+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1,017: The Order

Default Re: Chapter 1,017: The Order

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Rich View Post
    So where are these Gifters, Pleasures, and Waiters going to do after the war? It seems Tama's powers have no time limit. Broken brainwashing to the extreme.
    They can go where ever they want, Chopper is going to reverse the Smile Fruit effects.

"There will be an answer, let it be."

If all 4 are part of the team (maybe others), their work tamper with emotions, behavior and they are willing to go forward with that. If there's any contrast between them and Sanji, it will be a sense of compassion for others. The way Queen had Killer and Kid drowning, turned his own men to Ice Oni, and gets joy from that is perfect for Sanji to confront.

Mystery race with King + he dresses a tad similar to a jailer, MADS for Queen, Jack is a fishman w/ a DF (not the first) + there was possibly another Calamity before him, Drake is SWORD, Who's Who was Cipher Pol, Sasaki might be connected to Kokoro, Maria having a brothel as Robin pretended to be a geisha this arc. Many interesting narratives that can result in good talk no jutsu during these fights.

Chopper, Usopp and Brook are the ones I can't figure out yet. Maybe the last 5 failures of Ancient Giants or Perospero. While Cotton Candy Lover vs Lick Lick fruit user sounds cool on paper, Pero has stronger ties to Neko and Marco. I would say Jack vs Chopper, but he is too far away in distance and Inu rightfully has invested in taking him down.

Maybe Oda does stick to Robin and Brook vs Black Maria due to Brook being WCI arc MVP. Brook can counter the SMILE users that may interfere because I can't remember if the dango was given to them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    They can go where ever they want, Chopper is going to reverse the Smile Fruit effects.
    I’ve seen Tama’s power be called slavery, but I don’t think Tama will be treating them as property that have no freedom to be away from her, like in Ancient Rome.
    Last edited by electricmastro; June 27th, 2021 at 11:57 AM.

Someone better not tell to Who's Who that his former bosses and the guy who stole the fruit from him are now on "friendly terms now".

I want to believe too big guy
    3ds code friend:0404-6254-1866
    new "new"3ds code friend:0791-4253-7110 (monster hunter)

Pretty good chapter overall.

Disappointed by Zoro finding a way back into the fight but not surprised (Hopefully Chopper manages to get hold of some of that magic medicine, it would come in handy).

Going to save most of my complaining about the Gomu Gomu Fruit nonsense until if/when it turns out to be the original Devil Fruit or whatever, but it's a shame that Oda keeps feeling the need to hammer home how special Luffy is like this, we already know he's special thanks to his membership of the D club and big-shot father and grandfather (And mother one day too I suspect), that's more than enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    Someone better not tell to Who's Who that his former bosses and the guy who stole the fruit from him are now on "friendly terms now".
    Plot twist the elder stars had Shanks steal the DF to betray Imu

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    I see this as like the scene Luffy asks Law to take Zoro and go, he'd handle Kaido from then on. I said Luffy was overconfident and it wasn't time for him to surpass Kaido. Because of that, I thought Law would disobey him and stay. Everyone challenged that because Oda's intention seemed clear and all... And then Luffy was defeated soon after.

Call be stubborn, but I don't feel Who's Who's silly grudge as enough of a character motivation as to why Jinbe must be his opponent. I also still don't feel like Who's Who is a threat for Jinbe, who should get no less than a commander as an opponent. With Who's Who being the one that led Drake into a trap, I can see Drake assuming the fight against him later.

I think Jinbe in the end will get a commander, either Jack (I'm still not confident Inu will get a real match-up) or, my personal bet, Smoothie (if the Big Mom Pirates do appear in Act 4).
    You're stubborn. It's easy to see where Oda is going considering the patterns caused by his own physical limitations.

If he's actually bothering to show Jinbe and Who's Who fighting, it's because he wants investment in the fight. It's why Sanji's whole deal with escaping Black Maria and fighting her subordinates was offscreened, since that was not meant to be Black Maria's fight.

We are beyond the age where Oda would focus on any little fight that happened. He knows when to cut corners. And frankly, you should forget the Big Mom Pirates since we still have a good six or seven Beasts Pirates to deal with, which may need a good 15 chapters at minimun considering all the jumping around.

Deicide still thinks Hancock is joining the crew. Once he latches onto a theory he does not let it go. Ever.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Oh no, zoro is recovered, big mo and kaidou will pee their pants when they see him, just like when they peed their pants when he was swinging around enma at them.

Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar

Intriguing chapter even if nothing much happens on it

- Yeah I can see Buggy as a puzzle
    - Oh now you get cold feet Tama? I know she's a kid but c'mon, you stowed away into enemy territory, and faced down two dinosaurs and an Emperor. Stage fright shouldn't be a thing by this point.
    - Hmm just Jinbi, Franky and Dogstorm are having trouble with numbers?
    - Finally! Seriously was that buildup necessary Oda? I think seeing the others being in trouble is good enough without the fakeout fainting.
    - Tide turning, ho-hum. Wonder if the CP-0 will think to step in after this.
    - I...honestly don't know what I was expecting with Queen's hybrid form. Dig the tail though. Definitely gonna need the Raid suit for this. And oh hey, some more connections. Indeed THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES!
    - LOL Baby Gramps Chopper. Probably should've added a small beard there.
    - Oh how convenient. something that'll get Zoro back into the fight temporarily. Essentially if he takes on King, it's gonna be a time limit battle. I am legit worried with how his body is holding up these days.
    - Huh I will admit, rouge CP9 agent was not on my mind with Who's-Who. Another good off-guard moment. But again this doesn't help the notion this climax is essentially Enies Lobby 2.0 only with pirates now. Especially with the "On par with Lucci" deal.
    - Really, mad at Luffy cause he has the Gum-Gum power? You do remember Shanks took it from you right? That's a very dumb reason to hold a grudge. But then again he seems like a prideful dick anyway so, eh.

Overall, fun times. Looks like were finally getting into the nitty gritty of this climax and appreciate some of the revelation. Will this matter about Luffy being special, I doubt it unless otherwise. If I hazard a guess it was likely part of some other combat Devil Fruits and was just one of them that was taken. I am intrigued though, so yeah hit me with that flashback next chapter Oda. Just not too long please ^^;.
    Get nuts or go crazy trying.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Jack's outright refusal to go into his Hybrid Form when it would give him a clear combat advantage, especially when multiple members of his crew have done so is actively infuriating me! :D

Like, just turn into it and crush Inuarashi already, you big stupid bastard!

Quote Originally Posted by Retro View Post
    - Hmm just Jinbi, Franky and Dogstorm are having trouble with numbers?

- Oh how convenient. something that'll get Zoro back into the fight temporarily. Essentially if he takes on King, it's gonna be a time limit battle. I am legit worried with how his body is holding up these days.

- Really, mad at Luffy cause he has the Gum-Gum power? You do remember Shanks took it from you right? That's a very dumb reason to hold a grudge. But then again he seems like a prideful dick anyway so, eh.

Yep, goes to show they don’t have to be like Zoro or Admirals to be troublesome to deal with.

He has established himself as being someone willing to roll with the punches. Won’t do good if he passes out right in the heat of battle with King though.

Well really though Lucky Roux personally stole it. I suppose he’s just not sure if he took it specifically for Luffy to have it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Deicide still thinks Hancock is joining the crew. Once he latches onto a theory he does not let it go. Ever.
    I let it go when it's proven false by the story, not when some forum goers decide to shoot it down just because they disagree.

I'll insist on providing my perspective on things as long as the story is open to those possibilities. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But if I end up right, I will have some things to say.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    You're stubborn. It's easy to see where Oda is going considering the patterns caused by his own physical limitations.
    I feel you all ignore what this arc means to the overall OP story and how many plot threads it's meant to solve.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

I feel you all ignore what this arc means to the overall OP story and how many plot threads it's meant to solve.
    I also feel you ignore Oda's own health limitations and how that may affect his product.

Offscreening became far more common after his tonsilitis surgery episode around the start of Dressrosa. This is not a coincidence.

I let it go when it's proven false by the story
    When is it proven?
    Almost 13 years after introduction? Only Jinbe takes so damn long to join, nobody else gets that treatment...
    Last "interaction" with the Strawhats, 400+ chapters ago, no bonding with the crew besides Luffy and Jinbe whatsoever...
    Whenever she returns into the story and actually meets the Strawhats again, it will be way too late for her to adjust to the Strawhats.

After Wano it is unrealistic for someone to join... there is just not enough time. Only exception is Vivi, for obvious reasons, and Pekoms...

"There will be an answer, let it be."

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    When is it proven?
    Almost 13 years after introduction? Only Jinbe takes so damn long to join, nobody else gets that treatment...
    Last "interaction" with the Strawhats, 400+ chapters ago, no bonding with the crew besides Luffy and Jinbe whatsoever...
    Whenever she returns into the story and actually meets the Strawhats again, it will be way too late for her to adjust to the Strawhats.

After Wano it is unrealistic for someone to join... there is just not enough time. Only exception is Vivi, for obvious reasons, and Pekoms...
    Wait and see.

13 years ago, I've that she'd lose her title and would be hunted by the government. Not only it happened, there was a breadcrumb of clues it would happen. So, I'll trust my instincts in this one.

But the discussion is not even about that, that was just Robby's remark to discredit me by pulling another subject. The point is that Wano is not anywhere near conclusion and there's a lot of complications waiting to happen. Including the Big Mom Pirates reappearing.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

My short synopsis, pretty much what everyone else thought of this chapter.

Tama's power is absolutely terrible and it will never stop being terrible. But I have no outrage left after the crime against humanity that was chapter 1004. Why though, do we need a repeat of that again? Why does Oda keep repeating the same story beats in this arc, expecting the same emotional reaction? I don't care that Tama saved the day with her nonsense plot power with hilariously horrible implications and even if I did, why would I care if she does it again in the same way? We get half a chapter of supposed tension before it's immediately resolved (another common theme of Onigashima) by Tama "saving the day" again in the exact same way. You expect me to feel anything?

I do dig Queen's hybrid design though, as I do Who's Who's. It's a pretty neat fight so far. I'm eager to see both fights.

Miyagi's plot medicine is horrendous like everyone else already said. It was never mentioned before and is obviously a plot convenience tool. He tries to make it fair by it doubling the pain but we all know that doesn't actually matter at all. No drawback basically. Lazy writing.

I'm actually not worried about the Gomu fruit reveal. I actually think it's a pretty neat reveal adding intrigue to the world. Though it all depends how Oda goes with it. If he goes any destiny route it's bad for sure.

It sure makes the Alabastan power water look dumb

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorPhil View Post
    My short synopsis, pretty much what everyone else thought of this chapter.

Tama's power is absolutely terrible and it will never stop being terrible. But I have no outrage left after the crime against humanity that was chapter 1004. Why though, do we need a repeat of that again? Why does Oda keep repeating the same story beats in this arc, expecting the same emotional reaction? I don't care that Tama saved the day with her nonsense plot power with hilariously horrible implications and even if I did, why would I care if she does it again in the same way? We get half a chapter of supposed tension before it's immediately resolved (another common theme of Onigashima) by Tama "saving the day" again in the exact same way. You expect me to feel anything?

I do dig Queen's hybrid design though, as I do Who's Who's. It's a pretty neat fight so far. I'm eager to see both fights.

Miyagi's plot medicine is horrendous like everyone else already said. It was never mentioned before and is obviously a plot convenience tool. He tries to make it fair by it doubling the pain but we all know that doesn't actually matter at all. No drawback basically. Lazy writing.

I'm actually not worried about the Gomu fruit reveal. I actually think it's a pretty neat reveal adding intrigue to the world. Though it all depends how Oda goes with it. If he goes any destiny route it's bad for sure.
    Not so terrible since it helped give Jinbe his shonen one on one. lol

Picking and choosing which aspects of the manga Oda decides to slow down on due to health is a slippery slope. "I believe Monet and Pedro will come back to life" and not because of story details I can point to, but due to Oda's health.

To go the distance and call someone stubborn with Oda's health as your backup is ironic. When Oda drags out a chase, his health is of no concern, but if he wanted to change a fight, "nope, my health won't allow it".

To be clear, I don't think there will be a switch up anyway.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information