+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1,021: Demonio

Default Re: Chapter 1,021: Demonio

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    So, we are four chapters away from the Volume's end.

It's time to speculate end of Act 3 again. Yeah, I've been saying it would happen near every volume end/start since... Volume 99? 98? Lol. But it will happen, be sure of it.
    If we have another pause in the story I really hope we cut to Vegapunk, even if it's just his sillouete. He can explain the marines new weapon and, as a perfect hook, comment on his artificial fruit. Imagine him saying: "Yes, that was a failure because it can't... " cut to adult Momo flying to Onigashima

Quote Originally Posted by Xelloss View Post
    Yes. At this point, I really believe Robin can just sprout limbs or other body parts of a larger size.
    After all, her powers are still "plant-based", and plants grow in size. It's a stretch, but only because sprouting body parts as if they were flowers has always been a stretch.

As Crocodile said, devil fruit powers grow stronger the more you train them: Robin has pushed hana-hana to a new level. It makes sense to me.
    It's an interesting topic because even in this chapter Oda draws the big ones starting out as small ones as they spawn in.

But they obviously fuse seamlessly at some point in the process, as evidenced by the level of detail on the giant face and the ways damage to them is represented on her main body. It's an interesting choice on Oda's part, but I like the flavour it adds. And it scales logically toward combining the small limbs into less human shapes, like the wings and horns.

If the live action version gets this far, the blooming of giant limbs has the potential to be CGI'd up as a truly unholy transmuting of flesh, now that I think about it.

Discovered Stowaway

Loved the chapter, it was the first fight of Robin, where she really got pushed to her limit, Oda also didn't shy away showing a a physical brawl between two female fighters. Robin was never physical hit by Maria but her clone was and therefore she herself got beaten up.

Love the possibility of Momo becoming an adult with a personality of a child. So nothing would change, except he is a fully grown man child, with maybe a bit more physical power but lacking the fighting experience which is needed to be of use against Kaido.

If Momo should become an adult, he may find his way to Tenguyama and claim his fathers sword, Ame no Habakiri and fight against Orochi, finally beheading him for good. This might free up Denjiro and help out in some other fights, or maybe Denjiro at this point is already struggling against Orochi as he is not able to figure out how to kill him for good.

My predictions for the next couple of chapters, kinda obvious whats going to happen from here on out.
    First we will get the conclusion of the other fights which were set up, Killer, Nekomamushi, Kawamatsu, Izou, Denjiro? and Raizo, the rest of the Straw Hats, so Sanji and Zoro. Meanwhile all the other fighters who won their respective fights will gather somewhere on Onigashima. Meanwhile Kaido was able to overwhelm Yamato, Luffy at this point is still not back at Onigashima, he was going with Momo to get Ame no Habakiri from Tenguyama. Kaido will be hold at bay by all the other fighters. Law and Kid manage to hold Big Mom and bay. After that we might get finish Act 3 with Luffy and adult Momo arriving at Onigashima. Yamato was tended by Marco and is again ready to fight again against his/her father.

Finally the legend of Momotaro begins.
    SW-3170-8630-8341

Discovered Stowaway hideoushorrendous's Avatar

So the flying five are all done with zero awakening of their powers ~!

therefore i'm predicting a similar outcome to the lead performers

whatever, guess you don't feel disappointment when u'r used to it.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Quote Originally Posted by hideoushorrendous View Post

It would've been more disappointing if only Black Maria awakened in her fight while the rest didn't.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

So nobody is thinking Robin’s demon form is a Conquerer’s haki thing? Just armament?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what he’s lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    So nobody is thinking Robin’s demon form is a Conquerer’s haki thing? Just armament?
    Are you referring to Zoro? Other than that we haven't seen conqueror's haki create a new form/transformation.

Feels like Oda wants to make a 4th category in haki sometimes.
    Last edited by Zik; August 10th, 2021 at 09:10 PM.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    It's an interesting topic because even in this chapter Oda draws the big ones starting out as small ones as they spawn in.

https://i.imgur.com/m00bqOx.png

But they obviously fuse seamlessly at some point in the process, as evidenced by the level of detail on the giant face and the ways damage to them is represented on her main body.
    Maybe that could be explained just like daisies are "flowers" that are actually made up of hundreds of tiny flowers. Anyway, I'm with you in saying that this evolution of Robin's power doesn't bother me.

NOT EVEN CLOSE, SIR!

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    Are you referring to Zoro? Other than that we haven't seen conqueror's haki create a new form/transformation.

Feels like Oda wants to nake a 4th category in haki sometimes.
    yeah something akin to Zoro as that’s the most apt comparison of some unexplained thing (though I guess Maria didn’t mention anything about an aura and unlike Zoro Robin’s form could just be her transforming her limbs in the shape of demon parts, which seem silly other than for visual flair)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what he’s lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

Considering the only example of an awakened zoan were the prison guards from Impel Down, I don't think the avarage reader would care if any Zoan that pops up can do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelloss View Post
    Maybe that could be explained just like daisies are "flowers" that are actually made up of hundreds of tiny flowers. Anyway, I'm with you in saying that this evolution of Robin's power doesn't bother me.
    Daisies are what?

Wow, today I learned...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Daisies are what?

Wow, today I learned...
    Ermm yes, the actual flowers are the tiny yellow things in the middle
    To add to your surprise, strawberries are composite fruits as well!

NOT EVEN CLOSE, SIR!

Discovered Stowaway hideoushorrendous's Avatar

It would've been more disappointing if only Black Maria awakened in her fight while the rest didn't.
    The squad was treated poorly imo

all i ask for is a proper respect be given to the lead performers

I would be pissed if they gets taken down by the likes of Sanji or Inu, Because that would never happen to the sweet commanders for example, The beast pirates should be at least equal to mama's brats and not lower in everything. such disappointment.

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

I would advise a nice dose of chill pill, because you're about to be disappointed. Queen and King are about to be taken out by Sanji and Zoro for sure, it's just a matter of waiting 2-3 months. Just breathe slowly as it happens. It'll be over soon.

Whenever I see Chriors Flambé avatar and signature, it just brings a big smile to my face I want the Big Mom pirates to arrive and take part in the battle just so someone can kick her big, ballooney butt already lol

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
    Whenever I see Chriors Flambé avatar and signature, it just brings a big smile to my face I want the Big Mom pirates to arrive and take part in the battle just so someone can kick her big, ballooney butt already lol
    Soon! I feel it's coming very soon...
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

I would be pissed if they gets taken down by the likes of Sanji or Inu, Because that would never happen to the sweet commanders for example, The beast pirates should be at least equal to mama's brats and not lower in everything. such disappointment.
    This idea that the sweet commanders are somehow better than the lead performers is so weird to me. I guess it's just cuz their arc was all escape from the yonkou while the Beast Pirates have been built up to be defeated.

The way I see it, outside of Katakuri (and maybe Peros) the rest of those guys wouldn't stand a chance against Queen and Jack.

The sweet commanders (minus the obvious) all feel Sasaki level to me.

If any future arc involves beating the BM pirates, the strawhats will curb stomp them.
    Last.fm

How is Queen going down then if not through Sanji, who is fighting him 1v1 right now lol

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

The order in which the Tobiroppo went down is also my order for how satisfying their fights were. This last one was awesome and a much needed moment for Robin.

I personally wasn't expecting the Tobiroppo to have awakened fruits - it's an element that seems ripe to add flavor to the All-Star fights coming up.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

How could the Straw Hats be considered a challenge to the Beasts Pirates, and ultimately the title of Pirate King's crew, if Luffy's "wings" were not on par with Kaido's? BM's commanders got to take on Luffy in WCI because that's the level Luffy was at in that arc. Now we've progressed in the story and it's time for Luffy to level up and for his wings to move up to the level he was on before. It has nothing to do with how strong BM's commanders are compared to Kaido's.

Spoiler:

This idea that the sweet commanders are somehow better than the lead performers is so weird to me. I guess it's just cuz their arc was all escape from the yonkou while the Beast Pirates have been built up to be defeated.

The way I see it, outside of Katakuri (and maybe Peros) the rest of those guys wouldn't stand a chance against Queen and Jack.

The sweet commanders (minus the obvious) all feel Sasaki level to me.

If any future arc involves beating the BM pirates, the strawhats will curb stomp them.
    Then you should seriously examine what makes you think that since that impression is entirely false.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information