+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Live and let die - A Mafia and DnD crossover

Default Re: Live and let die - A Mafia and DnD crossover

Monet not getting through despite writing out the whole plan has a real school group project vibe to it. Thanks for looking for something for us, Hannyabal. Hopefully we can figure something out to get past here.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegadesoul View Post
    THE HOGYOKU TROLLED AIZEN IN THE END, its a FITTING TRAGIC yet a bit COMIC PSEUDO ENDING FOR HIM.

Hannya-boy... we seem to have made it. But I can’t stand to leave any more friends behind.

What do you say about making a final stand against the dragon to draw its attention away and then making a run for it once the others make it across the ridge?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Buggy-boy says that we didn’t bring anything of value for the others with us, but I refuse to see my own life and body as useless in this situation.

Ayyy Bon-Chan, does "Dragon" also bring back fond memories for you?

THE HOGYOKU TROLLED AIZEN IN THE END, its a FITTING TRAGIC yet a bit COMIC PSEUDO ENDING FOR HIM.

Chief Warden of Yo Mama Jabberwok's Avatar

I'd happily provide a distraction, but given that we're where they need to go and we can't get anywhere else I don't know how we could arrange that.

I guess we could bust the window out as a starting point? If Batman and Monet could make a rope, they could chuck it to us and we can anchor it. Swing over quickly and we haul them up fast.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Quote Originally Posted by SkullJoke View Post
    Ayyy Bon-Chan, does "Dragon" also bring back fond memories for you?
    Fond? I don’t know about that...

Let’s just say that I find this dragon no more frightening than a hydra.

Jk, I've mixed myself up on the layout again. They could still pass more smoke bombs to us or something though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    I'd happily provide a distraction, but given that we're where they need to go and we can't get anywhere else I don't know how we could arrange that.

I guess we could bust the window out as a starting point? If Batman and Monet could make a rope, they could chuck it to us and we can anchor it. Swing over quickly and we haul them up fast.
    I’ll jump down and face the dragon myself, if need be.

But I do believe that your plan is worth a try.

Un... Deux... Trois!!!

Try: Kick at the small opening to break it wider

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbycide View Post
    Try: Kick at the small opening to break it wider
    Nope, not happening.

Also, you guys can't distract the dragon, you are too far away. Going back will mean facing the dragon again, which is not happening either.

In short, all you guys can do is proceed onwards. It's unfortunate, but Monet and Batman must either overcome this by themselves, or become casualties.
    Last edited by kmohyudin; September 3rd, 2021 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Am I being a party pooper?? Yes?? OMG @@!!
    Will give life altering advice for a cup of frothy cappuccino

Fond? I don稚 know about that...

Let痴 just say that I find this dragon no more frightening than a hydra.
    Fond memories of....

Hidden:
    Dragon Deez Nuts, lmao gottem

plz don't lynch me if I make it across, thanks

Hannyabal waves his Kessui encouragingly

Question: Has the terrain or equipment changed at all due to our previous actions?

Hannyabal and Bon Clay... you should probably... live and let die

Oooh title drop! Always wanted to do that!

Question: Has the terrain or equipment changed at all due to our previous actions?
    Nope. Also, for your earlier question, your stats are the same as they were yesterday. (Morning, not night, meaning the stealth +1 and perception -1 adjustment you received at night no longer applies).

Your willpower is unaffected as well. Your failure got you down, but seeing others succeed has given you a willpower boost, canceling the adverse effect.

I got a +1 stealth from coal, +1 willpower from treasure, but - 1 willpower from failing my sneaking across the ridge.

Ok, here are my stats, let's see what we can do. Honestly, because of my low willpower, I'm not very hopeful of getting out of here, even if we do manage to clear the dragon. So if comes down to only one of us getting across, I think it should be you, Monet.

Perception 1
    Craft 3
    Athletics 4
    Stealth 5
    Willpower 2

Crazy idea, since we're in the same scenario again, what if we do the same plan again?

Try: Give inspiring speech

Try: Cheer with so much enthusiasm and vigor that it must be seen to be believed

Try: Cheer with so much enthusiasm and vigor that it must be seen to be believed

Quote Originally Posted by kmohyudin View Post
    You all come back to the big clearing. You notice a lot of rubble along the walls. There were also what seemed like some man made objects, a small wooden pole, some burnt up torches, some hard elongated pieces of rocks, and other stuff... Before this room, you didn't particularly notice any sign of civilization, but this place seemed like it was used for mining.

Hmm wonder if we can come across any mining equipment hidden or buried.

Try: Craft Quartz into Lens

Try: Digging desperately (we seemed to be quite good at it on the first day)

Quote Originally Posted by kmohyudin View Post
    If Monet and Batman want, they can try a new strategy in 24 hours, otherwise, they will be presumed dead.
    In 24 hours or within 24 hours?

I'm assuming it's the latter

Ok, here are my stats, let's see what we can do. Honestly, because of my low willpower, I'm not very hopeful of getting out of here, even if we do manage to clear the dragon. So if comes down to only one of us getting across, I think it should be you, Monet.
    Don't worry, we aren't out of this yet! In each calculation, there's a fifty percent chance that our willpower becomes a negative modifier.

Low willpower means a more consistent but middling score. We may have an extremely difficult time with large checks (like the athletics check at the end of our previous attempt), but when it comes to small checks our low willpower could be a blessing in disguise.

Keep in mind that the athletics check in our last attempt was set at seven after the coal fuse failed to light. The most crucial element of our plan failed due to bad luck, but I think as long as we consistently pass the early checks, we can lower the final threshold enough to conquer it.

Crazy idea, since we're in the same scenario again, what if we do the same plan again?
    I think our last plan was solid, but I would make a few modifications to increase our odds.
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧 she/her 覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Quote Originally Posted by Xasy View Post
    In 24 hours or within 24 hours?

I'm assuming it's the latter
    Yep, within 24 hours.

or ~2 hours from this post.

In preparation, I attempt to craft the moss shoe pads to silence our footsteps. I also attempt to make two sheets of moss large enough to hide under, two small moss knapsack, and I place our remaining smokebombs in the coal room.

For our attempt, I will fill the small knapsack with coal (or take as much as I can carry), sneak onto the ridge, and continue the coal fuse as far as it can go. At that point I will lay down on my stomach and partly cover myself with the moss sheet before lighting the fuse. Afterwards I'll cover myself fully and slowly crawl my way down the rest of the path as quietly as possible. If the coal room explosion works, gas from the smoke bombs will hopefully sedate the dragon as it investigates. Either way, I'll continue my way down the path as slowly and quietly as possible.

Batman is free to join me in this attempt if he would like. Although if he doesn't make it in time, I will attempt it alone.
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧 she/her 覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Quote Originally Posted by Xasy View Post
    In preparation, I attempt to craft the moss shoe pads to silence our footsteps. I also attempt to make two sheets of moss large enough to hide under, two small moss knapsack, and I place our remaining smokebombs in the coal room.

For our attempt, I will fill the small knapsack with coal (or take as much as I can carry), sneak onto the ridge, and continue the coal fuse as far as it can go. At that point I will lay down on my stomach and partly cover myself with the moss sheet before lighting the fuse. Afterwards I'll cover myself fully and slowly crawl my way down the rest of the path as quietly as possible. If the coal room explosion works, gas from the smoke bombs will hopefully sedate the dragon as it investigates. Either way, I'll continue my way down the path as slowly and quietly as possible.

Batman is free to join me in this attempt if he would like. Although if he doesn't make it in time, I will attempt it alone.
    As far as I can tell, all of the activities are being carried out by you?

If Batman does indeed join you, I will need them to describe what it is they do, even if it is something as simple as "I want to tag along" in which case I will just put that one activity to an RNG check. Of course it can be more complex than that.

Do you want to maybe put a time limit to when you want to carry out the plan either way?

Try: Craft moss shoe pads, large moss sheets, moss knapsacks, smoke bombs.
    Place smokebombs in coal room.
    Continue coal fuse.
    Cover self in moss sheet and light fuse.
    Cover myself fully and sneak down the path towards the exit.

My actions are basically a second chance if any of Monet's don't go through or, if they both work, perhaps give a stronger effect

In any case, if the diversions fail and the dragon is after us I jump flashily into the pit and hopefully allow Monet to escape

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information