16 hours, and in the end he was finally beaten by his own arrogance.
    The story had many Big Mom Pirates being actual Haki users in addition to having dangerous abilities, the perceived second strongest of the F6 needed to risk mutual destruction to pierce Shogun, something Dressrosa officers did with ease.
    The story had Oven getting kicked by Sanji, shot by Bege, pierced by several lasers by Ichiji, and he still continued on.
    Meanwhile Sasaki was nearly knocked out by a Gaon Cannon, something those previously mentioned Dressrosa officers even took, and then disposed of by one laser. Same Oven had the entire Sun Pirates at his mercy.
    The same Brook and Chopper who are easily disposing of Beast Pirates combatants while joking around were completely helpless in front of Perospero, who is technically the equivalent of the Tobi Roppo.

The list goes on and on, your impression has nothing to do with the story.

The story had Cracker match Luffy for 16 hours, and in the end he was finally beaten by his own arrogance.
    Pretty sure Ulti could've done all that had the strawhats not specifically strategized for Luffy to not waste energy on anybody but Kaido.

Instead it took Big Mom to take her down.

Same with thinking the officers are not haki users. That's ignoring whats actually in the story.

I don't see the point of even bringing up Chopper or Brook as if they've defeated any Tobi Roppo.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Discovered Stowaway hideoushorrendous's Avatar

This idea that the sweet commanders are somehow better than the lead performers is so weird to me. I guess it's just cuz their arc was all escape from the yonkou while the Beast Pirates have been built up to be defeated.

The way I see it, outside of Katakuri (and maybe Peros) the rest of those guys wouldn't stand a chance against Queen and Jack.

The sweet commanders (minus the obvious) all feel Sasaki level to me.

If any future arc involves beating the BM pirates, the strawhats will curb stomp them.
    nah bro

Luffy with tons of assistance barely defeated 2 sweet commanders and would've died if he was on his own

What logic makes you think Luffy's underlings could match against the sweet commanders ?

The arc is not done yet, but up so far the BM pirates are stronger which i hope they don't eventually

I still have little hope remains that Oda will not be predictable and proves me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    How is Queen going down then if not through Sanji, who is fighting him 1v1 right now lol
    key word : assistance . I don't mind if he lands the final blow but he's simply not worthy of Queen 1vs1

not after he failed to get rid of page one with gear on. it will be straight up embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post

How could the Straw Hats be considered a challenge to the Beasts Pirates, and ultimately the title of Pirate King's crew, if Luffy's "wings" were not on par with Kaido's? BM's commanders got to take on Luffy in WCI because that's the level Luffy was at in that arc. Now we've progressed in the story and it's time for Luffy to level up and for his wings to move up to the level he was on before. It has nothing to do with how strong BM's commanders are compared to Kaido's.
    The difference is bud those guys ( Yonko and their commanders ) have been pirates for decades

they have the right to be superior especially if they're known to dominate the strongest sea in the world, not even the world government dares to expand their rulership there instead they submit and deals with them in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by hideoushorrendous View Post
    key word : assistance . I don't mind if he lands the final blow but he's simply not worthy of Queen 1vs1

not after he failed to get rid of page one with gear on. it will be straight up embarrassing.
    Again, he's fighting him 1v1 right now, so I guess Oda disagrees with you on him not being worthy lol

And lol at bringing up his brief clash with Page One? It was over two weeks since they last fought, was he just supposed to magically stay gone the entire arc?

nah bro
    Yes bro

Luffy with tons of assistance barely defeated 2 sweet commanders and would've died if he was on his own
    You're saying all of this without context which is why its wrong.

Only person Luffy set out to beat was Katakuri.

That Luffy may have got jumped if he wanted to stay and fight and cuz all of the strawhats weren't there is irrelevant.

What logic makes you think Luffy's underlings could match against the sweet commanders ?
    They've all gotten stronger since Dressrosa.

The arc is not done yet, but up so far the BM pirates are stronger which i hope they don't eventually
    Don't see it based on the two different arcs and situations but I know you ppl love your battle scaling.
    Last.fm

Pretty sure Ulti could've done all that had the strawhats not specifically strategized for Luffy to not waste energy on anybody but Kaido.

Instead it took Big Mom to take her down.

Same with thinking the officers are not haki users. That's ignoring whats actually in the story.

I don't see the point of even bringing up Chopper or Brook as if they've defeated any Tobi Roppo.
    Pretty sure based on what? What has Ulti done to justify that?

Nami took her down. She also passed out against Yamato.

Panels of all of them using Haki please.

Brook has been making fun of them, you are right.

Pretty sure based on what? What has Ulti done to justify that?
    Based on how much damage she took from Big Mom and her overall resilience displayed.

Nami took her down.
    After BM softened her up and she did it with Big Mom's homie that was maxe from part of her soul which is why its stronger than most homies.
    She also passed out against Yamato.
    I'd rank Yamato as stronger than the sweet commanders as well (minus Katakuri)

Panels of all of them using Haki please.
    Don't need it.

Ulti, Who's Who, Jack, etc. were enough.

Brook has been making fun of them, you are right.
    I'm right about Brook and Chopper not even fighting any of the Beast pirate officers one on one let alone beating them but if you're talking about what Brook has said, sure he made fun of them. He made fun of the sweet commanders too.
    Last.fm

Based on how much damage she took from Big Mom and her overall resilience displayed.

After BM softened her up and she did it with Big Mom's homie that was maxe from part of her soul which is why its stronger than most homies.

I'd rank Yamato as stronger than the sweet commanders as well (minus Katakuri)

Don't need it.

Ulti, Who's Who, Jack, etc. were enough.

I'm right about Brook and Chopper not even fighting any of the Beast pirate officers one on one let alone beating them but if you're talking about what Brook has said, sure he made fun of them. He made fun of the sweet commanders too.
    How much was it?
    What does resilience have to do with specific powers?

Sure, still shows you donīt need BM power to bring her down. Nami might have taken a few more hits, irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Then you are tripping.

For what were they enough?

Obviously you are right, they have not fought yet.
    Still Brook oneshotted a Number without any problems, the equivalent of BM combatants.
    Which SC did he make fun of?

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

The same Brook and Chopper who are easily disposing of Beast Pirates combatants while joking around were completely helpless in front of Perospero, who is technically the equivalent of the Tobi Roppo.
    I'm really not sure what comparison you're trying to make here as neither of those two characters beat a Tobiroppo. They had plenty of bravado when decimating Big Mom's forces prior to the Perospero encounter. And that's not even mentioning Brook's Treasure Room scene.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

The difference is bud those guys ( Yonko and their commanders ) have been pirates for decades

they have the right to be superior especially if they're known to dominate the strongest sea in the world, not even the world government dares to expand their rulership there instead they submit and deals with them in disguise.
    Luffy and co. don't care bro

Spoiler:

I'm really not sure what comparison you're trying to make here as neither of those two characters beat a Tobiroppo. They had plenty of bravado when decimating Big Mom's forces prior to the Perospero encounter. And that's not even mentioning Brook's Treasure Room scene.

Luffy and co. don't care bro
    No, Brook at least beat a number. What combatants did he beat in WCI? Chopper was matched against Queen so far after taking care of the virus, in WCI he basically did nothing.
    Brook took care of the homie soldiers because thatīs literally his ability, being the only one having a counter against them.
    He easily disposed of a number and several combatants while playing around in Wa No already.

So i donīt know where the claim that the Beast Pirates are so much better comes from.

How much was it?
    A lot
    What does resilience have to do with specific powers?
    Why do you think I'm talking about specific powers?

I was just talking about Ulti being able to do w/e the sweet commanders did. Specifically you mentioning Cracker fighting Luffy.

Sure, still shows you donīt need BM power to bring her down. Nami might have taken a few more hits, irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.
    But Nami did use Big Mom's power (in conjunction with her climatact) to bring down Ulti.

Then you are tripping.
    No. I'm perfectly balanced.

For what were they enough?
    We're talking about them using haki, did you forget?

Obviously you are right, they have not fought yet.
    Still Brook oneshotted a Number without any problems, the equivalent of BM combatants.
    Which SC did he make fun of?
    So what? We're talking about yonkou commanders/officers. Not the numbers and since when are they the equivalent of anything? When was that ststed in the story? Seems like you're just making things up to talk about Brook.
    Last.fm

Discovered Stowaway hideoushorrendous's Avatar

You're saying all of this without context which is why its wrong.

Only person Luffy set out to beat was Katakuri.
    Nami helped him significantly against Cracker

He gassed out and ran away while holding his opponent's sister hostage against Kata ( such a manly gallant act form the future pirate king )

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Again, he's fighting him 1v1 right now, so I guess Oda disagrees with you on him not being worthy lol

And lol at bringing up his brief clash with Page One? It was over two weeks since they last fought, was he just supposed to magically stay gone the entire arc?
    Oda makes a lot of mistakes such as making post time skip Luffy not enough to beat a warlord 1vs1

Cracker couldn't attend the Tea party, Page one however attended the festival unscratched

meaning Sanji's attacks were too soft despite the upgrade and now suddenly he's enough for a calamity? I don't buy it and I surely can criticize it when it happens for obvious reasons.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

No, Brook at least beat a number. What combatants did he beat in WCI? Chopper was matched against Queen so far after taking care of the virus, in WCI he basically did nothing.
    Brook took care of the homie soldiers because thatīs literally his ability, being the only one having a counter against them.
    He easily disposed of a number and several combatants while playing around in Wa No already.

So i donīt know where the claim that the Beast Pirates are so much better comes from.
    Brook is seen taking down BM combatants that aren't homies in Chapter 849 and 876. Not to mention standing against Big Mom in Chapter 851. And obviously he is stronger now.

Chopper doing nothing in WCI is more of a testament to how WCI handled him rather than any real discrepancy in his ability. Not to mention Perospero's powers are wildly different compared to Queen's.

Ultimately, the question is, would Robin, Franky, and Jinbe (who actually fully took on and beat Tobiroppo) be able to challenge and take down Big Mom's stronger child officers (who seem roughly parallel to the Tobiroppo). And I say sure, why wouldn't they? Brook and Chopper aren't included in that so I don't see what all the fuss is about regarding them.

And I personally don't agree with the claim that the Beasts Pirates are better than BM Pirates, that is nonsense. Clearly they are roughly equal; maybe you could make the case that Kaido is slightly stronger individually while Big Mom has the stronger subordinates, but it would only be by a slim margin.
    Last edited by Kaido King of the Beasts; August 12th, 2021 at 01:25 PM.

Spoiler:

Nami helped him significantly against Cracker
    LOL okay.

He gassed out and ran away while holding his opponent's sister hostage against Kata ( such a manly gallant act form the future pirate king )
    Yes cuz pirates are known for their manly gallant acts. Especially Roger.

Oda makes a lot of mistakes such as making post time skip Luffy not enough to beat a warlord 1vs1
    I think your problem is you think all warlords are equal in strength.

Never been stated in the story or implied. The likes of Mihawk, Kuma, Doffy, and Blackbeard clearly differ despite being on the higher end of the spectrum.
    Last.fm

A lot

Why do you think I'm talking about specific powers?

I was just talking about Ulti being able to do w/e the sweet commanders did. Specifically you mentioning Cracker fighting Luffy.

But Nami did use Big Mom's power (in conjunction with her climatact) to bring down Ulti.

No. I'm perfectly balanced.

We're talking about them using haki, did you forget?

So what? We're talking about yonkou commanders/officers. Not the numbers and since when are they the equivalent of anything? When was that ststed in the story? Seems like you're just making things up to talk about Brook.
    Quantify it.

Cracker fought Luffy for 16 hours.
    Proof to me Ulti could do the same, a straightforward request.
    And not your fantasies, but manga panels.

In conjunction with her own, thatīs the key.

Does not seem like it.

And i am asking for what were they enough?
    How is three out of hundreds of Beast Pirates using Haki enough?

Numbers are the combatants of the Beast Pirates, the equivalent of guys like Tamago or Pekoms.

Brook is seen taking down BM combatants that aren't homies in Chapter 849 and 876. Not to mention standing against Big Mom in Chapter 851. And obviously he is stronger now.

Chopper doing nothing in WCI is more of a testament to how WCI handled him rather than any real discrepancy in his ability. Not to mention Perospero's powers are wildly different compared to Queen's.

Ultimately, the question is, would Robin, Franky, and Jinbe (who actually fully took on and beat Tobiroppo) be able to challenge and take down Big Mom's stronger child officers (who seem roughly parallel to the Tobiroppo). And I say sure, why wouldn't they? Brook and Chopper aren't included in that so I don't see what all the fuss is about regarding them.

And I personally don't agree with the claim that the Beasts Pirates are better than BM Pirates, that is nonsense. Clearly they are roughly equal; maybe you could make the case that Kaido is slightly stronger individually while Big Mom has the stronger subordinates, but it would only be by a slim margin.
    Do you know their name? I doubt it. Why is Brook stronger now? Proof for that please.
    849 had random mook who nobody knows and Oda did not bother to introduce. 876 had one additional guy to chess soldiers, and both Brook and Chopper were huffing and puffing.

Why is Chopper doing nothing in WCI and doing nothing here regarded differently?
    When were Queen and Perospero compared in their level?
    There is a reason that despite his experience, his bounty and his power Perospero still is not considered a sweet commander.

And i have not claimed otherwise. I can even see Brook beating a combatant after a heavy fight, something that, except for Luffy, had no time and purpose in WCI.
    Just refuting the claim that Beast Pirates are so much better for some reason, despite Brook and Chopper getting wrecked quickly, yet here Brook is joking around oneshotting the equivalents of combatants and ministers.

Quantify it.
    LOL If Oda doesn't why should I?

You seem to badly want a power scaling discussion in some form. Good luck getting that.
    Cracker fought Luffy for 16 hours.
    "Fought" is pushing it lol.
    Proof to me Ulti could do the same, a straightforward request.
    And not your fantasies, but manga panels.
    Its common sense. I cant make you have it.

In conjunction with her own, thatīs the key.
    You are pretending as if the climatact is some sort of weapon that depends on the user's strength or something.

It does not. Anybody can use it to form a storm cloud that shoots lightning. The only reason the climatact was able to become a more powerful weapon is cuz of Big Mom.

The main reason Ulti loss is cuz of Big Mom.

Does not seem like it.
    I would definitely say the same of you. Your judgement is proving to be incredibly questionable. No reason for me to pay any mind to who you think is tripping.

And i am asking for what were they enough?
    I still don't think you understood what I said.

I said those characters were enough to see that the group are haki users.

So your question doesn't make sense unless you forgot what we were talking about.
    How is three out of hundreds of Beast Pirates using Haki enough?
    We are not talking about hundreds of beast pirates though. We never were.

We're talking about the top officers/commanders. The tobi roppo, Jack, Queen, and King.

Now it really seems like you've forgotten what the topic is. Its strange.

Numbers are the combatants of the Beast Pirates, the equivalent of guys like Tamago or Pekoms.
    So what?

I wasn't talking about them either.
    Last.fm

LOL If Oda doesn't why should I?

You seem to badly want a power scaling discussion in some form. Good luck getting that.

"Fought" is pushing it lol.

Its common sense. I cant make you have it.

You are pretending as if the climatact is some sort of weapon that depends on the user's strength or something.

It does not. Anybody can use it to form a storm cloud that shoots lightning. The only reason the climatact was able to become a more powerful weapon is cuz of Big Mom.

The main reason Ulti loss is cuz of Big Mom.

I would definitely say the same of you. Your judgement is proving to be incredibly questionable. No reason for me to pay any mind to who you think is tripping.

I still don't think you understood what I said.

I said those characters were enough to see that the group are haki users.

So your question doesn't make sense unless you forgot what we were talking about.

We are not talking about hundreds of beast pirates though. We never were.

We're talking about the top officers/commanders. The tobi roppo, Jack, Queen, and King.

Now it really seems like you've forgotten what the topic is. Its strange.

So what?

I wasn't talking about them either.
    I donīt want a discussion at all, i just want your claim substantiated, the claim that you seem to hold without any reason for it.
    Not that hard.

These claims for example:
    This idea that the sweet commanders are somehow better than the lead performers is so weird to me. I guess it's just cuz their arc was all escape from the yonkou while the Beast Pirates have been built up to be defeated.

The way I see it, outside of Katakuri (and maybe Peros) the rest of those guys wouldn't stand a chance against Queen and Jack.

The sweet commanders (minus the obvious) all feel Sasaki level to me.

If any future arc involves beating the BM pirates, the strawhats will curb stomp them.
    The story tells us they fought.

Spoiler:

Stop trying to deflect, talking about common sense.
    You said she can, it has to be based on something.
    If itīs your fantasy, just say so, i wonīt mind.

Yes, and Namiīs usage of it in combination with her weather knowledge has always been treated as irrelevant.
    Only that it hasnīt.

My dude, you claimed something, i asked for proof, and then you started talking about something else, and once again i asked for proof.
    So yes, give me anything to substantiate the views you seem to hold.

"The group are haki users", ehm what?
    Since when is one character of a group having an ability automatically applies to every character in that group?
    Makes no sense whatsoever.

I am very clear about the topic, thank you.
    Half of the F6 did not show Haki, which i pointed out is a stark contrast to the Big Mom Pirates, who had even low level officers, literally weakest kids out of nearly hundred kids, had use Armament Haki.
    So once again, by what metric is having three guys using Haki "enough"?

Last i checked, all the characters mentioned are part of the BM Pirates, who you claimed would get curbstomped, so yes, you were talking about them.

I donīt want a discussion at all
    Ok then no need to quantify it then. It certainly is not the main point.
    the claim that you seem to hold without any reason for it.
    If you're serious about this part then you haven't been paying attention.

I'd suggest you just reread my posts before I bother to reply again.

The story tells us they fought.
    Did you misunderstand my sarcastic statement about you stating they fought for multiple hours?

Or did you not remember what was shown of the fight?
    Stop trying to deflect, talking about common sense.
    Common sense is not a deflection.
    You said she can, it has to be based on something.
    Already did say but it's based on Ulti's showing in the story. Again common sense.

Yes, and Namiīs usage of it in combination with her weather knowledge has always been treated as irrelevant.
    Only that it hasnīt.
    We're not talking about Nami's knowledge of weather though.

You cant have it both ways. You're pretending like the climatact is a reflection of Nami's power as a fighter when its a tool that was ineffective before until through means of Big Mom it became a more powerful weapon.

Nami landing the finishing blow on Ulti has nothing to do with her knowledge of weather.

But I get you'll keep pretending like it is.

My dude, you claimed something, i asked for proof, and then you started talking about something else, and once again i asked for proof.
    So yes, give me anything to substantiate the views you seem to hold.
    This is one of those reread my replies questions cuz I know I did this already.

Think you just couldn't accept it.

"The group are haki users", ehm what?
    The group consisting of individual members are haki users. What is seriously hard to comprehend about that?
    Since when is one character of a group having an ability automatically applies to every character in that group?
    We're not talking about one character though.
    Makes no sense whatsoever.
    If you don't understand, sure.

I am very clear about the topic, thank you.
    Half of the F6 did not show Haki, which i pointed out is a stark contrast to the Big Mom Pirates, who had even low level officers, literally weakest kids out of nearly hundred kids, had use Armament Haki.
    The rest still don't matter. I'm talking about commander to commander.

Saying a kid used haki is irrelevant.
    So once again, by what metric is having three guys using Haki "enough"?
    You seriously still don't understand the statement if this is still the question. I explained it more than one way and you seem to still not get it.

Last i checked, all the characters mentioned are part of the BM Pirates, who you claimed would get curbstomped, so yes, you were talking about them.
    The commanders. That's who I'm talking about.

Not Pekoms.

You managed to quote the post. Identify the topic of my post and still bring up characters that don't matter when it comes to defeating BM's commanders.
    Last.fm

While Pekoms, Tamago and co. have a brain to use and make tactics, the Numbers seem to be lacking that, and are only good for their raw strength.
    Comparing titles is the most useless thing to do... comparison per se is useless...

Best example, why title comparison is useless, would be Garp. While he's a Vice Admiral, we all know that no other Vice Admiral is near his level.
    And while we know why he's just a Vice Admiral, and that he's above that title... it doesn't matter... because his title is... Vice Admiral.

Zoro is also a combatant... doesn't mean you can compare him to Pekoms, Tamago, the Numbers or any other people with that same title...

That's why title comparison is the most useless comparison in all the other bullshit comparisons...

I could make more example for other titles, but I don't want to waste my time with that... so...

"There will be an answer, let it be."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information