+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Chapter 1,014: The Ham

Default Re: Chapter 1,014: The Ham

Quote Originally Posted by hideoushorrendous View Post
    it's unlikely that info was known during the rocks era,I believe it's directly related to laugh tale which occurred almost two decades after Xebec died.
    Why ?
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

About the entire Kaido knowing about Joy Boy I repeat my previous point. Crocodile knew that the Arabasta Poneglyph contains detailed info about Plutons location (and that it even supposedely is hidden somewhere in Arabasta).

How he knew this, we don't know. Also after finaly find the stone he couldn't do anything with it even though it was right there in front of him (simply because he can't read it).

What I'm trying to say here is that even with all that censorship the WG has got going on, there surely has to be plenty of rumors (true and false) flying around there about the big taboo which is the void century and the rocks that contain info of it. It might just be passed down info through generations, which honestly I wonder is not a bigger factor in the story to begin with as any other piece of fiction makes a huge deal of how history gets passed on to the next generation orally only leaving room for the history to change. Bottom line is, that we shouldn't be surprised that there is some vague info out there about the void century, Joy Boy etc. I mean it seems for instance that the entire mink tribe knows that their stone helps reaching the final island but they still cannot fecipher it. Bottom line is Robin is still special since she can actually read what's on those stones. But to expect that there is no rumors floating around about anything related to the void century be it the ancient weapons, Joy Boy or even One Piece doesn't really make sense to me.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

^
    That's a trait of the kozuki clan, I doubt if Oden passed it to momo
    Who is to say whoever taught Oden isn't alive? Or at least while they were alive said he's been gone too long let me teach someone else just in case? Or simply taught Hiyori?

It'd be crazy to assume that the only ppl left who can read the ancient language is the last survivor of Ohara and the last Kozuki who was taught it. Then possibly the 3 eyed tribe.

There's probably a fee more but they're just incredibly hard to come by.

I'm more than sure the world gov. will get someone that can read the ancient language
    Last edited by Zik; June 2nd, 2021 at 06:16 PM.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    Who is to say whoever taught Oden isn't alive? Or at least while they were alive said he's been gone too long let me teach someone else just in case? Or simply taught Hiyori?

It'd be crazy to assume that the only ppl left who can read the ancient language is the last survivor of Ohara and the last Kozuki who was taught it. Then possibly the 3 eyed tribe.

There's probably a fee more but they're just incredibly hard to come by.

I'm more than sure the world gov. will get someone that can read the ancient language
    Plus, there's always the theory of Tenguyama Hitetsu being Sukiyaki. I kind of like the theory but it being true would make the Momo being super important thing seem kind of silly.

edit: I just realized that a somehow alive Sukiyaki is a perfect suspect for having left Oden's journal for Yamato.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.

Discovered Stowaway hideoushorrendous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    Crocodile knew that the Arabasta Poneglyph contains detailed info about Plutons location (and that it even supposedely is hidden somewhere in Arabasta).
    Oda wanted a cause for Crocodile and Robin to break up so she ends up with Luffy, and that was a perfect scenario she lied to him while he mysteriously already knew a thing or two

Remember that Robin invited herself to join the crew, Luffy never cared about her and was doing all of arc for Vivi.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    Btw, totally different question. Why's the chapter titled "The Ham"? Kinda missed that part.^^'

Oda wanted a cause for Crocodile and Robin to break up so she ends up with Luffy, and that was a perfect scenario she lied to him while he mysteriously already knew a thing or two

Remember that Robin invited herself to join the crew, Luffy never cared about her and was doing all of arc for Vivi.
    He definitely cared about her enough to save her life after she saved his. Her reasoning for joining was good enough for Luffy.
    Last edited by Zik; June 3rd, 2021 at 08:54 PM.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

I wouldn't be suprised if there have been other people betwenn his time and present day who have tried to be "joy boy" way before Roger ever got around to tracking the stones

It would be interesting if the original readers of the Poneglyphs were the Kozuki clan, who also wrote them, and it was them who taught the Ohara scholars how to read. I can see an Ohara person going to Wano and learning in secret many years ago. With the country being closed off to the rest of the world the WG had no control about the knowledge they passed down the generations.

I just had a thought. I don't think Kanjuro is dead. He could have survived for any reason, but I'd just like to think that Oda wouldn't waste the seed he planted for Kanjuro to use Yasuie's scalp as a brush.

Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    If that act 3 ending thing is true and coming soon I hope Oda's keeps the same time when he goes back to the rest of world or just another CP0 convo and reveals Sabo is set to be executed, Vivi is imprisoned, and Amazon Lily is under siege/facing a Buster Call.

The easy way would be they're all set to be executed (Hancock is captured) and Luffy just decides to save them all. What would really make it difficult for them if Oda has them facing different dark fates at different times or conflicting times making Luffy have to choose who to save first or over someone else.
    IMO, if Sabo is in need of rescuing it won't be Luffy (for obvious reasons, he's not going to join a different arc while Wano is going on) it'd either be his own group or (my favorite), Bartolomeo!

Quote Originally Posted by Raffy View Post
    IMO, if Sabo is in need of rescuing it won't be Luffy (for obvious reasons, he's not going to join a different arc while Wano is going on) it'd either be his own group or (my favorite), Bartolomeo!
    Naturally, knowing Oda, the execution date will conveniently be after Wano is all wrapped up but close enough that Luffy has to race to where he decides to go to.
    Last.fm

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information