9 9.68%
  • Other

19 20.43%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1,019: Heliceratops

Default Re: Chapter 1,019: Heliceratops

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    Now with how the flying six are going down. I can't help but wonder how the beast pirates are a threat to the Marines. Send nearly half the marines and they would absolutely wreck the Beast pirates.
    The Beast Pirates' strength relies partly on their sheer numbers and the Marines doesn't have Tama to convert the most powerful mooks to their sides. The Strawhats + their allies were struggling until Tama sent out her orders.

There's also the location of Wano. They'd have to invade a foreign land who until that point successfully kept the World Government out of their business for 800 years. It's not just the Beast Pirates they have to deal with, it's all of Wano.

I am more curious to know why Kaidou wanted that fruit specifically.

What properties could it have that it was that important to him.

I also like Yamato's explanation for staying, he couldn't swim and had unfinished business. A far better excuse than, Queen put explosive cuffs on his hands.

Can't really believe that was the end of Franky's fight. I wonder when the Straw Hats will face an actual challenge in the new world. I loved WCI because it was pure survival mode. Big Mom and her kids felt appropriately terrifying for an emperor.

Now with how the flying six are going down. I can't help but wonder how the beast pirates are a threat to the Marines. Send nearly half the marines and they would absolutely wreck the Beast pirates.
    I would like to hear other people's opinion on this either. I would assume Kaido didnt get the fruit so he could eat it himself (as he already has one) and I don't think he acquired it just so he can sell it. So maybe he had someone on his mind already. Maybe one of his calamaties before they had their fruit (Jack?)? Or maybe Yamato's mom, so they would be a couple with the strongest Zoan fruits? Or maybe someone else entirely? (He acquired it for 'Joyboy'?)

I am more curious to know why Kaidou wanted that fruit specifically.

What properties could it have that it was that important to him.

I also like Yamato's explanation for staying, he couldn't swim and had unfinished business. A far better excuse than, Queen put explosive cuffs on his hands.

Can't really believe that was the end of Franky's fight. I wonder when the Straw Hats will face an actual challenge in the new world. I loved WCI because it was pure survival mode. Big Mom and her kids felt appropriately terrifying for an emperor.

The average Gifter alone could take a hundred or so infantry Marines. They're DF users after all, and some were former NW pirates who can use Haki.

Whitebeard's forces were in the 5000-6000 mark. Kaido's crew is 6x that number.
    Last edited by King Cannon; July 19th, 2021 at 06:39 AM.

As Robby brought up, one of the bigger mysteries about Yamato's devil fruit is why the face isn't segmented like most Zoans. I suppose Who's Who begs the same question though...
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    As Robby brought up, one of the bigger mysteries about Yamato's devil fruit is why the face isn't segmented like most Zoans. I suppose Who's Who begs the same question though...
    You man where it should be half fur and half skin essentially?

That's a good point
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

The real answer is prtobably "rule of cool", as Oda likes to try new designs rather than being constrained by rules made 20 years ago.
    In-story, maybe it's because a zoan's form is influenced by the user's personality, so there's lots of variations. The same fruit on different people could have different traits in hybrid form.

After seeing several ways of "customizing" hybrids forms (Lucci's kami-e slim form, Kaku's pasta machine, Sasaki's heliceratops, Chopper's rumble balls, plus whatever awakened zoans are), maybe the hybrids can look even more fluid as the users gets to know better how to use his power.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Ulti also doesn't have it and Black Maria if you want to bring up her weird case.

Yamato looks like a goat too, is there any mythical goat creature?

https://imgur.com/MyjRSWw

I don't knoe why, but everytime I think of Sasaki doing his flying thing, I hear the Moon theme from Ducktales.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Yamato looks like a goat too, is there any mythical goat creature?

https://frenchfoodintheus.org/wp-con...usziege_04.jpg
    Come to think of it there isn't a mythical Ushi Ushi model yet.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I don't knoe why, but everytime I think of Sasaki doing his flying thing, I hear the Moon theme from Ducktales.

Come to think of it there isn't a mythical Ushi Ushi model yet.
    https://yokai.com/hakutaku/
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Quote Originally Posted by Zar View Post
    The Beast Pirates' strength relies partly on their sheer numbers and the Marines doesn't have Tama to convert the most powerful mooks to their sides. The Strawhats + their allies were struggling until Tama sent out her orders.

There's also the location of Wano. They'd have to invade a foreign land who until that point successfully kept the World Government out of their business for 800 years. It's not just the Beast Pirates they have to deal with, it's all of Wano.
    Sure, but I think there are strong Vice admirals and people of Coby's level who can handle them.

As for location, the WG knows exactly what's going on Wano based on the CP0, so they definitely the Wano citizens are in absolutely no position to refuse the Marines help

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    The average Gifter alone could take a hundred or so infantry Marines. They're DF users after all, and some were former NW pirates who can use Haki.

Whitebeard's forces were in the 5000-6000 mark. Kaido's crew is 6x that number.
    I still think the average Vice admiral can take care of a bunch of Gifter by themselves. They too should have access to DF and haki as far as we know.

If Marco can keep Queen and King at bay. I think a single admiral can take all 3 of them on and win convincingly.

Do we know how many marines there are in total? I think they have really big force right? Otherwise it would be impossible to police Grand line, The Blues and New world.

Quote Originally Posted by Riccardo View Post
    I would like to hear other people's opinion on this either. I would assume Kaido didnt get the fruit so he could eat it himself (as he already has one) and I don't think he acquired it just so he can sell it. So maybe he had someone on his mind already. Maybe one of his calamaties before they had their fruit (Jack?)? Or maybe Yamato's mom, so they would be a couple with the strongest Zoan fruits? Or maybe someone else entirely? (He acquired it for 'Joyboy'?)
    I think it must have something to do with Kaidou's love for battle or thirst for death.

Perhaps this is the one zoan that can harm him without using special haki or being killer?

Or he must have known the previous user and held it for sentimental value. Perhaps Xebec's fruit?
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

Loved the Franky vs Sasaki fight. I hope it's not over but if it is, at least the little we saw was pretty good.

I absolutely loathe Yamato's hybrid form though. It's not BAD per se, but it manages to include basically everything i (personally) hate when it comes to character design.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Ulti also doesn't have it and Black Maria if you want to bring up her weird case.
    We see Ulti in full beast form, clearly without it, and in half beast form, still masked up, so I'd say it's hard to tell. Everything is up in the air with Black Maria.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    The real answer is prtobably "rule of cool", as Oda likes to try new designs rather than being constrained by rules made 20 years ago.
    In-story, maybe it's because a zoan's form is influenced by the user's personality, so there's lots of variations. The same fruit on different people could have different traits in hybrid form.
    I do think Oda does this, but I don't think he would be so inconsistent without a reason in this particular case, in the same chapter where Sasaki and Kaido have that design quirk apparent.

After seeing several ways of "customizing" hybrids forms (Lucci's kami-e slim form, Kaku's pasta machine, Sasaki's heliceratops, Chopper's rumble balls, plus whatever awakened zoans are), maybe the hybrids can look even more fluid as the users gets to know better how to use his power.
    This is interesting. It would be fascinating if there was something Yamato figured out about zoan fruits that Kaido doesn't know that allows him to have a more smooth hybrid form.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kurloz View Post
    I'm not sure why Greg's word is being given that much weight. Or if he does have insider information about chapters yet to release why he'd be allowed to tease it on forums without getting fired. Hasn't he been flat out wrong about stuff like traitor Kanjuro?
    To be fair, Byakko and Kirin hold some very recognizable characteristics that should be present even in hybrid form(from what we've seen from others Zoans).

If it was either, we wouldn't be having a discussion at all.

Damn Oda! Why did you gave nine tail fox fruit to someone whom we would see very little of until the final fight.
    Yamato with that fruit would have been epic.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

I'd say Yamato is a Kutabe.

"There will be an answer, let it be."

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Quote Originally Posted by tenchu View Post
    For me Luffy became warlord level after the timeskip. Luffy’s fruit quite frankly has been one of the weakest. Its major natural ability is tanking Blunt force. Luffy being the protagonist have found ways to enhance himself in a way that I don’t think was natural to the fruit but it sort of works. His enhancements has made him a good brawler which fits well with his natural tanking ability. Before the timeskip even though he had the two gears, he just didn’t seem like having that warlord wide range damage causing ability to me or that he posed that great threat. I know he beat lucci and Moira but still it just didn’t feel like he had that you know power threat capability. He was running on a lot of hype. The crocodile fight was ridiculous, never liked that fight and I feel like Luffy shouldn’t have won it without haki.

After the timeskip is when I felt that Luffy had actual tangible power, the type of power that goes beyond being the protagonist, power that powerful people in the manga had. Power to take down 50,000 weaklings because you know I’m a big name, yes a warlord level big name.
    I would disagree cuz devil fruit aside Luffy was still strong enough to beat Crocodile, Lucci, and Moria. Yes his tanking blunt force kept him in fights or made him able to bounce back quicker but as main character I think we both know it's hi. Indomitable will never give up attitude that allows him to keep fighting. In that sense I'd compare him to Garp.

And I get what you're saying even though Luffy may be as strong as them the warlords all seem to have had insta kill type abilities, devil fruit or not; Mihawk has the best swordsman title so he isn't even bound to rules of DFs or restricted from being overpowered. He's cutting huge ships in half and fending off swordsmen with butter knives. Doffy and Kuma can defeat you in seconds, Hancock, Moria, and Croc have instakills basically, Blackbeard and Law have overpowered DF abilities (and I'm not even sure the Marines or WG knew he BB had the darkness DF).

Even ppl who were asked to be warlords like Ace have that quickly defeat you logia ability.

The only ppl who are questionable when it comes to that are Jimbe and Weevil. I assume Oda will give him something close to a had ability. The only reason Jimbe cant do something like control the water in your body and blow you up from the inside is cuz Oda planned to have him be a strawhat and in exchange for that Jimbe comes off on the higher end of stronger warlords with Doffy and Mihawk.

So yeah Luffy by himself doesn't have anything like that and the stretching and tanking blunt force of the rubber DF isn't going to be had in anyway. Even Luffy's fighting innovations haven't given him that and I don't think he'll ever really have that sort of ability. With that said I feel what puts him on that level before the time skip is strength. He's grown in that and has had pretty monstrous strength. The stuff he does post time skip as far as being a big name and taking out a bunch of weaklings seems mostly attributed to haki. His infamy is solely tied to the crazy shit he has done; declaring war on the WG, punching a world noble, being Dragon's son, breaking out of Impel Down, trying to save Ace with Whitebeard, etc. The rest is due to the fake strawhats impersonating him and his crew. It's not like with Moria who many know he can steal your shadow and you basically die or live in darkness forever or Doffy who can control you and make you kill yourself or others, or Crocodile, Hancock, Mihawk, Law, etc.

I feel within the world of OP he was seen as warlord level once the Marines found out he beat Crocodile. Also in a hypothetical situation, I think that if Enies Lobby happened after Thriller Bark Luffy would've been asked to become a warlord the second he beat Moria. Sequence of events get rearranged and I'm pretty sure it'd be Kuma delivering the invitation.

I'm thinking the same about Luffy being warlord level in a scenario where he isn't a rubber man and just human. Oda would pretty much have things be the sane except for the Enel fight where then i just assume Usopp would have some rubber gloves lying around the ship for some reason. Instead of gears Luffy would probably be a bit more like Bam from Tower of God and learn his opponent's fighting styles and techniques so Luffy would've just learned soru and tekkai (and any other rokushiki move he wanted).

With Luffy he doesn't have that threat level word of mouth, its more of when you actually have to fight him and even then his opponent's don't realize it or want to admit it. The fear a warlord instills usually won't be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quichotte De Flamingo View Post
    In my eyes Yamato looks more like a Japanese serow than anything else.
    Love how for the next two weeks everyone is becoming apologists and mythical creature researchers.

Learning about a lot of animals, yokai, and made up monsters I've never heard of before.

Quote Originally Posted by Riccardo View Post
    The who is a mystery but I'm sure Yamato's DF has some really special mythical ability that would make Kaido even more of a force as an emperor.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

I loved that fight and I like the teaser we have for Yamato's DF.

Anyway, my first thought looking at the comments is how much of a shitstorm it will be when "the fights are not over because the tobiroppo will awaken" doesn't happen.

The "5 Acts" theory not happening is still funny to me since not many people still believe in it but I'm really not looking forward to "the fights are actually over" discussion.
    Last edited by fana; July 19th, 2021 at 11:56 AM.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    Damn Oda! Why did you gave nine tail fox fruit to someone whom we would see very little of until the final fight.
    Yamato with that fruit would have been epic.
    I'm pretty sure just like Sanji's name change Oda is going to shy away from the core of his main cast having shared names with previous contemporaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    I'd say Yamato is a Kutabe.
    Oda must have Yamato's extra 7 or 6 eyes shrewdly hidden on his second head.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

What if Yamato’s fruit is a hito hito no mi variant of Goddess Amaterasu ? Can’t she transform into a wolf ?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information