+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1,015: Chains

Default Re: Chapter 1,015: Chains

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    None saw the roof battle to give him bounty
    CP0 have a human Mary with them, it’s entirely plausible that Marys witnessed the fight on the rooftop

Quote Originally Posted by Coookie View Post
    CP0 have a human Mary with them, it’s entirely plausible that Marys witnessed the fight on the rooftop
    For all we know they are all holding score cards and doing a whole jury judgement on style, form and execution

D: Nice to meet you today, Oda-sensei. Now, here is my question to you. Who is it that takes those pictures for the wanted posters distributed by the Marines?

O: That'd be this dude here.

Name: Attach Nickname: Atta-chan.

He's extremely quick and can sneak into any place he wants. He is called "Flaming Atta-chan" because he yells "Fire!!" whenever he hits the shutter.

I'm not surprised that we got instant confirmation that Luffy's not dead.

Consider this parallel:

Pretty similar scenarios.
    Luffy got a second bite of the apple, dealt some good blows, then got dispatched/defeated for a short bit.
    In Alabasta Luffy was instantly revived afterwards by his water blasts, then he took a 5 minute nap before he entered round 3.
    Replace that with him getting revived by the Heart Pirates this time around, and it's pretty much the same frame.

Yamato VS Kaido will rage for a little bit, but Luffy will eventually come back up and tag team for his round 3.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Discovered Stowaway hideoushorrendous's Avatar

The communication between Luffy and Momo seems silly and bland

IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post

Consider this parallel:

https://i.gyazo.com/d99abf45a37478c9...de715d1bb9.jpg

Luffy got a second bite of the apple, dealt some good blows, then got dispatched/defeated for a short bit.
    In Alabasta Luffy was instantly revived afterwards by his water blasts, then he took a 5 minute nap before he entered round 3.
    Replace that with him getting revived by the Heart Pirates this time around, and it's pretty much the same frame.

Yamato VS Kaido will rage for a little bit, but Luffy will eventually come back up and tag team for his round 3.
    If things are supposed to parallel the fight with Crocodile then Yamato is about to get beat before Luffy fights Kaido again.

I love how there were certain characters that just inherently believed in Luffy regardless of Bao Huang’s announcement. They rejected the contents of the announcement instantaneously and continued their fight unaffected. Considering these characters connection with Luffy and the intimate relation they have built up with him over the story, it makes sense that characters like Zoro, Sanji, Robin and Law had little doubts to Luffy’s survival and eventual return to finish off Kaido. In particular, Robin’s reaction to Luffy’s message almost seemed to border on amusement as if she expected such an inexplicable response from someone possessing the ‘Will of D’. Having cast herself wholeheartedly into the Straw Hat Pirates, Robin has learned to never underestimate Luffy. But as certain as Robin was, the validation of her belief in Luffy must have inspired her regardless.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Dany View Post
    If things are supposed to parallel the fight with Crocodile then Yamato is about to get beat before Luffy fights Kaido again.
    Well, obviously I only meant parallel in the sense of what I already showed.
    Not that it would mean Yamato would get Robin'd.

and I wasn't making a definitive "everything about the Kaido fight is based on Alabasta" comment, I was being verrrry very specific with a certain element of things that I thought lined up in a cool way,
    which meant I wasn't surprised that we were so quick to confirm that Luffy was okay.

Everything going forward is still up in the air, but I really bet hard on Yamato keeping Kaido busy until Luffy wakes up and gets back up there to assist.
    Oda likes drawing stuff that he thinks is cool, so I have no reason to doubt (at the moment) that he'll include a tag team battle for Yamato & Luffy.
    That's basically my thought process here

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Thanks Shift.

This chapter really made me doubt if there was going to be a full raid failure and reset, but it would definitely be more interesting if there was one.
    Same. It's really tough to say, Oda keeps making me flip flop lol. I'm gonna go with no at this point, just heavy suffering to get there. The battles will just spread out over Wano, I think. Which makes me wonder how Onigashima will land safely because it's basically already there.
    I mean this assumes it has to land safely in the first place, it might not. People can mass evacuate.

-----

Great chapter, I think this will be the one to end 100 if Oda decides to push the length a little. Much more hopeful end.
    Sanji gets a MUCH needed cool moment, legit funny comedy with Sanji's human beatstick.

Sooo, the deaths. Given the track record of the series I understand hesitancy, buuut given the pattern of most fake-out deaths (the injury is off-screen), whereas I thought Kin was just heavily injured last chapter, I now think he's dead. I'll give that small benefit of the doubt because Chopper's potentially freed up. I also think Kiku's dead.
    It's important to remember Yasu died before the war even began, and that's with both Chopper and Law on Wano.
    Croc or Enel would never.
    Wanna see the "ancient civilization destroyed" thing done really well? FFXIV did a great take on it. The bar's high for One Piece to beat.

I'm still doubtful Zoro and Sanji can actually handle King and Queen.

We did got Bambozleed with Ulti and PayPay, so I'll expect more similar surprises.

Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post

Consider this parallel:

https://i.gyazo.com/d99abf45a37478c9...de715d1bb9.jpg

Ah......if only it were that simple. The scenarios might have some similarities but they have two completely different context.
    You see back then, in the crocodile scenario, Luffy was getting smacked every time and he was moving ahead on lucks, shananigans, Deus Ex Machinas and just down right ridiculousness while an atmosphere of incapability and lack of assurance surrounded him . Here with Kaido Luffy is not necessarily getting owned. He has been gifted two power ups belonging to the strongest and the elites specially the last one and he was starting to give as good as he was getting with a completely opposite atmosphere and capability than the crocodile scenario. I know your point is Oda not marinating enough on the straw hats helplessness in both scenarios but there was a greatest helplessness in the way that Luffy was getting owned in the crocodile scenario to his predicament now with Kaido and I prefer the latter.

And no, I don’t think there will be tag team round 3 nor I would like there to be.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

I mean Oda had it built in from the get go that 9 ppl would defeat Kaido. Not just 9 ppl will start to fight him and then leave the rest to Luffy.

Its totally reasonable that Luffy doesn't finish this alone.

Not to mention all 9 ppl have yet to actually gather to face Kaido yet.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    I mean Oda had it built in from the get go that 9 ppl would defeat Kaido. Not just 9 ppl will start to fight him and then leave the rest to Luffy.

Its totally reasonable that Luffy doesn't finish this alone.

Not to mention all 9 ppl have yet to actually gather to face Kaido yet.
    Are you referring to what lady Toki said?. And who do you believe are these 9 people?.
    I think she was talking about the 9 red scabbards but lets say she was referring to someone else. You think these 9 people are 9 of the supernovas?. Right now on the battlefield we have only 8, Capone, the monk and Bonney are nowhere to be found here. The supernovas can still make their impacts, and some of them are(law, kid), while Luffy solos Kaido from this point on.
    If 9 supernovas were gonna be standing up against Kaido as some kind of conclusion to a built storyline, I think that ship has sailed and that image has already been done with 5 (Luffy Zoro law kid and killer)
    Last edited by tenchu; June 7th, 2021 at 09:00 PM.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Quote Originally Posted by tenchu View Post
    Are you referring to what lady Toki said?. And who do you believe are these 9 people?.
    I think she was talking about the 9 red scabbards but lets say she was referring to someone else. You think these 9 people are 9 of the supernovas?. Right now on the battlefield we have only 8, Capone, the monk and Bonney are nowhere to be found here. The supernovas can still make their impacts, and some of them are(law, kid), while Luffy solos Kaido from this point on.
    If 9 supernovas were gonna be standing up against Kaido as some kind of conclusion to a built storyline, I think that ship has sailed and that image has already been done with 5 (Luffy Zoro law kid and killer)
    Yes. I dunno really. I'm open for Oda to surprise me. I'd say Luffy is in there, probably Momo, most likely Yamato.

I don't think it was the 9 scabbards at all. Especially since they got their asses beat again. Kaido is now killing them. Hard to even call them 9 red scabbards when Kanjuro was a spy all along.

No I don't think they're the "9 supernovas" cuz first of all there are 11 supernovas. Plus Bonney, Bege, and Urouge aren't there and most likely will not show up.

The 9 shadows Toki mentioned I just naturally assumed would be 9 characters who would stand up against Kaido. Could be any mix of 9 characters currently involved. Could just be 9 strawhat pirates. Could be a couple samurai, a few supernova, and Tama. It's still wait and see as of now.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Is Oda really going to kill the retainers off? So much brutality. Damn. If they are perma-dead, Momo will need replacements.

Queen just keeps disrespecting Chopper. He is not a raccoon dog!

My current guess is Queen was a scientist made into a failed prototype for the Pacifistas. After leaving, started self-experimentating after joining Kaido. Probably have to wait until Emerald City to see the science team of Vegapunk, Judge, Ceasar, Queen, and Indigo.

It's about time Yamato faced Kaido. I'm ready for the Kaido flashback. I expect epicness.
    Bounty: 382M Quirks: High Places | Garchu
    Roles: Ship Guard | Ship's Cat | Lookout
    Clues: Ch 175 | Statue | Foxy Flag | Paw DF
    Dreams: Travel w/ PK | The Dawn
    Survival: Moon Resurrection | Will of P

Quote Originally Posted by Coookie View Post
    the battles on the roof are hard to measure in bounties. Like Zoro would get a bounty because he traded some blows withe the yonkous next to 4 other guys? At least luffy will get a bounty for defeating kaidou, and sanji would get IT for defeating queen.

the battles on the roof are hard to measure in bounties. Like Zoro would get a bounty because he traded some blows withe the yonkous next to 4 other guys? At least luffy will get a bounty for defeating kaidou, and sanji would get IT for defeating queen.
    All would get a raised bounty only for opposing 2 yonkou at the same time and living to tell the tale...
    Remember, remember, the 5th of November

This makes me wonder what someone like Mihawk did to even get a bounty.

Like, why did the government consider fighting with swordsmen a crime.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    This makes me wonder what someone like Mihawk did to even get a bounty.

Like, why did the government consider fighting with swordsmen a crime.
    Mihawk is a psychopath who killed 5000 people because he was bored. In one trip.

He's easily the most messed up Warlord, at least the one with the highest confirmed killcount.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Mihawk is a psychopath who killed 5000 people because he was bored. In one trip.

He's easily the most messed up Warlord, at least the one with the highest confirmed killcount.
    I mean yeah, from a logical perspective that makes sense.

But he was doing it to pirates, so from a story perspective, that isn't a crime.

Was he killing off civilians before he became a pirate?

Actually, now that I think about it, why did Zoro have a bounty even though he was known as a pirate hunter? What was the government's beef with him? He had it before he met helmeppo.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information