+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1,017: The Order

Default Re: Chapter 1,017: The Order

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    They can go where ever they want, Chopper is going to reverse the Smile Fruit effects.
    It may be possible but I doubt it. Caesar and the Tontatta Kingdom can't make SMILE fruits better than 10% success with transformation abnormalities. Plus the new Rumble ball lasts longer because of CC's modifications to the formula. That seems out of Chopper's scope at the moment.

And Killer needs to keep the laughing quirk.
    Bounty: 382M Quirks: High Places | Garchu
    Roles: Ship Guard | Ship's Cat | Lookout
    Clues: Ch 175 | Statue | Foxy Flag | Paw DF
    Dreams: Travel w/ PK | The Dawn
    Survival: Moon Resurrection | Will of P

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    that was just Robby's remark to discredit me by pulling another subject.
    I wasn't trying to discredit you? I was making a point that you don't let theories go easily. Much like your book of Big Mom minions and 5 act structure theories.

I figured pointing out something that you've held onto for a decade made a better example than the stuff you've been saying constantly for the last six months.

There's obviously no ultimate time limit on these things. Dead characters have already showed a 13 year window to come back so there's a pretty long window for when things actually go off the table.

But no, Hancock isn't joining. For a lot of reasons.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I religiously held on to the 5 act structure, raid failing thing too. But even I don't have much faith anymore seeing by how fast Luffy is getting back up and how Ulti got up from BM's ultimate attack obliterating her guts to give Nami her win. To me it seems to point in the direction of everyone getting their wins now so we can wrap things up. Which is real sad because I want that darkest hour real bad. It's still possible Oda will land that homerun and ascend to Goda once more, but it's very unlikely.

Call be stubborn, but I don't feel Who's Who's silly grudge as enough of a character motivation as to why Jinbe must be his opponent. I also still don't feel like Who's Who is a threat for Jinbe, who should get no less than a commander as an opponent. With Who's Who being the one that led Drake into a trap, I can see Drake assuming the fight against him later.
    I think they have a common character thread: They were both freed from Impel Down through Luffy's intrusion, and while Jinbe is deeply grateful to him to the point of giving him blood and leaving his original crew to be with him, WW is fixated on the idea that Luffy is the cause of his suffering, when the world government is the one responsible for both his and Jinbe's incarceration.

I agree with the Rean take.

Another thing that I've been thinking for a while is that Jinbe vs. Who's Who does not feel like a definitive match-up for me. I mean, it's a pretty hard effort to be a match to a Warlord who was able to hold off Big Mom and Akainu in the past. I feel something will still stop their fight and Jinbe will end up with a stronger opponent. Who's Who knowing Jinbe from a past encounter had the potential of making it somewhat personal, but Who's Who's earlier appearances seemed to make him an opponent to Drake, and now his past as a former government secret agent turned pirate further makes him a counterpart to Drake, a marine mole pretending to be a pirate. So, I'm a little more convinced that there will be some more switcheroo. Which will also free Apoo to face Brook.
    Who'sWho's been completely hyped up to be the fourth non-oficial Calamity.

-He's aknowledged as the closest to become a Calamity from his very introduction
    -is capable of dodging and tanking(with Tekkai apparently), Jinbro
    -is some Lucci level shit, I could easily see Lucci give hell to most, if not all Shichibukai.

And yes, we have Jinbe's POV, we know he can temporarily hold people like Big Mom and Akainu, but why are you assuming Who'sWho couldn't?
    If even someone like Killer had his chance in the roof, he could hurt Kaido and took a thunder from Big Mom, Who'sWho seems more than capable of doing the same, if not even more.

And it seems we finally reached the point where the four strongest minion actually gets to show what he got, unlike Thatch and Snack..

We've mostly managed two or three strongest subordinates from most of the series because Luffy didnt have enough tough guys, but even Doflamingo had 4 strong commanders that needed alliances and different arcs to be dealt with.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

LOL @ even Queen's ponytail having a claw.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

So, between both Drake and Who's Who confirmed to have joined just two years prior, is the Tobi Roppo a new thing with the crew? Or did they kill and replace two prior members?

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Rich View Post

So where are these Gifters, Pleasures, and Waiters going to do after the war? It seems Tama's powers have no time limit. Broken brainwashing to the extreme. She should give them to Usopp to be part of his 8000 followers. That's about ~4500, maybe more.
    Tama will use them to help and rebuild Wano villages as well as act as their defenders when any other pirate crews show up.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    I agree with the Rean take.
    Rean in general has such good takes he makes me not bother posting, along with a couple other mainstays.

Discovered Stowaway astagadragon's Avatar

Why... why would you need TWO chapters of Tama taking stage and ordering mooks? I think it can be compressed within 1 chapter!

Zoro's drugs ex machina leave a very bad taste in my mouth. What's preventing them to use it later on Sanji, Kidd and co to gank Kaido again? Nah I guess the doc only carry ONE for the super speshul Mr. Bushido.

And dont let me start on the whole gum gum business lmao.

Still, Queen and WW hybrids look awesome, salvaging the chapter easily.
    "The rain has ceased, and we have been graced by another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it." - Elidibus

they used to say i had as much POTENTIAL as the genius Rob Lucci
    Hard to take this statement at face value given it's coming from the person himself,and is probably quite biased. But even ignoring that, the statement talks about potential,which is different from actual skills/strength.

Anyway, I really hope that Gomu-Gomu no is not a super-duper special/destined DF, simply because we have had no indication for that in the last 1000 chapters. I do think,from what we know, that the Ope-Ope was more special,given all the attention given to it by the powers that be.
    that which cannot be stopped:inherited will,a man's dream,and the flow of time.as long as man continues to seek out the answer to freedom,these things shall never be stopped.-PK Gol D. Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    I wasn't trying to discredit you? I was making a point that you don't let theories go easily. Much like your book of Big Mom minions and 5 act structure theories.

I figured pointing out something that you've held onto for a decade made a better example than the stuff you've been saying constantly for the last six months.

There's obviously no ultimate time limit on these things. Dead characters have already showed a 13 year window to come back so there's a pretty long window for when things actually go off the table.

But no, Hancock isn't joining. For a lot of reasons.
    You, I, and plenty of others are stubborn about plenty of theories. Deicide isn't unique there.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

It has been suggested that Caesar was apart of MADS, but considering how Yonji mentioned that it was a group active before the Vinsmoke children where born, Reiju being the oldest at 24, then I’m not sure that they’d let a 16 year Caesar just join them or join them later rather late into the group’s existence.

I don’t think the gum-gum fruit is meant to be any more special than any other devil fruit, just that the WG got a hold of it and wanted to bring it back and give it to some deserving officer. Could have just as easily ended up being given to Smoker or an admiral. The fewer devil fruits out there for pirates to get, the more advantage the WG has.

Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar

Baby geezer Chopper dolls are gonna sell like crazy when they're released.

I didn't think that this would be the arc where we find out where Shanks got the gum gum devil fruit from. Now the question is why.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Who'sWho's been completely hyped up to be the fourth non-oficial Calamity.

-He's aknowledged as the closest to become a Calamity from his very introduction
    -is capable of dodging and tanking(with Tekkai apparently), Jinbro
    -is some Lucci level shit, I could easily see Lucci give hell to most, if not all Shichibukai.

And yes, we have Jinbe's POV, we know he can temporarily hold people like Big Mom and Akainu, but why are you assuming Who'sWho couldn't?
    If even someone like Killer had his chance in the roof, he could hurt Kaido and took a thunder from Big Mom, Who'sWho seems more than capable of doing the same, if not even more.

And it seems we finally reached the point where the four strongest minion actually gets to show what he got, unlike Thatch and Snack..

We've mostly managed two or three strongest subordinates from most of the series because Luffy didnt have enough tough guys, but even Doflamingo had 4 strong commanders that needed alliances and different arcs to be dealt with.
    There's also the fact that Drake has been consistently portrayed around the level of the other Supernova (that spectrum beween fake Supernova Sanji and Luffy the chosen one), so pairing him up with Who's Who doesn't make much sense as Drake could be arguably stronger than Jinbe.

Who's-Who just feels right as Jinbe's opponent because it's not like the other Straw Hats were on par with the other Tobiroppo. Nami and Usopp were fucking useless for the most part, Robin needs Brook support and Franky has the shogun as a clutch. Otherwise, the enemies are very clearly above anyone not Monster Trio level.
    Last edited by King Cannon; June 27th, 2021 at 05:36 PM.

Discovered Stowaway No swords style best style's Avatar

Good soldiers follow orders.

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee1000 View Post
    Baby geezer Chopper dolls are gonna sell like crazy when they're released.

I didn't think that this would be the arc where we find out where Shanks got the gum gum devil fruit from. Now the question is why.
    Well after Oda explored the prior history of the Clone and Barrier fruits, I suppose he was tempted to explore the history of the Rubber fruit, and now seems like he’s starting to take that opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    They can go where ever they want, Chopper is going to reverse the Smile Fruit effects.
    I highly doubt this will happen. Just don't see Oda throwing in Chopper discovering the key to devil fruit mimicry and the lineage factor then reverse engineering it.

Not to mention once the smile users stop being that they will have free again and exactly what's stopping them from trashing Wano/rejoining Kaido? Especially after they all just had their free will suppressed and were controlled by a small child.
    Last.fm

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information