+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Live and let die - A Mafia and DnD crossover

Default Re: Live and let die - A Mafia and DnD crossover

Now that we know that a players "guilt" is tracked and revealed when a player dies, I could certainly see "acting strange" being an indication of guilt rather than the actions you took that night.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Hannybal, looking back on your report from when you failed to watch me, how well does "wandering in circles" seem to match up with Buggy's description of your failure?
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧 she/her 覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Also, did anyone else successfully follow someone who failed a watch and get a similar message to mine?

Quote Originally Posted by Renegadesoul View Post
    THE HOGYOKU TROLLED AIZEN IN THE END, its a FITTING TRAGIC yet a bit COMIC PSEUDO ENDING FOR HIM.

I don't think anyone else has even claimed to successfully follow someone. Last night I failed at stealing and the other two both watched.

I would also like to say that Batman's suggestion for the rest of us to sleep, which he suggested makes one more susceptible to kills, makes me reluctant to try to sleep if he's still here tonight.
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧 she/her 覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

There is one thing I would like to check with everyone:

Bat-boy has claimed to have low Willpower, but that it increased last night. I知 assuming that his Willpower is around 2.

Snowy-girl has claimed to have high Willpower, which should make it at least 4.

My Willpower is 3. Un, Deux, Trois!

Hannya-boy has not mentioned his own...

My only other guess at the strange read is that it comes up for those who have low Willpower, regardless of their guilt.

My willpower is actually 1 now

I thought we all started off with 0..

I also thought only Day actions increased it but, my Sleep did whereas my Following did not.

Quote Originally Posted by Xasy View Post
    Now that we know that a players "guilt" is tracked and revealed when a player dies, I could certainly see "acting strange" being an indication of guilt rather than the actions you took that night.
    Hmm yes, does sound quite plausible. But I assure you, all I did was Follow one night, and Sleep the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbycide View Post

My only other guess at the strange read is that it comes up for those who have low Willpower, regardless of their guilt.
    That would be very weird and misleading, I think.

Today's "acting strange" accusation makes no sense to me. The only explanation I can think of is that you're making it up. Wouldn't have been hard to pull off, I think, particularly if you waited for everyone else's "strange" reports first.

THE HOGYOKU TROLLED AIZEN IN THE END, its a FITTING TRAGIC yet a bit COMIC PSEUDO ENDING FOR HIM.

You implied the same thing yesterday when Snowy-girl accused you because of the strange read that she got.

Was she making it up, too?

Honestly, since I'm the only one whose "strange action" was triggered by a Follow, I can see how my story seems sketchy. I would suspect me if I weren't me

I'd really like to believe acting strange is a consequence of a previous night only, since then I could be vindicated if someone watched or followed me. (or did my action and found similar results) But with the lasting guilt theory, regardless what I do in the night, I cannot prove my innocence.

Chief Warden of Yo Mama Jabberwok's Avatar

Hannybal, looking back on your report from when you failed to watch me, how well does "wandering in circles" seem to match up with Buggy's description of your failure?
    I was told I searched for you for a while but couldn't find you, given that it's hard to see things at night.

I'm also unclear if Queen's death this morning was the result of someone else's actions or if he was simply the one who rolled lowest on Athletics. If it's the latter, I don't see much point in Lynching someone today.

It's also possible that any change in Willpower will trigger an "acting strange" read. Though if Batman's Willpower is just 1, I'm surprised more of us didn't get an alert on him today.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    I was told I searched for you for a while but couldn't find you, given that it's hard to see things at night.

I'm also unclear if Queen's death this morning was the result of someone else's actions or if he was simply the one who rolled lowest on Athletics. If it's the latter, I don't see much point in Lynching someone today.
    My failed watch report from last night was very similar.

From the introduction to this morning, I think that it’s pretty clear that Queen just failed the athletics check. That said...

You don’t think that we should worry about the strange read on Batman, given that the only two others who gave them are confirmed guilty?

It's also possible that any change in Willpower will trigger an "acting strange" read.
    This is very unlikely, because my Willpower increased from 2 to 3 over the course of the first night.

Hannya-boy, you should be able to confirm the style of Batman’s claimed report from Night 1, I think.

You watched me last night, right?

Hannya-boy, you should be able to confirm the style of Batman’s claimed report from Night 1, I think.

You watched me last night, right?
    I did. My report said that you were hunched over the ledge the whole night, not moving. That seems odd to me if you were watching Batman, who was allegedly sleeping.

I did. My report said that you were hunched over the ledge the whole night, not moving. That seems odd to me if you were watching Batman, who was allegedly sleeping.
    My report says that I tried to watch Batman, but could not find him despite my best efforts. And not to feel too badly about it.

Sounds more like someone who successfully watched, no?

A failed watch is more stumbling about in the dark

takes a fighting stance

I don’t appreciate you trying to discredit my report, Bat-boy...!

Personally, I would think that a failed follow entails moving about. Watching feels more stationary.

I can't make any sense of a strange read on me today.

1) The only stealth activity I engaged in was yesterday. Today I slept, which Buggy pretty much revealed, and if anyone else attempts it later, they can back up my report on its effects.

2) Supposing I did attempt a murder a night ago, would it make sense that the guilt is still lingering? Attempted murder seems to be a lighter guilt level than successful murder* (red vs bold red)

3) Supposing I did attempt a murder either of the nights, whom did I try to attack? As nobody has been able to watch me successfully, we can surmise my stealth is pretty good. So if I tried but failed to kill someone, they would have to have 1) very high Athletics to beat my Stealth and 2)not have been watched successfully. Does anyone fit that description?

4) I believe Hannyabal's perception is pretty good. How did he (and Monet) not get any read of me today, when I had no willpower in the night?

5)Mr Two-Face's failed Watch report is a rehash of Ms Frost's failed Follow report from yesterday. However, and please correct me if I'm wrong Hannyabal, Hannyabal's failed Watch report was more akin to stumbling around in the dark.

In my messages about failing to following Nami, Buggy said things along the lines of "It's okay. You tried your best." and "It's really difficult to follow someone in the dark"

(These are paraphrased by the way)

Even then, I'm not sure. My fail message from the previous night actually mentioned me attempting to follow Monet and not finding her, so I'm wondering if there was maybe a slight mix-up there. Either way, I'm hesitant to read too much into it.

Quote Originally Posted by SkullJoke View Post
    I can't make any sense of a strange read on me today.
    I'm still of the opinion that you're either guilty because of an attempted kill on night 1 and/or night 2, or I got the report simply because your willpower is low. If Hannya-boy could let us know what his willpower is, it might clear up the second option.

1) The only stealth activity I engaged in was yesterday. Today I slept, which Buggy pretty much revealed, and if anyone else attempts it later, they can back up my report on its effects.
    I'm not sure that Buggy's introduction implies that you must have only slept last night. For example, I lost a different amount of ability points on nights 1 and 2, even though I attempted the same action each time. There might be a chance that you lose no points, even if you perform an action.

2) Supposing I did attempt a murder a night ago, would it make sense that the guilt is still lingering? Attempted murder seems to be a lighter guilt level than successful murder* (red vs bold red)
    Yes, it would make sense that the guilt remains, in my opinion. You're right that the bold font does seem to indicate a greater level of guilt... but that only makes sense if Miss Catburglar actually was the murderer. Maybe you were the murderer and the bold font doesn't mean anything at all. This would still mean that Nami-chan attempted murder on night 1, though.

3) Supposing I did attempt a murder either of the nights, whom did I try to attack? As nobody has been able to watch me successfully, we can surmise my stealth is pretty good. So if I tried but failed to kill someone, they would have to have 1) very high Athletics to beat my Stealth and 2)not have been watched successfully. Does anyone fit that description?
    I do. My athletics is high, and no one watched or followed me on night 1.

4) I believe Hannyabal's perception is pretty good. How did he (and Monet) not get any read of me today, when I had no willpower in the night?
    I think that Nami-chan may have been lying about getting a strange read on Queen yesterday. If that's the case, then each of you, Nami-chan, and Queen gave a strange read to only one other player. I did not get a strange read on Queen yesterday, but my watch report was enough for me to know that he had been up to no good.

5)Mr Two-Face's failed Watch report is a rehash of Ms Frost's failed Follow report from yesterday. However, and please correct me if I'm wrong Hannyabal, Hannyabal's failed Watch report was more akin to stumbling around in the dark.
    Yes, my failed report from last night does sound a lot like what Miss Harpy said her's sounded like.

I'm not entirely sure what to make of all of this. I'm pretty sure that I'll survive another night because of my Athletics score, so I'm not really worried about getting murdered. But there are some skills that I don't really have high scores in, and I'd like not to have to lose any other members of the group who should be able to perform those tasks in my place.

Even then, I'm not sure. My fail message from the previous night actually mentioned me attempting to follow Monet and not finding her, so I'm wondering if there was maybe a slight mix-up there. Either way, I'm hesitant to read too much into it.
    Hmmm Bon Clay did also mention not being able to find me.

Gives credibility to his failed Watch report
    And as my stealth is high, a Watch probably would have failed

But the strange read still makes no sense to me.

Alright, well. This discussion doesn't seem to be getting us very far, and it's definitely not going to help us find any sustenance.

What's that, you say? I sound like I'm hungry? Stop jokin' around~~~!

spin spin spin

Try: Search high and low for anything to eat... maybe there's fruit on this ivy?

I'm not sure that Buggy's introduction implies that you must have only slept last night. For example, I lost a different amount of ability points on nights 1 and 2, even though I attempted the same action each time. There might be a chance that you lose no points, even if you perform an action.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmohyudin View Post
    At day break, everyone gathered at the temporary camp we made to get some shut eye, though, by the look of it, no one really managed to get any sleep after all.

Quote Originally Posted by kmohyudin
    Too bad that most of us woke up feeling more tired than when we went to sleep. But, no rest for the weary... there was still a day's climb to be completed.

I mean, he pretty clearly implied someone slept, and it would have been ridiculous of me to claim it was me before other people told their actions if it wasn't me, since the real sleeper could've counter-claimed. The first quote + his mentioning of how my walking around in circles exhausted me is what gave me the idea to sleep in the first place. Unless you're suggesting we can do two actions in the night?

Alright, well. This discussion doesn't seem to be getting us very far, and it's definitely not going to help us find any sustenance.

What's that, you say? I sound like I'm hungry? Stop jokin' around~~~!

spin spin spin

Try: Search high and low for anything to eat... maybe there's fruit on this ivy?
    Ironically, I was being genuine when I suggested sleeping. I haven't had any luck finding any sort of provisions in the days. So sleeping is the only way I've found to not lose stats. That's part of why I followed Hannyabal the first night - he'd found something the first day, so I'd hoped following him would lead to a potion or other useful discovery.

But there are some skills that I don't really have high scores in, and I'd like not to have to lose any other members of the group who should be able to perform those tasks in my place
    But if you lynch me, you'll lose me

I mean, he pretty clearly implied someone slept, and it would have been ridiculous of me to claim it was me before other people told their actions if it wasn't me, since the real sleeper could've counter-claimed. The first quote + his mentioning of how my walking around in circles exhausted me is what gave me the idea to sleep in the first place. Unless you're suggesting we can do two actions in the night?
    I'm saying that we can lose a variable amount of ability points each night due to exhaustion, and I'm guessing that it might be possible to lose zero, even if you perform an action at night.

In such a case, you'd wake up feeling the same level of exhaustion as the night before.

Also, it's really not clear to me how Willpower points are gained... so I wouldn't assume that you gained your point last night due to sleeping unless Buggy specifically told you so.

But if you lynch me, you'll lose me
    That's true. But if we don't you might kill Miss Harpy, who seems to be the only one with any Crafting ability.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information