+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1,015: Chains

Default Re: Chapter 1,015: Chains

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    I largely agree that this is the time for them to combat Yonkou top commanders, but one can't deny that the underdog role will be exhausted here if Zoro & Sanji actually beat King and Queen.
    Like, Shiryu is even a former Impeldown Warden like King, while Burgess or the Level Sixxers are surely comparable to Queen (Burgess would need to a eat a powerful fruit first, but that's a given).

Maybe Oda plans to play the Blackbeard confrontation as a battle between equals (on every level), but that would surely hurt the tension one would expect. Luffy isn't affected as much since Blackbeard himself is a unique powerhouse, but one can't say the same for the others.
    Yea it'll be interesting seeing how exactly the Blackbeard Pirates aside from Blackbeard himself will be made to feel more threatening. Hell right now I'm wondering if Luffy will actually get a higher bounty than Blackbeard after this arc. I doubt it given Blackbeard seeming like he was up to something, but you never know.

As for Zoro, still not convinced at all that his eventual recovery means he's fighting King. Not just because of his injuries, but because of what he already showed off up on the rooftop. That said it's a moot point since said performance already made it quite clear that he's clearly around the Calamities' strength at this point, so it's not like he really has anything to prove. Not to me anyways

Quote Originally Posted by flandrian15 View Post
    It's a shame that you used comedic theatre as your example instead of actual fighting but I get the point. Hopefully Oda is more creative with it than WWE anyway.
    There's a less comedic version here:
    Rope-a-dope - Wikipedia

NOT EVEN CLOSE, SIR!

Did Tamaís dango lose their effects or something?

Quote Originally Posted by OPBC View Post
    Did Tama’s dango lose their effects or something?
    Those Gifters only ate the Dangos, they didn't receive Sugar's contract Tama's orders yet. She's on her way though.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBC View Post
    Did Tama’s dango lose their effects or something?
    She needs to command the gifters in order for it to take effect. Any gifter who ate the dango but had no command from her still has its free will. That's why Usopp and Nami are taking her to the main stage, as explained in previous chapters.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    Whatever, this behavior is childish and annoying. Are you 14 years old ? If not, please stop it
    Feel free to add me to your ignore list. Not being snarky here. Genuine advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Those Gifters only ate the Dangos, they didn't receive Sugar's contract Tama's orders yet. She's on her way though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    She needs to command the gifters in order for it to take effect. Any gifter who ate the dango but had no command from her still has its free will. That's why Usopp and Nami are taking her to the main stage, as explained in previous chapters.
    Oh, thx :)) I must have missed that information somehow:))

Wonder how will this confrontation lead to a flashback. Kaido needs asap given what we've got in past few chapters.

Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar

Dammit late on my comments. Let's get going.

Huh wasn't quite as annoyed with this one then I was the last one. Mainly cause it feels like were getting somewhere finally.

- Props to that requester asking for Senior Pink. I miss that dude.

- The whole chapter can essentially be "Aww we lost the one guy who could possibly beat Kaido were all doomed. No wait, he's still alive, yay, let's keep fighting." No shade, I dig it.

_ Pfft Sanji using Zoro as a club. Thanks for that, Oda. XD

- Okay Oda, you redeem yourself from that retread with Sanji, heck it was a even better Big Damn Hero moment then the one he pulled in Enies Lobby and knocked back Perospero to boot. Two for one, not bad.

- The whole "Why do they keep fighting" thing is rather ironic with Sanji too since he said the same thing when Luffy was fighting Krieg. Wonder if that's a callback.

- Ah so that's why they didn't just knock out the "Mary" toad. Was not expecting Momo to pull that but I had a feeling it was going to be used against the enemy in so for. Kudos Oda, caught me off guard again.

- Oof ouch poor Kinemon. I mean he could likely survive that (this is One Piece after all, Luffy took a hook to the stomach way back when). Maybe the one who saved them last time will pull another rescue?

- Kaido's words after doing that to him. Uh-huh, let's see if he sticks to those when he on his last legs. Again likely more setup for his backstory, I feel he just saying that because he likely fought Roger who didn't seem like the "Stay down" type either. Frustration mounting possibly?

-To no one surprise, Law's sub to Luffy's rescue. Again no shade, just pretty obvious. Likewise wouldn't have minded sea kings either.

- Huh methink Law's now a believer in the power of Luffy. I mean he still sticking around when he didn't have to. But him telling Big Mom to stuff it speaks volumes. Also very hypocritical of Big Mom to assume that about Luffy considering she herself fell off a damn waterfall into raging seas and barely survived that.

- So Zeus is a alive...as Nami's Clima-Tact....uh sure okay.

- So did...Shinobu just have them plummet off the side of the structure there? I can't really tell what's happening.

- The Son/Daughter verses their father. Yeah another fight stall till the Luffy rematch but this one looks to at least explain some things about their dynamic. Possible backstory time?

Overall enjoyed this one. Wasn't expecting quite this soon a turnaround but it handled gracefully and no breaks next week, so there's that too. Tis all good.
    Get nuts or go crazy trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro View Post
    - So did...Shinobu just have them plummet off the side of the structure there? I can't really tell what's happening.
    I think she decayed the ground beneath their feet so that they would fall to their apparent death and delay/discourage Kaido from further pursuing - unless I'm mistaken he doesn't know Momo has the artificial dragon fruit and can fly.
    Plus, it's possible he doesn't care if they escape. In his perspective, Momonosuke alone doesn't pose a threat and every remaining followers of the Kozuki clan are already on Onigashima and are either dead, dying, or about to surrender to him. I'd like to think he would have turned his attention elsewhere even if Yamato had not showed up.

Is Nami Climate Baton now a homie? I’m not sure what’s going on there. Needs proper explanation.
    IF YOU DIE, I'LL KILL YOU....

Quote Originally Posted by Xelloss View Post
    There's a less comedic version here:
    Rope-a-dope - Wikipedia

Nah. Luffy's awakening will be simple yet very effective; he will become a sort of rubber logia kinda like Katakuri was a mochi logia. The focus on the future in their "fight" in the mirror world was foreshadowing of this.

Turning the floor and walls into rubber sounds plenty useful to me

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    But it doesn't suit Luffy. It would be like if Luffy suddenly started to use a weapon like a spear. As cool as that would be be; it's not Luffy. Being a sort of rubber logia on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by flandrian15 View Post
    Does there really need to be a gear 5 though? And Rubber awakening, what good would that do? Luffy can make any surface rubber? So what? He can jump around like Bellamy? Seriously though, can anyone think of a useful way to have Luffy's fruit awaken?
    You've got to use a little imagination! I keep imagining someone on the chopping block! The guillotine is falling but woopsy daisy it just bounces off the neck of some poor soul! Awakening! What if the entire crew has their hands full and barrage of cannon balls are flying at the Sunny Garp style! Oh no! But oh wait! Sunny turned to rubber and all those cannon balls went flying back into every direction known to man and at least 3 known to monkeys! Awakening Strikes Back! Not convinced? Luffy turns the mountainside into rubber! He can now telekinetically manipulate all rubber at his whimsy! Rubber chunks of all shapes and sizes form giant rubber tornadoes! Rubber avalanches! Rubber bands! Awakening III! The Return of Awakening Returns! & Knuckles!
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. Į\_(ツ)_/Į

I'm hopping that with the configuration of the dancefloor battle, we will have something more interesting thant Sanji vs Queen and Zoro vs King
    We need a team battle !

Maybe even stuff like nature like trees or the ground. Like break off a rubber tree and do some crazy combo with it x3

Discovered Stowaway DarkHamster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    We're probably getting everyones final major upgrades this arc or next, so it doesn't much matter if the tools dont seriously upgrade any further. Zoro's sword, sanji's suit, Nami's clima, new chopper stuff.

whatever the hell Luffy is going to do with gear 5 and awakening tho...

But, even if Usopp can't upgrade the weapon anymore... Vegapunk might.
    Chopper has always been the one person, outside of the monster trio, Iíve argued should get haki since timeskip. This chapter proves even with a monster point upgrade, he canít beat any main crew members of yonko b/c their defense is too strong b/c of haki. I would lesser extent want robin, brook and ussop to get armament haki but chopper is a melee fighter w/o any booster currently (unlike brook and ice)

To me, as well:

- Turn floor into rubber to save crewmates or act as a spring for high jumps
    - Make opponents bounce off walls/objects and back into his attacks
    - Give any object Luffy’s resistance to blunt attacks and bullets
    - Make the Sunny immune to cannon fire
    - Interesting combo attacks in which crewmates use rubber walls/floor to their advantage
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Yea it'll be interesting seeing how exactly the Blackbeard Pirates aside from Blackbeard himself will be made to feel more threatening. Hell right now I'm wondering if Luffy will actually get a higher bounty than Blackbeard after this arc. I doubt it given Blackbeard seeming like he was up to something, but you never know.

As for Zoro, still not convinced at all that his eventual recovery means he's fighting King. Not just because of his injuries, but because of what he already showed off up on the rooftop. That said it's a moot point since said performance already made it quite clear that he's clearly around the Calamities' strength at this point, so it's not like he really has anything to prove. Not to me anyways
    zolo has to beat king for the bounty increase. If sanji beats queen, he would get Like 1,4 billion. None saw the roof battle to give him bounty

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information