+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1,016: It's Me, Otama!!

Default Chapter 1,016: It's Me, Otama!!

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1009379

Enjoy it!

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Spoiler:

For those unimpressed by "Nami's" fight: I do feel Page One and Ulti were wasted, but they may still have some role in this arc (but not as matches for the SHs). There were some people thinking they'd fit in Kid's crew, and with how they were treated, I could see it happening when the Yonko are defeated.

Also, this did not feel like a Nami fight. It becomes way more satisfying if you consider it a Zeus fight. This is the conclusion of his mini-arc, and the presentation of Nami's power-up. Nami's moment will come later, when that upgrade is put to its full display.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Default Re: Chapter 1,016 - It's me, OTama!

It's an okay chapter overall, but Nami's victory here feels so flat. I'd wished to see actual natural progression so it was more satisfying but oh well...

So Yamato... A done deal for Strawhats huh
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Ok after the complete turnaround that happened in the previous chapter, tension in this arc is at an all time low. Nobody stays down, everyone magically gets back up. If only Oda could actually kill characters, this arc would be a million times better. Instead characters survive and ruin the tension of the arc.

Hopefully the Kaido - Yamato flashback comes soon. I couldn't care less for the atrocious Tama plotline.

3/10 chapter. Only the last couple of pages were good. Ulti is also awesome.

Nami didn't have full agency when finishing off Ulti. Her weather egg powered Zeus up for the attack, I guess. Ulti's defeat just feels so bland.
    15 pages.
    Minor complaint: Tama is drawn TOO small in that Sargasso panel. I almost couldn't see her.

Readable chapter, I guess. Can't say I like it, though. Indifferent at best.

Hmm

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Can't say I was a fan of this chapter. The Nami vs. Ulti fight was too disjointed and ultimately too short to really be meaningful. If Nami was gonna get Zeus back and use him to finish off Ulti, there was no need for Big Mom to do a homie attack on her and thus reduce Nami's role. The culmination of the fight was good, but most of the things leading up to it...not so much. Part of me thinks Ulti might not be down for the count, but at the same time her coming back would run a heavy risk of dragging things too much. And let's not even get into Page One and how he did literally nothing besides tangle with Usopp's plants for a bit lmao. Whatever, let's head off to Yamato vs. Kaido now.

Spoiler:

I actually enjoyed how Oda went about having Nami defeat Ulti. In a straight fight, Nami would never win against Ulti but that isn't how battles go. Ulti underestimated her opponents and as such is now defeated. The comments Nami directed at Ulti during their prior encounter reverberated across the castle interior and right through Ulti. Nami's actions (supported by Usopp and Zeus) have conveyed exactly how serious she was. If you get on her bad side, be prepared for the consequences. To me it felt consistent with how Nami would defeat an opponent of Ulti's strength. And I enjoyed it. Ulti was weakened but I liked how Oda made Nami look OP. Looking forward to seeing how Nami integrates Zeus into her attack rotation going forward.

And yeah, Yamato pretty much confirmed as a Straw Hat Pirate nakama. Yamato is behaving as a Straw Hat Pirate would - believing in Luffy and doing his part.

Lie turns into reality Tabasco Boshi's Avatar

My only question is if Luffy would want someone who's read Oden's journal on the ship. "Just promise you won't tell us anything" ? lol

Well, I guess that's a Luffy thing to do.

Also Kaido seems completely unhurt.. What the heck. How is he even going down.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    Luffy's devil fruit power-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco Boshi View Post
    My only question is if Luffy would want someone who's read Oden's journal on the ship. "Just promise you won't tell us anything" ? lol

Well, I guess that's a Luffy thing to do.
    What's the problem with having read Oden's journal?

Lie turns into reality Tabasco Boshi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coookie View Post
    What's the problem with having read Oden's journal?
    There's no "problem". I literally "solved it" in my post. I was just wondering how much info it really contains and how Luffy would never want to know too much about what's to come. Yamato will join.

Zeus as a cloud was already a dope power-up, so seeing him becoming an even more impressive power-up by merging with Nami's Clima-Tact is even more impressive. And here I was thinking it was looking like he'd gotten weaker, not stronger lol

I know i'm just opening up myself for ridicule here, but this chapter honestly makes me question what OP will be like going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco Boshi View Post
    There's no "problem". I literally "solved it" in my post. I was just wondering how much info it really contains and how Luffy would never want to know too much about what's to come. Yamato will join.
    That's what I think about the whole Oden's journal issue. We will probably get to know the most important information anyway, since Momo knows them now. There won't be any answers to the big questions, I guess.

...And we've seen Oden not telling the exact truth (remember der not-crying part, when Roger left?). There might be some truth in his journal, but the Straw Hats will find out there are some twists to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    I mean, Luffy’s attacks hurt Kaido and made him bleed, to which Kaido even admitted to. It’s just a matter of Luffy keeping up his stamina and being consistent with his attacks to defeat Kaido all the way at this point.

I love Nami's new weapon infused with Zeus, he's gonna be a powerful weapon for her going forward.

I'm so annoyed at Page One and Ulti being taken out the way they were. I expected way more from them both.

I appreciate that Nami got some sort of power-up but it just feels like she is piggy-backing off Big Mom's power and it isn't really her strength. Conflicted!

I was wondering what name Nami gave Zeus in Japanese and it was Wata which is the word for cotton. I would have translated it as Cotton Ball because I think it is funny.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    I wonder why we didn't see a skilled swordman with a seastone sword. IT would have cut trough all these broken fruit users Like butter
    Yes, Oda has disappointed me there. Specifically after introducing Smoker's seasons tipped jutte.

Seastone is a super strong material. Probably second only to poneglyphs material and equal to steel if not better and no swordsman has decided to make it in to a sword.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

I always considered seastone to be like diamond, incredibly hard but super brittle and not suited to be used as a blade

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information