9 9.68%
  • Other

19 20.43%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1,019: Heliceratops

Default Re: Chapter 1,019: Heliceratops

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I'm calling either a Kirin/Qilin or a Nine-Tailed Fox.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qilin

"The qilin is depicted throughout a wide range of Chinese art, sometimes with parts of their bodies on fire. On occasion, they will have feathery features or decorations, fluffy curly tufts of hair, as depicted in Ming Dynasty horse art on various parts of the legs, from fetlocks to upper legs, or even with decorative fish-like fins as embellishments, or carp fish whiskers, or scales."

Qilin are also supposed to represent virtues and protection, something which seems to fit Yamato quite well.
    But qilin have hooves, while Yamato has claws on his hands. We can't see his feet, but the way the legs are positioned it looks like a cat's or dog's.

As the article says: "They are always shown with cloven hooves."

I think what makes the qilin a lookalike is the horns, but Yamato's horns are natural, not from her beast form.

Also, he can't be a nine-tailed fox because that one is already taken by Catarina Devon.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

I'm glad Oda's focusing on the different fights in the last handful of chapters as we were getting enough glimpses of them but not enough focus until now. Initially I was a bit bummed out that we're getting a chapter focusing on each battle and its conclusion but that's been the case throughout Once Piece. If Sasaki gets up again I'd love to see Franky remove the 'gloves' from his hands like he did when he fought on the train between Water 7 and Enies Lobby (I don't think we've seen him fight this way since then)). I know Franky's mainly about beams and suplexes but I'd like to see him get a strong hammer or two in there against Sasaki if they have a final round.

Do people reckon this arc will conclude by chapter 1050? Would the arc's end be rushed if Oda tries to wrap it up in the next 30 chapters? (I guess after the Tobi Roppo fights and a little more backstory for Kaidō there's not much more to cover than the commander fights and the final fight between Luffy and Kaidō himself).
    Last edited by Honeyman; July 18th, 2021 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyman View Post
    I'm glad Oda's focusing on the different fights in the last handful of chapters as we were getting enough glimpses of them but not enough focus until now. Initially I was a bit bummed out that we're getting a chapter focusing on each battle and its conclusion but that's been the case throughout Once Piece. If Sasaki gets up again I'd love to see Franky remove the 'gloves' from his hands like he did when he fought on the train between Water 7 and Enies Lobby (I don't think we've seen him fight this way since then)). I know Franky's mainly about beams and suplexes but I'd like to see him get a strong hammer or two in there against Sasaki if they have a final round.

Do people reckon this arc will conclude by chapter 1050? Would the end be rushed if Oda tries to wrap it up in the next 30 chapters? (I guess what the Tobi Roppo fights and a little more backstory for Kaidō there's not much more to cover than the fights between the commanders and Kaidō himself).
    Around 30 chapters is enough to finish fights, but not to include the epilogue, IMO.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

While I won't be too mad if the fights are concluding like this, what gives me a bit of pause is that Oda switches scenes on both the last two fights right when the Tobi Roppo were in the middle of collapsing, instead of getting a DON shot of them lying on the ground defeated.

Discovered Stowaway Galleon Panthera's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    But qilin have hooves, while Yamato has claws on his hands. We can't see his feet, but the way the legs are positioned it looks like a cat's or dog's.

As the article says: "They are always shown with cloven hooves."

I think what makes the qilin a lookalike is the horns, but Yamato's horns are natural, not from her beast form.

Also, he can't be a nine-tailed fox because that one is already taken by Catarina Devon.
    Its to note that the horns of Yamato's normal self have also changed in the Hybrid form, having moved into the forehead and have grown longer like a Qilin.

Both fights have been great so far to me, but I'm with you Honeyman in that I'd love to see Franky and Sasaki participate in fisticuffs as well. I'm chomping at the bit now for Brook and Robin vs Black Maria.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

No matter what the fruit will be. I still find the look mediocre at best... Looks like a Pokemon or something

Yeah it isn't a great look for him.

Was hoping for something more feral looking

I think Yamato's hybrid form has left me with a more positive first impression than Kaidos.

Though a little more feral looking would of been better.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    No matter what the fruit will be. I still find the look mediocre at best... Looks like a Pokemon or something
    Pokemons are cool you know.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Pokemons are cool you know.
    But not all... And dunno if m fitting in OP

Lol the poll, I have no idea what these «*animals*» are, except for fox of course.
    Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

Yamato fruit predictions :

Hito Hito no mi : model Mink

Ancient Kirin

He kinda looks like a docile deer or something.

Doesn't synch up to the fangs he had before with Saski

Discovered Stowaway Galleon Panthera's Avatar

Im doubling down on Qilin. I have been looking at various depictions of how the creature is drawn, and the results are pretty surprising. Some appear as deer-like, and others appear with a leonine-like face. Even if its not exactly the Qilin of legend, the creature can be something similar to one, as its allows a lot of artistic freedom. The fact that Oda showed off the Hybrid form first just gives more questions than answers and keeps us talking.

And that is good.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAppleJack View Post
    [...]what gives me a bit of pause is that Oda switches scenes on both the last two fights right when the Tobi Roppo were in the middle of collapsing, instead of getting a DON shot of them lying on the ground defeated.
    I think two scenarios are on the table:

1. The Flying Six get back up, all of them, possibly through Awakening.

2. Oda intends to make a collage once every Flying Six is down. I imagine the DON shots you're talking about, with bounty reveals next to them. Basically to hammer home that yes, our crew just defeated the commanders of a Yonkou.

Gotta get it out of my system : Yamato's transformed looks is a *huge* disappointment.

We already have the Minks filling the "badass furry" slot, and that deer-like face isn't even remotely interesting. I was hoping for something more ferocious, why not another dinosaur. Among poll options, the Qilin has more appeal than what we're lookign at. Hell, I would have been fine with a Smile and animal parts growing out in weird places. But this ? ...No. Just, no. I'm not even curious about what kind of power it is, that's how much it killed the mood.
    Last edited by Seafarer33; July 18th, 2021 at 11:54 AM.

Franky just beated Sasaki without Haki

His pride in being one of the flying six kept him from blacking out after the gaoh cannon, and then he says something along the lines of if i'm going down i'm taking you with me. Doesn't sound like i still have more to give mid-point talk to me, so i'm gonna say that he's down for the count

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    His pride in being one of the flying six kept him from blacking out after the gaoh cannon, and then he says something along the lines of if i'm going down i'm taking you with me. Doesn't sound like i still have more to give mid-point talk to me, so i'm gonna say that he's down for the count
    I agree, also… Steal his screw sword Franky!

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I think there is more between them though besides fighting to wrap up with a bow. It is almost too clear … too apparent to not be true that Tom and Kokoro are Sasaki’s biological parents.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Tom clears his desk of all his paperwork including the plans to pluton and throws Kokoro on top of it. Choo choooo “ Kokoro says lustfully.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information