+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 982: "Kaido's Trump Card - The Tobi Roppo Arrive"

Default 982: "Kaido's Trump Card - The Tobi Roppo Arrive"

Hopefully I don't end up overhyping them, but most of the episodes this month are going to be the ones you feel compelled to wear a suit and tie to.

Title: "Kaido's Trump Card - The Tobi Roppo Arrive"
    Chapters Covered: rest of 977-978
    Episode Director: Megumi Ishitani (*****)
    Animation Director: Yong-ce Tu (*****) + Keita Saito (***1/2)
    Time: 8:30PM EST
    Watch It: www.crunchyroll.com/one-piece
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Default Re: 982: "Kaido's Trump Card - The Tobi Roppo Arrive"

Oh my gosh. Konjiki Kagura part was really good and enjoyable ahahaha hoping the whole Onigashima to keep the same dark disco color tones (maybe just a bit brighter), even if Tobi Toppo's ending scene returned to more classic ones. I find funny how here and back at Queen's introduction, anime staff keeps introducing anomalous design for secondary beast pirates, as those classic anime type girls around Orochi or the glasses guy near Queen while singing.

Spoiler:
    Also they made a big thing of the "let's party later" scene and this makes me worry and sad about how eventual losses would make it awkward
    Last edited by rayleigh92; July 10th, 2021 at 06:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

Zoom Zoom Zoom Song - Episode 982 https://bittube.tv/post/856d5e8f-798...a-4df3f63d86c5

One Piece Episode 983 Preview

Last edited by thaihoa91; July 10th, 2021 at 06:22 PM.

Interesting way of previewing someone quite destructive.

Great episode, The Queen and Apoo's music video scene was amazing as well the introduction scene of the Tobi Roppo was great as well. And I like the ending of the episode with the Straw Hats about to drink, but decide to wait until final battle with Kaido is done and left all of their drinks behind as they head towards Onigashima.

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

the episode was so good that it felt a bit longer than usual.

the idea of making Onigashima a party producer copying big festivals aesthetics was awesome! I mean, they are party ANIMALS right? lol
    the scene with Jinbe had a stronger impact here compared to the manga, and the cup's scene was quite beautiful.

Hope we keep this level going forward and that they eventually let Megumi direct an OP Movie after Wano...

I'm not going to watch the episode in full tonight since I'm tired from a late shift at work, but oh my god it looks like complete insanity.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

What the fuck is up with the anime lately? These are all S tier episodes.

10/10 episode just for having Luffy singing again.

Holy shit, man. This was incredible. I particularly fell in love with the last scene—which really makes me feel like we’re going to war here in a way the manga didn’t. Beautiful stuff. The music video scene, too, was phenomenal. I can’t wait for the dub for that one.

Oh my gosh. Konjiki Kagura part was really good and enjoyable ahahaha hoping the whole Onigashima to keep the same dark disco color tones (maybe just a bit brighter), even if Tobi Toppo's ending scene returned to more classic ones. I find funny how here and back at Queen's introduction, anime staff keeps introducing anomalous design for secondary beast pirates, as those classic anime type girls around Orochi or the glasses guy near Queen while singing.

Spoiler:
    Also they made a big thing of the "let's party later" scene and this makes me worry and sad about how eventual losses would make it awkward
    yeah, as it felt in this chapter of the manga and with the showing of the cups at the end here ... this part still feels very ominous

So I know Ishitani did the one interlude episode. Has she done another in Wano? Only one episode a year :(

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Holy shit, man. This was incredible. I particularly fell in love with the last scene—which really makes me feel like we’re going to war here in a way the manga didn’t. Beautiful stuff. The music video scene, too, was phenomenal. I can’t wait for the dub for that one.
    I'm legit saddened after watching this episode that Brad Venable (English voice of Apoo) isn't with us anymore.

This episode was phenomenal. I think I liked 952 a tad more, but that's in no way knocking this one.

Tu is officially the only one who can animate Queen dancing. lol

I love love love LOVE the little details peppered throughout. Like when that Queen fangirl passed out, and the random lacky nearby glances down at her. The synchronized dancing, Fukurokuju denying the offer of sake while listening to Orochi being drunk inside...lots of life in the little bits.

Oh man, a GOAT tier episode. This took the manga chapter and elevated 100x. Anime only watchers are truly lucky to experience Onigashima for the first time through the anime

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    So I know Ishitani did the one interlude episode. Has she done another in Wano? Only one episode a year :(
    Yeah, she did 957, the warlord episode at the very start of the year.

I Ishitani keeps doing only one episode in a while, my hopes are all for chapter 992's adaptation.
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

Finally, the best character of this whole arc finally makes their appearance.

Spoiler:
    Fourtricks

I need to change my pants after this episode. Some moments looked better than the movies!

I'll be honest, this depiction of the banquet is way more different than what I had in my head when reading the manga, and that's a good thing, because I honestly felt like it was kind of stiff. This also hypes up the raid for me again because I was getting slogged by the manga's pacing.

One Piece sakuga nut and resident Katsumi Ishizuka fanboy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Z...2JQKXRBkCGSHzw

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information