+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 268

Thread: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

  1. #121

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Alrighty, here's some stuff I noticed.

    starla was the first person to vote for a role (the cop) and got that going. Fizzie joined right after. To me that is a Town move (unless, of course, the mafia picked Godfather, but I still don't think so).
    Fizzie in general is giving me Townie vibes and a good approach to the setup. They also asked about information in #103, but that was a general question not directed at anybody in particular. So not as alarming as what starla did.

    In #71, kmo points out that KI is accusing everybody at once. Which is what I noticed in his post from today as well.

    In #83, Shuhan responds to Fizzie and says that lynching an inactive player just for the numbers is not what he would like to do. Except when they're really, really inactive and then it's okay. Which was the original topic. So that's kinda strange.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuhan
    Yeah, forum based mafia games are a different breed from more fast paced versions, so I understand your position.

    The thing that bugs me the most is Huschel's quick switch to Kevo. To my own logic, Kitsune is probably a better vote and in all honesty I would be on that wagon.

    No, he goes from saying he isn't going to lift his vote from Kitsune, to his next post immediately switching to vote out an inactive. My honest guess atm with speculation being the forefront of this, Kitsune is mafia who is playing dumb while Huschel his partner throws sus on his buddy to look good if the lynch goes through.
    The wrench is why would he change immediately to voting Kevo when his reasoning seems sound? It doesn't add up to flip flop at this point, unless you are trying to backtrack and protect his buddy for the night.

    That is how I'm interpreting this situation. Does anyone follow, or am I completely out of my mind?
    I only just saw this post. I switched my vote so abruptly because I realized that kevo hadn't been around at all. Like I said, I had forgotten they were part of the roster.

    When I started reading this post, I was wondering whether KI and Shuhan were the mafia and were both trying to throw suspicion my way. And whether Shuhan was distancing himself from Kitsune saying that he would prefer to vote for KI over kevo. And then you sort of have a similar theory about KI and myself. At least we can agree on the fox. My little reread didn't really assuage my suspicion towards him.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    As of right now, my top suspects are Shuhan and Kitsune because I can see them working as a team. I have little to no read on kmo. starla has been hard to pin down as well because there's many things I find confusing. But she tried to get us the cop role that Town wanted. Fizzie is low on my list.

    I've been trying to think about the way the mafia picks their kill target. Let's say that after Day 1 I was a high-profile target, but they were scared of me being protected by a doctor or observed by a watcher. Now during Day 2, people have grown more suspicious of me, so those two roles may be less inclined to target me and mafia might off me after all. This is just an example. What I'm getting at is that we can potentially try to figure out the power the mafia has by analyzing what they are(n't) afraid of. Just something for the future.

    How original is it to still have this in my signature 5 years later?

  2. #122
    Stay foxy out there! Kitsune Inferno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    You say my post/behaviour is very suspicious, but then you explain that starting a wagon is not suspicious. Which one is it?
    It's confusing. I said as much in my response. I'd like to think you are scum but you're doing things that would be bold for scum to do with this player pool. Hence my confusion. Are you clear? Not at all. Are you clearly scum? Also not at all. At this point I just have vibes and my vibes with you aren't great. But when are they ever?

    You think it's odd that I chose to unvote you. Why, exactly? It's been pointed out to me that the reason I voted for you also applied to other people. noswords and Shuhan specifically, if I remember right. noswords is Town so that seems like a point in my favour.
    I found it odd because you were very adamant about voting me, suggested you weren't going to get your vote off of me, then turned around and took your vote off of me and started an entirely different wagon. If you weren't the ONLY vote on me and the ONLY vote on kevo when you switched, it would raise a ton of suspicion. So that's why it's suspicious to me.

    My point is, you seem to be throwing around suspicions waiting to see what will stick. You say that both mafia members were part of the kevo wagon because you are Town. That seems rather obvious and almost not worth stating. Is it suspicious for people to vote now? Of course, you can analyze the build of the wagon, but the premise seems flawed to me and so do your conclusions.
    Honestly, this is why I struggle with staying active in this game. I do like the bare minimum of scumhunting and you choose to have the absolute worst take on it. I'm not "throwing around suspicions", I'm trying to analyze what little information we have.

    Like this part. You say that the person who drops the hammer is immediately suspicious. Except it was noswords who did it and he's town so it's apparently not a very good tell.

    She might be. You should know. Everybody was on there. Why is that again? I thought hammering was suspicious...
    You're like willfully misinterpreting the point I was getting at. I don't think the hammer, on its own, is suspicious. What makes it suspicious is the timing of the votes, as well as my (admittedly somewhat diminishing) belief that starla is town. It's worth noting who joined the wagon and when because there's so many different ways it could go.

    When I first read your post, I was annoyed because you called me suspicious when I was the person to actively be doing things. And now you've put yourself out there and I don't like some of your arguments which makes me suspicious of you. I hate that :P
    It's almost like appearing scummy is a town trait or something.


    First of all, why not me or someone more active? Rude.
    What I meant was "you or one of the other more active players", but I think you already knew that.

  3. #123

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    What I meant was "you or one of the other more active players", but I think you already knew that.
    Alright, I'll dial it down. I apologize if I made you feel bad about playing this game.

    How original is it to still have this in my signature 5 years later?

  4. #124
    Stay foxy out there! Kitsune Inferno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    In #71, kmo points out that KI is accusing everybody at once. Which is what I noticed in his post from today as well.
    Again this is a really frustrating and annoying take. I'm trying to elicit discussion and not discount possibilities, and as far as I'm concerned, nobody is publicly clear. Especially if we No Lynch today (which is potentially a good idea, if the Mafias odds weren't so good of hitting a power role), I think it's a little early to come to conclusions. It's frustrating to say "Huschel started two wagons and he's active, so he MUST be town", especially when that's exactly what a mafiaperson would want me to do.

  5. #125

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    sorry for not participating guys,

    My small sister was hit with covid and I had to take care of her for awhile. she;s doing ok, luckily its not the new strain that's devastating my country


    I hope I can participate next time
    I'm really sorry to hear this! I'm glad she's doing ok. Definitely hope to get to play with you next time!

    ~~~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by starlalilymoon View Post
    Fizzie still never answered my question, so that's a little sus.
    Sorry I didn't see your question! I did not receive any information over the night. The reason I was asking is because the last game I read before this one, people were getting items taken over the night, I didn't know if something like that could be happening in this game as well.

    ~~~~~

    KI didn't strike me as accusing everyone to see what sticks. We have minimal information at this point, and it's good to point out everything we can about the timing and stances of both day 0 role votes and day 1 lynch votes. It's unfortunate that we don't seem to have the cop role to give us a yes or no on someone.

    kmo is my #1 suspect but at this point I don't think we have enough information to risk a mislynch. I'm leaning pretty strongly towards nolynch tonight, in which case we should wait and see what happens.

    By the way, can someone remind me what MYLO means?

  6. #126

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Hmmm, the only one that has not spoken yet has been kmo who still has yet to reply to why he voted the way he did. So, he may or may not be one of the mafia.

    I think it be best that we do a no lynch today. It was risky enough to vote out kevo, and I don't want another mislynch. Unless someone has any info that make someone a more probable suspect, I think I'm not gonna vote anyone out for today.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuhan View Post
    Star: I understand you are trying to get info from anyone that might have done anything, but asking that way makes it seem like you are role fishing and trying to out the power users. Sometimes those with abilities either have nothing or they are trying to play with their cards close to the vest and waiting to give the information at the proper moment. Unless it's like a cop got a guilty report, maybe that would be the first thing that player would say, but I would say if anyone got info, but doesn't have info to help them decide if what they got could help prove scum guilty. As it is, if the information is worth the danger of outing your ability, I'd say take it, otherwise I'd keep it under wraps until you can build a proper case.
    Oh, I didn't think of that. Honestly I guess I was hoping someone be cop or something that make someone more suspicious. Guess today is gonna be a no lynch.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fizzie View Post
    Sorry I didn't see your question! I did not receive any information over the night. The reason I was asking is because the last game I read before this one, people were getting items taken over the night, I didn't know if something like that could be happening in this game as well.
    Oh, oki. I understand.

    By the way, can someone remind me what MYLO means?
    I think it's something to do with the first day being a mislynch, and then the second day having no lynch? I'm still new with that lingo as well.

  7. #127
    *Angry Catra noises* Shuhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    An arctic kitchen

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Honestly, I'm glad you at least agree with me on Kitsune Huschel, that post was literally just speculation at best with how I saw the day progress. At this point I still have sight on Kitsune only because almost all of his posts seem to be just off. Taking the past two days into account I feel safe to do this and don't really plan on changing this.

    vote lynch: Kitsune Inferno

    Being defensive is one thing, but the more I read your posts, you seem more keen on protecting yourself than anything else.

    I'm going to be busy the next several hours, but if you got any questions for me, I'll answer them as quickly as possible.

  8. #128

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Speculation: What if the two mafia is Huschel and Kitsune and them accusing each other is part of a ruse to make us believe they are town? It feels like the perfect cover, plus both of them didn't vote for Cop on Day 0 because that would cripple them if we had a Cop. Thoughts?

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Hmmm, after seeing Shuhan's post, I'm starting to think they are mafia. I wonder if it is a Huschel/Shuhan mafia gang then? I'm a little sus of kitsune but not because of what he was saying, it feels more like he is speculating. Kitsune also said he has information, but it depends if he actually keeps that promise.

  9. #129
    *Angry Catra noises* Shuhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    An arctic kitchen

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Star, may I ask your reasoning for suspecting me?

  10. #130

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuhan View Post
    Star, may I ask your reasoning for suspecting me?
    Because you voted for Kitsune, when we don't have enough proof he's scum, and we can't risk another mislynch. I rather go no lynch till we have something more concrete.

  11. #131
    Barabarabarabarabara kmohyudin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Falling down

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Hey, sorry for not being active, had to embark on an unplanned and job related trip. I should be able to contribute when I get back to the hotel, which should be in about 10 or so hours.
    Will give life altering advice for a cup of frothy cappuccino

  12. #132

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    Again this is a really frustrating and annoying take. I'm trying to elicit discussion and not discount possibilities, and as far as I'm concerned, nobody is publicly clear. Especially if we No Lynch today (which is potentially a good idea, if the Mafias odds weren't so good of hitting a power role), I think it's a little early to come to conclusions. It's frustrating to say "Huschel started two wagons and he's active, so he MUST be town", especially when that's exactly what a mafiaperson would want me to do.
    I wasn't trying to say that people should see me as a confirmed Townie. There is little to no way of gaining that status. I am trying to point out what I perceive to be inconsistencies or statements without much actual meat to them. Because those are things that mafia likes to do. Unfortunately, sometimes Town does that as well. I have switched my vote and you as well as Shuhan have called me out on it. I explained my thought process and I hope that it makes sense to somebody (besides me).

    Quote Originally Posted by Fizzie View Post
    kmo is my #1 suspect but at this point I don't think we have enough information to risk a mislynch. I'm leaning pretty strongly towards nolynch tonight, in which case we should wait and see what happens.

    By the way, can someone remind me what MYLO means?
    Is there anything about kmo beyond the semi-inactivity? I'm trying to make up my mind about him.

    MYLO (or MILO) stands for Mislynch and Lose. You are already acting correctly (imo) by not wanting to lynch today because if we hit another Townie and mafia kills during the night, we lose. MYLO means that if we lynch it has to be mafia or it's game over.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuhan View Post
    Honestly, I'm glad you at least agree with me on Kitsune Huschel, that post was literally just speculation at best with how I saw the day progress. At this point I still have sight on Kitsune only because almost all of his posts seem to be just off. Taking the past two days into account I feel safe to do this and don't really plan on changing this.

    vote lynch: Kitsune Inferno

    Being defensive is one thing, but the more I read your posts, you seem more keen on protecting yourself than anything else.

    I'm going to be busy the next several hours, but if you got any questions for me, I'll answer them as quickly as possible.
    You seem adamant about lynching today. What's the benefit over waiting another Night phase? We know we have some sort of power roles.

    Quote Originally Posted by starlalilymoon View Post
    Speculation: What if the two mafia is Huschel and Kitsune and them accusing each other is part of a ruse to make us believe they are town? It feels like the perfect cover, plus both of them didn't vote for Cop on Day 0 because that would cripple them if we had a Cop. Thoughts?
    It's as likely a theory as any, but I did in fact vote for Cop.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by kmohyudin View Post
    Hey, sorry for not being active, had to embark on an unplanned and job related trip. I should be able to contribute when I get back to the hotel, which should be in about 10 or so hours.
    Fair enough. I'd appreciate input on today's big themes:
    - lynch or no lynch?
    - mafia teams (not individual members)

    I also want to know what you think about starla claiming vanilla townie.

    How original is it to still have this in my signature 5 years later?

  13. #133
    OKAMA WAY Kirbycide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Blooming in the Depths of Hell

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    DAY TWO - UPDATE

    Six players are alive. Each player gets one vote. Four votes are required to achieve a majority.

    Kitsune Inferno (1 vote): Shuhan

    11 hours remain.

  14. #134

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by kmohyudin View Post
    Hey, sorry for not being active, had to embark on an unplanned and job related trip. I should be able to contribute when I get back to the hotel, which should be in about 10 or so hours.
    U up ?

    How original is it to still have this in my signature 5 years later?

  15. #135
    Barabarabarabarabara kmohyudin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Falling down

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    U up ?
    Yeah, just got here. Give me a moment to write a response :D
    Will give life altering advice for a cup of frothy cappuccino

  16. #136

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by kmohyudin View Post
    Yeah, just got here. Give me a moment to write a response :D
    No.

    Vote Lynch: kmohyudin

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Okay, fine.

    Unvote

    How original is it to still have this in my signature 5 years later?

  17. #137
    Barabarabarabarabara kmohyudin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Falling down

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Okay, so that's a lot to unpack. But, I think we got some good ideas brewing over the day, so let me add my two cents. But, before that, I should answer some direct questions that were asked of me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    Kmohyudin: If you're mafia, you're playing a careful game at odds with a need to cause a mislynch. If you're mafia, I believe your scumbuddy was already on the wagon beside you. Are you at all suspicious of Huschel or Fizzie? Also, can you explain in your own words your thought process when it came time to switch from no lynching to lynching kevo?
    Certainly. The reason for my "switch", and I will explain why that's in quotes in a sec, was threefold. Punishing inactivity, making progress, and most importantly; negation of my reasons to NOT vote. Let me explain:

    First of all, Kevo wasn't the only person not active yesterday. I would say that half the "town" wasn't participating as they should, and that included you, Shuhan, and no swords. I understand that there were real world reasons for that, but purely from the information we had back then, it was obvious that inactivity has become the bane of town's progress. The game started at day 0, so technically this was the second day of inactivity and to be frank, I got frustrated. Even at the start of the day, in my second post (#71), I said as such. Therefore, I felt that it was necessary to take action and use my vote to punish inactivity so that any potential lurking mafia would know that the town isn't afraid to make hard decisions.

    Second, unless we took action, it seemed to me that the town would be stuck in sort of a "Limbo" (haha, get it?) and that we wouldn't have anything new to discuss the next day. I would suggest that your interesting analysis of bandwagon wouldn't have followed unless there was a vote yesterday. This is also something I suggested when I posted my vote (#91).

    Lastly, there were two main reasons for me to be suggesting a no lynch. One I was afraid that we might lose a power role, but I said before I voted, that at some point we had to realize that an inactive power role, doesn't really help us (#89). The second reason was my assumption that not lynching day 1 would give our investigative roles an extra night (#77). Which I later realized is the same thing as being in a MYLO situation and not voting. Therefore, both of my reasons kinda faded and the merits of lynching become more apparent than demerits.

    The second question you asked regarding Fizzie and Huschel, I would say Fizzie is a little higher on my list than Huschel.

    Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    Fair enough. I'd appreciate input on today's big themes:
    - lynch or no lynch?
    - mafia teams (not individual members)

    I also want to know what you think about starla claiming vanilla townie.
    1. No lynch obviously. We are in MYLO.
    2. Right now, I am leaning towards a Fizzie-Kitsune. You and Starla seem townish to me. Shuhan is giving me bad vibes individually, but can't see him as part of a team, you know?
    3. They shouldn't have claimed. But, I think KI explained that well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    Shuhan: If you're mafia, I feel like you deliberately waited for the hammer to cast your vote, and if I'm right about Starla, you are the only person in the back half of the wagon who raises suspicion. Can you explain why you voted for Kevo ten minutes after the hammer had already dropped? Also, how much stock do you put into the shape of wagons?
    @Shuhan, I don't think you answered this question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    kmo is waiting for a "compelling" reason to drop his no lynch stance...

    ...Here, kmo is lowering his guard about a no lynch.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fizzie View Post
    I'm mostly suspicious of kmohyudin for the reasons you listed, jumping on the bandwagon after pushing for no lynch.
    These seem a bit unfair. I'd say calling what I did "pushing for a no lynch" is a stretch at best, and deliberately misleading at worst. Can you please show me where exactly was I pushing for a no lynch?

    Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    sorry for not participating guys,

    My small sister was hit with covid and I had to take care of her for awhile. she;s doing ok, luckily its not the new strain that's devastating my country


    I hope I can participate next time
    Oh dear. I hope she is better, and you are awesome to take care of her!

    Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    I've been trying to think about the way the mafia picks their kill target. Let's say that after Day 1 I was a high-profile target, but they were scared of me being protected by a doctor or observed by a watcher. Now during Day 2, people have grown more suspicious of me, so those two roles may be less inclined to target me and mafia might off me after all. This is just an example. What I'm getting at is that we can potentially try to figure out the power the mafia has by analyzing what they are(n't) afraid of. Just something for the future.
    Ooh OOH!! So, what I think you are trying to say is that since the mafia went for a unobvious target; that implies that if they had a role that would enable them to either kill without repercussion (ninja) or kill unobstructed (strongman) they would had more confidence to go after a more obvious target (which from your POV is you)? But, since they didn't... that would... what? Mean it's more likely that there role is a godfather?
    Will give life altering advice for a cup of frothy cappuccino

  18. #138

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Hmmm, this is getting hard. Wish we had more information. Since kmo has spoken it makes it even harder to pin down. Though only one thing is certain Shuhan voting for Kitsune is highly suspicious. Especially because we at MYLO. And since I have the power of the vote being a vanilla townie, I will indeed not make a vote for this day.

    Also, still waiting for Kitsune to give his information out. A Kitsune/Shuhan team be interesting but I doubt a mafia would vote for one of their own like that. Maybe it's a Shuhan/Fizzie or Shuhan/kmo? I'm leaning towards more Shuhan and Fizzie being the mafia then Shuhan and kmo. Just a vibe/feeling I guess.

    Huschel is low on my list at the moment, along with Kitsune, unless Kitsune does not give the info out that he promised, so that will give me suspicions about him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    It's as likely a theory as any, but I did in fact vote for Cop.
    Yeah, I just double checked. Nevermind, that theory breaks. Sorry about that ><

  19. #139

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Ooh OOH!! So, what I think you are trying to say is that since the mafia went for a unobvious target; that implies that if they had a role that would enable them to either kill without repercussion (ninja) or kill unobstructed (strongman) they would had more confidence to go after a more obvious target (which from your POV is you)? But, since they didn't... that would... what? Mean it's more likely that there role is a godfather?
    I used myself as an example because I was sort of questioned for not having been killed. And this is not really useful right now, but I wanted to get it out there just in case I can't tomorrow. Maybe the game is too short to do anything with this, but who knows.

    Quote Originally Posted by kmohyudin View Post
    1. No lynch obviously. We are in MYLO.
    2. Right now, I am leaning towards a Fizzie-Kitsune. You and Starla seem townish to me. Shuhan is giving me bad vibes individually, but can't see him as part of a team, you know?
    3. They shouldn't have claimed. But, I think KI explained that well.
    Thanks for answering. I would like to ask Shuhan the same question #3 now, but there isn't any time, unfortunately. So instead I'll just ask everybody. Is it just me? Am I the only one that finds it strange that starla put down breadcrumbs on Day 0 to prove that she is a Vanilla Townie? Are the people who don't pick up on that mafia? Anybody?

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    starla, don't answer that.

    How original is it to still have this in my signature 5 years later?

  20. #140
    Barabarabarabarabara kmohyudin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Falling down

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    Am I the only one that finds it strange that starla put down breadcrumbs on Day 0 to prove that she is a Vanilla Townie? Are the people who don't pick up on that mafia? Anybody?
    I did notice that, but I chalked it up as another of their newbie misses. I don't want to be mean... but, they have been kinda up in the air regarding the setup from the start.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    I used myself as an example because I was sort of questioned for not having been killed. And this is not really useful right now, but I wanted to get it out there just in case I can't tomorrow. Maybe the game is too short to do anything with this, but who knows.
    Au contraire, I thought that was a rather useful line of thought.
    Will give life altering advice for a cup of frothy cappuccino

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts