+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Chapter 1,020: Robin vs Black Maria

Default Re: Chapter 1,020: Robin vs Black Maria

Quote Originally Posted by Coookie View Post
    Jump comes out one day later than usual so it stands to reason this shift will also affect spoilers
    16 chars of thanks
    One Piece ,\/,,

Default Re: Chapter 1.020: Robin vs Black Maria

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I don't know about it being an illusion specifically. She's up there swinging Wanyudo around, damaging the environment and lighting fires. Brook would have noticed something if he tried to attack Wanyudo and found nothing there. So there's obviously something physical up on top doing the work, and its physical strength is not insignificant. A web double I could maybe see, but I would have been a lot more receptive to this theory before this chapter came out and we saw her doing so much of the fighting.
    Hmmm, I didn't think about Brook seeing through the illusion. That is a good point you brought there.

Oda's totally willing to break the Zoan rules when the animal doesn't anthropomorphise easily, or if he has a fun idea for something different. Suppose we say the "normal" hybrid form is like Kaido's, with the animal-patterned arms and clawed human hands, a cowling from the nose up and a tail depending on the creature. Then you've got Chopper, whose huge range of forms has none that fit the hybrid expectations (or a fully transformed space); the Boa sisters, whose presumed hybrid modes include full snake torsos with human arms and breasts; the differences between Pell and Marco, with the latter's hybrid mode looking head-to-toe like a humanoid bird, including avian feet replacing his hands, while the former just has wings replace his arms and a tail out the back; or Kaku, who got full-body fur, hooves on his hands, a long neck and a weirdly cube-like set of shoulders.
    Yes, that is true. I mean I do like how this hybrid form looks like on Black Maria, so it is not a bad thing. Though I guess I thought it being an illusion would explain why she looked that way, guess it would be hard to draw a spider zoan in hybrid form, so I guess this works.

Though there's also the weird part with the bottom half having a face. Hmmm. I guess it might go either way. I guess we have to see what happens in the next chapter.

The choice to make Black Maria a spider centaur is not one that stands out to me as a loose end or deliberate hint at something more. I could be wrong of course, but that angle isn't really vibing with me.
    Yeah, with your explanation, I'm like half and half. I see your point and Deicide's point. Honestly, I'm fine with either!

Quote Originally Posted by starlalilymoon View Post
    Yeah, that would make a lot of sense. And it would explain some things like how she covered up her breasts, etc. My memory is a bit bland, but have we seen any such hybrid forms in the past where it looked half human, half animal? I think currently Black Maria might be the only one? I'm still a little iffy on it, but it can work with how Black Maria has her illusion mist.
    My theory is any Zoan user has more or less control degrees over the hybrid form, so while a lot of users prefers to keep the human mouth-mask (maybe for aesthetics or for properly speaking?), some prefers to turn it fully beast (or can't control as much as others). Some instead change only some parts as such as Marco's arms or Black Maria's legs, which turning spider actually means developing eight of them.

What most bugs me is still the secondary face over her lower body, which doesn't have any sense. I still wait for some "it's a devil fruit which ate a devil fruit" thing or the possibility Black Maria ate both a Fruit and a Smile (as much as we know Smile could easily don't fit in the one fruit limit).
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

My theory is any Zoan user has more or less control degrees over the hybrid form, so while a lot of users prefers to keep the human mouth-mask (maybe for aesthetics or for properly speaking?), some prefers to turn it fully beast (or can't control as much as others). Some instead change only some parts as such as Marco's arms or Black Maria's legs, which turning spider actually means developing eight of them.
    I actually really like this theory. Since since hybrid form would be different on people of various builds/sizes/gender/etc. So, it would make sense for me to subconsciously choose what is best for them.

What most bugs me is still the secondary face over her lower body, which doesn't have any sense. I still wait for some "it's a devil fruit which ate a devil fruit" thing or the possibility Black Maria ate both a Fruit and a Smile (as much as we know Smile could easily don't fit in the one fruit limit).
    Yeah, it is really weird. Unless... it is a tattoo of a spider's face to deceive us all!

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    Don't talk spoilers outside the spoiler thread. Edit it, if the mods find out they'll give you a warning and edit your post. Or worse, if it happened before. Edit it before you get their attention.
    I straightly deleted it. Better avoid any problem even editing it. Thank you!
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

Default Re: Chapter 1,020: Robin vs Black Maria

It might be too little too late, buy I still hope that Robin will somehow unlock busoshoku. And for her awakening, I think that her awakening might will be power absorption. Itís like how flowers absorb nutrients from soil. So Robin can recover herself faster, or even better; if she gets hurt, she will absorb enemiesí life force to heal herself.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information