+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 301

Thread: Chapter 1,016: It's Me, Otama!!

  1. #21

    Default Re: Chapter 1,016 - It's me, OTama!

    Quote Originally Posted by Coookie View Post
    I always considered seastone to be like diamond, incredibly hard but super brittle and not suited to be used as a blade
    Agreed. Swords are made of metal not because it's tough, but because it's malleable as well.

    The only seastone weapon we've seen is a spear Capone had, but it makes sense since plenty of spears do use rock for the tip.

  2. #22
    Discovered Stowaway Galleon Panthera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    The Netherlands

    Default Re: Chapter 1,016 - It's me, OTama!

    Great chapter. So Yamato is pretty much set as to be a Straw Hat pirate. Im cool with it, but I still think the other girl is joining as well. Who said only one could join? And Zeus being a living ClimaTact with shapeshifting powers. Yeah, that is a pretty good upgrade. A shame that the Ulti fight was done so wrongly.

  3. #23
    Discovered Stowaway andre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Mt. GOATmore

    Default Re: Chapter 1,016 - It's me, OTama!

    Yeah, Yamato as a Straw Hat seems extremely likely to me at this point. It's hard to deny that's where Oda is going.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

  4. #24

    Default Re: Chapter 1,016 - It's me, OTama!

    So, I just saw this on twitter: "Nami's habit of giving silly uninspired names is such an unappreciated trait of hers" - and now I'm like...wait, Nami has a habit of giving uninspired names to things or people?

    Is anyone taking notes of said moments? Now I'm genuinely curious.

  5. #25
    Ship's sommelier Xelloss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland

    Default Re: Chapter 1,016 - It's me, OTama!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco Boshi View Post
    My only question is if Luffy would want someone who's read Oden's journal on the ship. "Just promise you won't tell us anything" ? lol
    Whatever is in that journal, we are going to learn it anyway at the end of Wano.
    Given how the story has been constructed, we are not going to leave Wano without learning something significant about why Wano is so important (particularly: why Momo must not die) and, hopefully, the relationship between Luffy and Joyboy or whatever Luffy told Ace and Sabo to make them laugh that much. THANK GOD FOR THAT

    (Unless Oda decides to backtrack once again: that would be truly regrettable because there is a limit to how much you can tease readers without annoying them)

    There is no reason to assume Oden's journal contains much more information than that. So, we shouldn't assume Yamato would be at risk of destroying the story.

    NOT EVEN CLOSE, SIR!

  6. #26
    The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    I hacked ultimateclima's account

    Default Re: Chapter 1,016 - It's me, OTama!

    Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    So, I just saw this on twitter: "Nami's habit of giving silly uninspired names is such an unappreciated trait of hers" - and now I'm like...wait, Nami has a habit of giving uninspired names to things or people?

    Is anyone taking notes of said moments? Now I'm genuinely curious.
    the only time I can think of is Eyelashes for the camel in Alabasta. Can’t think of other times at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what he’s lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

  7. #27
    Ship's sommelier Xelloss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland

    Default Re: Chapter 1,016 - It's me, OTama!

    Concerning Yamato's likely entry into the SHP, aren't you also looking forward to seeing him respond to Sanji's behaviour with a thunder bagua?

    NOT EVEN CLOSE, SIR!

  8. #28
    Kick-Ass Finalis desa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere

    Default Re: Chapter 1,016 - It's me, OTama!

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    I know i'm just opening up myself for ridicule here, but this chapter honestly makes me question what OP will be like going forward.
    What do you mean? Pacing wise? Rush build up and underwhelming payoff, stakes?



  9. #29

    Default Re: Chapter 1,016 - It's me, OTama!

    As much as I dislike the circumstances around it, I do like the idea of the Zeus-infused climatact.
    Hopefully, Nami does more with it than just lightning spam, Mirage Tempo where the fake Nami is Zeus in disguise has comedic potential.

  10. #30

    Default Re: Chapter 1,016 - It's me, OTama!

    I, uh, forgot where Sanji knows Otama from.
    “As I stand out here in the wonders of the unknown at Hadley, I sort of realize there’s a fundamental truth to our nature: Man must explore!” – David Scott, Moon

  11. #31

    Default Re: Chapter 1,016 - It's me, OTama!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    I, uh, forgot where Sanji knows Otama from.
    I don't think they ever interacted on-panel. Same with Nami/Usopp and Tama before Onigashima.
    But everyone spent the last few days together getting ready for the raid, so that's when most characters from the arc met most Straw Hats.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

  12. #32
    Discovered Stowaway Zek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    North Dakota

    Default Re: Chapter 1,016 - It's me, OTama!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    the only time I can think of is Eyelashes for the camel in Alabasta. Can’t think of other times at the moment.
    Didn’t she also name the big crab Scissors?

  13. #33

    Default Re: Chapter 1,016 - It's me, OTama!

    Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Agreed. Swords are made of metal not because it's tough, but because it's malleable as well.

    The only seastone weapon we've seen is a spear Capone had, but it makes sense since plenty of spears do use rock for the tip.
    Wasn't Smoker's OG Baton also made of seastone? It seems it's more suited for blunt weapons than more intricate stuff like swords and martial arts weapons.

  14. #34
    Chocolate or raisins? Coookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Chapter 1,016 - It's me, OTama!

    Quote Originally Posted by LordButler View Post
    Wasn't Smoker's OG Baton also made of seastone? It seems it's more suited for blunt weapons than more intricate stuff like swords and martial arts weapons.
    It was only the tip

  15. #35
    Omne ignotum pro magnifico Zik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

    Default Re: Chapter 1,016 - It's me, OTama!

    Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Agreed. Swords are made of metal not because it's tough, but because it's malleable as well.

    The only seastone weapon we've seen is a spear Capone had, but it makes sense since plenty of spears do use rock for the tip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coookie View Post
    I always considered seastone to be like diamond, incredibly hard but super brittle and not suited to be used as a blade
    I always considered seastone to be like an incredibly dense stone. Hence Capone's seastone spear. Its rock carved in to sharp edges.

    So while not technically like a metal blade for a sword it'd be like wielding a big slab in the shape of a sword with a sharp enough and if wielded with enough force the sheer speed and strength of it can tear through things.

    Never thought it was really similar to diamond given how its portrayed.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Galleon Panthera View Post
    Great chapter. So Yamato is pretty much set as to be a Straw Hat pirate. Im cool with it, but I still think the other girl is joining as well. Who said only one could join? And Zeus being a living ClimaTact with shapeshifting powers. Yeah, that is a pretty good upgrade. A shame that the Ulti fight was done so wrongly.
    Would be the first time Oda has had two ppl join at the same time.

    Especially since he didn't establish Carrot as a member earlier back in WCI but instead used that to have Jimbe officially join.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

  16. #36
    The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    I hacked ultimateclima's account

    Default Re: Chapter 1,016 - It's me, OTama!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zek View Post
    Didn’t she also name the big crab Scissors?
    think so that’s a good point
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what he’s lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

  17. #37

    Default Re: Chapter 1,016 - It's me, OTama!

    What is the difference between a story arc versus a saga?



    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    I know i'm just opening up myself for ridicule here, but this chapter honestly makes me question what OP will be like going forward.
    Why do you say that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Galleon Panthera View Post
    Great chapter. So Yamato is pretty much set as to be a Straw Hat pirate. Im cool with it, but I still think the other girl is joining as well. Who said only one could join? And Zeus being a living ClimaTact with shapeshifting powers. Yeah, that is a pretty good upgrade. A shame that the Ulti fight was done so wrongly.
    That would really throw us for a surprise. Maybe Carrot can be the stowaway, while Yamato be the apprentice. Also, I wonder if Zeus counts as a crewmember now, since he is technically with Nami now.

    Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Yeah, Yamato as a Straw Hat seems extremely likely to me at this point. It's hard to deny that's where Oda is going.
    Yeah! I'm happy about her joining! I really do like her as a character. (Hence my avatar xD)

    Quote Originally Posted by Xelloss View Post
    or whatever Luffy told Ace and Sabo to make them laugh that much.
    This I'm hoping we do see at the end of this arc! And I think it might be very liking since it was brought up earlier in the arc.

  18. #38

    Default Re: Chapter 1,016 - It's me, OTama!

    Quote Originally Posted by starlalilymoon View Post
    What is the difference between a story arc versus a saga?
    A saga is usually made up of multiple arcs.


  19. #39

    Default Re: Chapter 1,016 - It's me, OTama!

    Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post
    A saga is usually made up of multiple arcs.

    https://i.ibb.co/S6CzMk6/606-FF567-0...134-A26023.png
    I get it now. Though wouldn't the bigger story arcs like Dressrosa and Wano be split into smaller ones? Like with the Wano story arc, it would be the stuff before the raid Act I and Act II and then the raid? I always wonder why One Piece story arcs always revolved around the islands they visit, instead of just the different events/climax.

  20. #40

    Default Re: Chapter 1,016 - It's me, OTama!

    Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    What do you mean? Pacing wise? Rush build up and underwhelming payoff, stakes?
    I just imagine what if this wasn't a singular lapse in judgement? What if this is how it'll be from here on out? And if i personally will be able to draw the same entertainment i used to from a story where the mains i used to love get relegated more and more to the sidelines while their feats and moments get divided to whatever side character happens to be around atm.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts