+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 268

Thread: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

  1. #141

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by kmohyudin View Post
    I did notice that, but I chalked it up as another of their newbie misses. I don't want to be mean... but, they have been kinda up in the air regarding the setup from the start.
    So did I, actually. I'm more confused by nobody else bringing it up at all even when I specifically asked just now (well, that only applies to you :P).

    But I'm also not sure if we can afford to give starla the benefit of the doubt throughout the whole game.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by kmohyudin View Post
    Au contraire, I thought that was a rather useful line of thought.
    It'd be more usefeul if we (and the mafia) knew the Townie powers. As it is, they have to play around a potential watcher AND a potential doctor. So even if they have Ninja or Strongman, they have to be careful.

    I am not asking anybody to claim, just to be clear.

    How original is it to still have this in my signature 5 years later?

  2. #142

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by kmohyudin View Post
    These seem a bit unfair. I'd say calling what I did "pushing for a no lynch" is a stretch at best, and deliberately misleading at worst.
    After reading your reasoning earlier in your post, I'm inclined to agree with you... Gah I don't know who to trust anymore, you're all too good at this

    ~~~~~

    Random question: At this point in the game, are there any roles that would be better claimed? This is my inexperience showing, but seeing as we're in MYLO, is it beneficial for someone with any of those roles to step forward with that information so we can coordinate how to use it tonight? Or should all be kept unclaimed so nobody with a role is murdered tonight?

  3. #143

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Fizzie View Post
    Random question: At this point in the game, are there any roles that would be better claimed? This is my inexperience showing, but seeing as we're in MYLO, is it beneficial for someone with any of those roles to step forward with that information so we can coordinate how to use it tonight? Or should all be kept unclaimed so nobody with a role is murdered tonight?
    Let's go down the list:

    - Doctor: didn't save anybody, so has nothing to report
    - Roleblocker: didn't stop the kill, so nothing to report
    - Watcher: If the Watcher was with noswords and saw somebody, then that's an obvious claim. But that apparently hasn't happened. I suppose the Watcher could have been with noswords and saw nobody. That would mean a Ninja. I don't think that information is worth exposing the role, but I am not 100% on that
    - Tracker: If the Tracker followed somebody to noswords then that's a claim. Once again, that doesn't seem to be the case.
    - Cop: A guilty report is an immediate claim. A Townie report is debatable. It basically means that two people get cleared and that the Cop is gonna be killed. But then again, the mafia doesn't know what sort of protective measures we have. So it might not be as clear-cut. Still, that one's up to the Cop themselves, in my opinion

    How original is it to still have this in my signature 5 years later?

  4. #144
    Stay foxy out there! Kitsune Inferno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Hey Hey I'm getting off work in about an hour. Is there time to go back and do anything? When does the day end?

    I think the vibe I'm getting from skimming is we're going to no lynch, and I think that's smart. Vote Lynch: No Lynch

    starla: I am not going to reveal what I have at this time, sorry.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuhan View Post
    Honestly, I'm glad you at least agree with me on Kitsune Huschel, that post was literally just speculation at best with how I saw the day progress. At this point I still have sight on Kitsune only because almost all of his posts seem to be just off. Taking the past two days into account I feel safe to do this and don't really plan on changing this.

    vote lynch: Kitsune Inferno

    Being defensive is one thing, but the more I read your posts, you seem more keen on protecting yourself than anything else.

    I'm going to be busy the next several hours, but if you got any questions for me, I'll answer them as quickly as possible.
    I mean, you could answer the one I asked you, for a start.

  5. #145

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    So, to the mafia among you, I convince you to try to use your night action to kill me in the night. I may be a vanilla townie in the beginning, but who knows if I got a special role of the town and I'm just bluffing? *taunts the mafia*

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    starla: I am not going to reveal what I have at this time, sorry.
    Awww, oki.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    I didn't know you can vote for a no lynch, I tried to look it up in the rules, but there wasn't an option. Guess I do what Kitsune did.

    Vote Lynch: No Lynch

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Shuhan feels pretty sus. Maybe I use my night action on him tonight to find out the truth.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    If I have a night action that is. Don't want to spoil that for the mafia, I do not. I keep them guessing!

  6. #146
    OKAMA WAY Kirbycide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Blooming in the Depths of Hell

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    DAY TWO - END

    Four votes were required to achieve a majority. Without a majority vote, no players will be eliminated from the game.

    ~~~~~~

    NIGHT TWO - BEGIN

    You have 24 hours to PM me with any night action(s) you wish to perform.

  7. #147
    OKAMA WAY Kirbycide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Blooming in the Depths of Hell

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    NIGHT TWO - END

    ~~~~~~

    You were dreaming of your past life when you heard a distant rumbling. A bright flash behind your eyelids then caused you to sit up suddenly, just in time for the crash of thunder from overhead.

    Once again, there was another glorious sunrise over the crystal clear waters of Limbo. However, this time, it was somewhat obscured by clouds, darker than you'd ever seen over the last several days. Those black omens seemed to cover almost half the cerulean sky, perhaps even more beautiful now than before, as intermittent arcs of multi-hued lightning leapt from one storm head to the next. The steady grumble of soul-shaking reverberations from above was somehow less comforting than even Kirby's voice had been.

    That's right, Kirby. Where was the little pink bugger?

    Scanning your vicinity, you saw that four of your companions were also considering the same question. Four companions. Not five.

    After some minutes of searching, the five of you found it. Once again, the strange creature had squished itself, flatter than a pancake, this time into a smallish Kirby-sized bunker in the sand. No wonder it had been so difficult to find.

    "You got me," it said sheepishly, squirming in its hiding place as another roll of thunder shook the shore. "I really feel just awful! Well... not that awful. They really were delicious. And it really does feel good to get some of my power back again. But... well... I suppose you've figured it out, by now. Something came over me while most of you were sleeping last night, and I just had to have a little midnight snack."

    Kirby grinned a little sheepishly after letting out a tiny burp.

    "And they threw some sand at me yesterday, which I didn't appreciate at all. No, not one bit."

    The pink puff then bounced back into shape and off the earth, allowing itself to be carried in chaotic little circles by the ocean breeze, now agitated by the distant roars of thunder.

    "Fizzie can throw as much sand in Heaven as they want, now. But it won't be at me anymore. Hah!"

    Rolling in the air currents, the strange creature's eyes eventually found your group once again, separated on its bizarre pink face by the tiniest of mischievous smirks.

    "Well, get to work! My tummy's getting rumbly..."

    ~~~~~~

    Fizzie is dead. They were a Town Roleblocker.

    DAY THREE - BEGIN

    Five players are alive. Each player gets one vote. Three votes are required to achieve a majority.

    48 hours remain.

  8. #148

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    I'm shocked... I thought Fizzie was Mafia... well that goes my entire theory out the window. I'm so sorry for ever doubting you! >.<

    I'm sure Huschel is Town, I'm certain because he voted for Cop.

    So, it's either Shuhan/kmo, Shuhan/Kitsune (Very not likely), Kitsune/kmo?

    I'm leaning towards Shuhan/kmo. We really need to figure out who is one of the mafia. I do suspect Shuhan because of his vote yesterday.

    And sadly, the mafia didn't fall into my trap, was trying to redeem myself for outing myself as a vanilla townie. Guess lesson learned.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbycide View Post
    snip
    Weird question for ya! So, the ones you ate.. do you gain their memories, skills, and abilities? *curious*

  9. #149
    OKAMA WAY Kirbycide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Blooming in the Depths of Hell

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    A Kirby doesn’t eat and tell!

  10. #150
    *Angry Catra noises* Shuhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    An arctic kitchen

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Just so we are all on the same page, do not vote someone until we all have decided who to vote, considering if one misplaced vote could potentially let mafia dog pile if given the chance.



    Quote Originally Posted by starlalilymoon View Post
    I'm sure Huschel is Town, I'm certain because he voted for Cop.
    That doesn't mean much, I was the biggest proponent for voting cop, and yet you still suspect me. Fair is fair though, he voted and I didn't but just putting that out there.

    So, it's either Shuhan/kmo, Shuhan/Kitsune (Very not likely), Kitsune/kmo?
    Fair choices, but I'm still not convinced of Huschel not being a possibility. Thinking back to day 1, I'm still considering a Kitsune/Huschel pairing with Huschel being the active one and Kitsune being the one in the shadows. I also have another potential pairing, but I'll leave that for later this post.

    I do suspect Shuhan because of his vote yesterday.
    I was merely putting down my obvious pick, Kitsune has been running around acting like he is trying to hunt, and to be fair he kinda has. However, this came after a lot of flip flopping the day before that screams scum to me.

    And sadly, the mafia didn't fall into my trap, was trying to redeem myself for outing myself as a vanilla townie. Guess lesson learned.
    I am very confused by this statement. Are you implying that you wanted to have a target on your back because you claimed vanilla? Please elaborate because the pretense you threw up at days end just didn't make any sense.


    In the end, my picks are either Kitsune/Huschel, or my currently growing suspicion Kitsune/Starlalilymoon.

  11. #151

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuhan View Post
    Just so we are all on the same page, do not vote someone until we all have decided who to vote, considering if one misplaced vote could potentially let mafia dog pile if given the chance.
    Yes, understood.

    That doesn't mean much, I was the biggest proponent for voting cop, and yet you still suspect me. Fair is fair though, he voted and I didn't but just putting that out there.
    I mean then again, you didn't vote for cop, but you wanted to. That's why I suspect too a bit.

    Fair choices, but I'm still not convinced of Huschel not being a possibility. Thinking back to day 1, I'm still considering a Kitsune/Huschel pairing with Huschel being the active one and Kitsune being the one in the shadows. I also have another potential pairing, but I'll leave that for later this post.
    But Huschel is trying to say Kitsune was mafia, if he was mafia, why would he turn against his own?

    I was merely putting down my obvious pick, Kitsune has been running around acting like he is trying to hunt, and to be fair he kinda has. However, this came after a lot of flip flopping the day before that screams scum to me.
    Except we all agreed on a no lynch. We didn't have enough information for Kitsune.

    I am very confused by this statement. Are you implying that you wanted to have a target on your back because you claimed vanilla? Please elaborate because the pretense you threw up at days end just didn't make any sense.
    Look at my last post of that day. I was trying to claim I had a special role, so I can be killed and have it turn up vanilla, and save the special role people from being killed.

    In the end, my picks are either Kitsune/Huschel, or my currently growing suspicion Kitsune/Starlalilymoon.
    See, this post makes me even more suspect it's you and kmo. Kitsune offered information and then withdrew from it. Also, looking through your posts, you never once suspected kmo despite him wanting no lynch and then switching his vote. This leads to my suspicions even more. Especially since I think voting for someone when we were not 100% sure makes it seem you wanted someone dead to win. Though you did have the first post and offer cop, but yet you didn't start the bandwagon, but why not? If you were the biggest proponent of cop, you would have started it. You could always have withdrew your vote if we wanted something else.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbycide View Post
    A Kirby doesn’t eat and tell!
    Well, darn, I was just curious how strong your powers were. I would go crazy if I had so many memories of people I eaten 0.0

  12. #152
    Stay foxy out there! Kitsune Inferno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Night 1, Innocent report on starla - Night 2, Innocent report on Shuhan

    My role is Cop. This is the main reason why I was convinced of Starla's Townness, however I'm not too convinced that Kmo AND Huschel is mafia, (my money is on Shuhan and Kmo) so this could mean there's a Godfather.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    And yes, I REALLY hate that I got Cop twice in a row. Thanks a lot, Kirby. >_>

  13. #153

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    Night 1, Innocent report on starla - Night 2, Innocent report on Shuhan

    My role is Cop. This is the main reason why I was convinced of Starla's Townness, however I'm not too convinced that Kmo AND Huschel is mafia, (my money is on Shuhan and Kmo) so this could mean there's a Godfather.
    Hmmm, so I think the safe bet is to lynch kmo today? I think it is Shuhan and Kmo too. Maybe that explain why Shuhan was wanting to have cop in the beginning if he is indeed godfather. Hmmm.

    And yes, I REALLY hate that I got Cop twice in a row. Thanks a lot, Kirby. >_>
    *pat pat*

  14. #154
    Stay foxy out there! Kitsune Inferno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuhan View Post


    In the end, my picks are either Kitsune/Huschel, or my currently growing suspicion Kitsune/Starlalilymoon.
    Why exactly do you suspect Huschel?

  15. #155

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    Night 1, Innocent report on starla - Night 2, Innocent report on Shuhan

    My role is Cop. This is the main reason why I was convinced of Starla's Townness, however I'm not too convinced that Kmo AND Huschel is mafia, (my money is on Shuhan and Kmo) so this could mean there's a Godfather.
    This makes sense with my French vanilla fantasy. I eventually noticed that you were hinting at your cop role. And I feel like Shuhan did as well which is why he wanted to lynch you. But then again, you did get an innocent report on him so it wouldn't be prudent to lynch him, I don't think. I suggest we try and find the second mafia member. That would be kmo or me. I'd prefer kmo.

    Obviously, KI could have been setting this up. There is no need to be hasty (yet).

    How original is it to still have this in my signature 5 years later?

  16. #156
    Barabarabarabarabara kmohyudin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Falling down

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuhan View Post
    I am very confused by this statement. Are you implying that you wanted to have a target on your back because you claimed vanilla? Please elaborate because the pretense you threw up at days end just didn't make any sense.
    This is an important point that I felt inclined to ignore yesterday, because again new player, but... well, let's talk through it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    Night 1, Innocent report on starla - Night 2, Innocent report on Shuhan

    My role is Cop. This is the main reason why I was convinced of Starla's Townness, however I'm not too convinced that Kmo AND Huschel is mafia, (my money is on Shuhan and Kmo) so this could mean there's a Godfather.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    And yes, I REALLY hate that I got Cop twice in a row. Thanks a lot, Kirby. >_>
    BULLSHIIIIIIIIT!!

    You know that all you need is a freaking mislynch, and dude you went for the easy route of claiming cop!? Lol. Day 1, by YOUR account your number 1 suspect is...


    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    ... If I had paid a little more attention, I'd have been seriously questioning the people who jumped on the random wagon, which you are rightfully doing with me. Some roles in this game are better than others, and I wish I had given things the attention they deserved to take note of that. I feel like Tracker and Roleblocker are inherently less useful roles than the others. Randomizing that makes those roles even worse, because now we don't know what the town has. We can't inherently trust a tracker report while a roleblocker is possible. And a roleblocker could wreak more havoc on the town than the mafia. So, even though this obviously puts me in a bad light, I am going to say with confidence that randomizing was a pretty bad idea. Randomizing feels like a "safe" choice because it keeps information from the Mafia, but I feel like information the town doesn't have is more damaging than information the mafia does, which is why I am immediately suspicious of kmohyudin. But I am equally complicit for just rolling with it, so womp womp...
    Yet you went after Starla of all people.

    Day 2, your number 1 target is....

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    ... At this point, kmohyudin is my #1 suspect...
    tada!! To be fair, you did have another "most suspicious" post you tagged, was that from Shuhan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    So this is probably the most suspicious post I've read so far. One thing I want to point out is that I'm the only person who didn't get on the kevo wagon, so from my point of view, both mafia definitely joined the wagon, and I think our best course of action is taking apart that wagon and seeing who boarded it when.
    Nope, that's Huschel you quoted...

    Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    Makes sense, sure. But that is not the bolded part. What do you mean when you say that a Cop doesn't help mafia at all? Which role helps the mafia when a Townie is wielding it?

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    I think we should lynch kevo_koma today. They haven't been around at all. Which might be a newbie mafia player who is too afraid to do anything. Or a townie who is not around. This would be the day to lynch an inactive player. It'll be too late on D2 with so few players.

    I won't be around for basically the rest of the day, so:

    Unvote
    Vote Lynch: kevo_doma




    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    See? I put down a vote before leaving :P
    Yet you went after Shuhan of all people, not me, not Huschel... Shuhan and Starla...

    By the way, why ever would you claim with two innocent reports? Would a townie think like that? No, town will be playing for the win, so they would be hoping to catch not ONE but two mafia members and claiming today would mean that you would die tonight and the other mafia can still win. Mafia on the other hand claiming... well that's just a win-win right? Either the town believes them, and they win by the mislynch, or someone cross claims and you get the other power role. I can honestly see NO benefit of claiming IN THE FIRST POST when not everyone has even had the chance to speak yet. So, NO. You are NOT the Cop, and whoever has the power role should keep quite. There is NO validity to this claim, and no one would buy it. You don't have to reveal yourself and put a target to your back.

    Now, the question is, who is your partner? Starla I think because of the various missteps and you claiming their innocence, but boy did you mess up.

    Vote Lynch: Kitsune Inferno

    I know what you said Shuhan, but this is a done deal for me. I don't think we should hammer, but my vote stays for now.
    Will give life altering advice for a cup of frothy cappuccino

  17. #157

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    If we assume now that there is a Godfather, then that changes the whole Day 0 dynamic.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Um. Can you unvote, maybe? Haven't read your post yet...

    How original is it to still have this in my signature 5 years later?

  18. #158
    Barabarabarabarabara kmohyudin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Falling down

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    I also would like to request that if you are vanilla, you need to mind what you post else you would give away the power role by elimination.
    Will give life altering advice for a cup of frothy cappuccino

  19. #159

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by kmohyudin View Post
    I also would like to request that if you are vanilla, you need to mind what you post else you would give away the power role by elimination.
    Was that in relation to #155? Why does referencing Drag race always get me in trouble? XD

    Anyway, we are at lylo. We have to lynch successfully today. I don't think there is much reason not to eventually claim today.

    How original is it to still have this in my signature 5 years later?

  20. #160
    *Angry Catra noises* Shuhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    An arctic kitchen

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    ....I'm at a loss...

    Claiming cop now? In lieu of sounding exactly like Kmo, you didn't wait to put that out there till everyone had posted?

    My finger is itching to vote you right now. I appreciate the fake report on me, but no this is not sitting well with me at all. At this point, I want to vote Kitsune out today to see if his story checks out. If it's true and barring a godfather? Bully for me and Starla. But I am more inclined to look through that bogus claim and continue with my gut.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts