+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Volume 100 Predictions/Discussion

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Default Re: Volume 100 Predictions/Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Chams View Post
    So, regarding the whole old Robin thing. I didn't start the discussion by saying you can't look young at 60. I only wanted to ask what is the problem if someone is visibly old? Why should that be a "bad outcome" in life?

And, also, Oda can create such interesting looks and designs when he doesn't constrain himself with his own ideas of beauty. 40 and 60's "bad future" Robin look kind of amazing. If we remove the cigarette and the cynical look from bad 40's Robin she would look super cool.
    I tried to do it myself:
    https://ibb.co/72TPpGF

Well nobody said it was a problem or a bad outcome. I guess by asking you assumed Oda thought it was? Instead of just asking why can't good timeline actually age and look older in her 40s and 60s.

For w/e reason Oda feels good timeline Robin would barely age in her 40s and 60s. His choice. Don't think its about visibly looking older being bad.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

A thread on corrections in the volume version

Also congrats Shift! How amazing to be immortalised in such a monumental volume!

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    Here's my original letter that my wife translated to send, and her translation of Oda's reply:

R: I have been waiting 10 years for Jinbe to join the Straw Hat crew. I drew this mark because I have always admired him. Please make this Jinbe’s mark!!

O: Ho!! That's so cool!! I really want to use it just the way it is!! But just because there are rules for the skulls the crew, may I arrange it like this?
    Let's make it official based on Joshua-kun's mark!!
    Many congrats. Nothing better than your passion for the story being acknowledged by the author himself.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Here's my original letter that my wife translated to send, and her translation of Oda's reply:

R: I have been waiting 10 years for Jinbe to join the Straw Hat crew. I drew this mark because I have always admired him. Please make this Jinbe’s mark!!

O: Ho!! That's so cool!! I really want to use it just the way it is!! But just because there are rules for the skulls the crew, may I arrange it like this?
    WOW! That's amazing! Now you've forever left your mark on One Piece with Oda's blessing! Congrats and a belated happy birthday!

Today's been a very special day as One Piece fan. I got One Piece Volume 100

Actually, I got 3 copies

I started japanese edition in 2007 with Volume 45 (the first one I got) and every 3-4 months I have been buying new Volumes regularly. And this is the result :)

Spoiler:

Nice pics, redon! Buying 3 copies of volume 100 is more than I expected.
    And thank you for the video in Oda's Interviews thread.
    I managed to download it before it got deleted :)
    Kaido's club is called Hassaikai ("Eight Commandments" 八斎戒) that forbids Buddhists from killing, drinking alcohol, telling lies, sexual relationship and such for 6 days per month. Sounds like being harsh for someone like Kaido...

BTW, EtenBoby made a insightful tweet about Kaido's flag. I like her keen eye and translation skills about English, Chinese and Japanese :)
    I used to believe that this kanji of eight hidden inside Kaido's flag is for his signature move "Thunder Bagua (雷鳴八卦)", now I'm leaning towards the idea that it signifies his club, as it's name also contains eight. (From latest SBS)
    source: https://twitter.com/EtenBoby/status/1434167566981812224
    Last edited by sandman; September 7th, 2021 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Kaido's club is called Hassaikai ("Eight Commandments" 八斎戒) that forbids Buddhists from killing, drinking alcohol, telling lies, sexual relationship and such for 6 days per month. Sounds like being harsh for someone like Kaido...

BTW, EtenBoby made a insightful tweet about Kaido's flag. I like her keen eye and translation skills about English, Chinese and Japanese :)

source: https://twitter.com/EtenBoby/status/1434167566981812224
    Interestingly, I realized that Kaido's commanders all break the commandments one or way the other.

1. I undertake [to observe] the rule of abstinence from taking life (Jack attempted genocide on the Minks)
    2. I undertake [to observe] the rule of abstinence from taking what is not given (Ulti stole her and Page One's fruits from Kaido)
    3. I undertake [to observe] the rule of abstinence from unchastity (Black Maria owns a brothel)
    4. I undertake [to observe] the rule of abstinence from false speech (Who's-Who tricked Drake by lying about taking out Queen)
    5. I undertake [to observe] the rule of abstinence from intoxicants which cause a careless frame of mind (Sasaki drinks contantly)
    6. I undertake [to observe] the rule of abstinence from taking food at the wrong time (Page One lured Soba Mask by eating the food of other proprietors)
    7. I undertake [to observe] the rule of abstinence from dancing, music, visiting shows, flowers, make-up, the wearing of ornaments and decorations (Queen's character in a nutshell)
    8. I undertake [to observe] the rule of abstinence from a tall, high sleeping place. (King comes from a race that lived atop the Red Line and were considered Gods)
    Wonder if it's all coincidence.

That is truly fucking awesome.

Coming soon: the Strawhats are thrown into the Underworld and forced to walk the hellish path of the 6 Realms, symbolically traversing the cycle of Samsara.

Digital cover with that smooth, mapless background

ONE PIECE VOLUME 100 DIGITAL RAW HQ

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ayabyo

SBS and extra pages.

https://www.imagebam.com/view/GA1WVI

Thanks Redon!

Kinda funny the 1000 chapters message ended up on the back cover of this one and not, you know, the volume with the 1000th chapter actually in it. Strange how those things line up sometimes.

Unfortunately, there seems to be at least a few pixels' space missing between the digital covers of volumes 99 and 100 that keeps them from perfectly aligning, even trying to use the bit on the inside cover flap of volume 100 to bridge it. A little disappointing, but I'd kinda suspected it would end up this way. Hopefully after volume 101 is fully revealed we'll get the complete art as well without having to stitch them together ourselves.

Volume 100 is out this wedenesday in France and it will have a 3h dedicated broadcast on the most listened French radio.
    It is quite unheard of for a manga.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information