+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Live and let die - A Mafia and DnD crossover

Default Re: Live and let die - A Mafia and DnD crossover

Does my bat-vision deceive me? Or is that a secret tunnel?

Try: Sneak into small tunnel in the southeast

Quote Originally Posted by Renegadesoul View Post
    THE HOGYOKU TROLLED AIZEN IN THE END, its a FITTING TRAGIC yet a bit COMIC PSEUDO ENDING FOR HIM.

I also noticed a small room to the northeast, but I'm hesitant.

I assume Hannyabal will have noticed one to the northwest.

This seems like it could be a trap to split us up.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Suddenly I have a very strong feeling that we're going to be forced into a Prisoner's Dilemma sort of situation before we get out of here.
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧 she/her 覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Chief Warden of Yo Mama Jabberwok's Avatar

Bingo, there's indeed a small room to the northwest.

It doesn't look especially interesting though. Try: Investigate the room to the northeast. Maybe I can get both rooms if I'm fast enough!

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Well I guess we're doing this.

Try: Investigating the opening to the northwest

Quote Originally Posted by Xasy View Post
    I also noticed a small room to the northeast, but I'm hesitant.

I assume Hannyabal will have noticed one to the northwest.

This seems like it could be a trap to split us up.

Suddenly I have a very strong feeling that we're going to be forced into a Prisoner's Dilemma sort of situation before we get out of here.
    Shoot, I shouldn't have been so hasty.

I was so excited to finally find something.

Well, maybe I'll fail my attempt

THE HOGYOKU TROLLED AIZEN IN THE END, its a FITTING TRAGIC yet a bit COMIC PSEUDO ENDING FOR HIM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbycide View Post
    Try: Investigate indentation and treasure box for traps
    It seems safe. You also think it would be relatively easy to open, no craft check necessary!

Quote Originally Posted by SkullJoke View Post
    Try: Sneak into small tunnel in the southeast
    You sneak into the small tunnel... after a bit of winding and sliding, you reach the end. You find a huge deposit of coal. Maybe this can be used to increase the your and your teammates stealth. Don't forget to also give it to Buggy-sama too!! There is a lot of it, no need to be shy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    Try: Investigate the room to the northeast.
    You barely slide into the small room. It's a hard fit, in fact some of your absolutely beautiful body hangs outside because of the smallness of the room. While there is nothing of interest inside the room, you find a small window that allows you to see the other side... As you glance through the window, twisting about in order to get a better view, you notice something that makes you almost cry...

Is that light coming in from above? Is that really the exit to the dungeon...? You can't really see all that well due to the unnatural position you have put yourself into... But the exit is high up, and you will require to make a series of dangerous looking jumps to reach it. Not everyone will be brave enough to do it...

Try: Investigating the opening to the northwest
    There is a large horizontal crack in the wall that you can use to look at the other side. You start by looking at your left. You notice a path leading from below, perhaps it's the one you didn't choose, you notice that there are things glimmering and shining at the other side... loot you conclude, too bad you missed it, might have been something useful. Oh well, no way to go back there now.

As you scan across the crack moving right, you watch as the other route seem to converge towards the exit to this clearing, and just across from the convergence point, you notice a rather large pit, with a small ridge moving across the wall to the far right of the room. The ridge seems like you will be able to walk on it, and it moved with the wall, curving to the right, and disappearing from your sight after a little while. There were some rocks hanging above the ridge, that seemed just barely hanging there.

Just below the ridge, towards the pit side of the room, i.e. the left side of the ridge, you see what appears to be magma flowing slowly towards you. It wasn't really glowing too much, but you can see steam coming off it, and even from this distance, you can feel the heat radiating from it. It was dangerous, and can kill any living thing in a matter of seconds.

As you kept scanning, you eyes settled in the pit. You let out a small shriek as you notice what was in there... Could it really be... a Dragon? It was sleeping at the moment... but suddenly you felt it.. a deep and soft growling as the dragon breathed... There was no way you can fight this thing, it's not a matter of having weapons' or not, if the dragon spots you, you are dead. No ifs and buts about it. You need to find a way to get across the dragon safely.
    Will give life altering advice for a cup of frothy cappuccino

Hey guys I think we're in an escape room.

Try: Investigating the room to the southwest

You all come back to the big clearing. You notice a lot of rubble along the walls. There were also what seemed like some man made objects, a small wooden pole, some burnt up torches, some hard elongated pieces of rocks, and other stuff... Before this room, you didn't particularly notice any sign of civilization, but this place seemed like it was used for mining.

You now need to come up with a strategy to move through the pit. However, the calculations will be different in the next room. We will use the following formula:

Success = Stat + Willpower x Random[-1.6 to 1.6].

As you can see, there will be a greater variance of results, the threshold of various actions you can do will also be considerably higher, in the 7 to 10 range. Since there are four of you alive, you will get four chances to move across, but every time you lose, you will all lose a point of willpower.

Try: Investigating the room to the southwest
    There is no room in that direction. All you can see is a treasure box, but Bon Clay is blocking it.

Oh and there is also an exit from this area, apart from the various rooms. That exit leads to the room with the dragon.

Try: Bring treasure chest with me back to the party without opening it

Anyone with really good eyes want to double check this thing for traps?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbycide View Post
    Try: Bring treasure chest with me back to the party without opening it
    Alright

Quote Originally Posted by kmohyudin View Post
    You all come back to the big clearing. You notice a lot of rubble along the walls. There were also what seemed like some man made objects, a small wooden pole, some burnt up torches, some hard elongated pieces of rocks, and other stuff... Before this room, you didn't particularly notice any sign of civilization, but this place seemed like it was used for mining.

You now need to come up with a strategy to move through the pit. However, the calculations will be different in the next room. We will use the following formula:

Success = Stat + Willpower x Random[-1.6 to 1.6].

As you can see, there will be a greater variance of results, the threshold of various actions you can do will also be considerably higher, in the 7 to 10 range. Since there are four of you alive, you will get four chances to move across, but every time you lose, you will all lose a point of willpower.
    I have a few questions.

What are we trying to move through? The dragon room?

Do our strategies impact the calculations we use in any way other than determining the stat used? Is that what the check for success is determined by?

And lastly are we doing this calculation as a group? I'm a bit confused by us having four tries.

Try: Disengaging the obviously trapped chest

What are we trying to move through? The dragon room?
    yes you are.

Do our strategies impact the calculations we use in any way other than determining the stat used? Is that what the check for success is determined by?
    yeah I need to explain this a bit more. There are various ways you can move through the room. Just moving ahead will get you def killed. So, for example you can move with stealth, etc. Anyway, this is a pretty open scenario, I have tried to describe everything that is available as much as I can, and you can use it however you want, in order to move through safely.

I have deliberately chosen not to give you a simple, yeah do this, and let the odds decide, method. Be creative in how you will face the adversary, and I will be here, running the numbers....

And lastly are we doing this calculation as a group? I'm a bit confused by us having four tries.
    Yeah, suppose you come up with a way, you give it a shot and fail at the calculation. Like try moving stealthily, but fail. That would be one try. You will all lose one point in willpower and can try again, instead of dying outright. Calculation wont be done as a group, but rather with whoever attempts it.

I encourage you to read through the description, and think of what ways you can get across.

Try: Disengaging the obviously trapped chest
    You didn't find any traps...

Bad day for me to be out

Anyway,

Try: Bring back coal for everyone

With a boost from coal, I could have 5 stealth.

Maybe that can be useful for sneaking past the dragon?

Since we need to know everything we're working with to come up with an optimal strategy for this room, how would everyone feel about revealing their full stats now?

I'll begin by sharing mine of course:

Perception: 3
    Craft: 4
    Athletics: 2 (+1 with the ivy gloves, which I'm still willing to lend if needed)
    Stealth: 4
    Willpower: 4

Perception 1
    Craft 3
    Athletics 4
    Stealth 4
    Willpower 2

Bad day for me to be out

Anyway,

With a boost from coal, I could have 5 stealth.

Maybe that can be useful for sneaking past the dragon?
    I don't believe the items in the room will do anything as simple as a stat boost.

It seems like we're being encouraged to think of creative solutions, which lowers the check we need to pass.

Oh I should

Try: Opening the chest

Are you planning to use it, or just bringing it back?

Try: Opening the chest
    You opened the box... and...

Buggy: Is that.. is that... Captain John's treasure?? GIVE IT TO ME!!!!!!!!

Monet, if you keep all the treasure to yourself, you will get a guaranteed +1 to your willpower. If you decide to distribute, everyone will get a random[0 or 1] boost to their willpower.

Quote Originally Posted by kmohyudin View Post
    Are you planning to use it, or just bringing it back?
    Try: rubbing coal on everyone

I distribute it.

Oh I just remembered I still have my ivy

Try: Make ivy gloves

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information