+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1,015: Chains

Default Re: Chapter 1,015: Chains

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    A mod asked you not to do that 2 weeks ago. It seems the people you criticize are not the only ones who do not learn
    Shift told me to lay it off because I did it more than once to the same user in the same thread and that it was a bit too much. I did learn not to prolong or continuously calling out and the quotes this time aren’t excessive like last time.
    Last edited by All Fiction; June 6th, 2021 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by All Fiction View Post
    Shift told me to lay it off because I did it more than once to the same user in the same thread and that it was a bit too much. I did learn not to prolong or continuously calling out and the quotes this time aren’t excessive like last time.
    It just feels extremely random and felt like nothing to do with the chapter... I'm like huh, what's going on because it didn't make any sense.

Many people guessed that but i don't think people guessed Zeus would become the Clima Tact, which i think is a great and promising idea
    That's a good point. I didn't really think about the implications of it before. It definitely makes the powerup seem more permanent, since he won't be running away again. Does the Clima Tact itself count as a Homie now? Will Usopp still be able to upgrade it now that it's been so fundamentally changed?

Zeus fusing with the Clima Tact is interesting if only because now I wonder if all of Nami's moves will be upgraded, instead of just her lightning attacks.

Momo's power to communicate mentally is getting convenient. I guess he can do that only with some special identities.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Quote Originally Posted by All Fiction View Post
    Whatever, this behavior is childish and annoying. Are you 14 years old ? If not, please stop it

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    That's a good point. I didn't really think about the implications of it before. It definitely makes the powerup seem more permanent, since he won't be running away again. Does the Clima Tact itself count as a Homie now? Will Usopp still be able to upgrade it now that it's been so fundamentally changed?
    I think this make the "perfect" aspect of the clima tact on a more permanent level and I don't expect anymore upgrade from Usopp
    I also wonder if we will have an explanation on how Zeus could fuse with it. Some people wondered if it was linked to how objects could eat devil fruit and I find that interesting.

So the chapter title, is it a Fleetwood Mac reference? Seeing the previous chapter title was also a song reference.
    Remember, remember, the 5th of November

Great chapter, but I'm not really feeling the Sanji vs. Queen match-up.
    I don't know if it's because Queen has been really built up, or Sanji hasn't been too impressive on the fighting front for a while, or the fact everyone this arc has been having trouble getting their opponent to stay down, but Queen seems a little too out of his league at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by aku-chan View Post
    Great chapter, but I'm not really feeling the Sanji vs. Queen match-up.
    I don't know if it's because Queen has been really built up, or Sanji hasn't been too impressive on the fighting front for a while, or the fact everyone this arc has been having trouble getting their opponent to stay down, but Queen seems a little too out of his league at the moment.
    I disagree, especially given his opening attack on Queen. Chopper is what it looks like when you're truly out of Queen's league. Sanji already proved that he was more than capable of fighting a Tobi Roppo. His clash with Page One didn't leave him feeling like an underdog. And with his new power-up, we don't know where his new ceiling is. So Queen, a Yonko Commnander, is the perfect matchup for him because YC-level fighters are the only matchup for Sanji on Onigashima outside of the Yonko themselves that would have readers view him as an underdog. And being an underdog is exactly what Oda prefers for the Strawhats, where you wonder how they'll pull off their win. Whereas if he fought a Tobi Roppo, you wouldn't get that same feeling at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    We're probably getting everyones final major upgrades this arc or next, so it doesn't much matter if the tools dont seriously upgrade any further. Zoro's sword, sanji's suit, Nami's clima, new chopper stuff.

whatever the hell Luffy is going to do with gear 5 and awakening tho...

But, even if Usopp can't upgrade the weapon anymore... Vegapunk might.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Many people guessed that but i don't think people guessed Zeus would become the Clima Tact, which i think is a great and promising idea
    That was exactly what I predicted, yet people thought it was a pointless move.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    We're probably getting everyones final major upgrades this arc or next, so it doesn't much matter if the tools dont seriously upgrade any further. Zoro's sword, sanji's suit, Nami's clima, new chopper stuff.

Does there really need to be a gear 5 though? And Rubber awakening, what good would that do? Luffy can make any surface rubber? So what? He can jump around like Bellamy? Seriously though, can anyone think of a useful way to have Luffy's fruit awaken?

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    I disagree, especially given his opening attack on Queen. Chopper is what it looks like when you're truly out of Queen's league. Sanji already proved that he was more than capable of fighting a Tobi Roppo. His clash with Page One didn't leave him feeling like an underdog. And with his new power-up, we don't know where his new ceiling is. So Queen, a Yonko Commnander, is the perfect matchup for him because YC-level fighters are the only matchup for Sanji on Onigashima outside of the Yonko themselves that would have readers view him as an underdog. And being an underdog is exactly what Oda prefers for the Strawhats, where you wonder how they'll pull off their win. Whereas if he fought a Tobi Roppo, you wouldn't get that same feeling at all.
    I largely agree that this is the time for them to combat Yonkou top commanders, but one can't deny that the underdog role will be exhausted here if Zoro & Sanji actually beat King and Queen.
    Like, Shiryu is even a former Impeldown Warden like King, while Burgess or the Level Sixxers are surely comparable to Queen (Burgess would need to a eat a powerful fruit first, but that's a given).

Maybe Oda plans to play the Blackbeard confrontation as a battle between equals (on every level), but that would surely hurt the tension one would expect. Luffy isn't affected as much since Blackbeard himself is a unique powerhouse, but one can't say the same for the others.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    That was exactly what I predicted, yet people thought it was a pointless move.
    How do you envision it's use?

I could imagine the benefits if Zeus's soul could move freely between the clima tact and whatever it produces (merge into the cloud, the lightning or the storm), but that's not how homification works right.

Quote Originally Posted by flandrian15 View Post
    Does there really need to be a gear 5 though?
    Doesn't need to be, but it seems likely there'll be at least one more before the end, just because its been so mmany years since 4, and so many years still to go.

Heck, 4 even has a couple variants like tank and snake, so if we don't get 5 we're certainly going to at least get another one of those.llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllllll

I was happy with it stopping at 2 and 3, but whatcha gonna do? Battle shonen that run for years have to keep freshening up.

And Rubber awakening, what good would that do? Luffy can make any surface rubber?
    First Doflamingo and then Katakuri set up that awakening is THE final step in mastering your fruit, and its been clued in since Impel Down. Luffy IS going to get it eventually. (Only for Blackbeard to then negate it.) And maybe Chopper who seems like he'll have to get soemthing new when he hits his new 30 minute timelimit because side efects have been foreshadowed.

There's no telling what form or function it'll take, but Oda's generally pretty good about making creative use of powers. Especially when he does stuff with weird japanese puns.

Seriously though, can anyone think of a useful way to have Luffy's fruit awaken?
    American comic writers spent literal decades trying to make mr. Fantastic and Plastic Man and Elongated Man have rubber powers that were interesting and no one ever did anything cool with it until Oda. Dude's creative and only he knows what Awakening can ACTUALLY do, so Luffy's could end up being almost anything.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Doesn't need to be, but it seems likely there'll be at least one more before the end, just because its been so mmany years since 4, and so many years still to go.

Heck, 4 even has a couple variants like tank and snake, so if we don't get 5 we're certainly going to at least get another one of those.llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllllll

I was happy with it stopping at 2 and 3, but whatcha gonna do? Battle shonen that run for years have to keep freshening up.

First Doflamingo and then Katakuri set up that awakening is THE final step in mastering your fruit, and its been clued in since Impel Down. Luffy IS going to get it eventually. (Only for Blackbeard to then negate it.) And maybe Chopper who seems like he'll have to get soemthing new when he hits his new 30 minute timelimit because side efects have been foreshadowed.

There's no telling what form or function it'll take, but Oda's generally pretty good about making creative use of powers. Especially when he does stuff with weird japanese puns.

American comic writers spent literal decades trying to make mr. Fantastic and Plastic Man and Elongated Man have rubber powers that were interesting and no one ever did anything cool with it until Oda. Dude's creative and only he knows what Awakening can ACTUALLY do, so Luffy's could end up being almost anything.
    Oda has indeed already done an excellent job in being original when comparing Luffy to the other elastic superheroes but if we look at Doflamingo and Katakuri, they both had a paramecia, as does Luffy. Their awakened power was to basically change the environment into strings/mochi and it was obvious to see the advantage in that but what about rubber? I really can't see the use of it unless as you say, Luffy's awakening will be vastly different but seeing the 2 paramecais we saw it with basically did the same thing when awakaned I'd find it strange if Luffy's awakening suddenly did a 180 and give him completely different possibilities.

That makes me think, we saw awakenings with paramecias and zoans but what would an awakened logia be like? Would it even exist? They can already basically do what an awakened paramecia does, no?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHamster View Post
    did he? Just curious if it's posted anywhere so I could get more details. I mean that seems to be logically where it's headed. Luffy/SHs making so many friends around the world they start a global uprising against the world government.

sidebar. I hate hate hate that chopper is made to seem like a whimp AND so easy to made to believe Luffy lost. Both Nami and Ussopp's mettle/belief in Luffy were tested but they didn't waiver....but Chopper after all this time believed it? nah.
    Yes he did, back in Zou when Jack attacked Zunesha. He said it in a podcast.
    IF YOU DIE, I'LL KILL YOU....

Oda has indeed already done an excellent job in being original when comparing Luffy to the other elastic superheroes but if we look at Doflamingo and Katakuri, they both had a paramecia, as does Luffy. Their awakened power was to basically change the environment into strings/mochi and it was obvious to see the advantage in that but what about rubber? I really can't see the use of it unless as you say, Luffy's awakening will be vastly different but seeing the 2 paramecais we saw it with basically did the same thing when awakaned I'd find it strange if Luffy's awakening suddenly did a 180 and give him completely different possibilities.
    Gomu Gomu no Bounce World!

Everything around Luffy behaves like Rubber, so punching an enemy against a wall results in a rebound that multiplies the force. #Odascience

Spoiler:

That makes me think, we saw awakenings with paramecias and zoans but what would an awakened logia be like? Would it even exist? They can already basically do what an awakened paramecia does, no?
    Akainu and Kuzan turned Punk Hazard into a hellhole, so changing the weather around them permanently seems to be the awakening. Fighting Akainu is basically a game of "the floor is lava". It makes sense that they didn't use their awakenings at Marineford.

I would say we have already seen them, and for quite some time. Regular logias can turn their bodies in their element and produce it at will, but that's it. On the other hand we've seen Punk Hazard changed into this land of ice and faire after the Akainu / Kuzan duel ; before that Crocodile was seen using his powers to create sandstorms over great distances and possibly create a country-wide drought (I'm uncertain as to whether that was rain powder or his doing entirely). Long story short, my impression is awakened logias could be able to permanently alter the environment around them in addition, whereas regular ones can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Gomu Gomu no Bounce World!

Everything around Luffy behaves like Rubber, so punching an enemy against a wall results in a rebound that multiplies the force. #Odascience

Akainu and Kuzan turned Punk Hazard into a hellhole, so changing the weather around them permanently seems to be the awakening. Fighting Akainu is basically a game of "the floor is lava". It makes sense that they didn't use their awakenings at Marineford.
    It's a shame that you used comedic theatre as your example instead of actual fighting but I get the point. Hopefully Oda is more creative with it than WWE anyway.

As to the logia awakening and weather being changed permanently I think was more of a show de force to indiciate how incredibly powerful they are. It is also the nature of their fruits that come into play here. Akainu turning up the heat while Kuzan froze everything to such a degree that it changed the island and its climate.
    If Akainu or Kuzan would have had Caribou's logia than that person, I can promise you, would not have changed the weather. He might have changed the island into a swamp or something but it won't effect the weather like lava or ice would.

I think this make the "perfect" aspect of the clima tact on a more permanent level and I don't expect anymore upgrade from Usopp
    I also wonder if we will have an explanation on how Zeus could fuse with it. Some people wondered if it was linked to how objects could eat devil fruit and I find that interesting.

I agree with both of you that we're probably getting close to endgame tech for most of the crew. I'm sure there'll be one last thing each they pull out for their final battles, but whether that's another upgrade or just a new way to use what they've already got, only Oda knows.

Vegapunk is a great option for taking things to the next level, if he turns out to be someone the crew can ally with.

My best guess for the how of Zeus's fusion is that Hera ate his cloud body, but the bit of Big Mom soul animating him leapt into the Clima Tact instead. It's a new Homie with all the memories of the old one. There's probably no way for Nami to summon him out of it in cloud form like she did before though, now that that body is 100% gone. But I don't see it changing too much of his abilities. We saw him and Prometheus change the weather to a full-on storm with rain and strong wind back on Whole Cake Island, so he was at least partly an all-purpose weather hack already, despite the focus on lightning.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information