+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Volume 100 Predictions/Discussion

Default Re: Volume 100 Predictions/Discussion

...is this Shift's avatar in the SBS?

B-Maria's true hybrid mode is awesome. Sad that we didn't see it in high quality, if only for a brief moment. But Oda can still remedy that with Onigumo during the final war.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    I wonder if Page-One and Ulti's father was a member of Moria's crew, by chance?
    I don't think that's posible. Moria invaded Wano 23 years ago iirc and his whole crew was killed there. Ulti and P1 are 21 and 20 years old.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emi_b7 View Post
    I don't think that's posible. Moria invaded Wano 23 years ago iirc and his whole crew was killed there. Ulti and P1 are 21 and 20 years old.
    Aww, dang, I thought I was onto something.

Quote Originally Posted by emi_b7 View Post
    Oh yeah, we forgot they are zoomers.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Vaguely points at Shakky.
    I keep forgetting Shakky exists.
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

Here is my translation of Oda’s heartwarming comment in Volume 100.

"Looks like bad news about OP is being brought up on the Internet.
    I feel sorry for my fans if they are blamed at school because of this news."

(*Oda made a joke about WW2 Japanese soldier in volume 89. Shueisha apologized later.)

My little guardian spirits told me, "No worries ~!!"
    My big guardian spirit encouraged me, "Cheer up!".
    Then, they prepared delicious meals for me.

(*I believe "little and big guardian spirits" mean Oda's daughters and his wife.)

When I said, "I'm exhausted..."
    My guardians told me, "Get in the car!"
    They started the car and we arrived at a hot spring!!

When I said, "I have a cold.."
    They said, "It's not a cold!"
    They took me to a hospital and I got hospitalized. (*Oda got hospitalized in 2013.)

It's me who receives people's attention, but actually I have had uncomfortable feelings numerous times while standing by famous people.
    (*Probably this "famous people" means OP characters.)

Without these cheerful guardian spirits, I'm sure I would have collapsed long ago.
    Is it okay if I show my appreciation to them at this milestone of Volume 100?

Thank you so much for all your support!!
    This is Volume 100! Please enjoy!

Eiichiro Oda
    Last edited by sandman; September 1st, 2021 at 07:21 PM.

That's very sweet and touching. Must be hard to be a family man on Oda's schedule, so I'm glad the relationship between him and his family sounds so supportive.

(I'm still a little mad about the backlash for the volume 89 comment. Gave off the impression there are waaaay too many people in Japan who don't know or don't want to know they were the bad guys in WWII.)

Do you wanna borrow it? Khamolen's Avatar

Are netouyo still upset about a tepid joke from 3 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Nouryoku View Post
    If only we knew Ulti's/Page's ocean of origin we could speculate better.
    It says Grand Line for both. Gonna guess if New World of Paradise tho
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    I wonder if Page-One and Ulti's father was a member of Moria's crew, by chance?
    Now that would've been pretty fucked up and cold blooded on Kaido's part. So it probably is what happened.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Ulti can't stop being the best Tobiroppo even on SBS. She straight up stole the Devil Fruits from Kaido himself. That's badass, if you ask me. And I guess Kaido thought so too, and instead of getting mad he awarded them a position in the Tobiroppo.

I really, really wish Ulti could be a presence in the last few arcs of One Piece in some fashion, even if it is a cover story of The Adventures of Ulti and Pay Pay.

Black Maria using something similar to a rumble ball + her being born in Wano makes me wish she had more to do. I do think Oda's biggest mistake was only introducing Pay Pay and Drake before Onigashima - I still remember the chapter(s) pre-Dressrosa where Oda gave us glimpses of Doffy's crew. Even that would've been pretty cool. Relegating them 100% to Onigashima while being mid-bosses that have to be defeated before Kaido falls limited their panel time so much, it's a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    Ulti can't stop being the best Tobiroppo even on SBS. She straight up stole the Devil Fruits from Kaido himself. That's badass, if you ask me. And I guess Kaido thought so too, and instead of getting mad he awarded them a position in the Tobiroppo.

I really, really wish Ulti could be a presence in the last few arcs of One Piece in some fashion, even if it is a cover story of The Adventures of Ulti and Pay Pay.

Black Maria using something similar to a rumble ball + her being born in Wano makes me wish she had more to do. I do think Oda's biggest mistake was only introducing Pay Pay and Drake before Onigashima - I still remember the chapter(s) pre-Dressrosa where Oda gave us glimpses of Doffy's crew. Even that would've been pretty cool. Relegating them 100% to Onigashima while being mid-bosses that have to be defeated before Kaido falls limited their panel time so much, it's a shame.
    Exactly this. Ulti is my favourite of the 6, and this SBS reconfirms it. It's such a pity she had to get taken out the way she did.

Kaido knew their father, i wonder if he was a former Rocks member or higher ranking member of the crew? Still that was downright decent of Kaido, i guess the guy isn't a total psycho, he has shown his moments, like stopping Jack from getting killed by the Minks.

Hopefully Ulti not being listen among the "fallen Tobiroppo" could give us hopes for yet a final chapter.

By the way Kaido has shown plenty of his moments so far:
    - stopping minks against Jack
    - feeling sorry for Ulti being pissed off about Yamato
    - feeling sorry for the Kurozumi old cheating bag and praising Oden
    - rolling with Yamato's Oden/male identity

I generally find Kaido's attitude with his crewmate satisfying and enjoyable, like when Sasaki said he wished to drink with him and Kaido just going like "yeah okay, let's get in the near room later".
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

Oh look! More baby seals! Vermouth's Avatar

Maybe Page One and Ulti are the children of Captain John.

I think the fact that the higher ups of the Beast Pirates all actually care for Kaido in some capacity despite them always ragging on about how pirates just betray each other will be a big factor to the ending of their story. I could see Kaido just about to get his wish for an epic death granted, when the Tobiroppo and All-Stars butt in and save him last minute.

We Are One - Scene 5 special video!! Last one

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

One Piece Volume 100 promotional poster with Eiichiro Oda drawing chapter 1,010 manuscript!!

Eiichiro Oda: "The story is at the end." (『物語は終盤です。』)

Last edited by redon; September 2nd, 2021 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    This only counts for women, lol. All of the men clearly age no matter what timeline, although Male-Pattern baldness seems to be linked to stress and not reaching one's dreams in the One Piece world.

edit: Sanji's is the best since he turns into Zeff in his good timeline and Judge in the bad one.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Age 40 bad timeline Robin actually looks like a better version of what age 60 good timeline Robin could be.
    This is an example of a 62 year old woman who has good genetics and takes care of herself. Not farfetched.

This is Chopper all over again, the Bad Timeline Robin age 40 looks way more badass than her good counterpart. The age 60 ones is an interesting design too, but it barely feels like robin. For some reason it doesn't feel like that one even fits in One Piece that well, it's a tad too realistic and mundane.
    Wano Predictions
    Spoiler:

Man, she looks great, but she also looks older than she did when she was in her 20s. Everyone ages, some just do so more subtly.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

So, regarding the whole old Robin thing. I didn't start the discussion by saying you can't look young at 60. I only wanted to ask what is the problem if someone is visibly old? Why should that be a "bad outcome" in life?

And, also, Oda can create such interesting looks and designs when he doesn't constrain himself with his own ideas of beauty. 40 and 60's "bad future" Robin look kind of amazing. If we remove the cigarette and the cynical look from bad 40's Robin she would look super cool.
    I tried to do it myself:

https://ibb.co/72TPpGF

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information