• Other

19 20.43%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1,019: Heliceratops

Default Re: Chapter 1,019: Heliceratops

Quote Originally Posted by crlsdc View Post
    Franky just beated Sasaki without Haki
    According to many, if you're not a Haki or DF user, you're food in the New World. Specifically when fighting those kind of abilities in the NW. This isn't the first or last fight to dispel that logic.

Luffy was beating Haki users before it was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post
    Gotta get it out of my system : Yamato's transformed looks is a *huge* disappointment.

We already have the Minks filling the "badass furry" slot, and that deer-like face isn't even remotely interesting. I was hoping for something more ferocious, why not another dinosaur. Among poll options, the Qilin has more appeal than what we're lookign at. Hell, I would have been fine with a Smile and animal parts growing out in weird places. But this ? ...No. Just, no. I'm not even curious about what kind of power it is, that's how much it killed the mood.
    Yeah I'm not feeling as strongly disappointed as you seem to be, but for me it's a big "meh"" too. I was hoping for a T-Rex and at least accepting of the white tiger, and both options looked cooler than this... skinny dragon-deer thing?

It lacks a "WOW" factor for me. Something Yamato's original appearance had, but this transformation doesn't. Oda put more way work in Kaido's first appearance as a dragon, for example. Or even the calamities.

Haki was never the end-all unbeatable ability. It's a power like any other.

Franky uses technology, Chopper uses medicine, Nami relies on subterfuge, misdirection and elemental attacks.

I think people who doesn't care for something actually martially-oriented would have an extra hard time learning haki, but they can get other types of upgrades. Stronger lasers are as useful as strong haki.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

My thought process on Yamato's fruit that no one asked for:
    Before this chapter I thought Byakko would fit most thematically because of dragon vs tiger myths. But there are no stripes and the ears/tail are wrong so I'm setting that side. My next guesses would be
    1. Kirin. I've seen some people say "there are no hooves" but Dalton didn't have them on his hands either. Also seen the number of horns brought up, but I don't think there's any hard and fast rules that Oda abides by there. Pay Pay loses his horns in his zoan form, Ulti keeps hers, Kaido keeps his original ones in addition to growing normal dragon horns, and Sasaki keeps the same number of horns but they become darker and change shape to be more Triceratops like. Out of all these I think Yamato is most similar to Sasaki, because their horns move position from the sides of the head to the forehead and go from being very curved to more straight.
    The ear shape and placement right besides the eyes also says to me deer/giraffe family more than anything else.
    2. Some sort of dog/fox. The tail is nice and fluffy. Also it'd give Momo a more prominent dog companion for the Momotarou parallel. I originally thought Inuarashi obviously filled the role, but he hasn't been given much emphasis if Oda is really wanting to lean into the myth instead of just giving superficial nods to it.
    3. Koma koma fruit that let's Yamato transform into any amalgamation of the koma species found on Wano.
    I'm not 100% committed to any of these because ultimately the fruit name/species/design all comes down to what Oda thinks looks coolest.

Quote Originally Posted by Coookie View Post
    Greg's comment implied that whatever he really is isn't currently a popular theory, so I'll go with "other".
    I'm not sure why Greg's word is being given that much weight. Or if he does have insider information about chapters yet to release why he'd be allowed to tease it on forums without getting fired. Hasn't he been flat out wrong about stuff like traitor Kanjuro?
    Not even Naruto resorted to time travel

Personally I just wish the strawhat crews isn't completely powerless against logias and other broken DFs outside of M3 + Jinbe really, especially when they would be able to beat people like Caribou otherwise.

Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar

Franky is gonna get a big upgrade from Queen's arsenal.

Can't find anything about Kotobuki. Is it spelled that way?
    “As I stand out here in the wonders of the unknown at Hadley, I sort of realize there’s a fundamental truth to our nature: Man must explore!” – David Scott, Moon

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee1000 View Post
    Franky is gonna get a big upgrade from Queen's arsenal.
    Stretch neck Fuhranky here we come

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    https://yokai.com/kotobuki/
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    The ears and flame things draped around the arms look right but a Kotobuki has a snake tail instead of a fluffy one in all the art I've seen
    Spoiler:
    Not even Naruto resorted to time travel

Quote Originally Posted by Kurloz View Post
    The ears and flame things draped around the arms look right but a Kotobuki has a snake tail instead of a fluffy one in all the art I've seen
    Also, Yamato's lacking the rooster crest, the monkey hands, scales on the neck and tiger stripes.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Discovered Stowaway Galleon Panthera's Avatar

My thought process on Yamato's fruit that no one asked for:
    Before this chapter I thought Byakko would fit most thematically because of dragon vs tiger myths. But there are no stripes and the ears/tail are wrong so I'm setting that side. My next guesses would be
    1. Kirin. I've seen some people say "there are no hooves" but Dalton didn't have them on his hands either. Also seen the number of horns brought up, but I don't think there's any hard and fast rules that Oda abides by there. Pay Pay loses his horns in his zoan form, Ulti keeps hers, Kaido keeps his original ones in addition to growing normal dragon horns, and Sasaki keeps the same number of horns but they become darker and change shape to be more Triceratops like. Out of all these I think Yamato is most similar to Sasaki, because their horns move position from the sides of the head to the forehead and go from being very curved to more straight.
    The ear shape and placement right besides the eyes also says to me deer/giraffe family more than anything else.
    2. Some sort of dog/fox. The tail is nice and fluffy. Also it'd give Momo a more prominent dog companion for the Momotarou parallel. I originally thought Inuarashi obviously filled the role, but he hasn't been given much emphasis if Oda is really wanting to lean into the myth instead of just giving superficial nods to it.
    3. Koma koma fruit that let's Yamato transform into any amalgamation of the koma species found on Wano.
    I'm not 100% committed to any of these because ultimately the fruit name/species/design all comes down to what Oda thinks looks coolest.

I'm not sure why Greg's word is being given that much weight. Or if he does have insider information about chapters yet to release why he'd be allowed to tease it on forums without getting fired. Hasn't he been flat out wrong about stuff like traitor Kanjuro?
    I'd like this idea as well. If not a Qilin, this could work too, as the beast form of Yamato is unknown and can be considered surprising. And there was a a Koma-related species for Tiger too. Imagine Yamato being able to transform into multiple Zoan variants based on the Chinese Zodiac or something to that effect. Ultimate Zoan indeed.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Oda's editor: You know the triceratops probably didn't spin around its frill right? Let alone fly with it?

Oda: Prove it lmao

Spoiler:

Hope that the REAL Red-herring was the Gomu-Gomu fruit, and Yams Devil Fruit actuallly belonged to Joyboy. Calling it now with my Hot-take: The Awakening form makes you a Giant/Kaiju that is why Kaido wants it badly: Over-the-Top High Risk/High Reward.

It's not just about Haki. It's DF users as well. This is why Nami and Franky not becoming users of either just yet is cool.

I'm not too sure what to make of Sasaki's spinning. Can he really move his body as he please like Kumadori and Lucci do for Seimei Kikan or was that added like Queen's mecha body? Either way, it was entertaining. Good on Oda to bring the humor out, despite making Franky hold the fight down with no story substance or at least a newer move. Just compliments to each other about "resilience". Sasaki carries that fight. Even the cheerleaders in the fight carried more weight than Franky.

Franky just dodged and used ingenuity (repetitive method some wanted for Nami smh). Many say Sasaki gets back up, but I don't think so. With Sanji's comment about "firing lasers again and again" along with Franky having to take some time to setup before firing, maybe those are the clues that Franky adds that for a Big Mom, Kaido or other opponent. If that is the case, Franky and Nami got augmentations, while still not showing everything they've learned from the 2 years. Too many ifs to speculate on 1 solid idea tho. It's so scattered.

When it comes to Mythical DF

- I still don't know if that form was a hybrid or not for Sengoku. What is his extra feature outside of transforming, if there is one. Maybe the shockwaves are from him or an ability of the DF? Is there some databook confirmation?
    - I can see there being a hybrid form for Orochi and his escapes from death being tied to another feature.
    - Devon didn't show a clear form of her transformed or hybrid form when flipping. I know the feature is to change into others.
    - Kaido can produce those clouds and his hybrid and reg. transformations are clear.
    - Haven't seen a full hybrid form for Marco. His other feature is known.
    - With Sengoku and Kaido, they become larger than the other users. Is this tied to how long they've had it, becoming better users, or just the size of the transformation? Orochi and Marco's trans. size haven't changed throughout time. Most likely nothing.

Yamato looks cool. I'm more interested in there being another feature. Maybe he can turn into some kind of plasma like how Marco is made of flames in his beast form. That wouldn't even be the extra feature because Marco's flames helping someone outside of himself tells us that. A lot of possibilities for Yamato. Another break week for people to skip over cool ability possibilities to debate pronouns, Chopper overlap, and Nami face.

You know what I find weird and confusing and specially distasteful?. that everyone gets a special type of fruit, well maybe not everyone but many characters and the minute that Luffy’s fruit, which has been a piece of useless garbage for the most part especially compared to other fruits, gets some attention, which probably mean or meant nothing, many posters here were up in arms complaining of how Luffy should not be given anymore special treatment or power ups. The complaints were just ridiculous and nonsense.
    The way Oda treats Luffy in the story is like when your boss is a relative and that relative, to make sure that other employees know that you’re not getting any special treatment, treats you worse than the other employees, this is How Oda has treated Luffy in a lot of the story. I mean you got Ace a fire logia, Blackbeard has two devil fruits, powerful fruits, and I think he’s gonna get a third one. Yamato seems to have some type or rare magical Japanese being fruit. The other employees seem to be treated better than Luffy. Oh but some one mentions guarding Luffy’s garbage fruit: multiple posters: “why Oda, why, isn’t Luffy special enough?”.
    If this Yamato fruit is as magical as we think, it probably has flying ability, fire throwing ability and god knows what else. Imagine Luffy has gotten a fruit like that from the start.

Tenchu is making sense. Even Enel can mold together sharp objects to mess with Luffy. Anyway you flip it, if there was something more special about Luffy's DF compared to others, it hasn't benefit him yet.

There is no Cipher Pol member losing another DF to compare. Comparing the Lucci group's punishment feels off because it isn't fully explained how he got this promotion. Might be the trauma from other series coming to gnaw at some readers lol. I'm for criticism, but the echo chamber that is based more on former series than solid proof from the current story is evident.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmamentHero View Post
    Thanks for the info. Looking at Yamato, I see no Kotobuki and to my surprise, no White Tiger.
    “As I stand out here in the wonders of the unknown at Hadley, I sort of realize there’s a fundamental truth to our nature: Man must explore!” – David Scott, Moon

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAppleJack View Post
    While I won't be too mad if the fights are concluding like this, what gives me a bit of pause is that Oda switches scenes on both the last two fights right when the Tobi Roppo were in the middle of collapsing, instead of getting a DON shot of them lying on the ground defeated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    I think two scenarios are on the table:

1. The Flying Six get back up, all of them, possibly through Awakening.

2. Oda intends to make a collage once every Flying Six is down. I imagine the DON shots you're talking about, with bounty reveals next to them. Basically to hammer home that yes, our crew just defeated the commanders of a Yonkou.
    I'm trying to think back to the Dressrosa fights - Oda did make it clear that the officers were staying down, right? I recall *maybe* Diamante when he was sliced by Kyros as being doubtful...but then, the very next chapter, he slammed his head against Scarlet's tombstone and any doubt banished instantly.

I recall Lao G falling into the chasm Sai created, Machvise flying headfirst into the birdcage, Trebol blowing himself up (lol), Franky and Pink sending each other off in a bro way, Pica also falling into the town after being slashed by Zoro. . .maybe Dellinger is the only one that was so sudden and anticlimactic (specially after he one-shoted like. . .4 of the alliance's top dogs?) that one could've thought "he's getting back up, maybe?". But more than the officers going out in a way that was unmistakably their end, I think these last two fights feel inconclusive because we're lacking the moment when the characters wink at the audience and go "this is over" - steampunk puffer-fish guy being defeated in one punch would make the audience go "he's not done, right?", but then Barto reflects on the fight right after his final blow and that gave it closure, same with Sai, Hajrudin, Franky, Zoro. . .

So yeah, either we have the Awaken chapter (so many people banking on that it's going to be weird when that chapter doesn't exist. . .ever), or Oda's waiting for that collage of "Sasaki, ex-captain of the Kokoro Pirates, bounty: 635M, defeated by Iron Man Franky", meaning the SH's are officialy Yonkou Crew material.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information