+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1,014: The Ham

Default Re: Chapter 1,014: The Ham

I even think that what Momo wanted to tell Kin'emon, and wanted to tell everyone too, is that they should trust in Lady Toki's prophecy.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro View Post
    Kadio seriously thinks that's the end of the fight after seeing Luffy practically get back up after expending his Haki the first time? If he really respects him, he wouldn't even write him off like that. But meh.
    Kaidou watched Luffy fall into the ocean and stuck around long enough to make sure he actually hits the water, and there's no one else around. If there really is no one else hiding somewhere and watching, it's a safe bet to assume Luffy is out for good. Only we readers know that can't be the end

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    I really dont see how the Yonko can lose right now. Marco isn't in good shape, Queen is completely fine, Zoro is out for now, Robin is hurt, Jack will win against Inu, Big Mom can't lose, Hawkins can keep Killer at bay easily, Kaido can just come crushing down now and end everyone. Dont know where Oda is heading but te Kozuki alliance needs some major miracle to happen for this to turn around.
    Luffy got knocked out after losing Round 2 against Kaido, Zoro has over a dozen broken bones, Nami and Usopp got their heads bashed, Sanji had a tough time going up against King, Chopper’s attacks aren’t working, and the rest of the guys are getting bruised and/or exhausted in going up against the Flying Six, and might not have enough stamina to consistently go up against any more of Kaido’s forces so as to help out any more of their nakama. As cruel as it is, they’re going to have to do more to get closer to the victory of giving Tama and the others a happier country.

Got say i love Kaido trash talking lol
    Yeah he was impress but you need to work on your CoC skills luffy .
    Things not looking good for the SH.
    TLG , FFVIIR and Shenmue 3 2015 the E3 of dreams .

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    Well, the darkest moment is near. Maybe one week away!

I think the heroic comeback will be due to unforeseen help or new arrivals.

Twist candidates, IMO: Firetank Pirates (plus Pekoms), Moria and Perona, or Caribou doing something that completely changes the situation.

Maybe all three happening at different points.
    How about the voice that's so deafening to Momo? If a voice is crying out at that volume at this time, doesn't it make sense that it's in response to Luffy falling to the sea? My bet is on Sea Kings.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    How about the voice that's so deafening to Momo? If a voice is crying out at that volume, doesn't it make sense that it's in response to Luffy falling to the sea? My bet is on Sea Kings.
    I don't have a theory for that yet, I'm waiting for more clues about the nature and reason for that before I start tinkering ideas.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post
    But seeing as how Sanji had a tough time fighting off King, so I’m not sure how he’d fare with Queen. And even if he does defeat Queen, he’ll surely run out of a lot of stamina trying to do so and that the rest of the Straw Hats can’t just rely on him with Luffy being knocked out and Zoro with over a dozen broken bones, so even Chopper will have to step up as a fighter, and not just as a doctor, if he’s going to support the rest in saving their nakama.
    I´m glad Chopper doing ANYTHING, so him defeating a commander, yeah no way.
    Sanji has to get a proper fight by now and not dealing with Queen can´t be good for the SHs in the long run.
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil´s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma-Bonney´s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha´s story/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/Uranus/the D.clan
    DFWind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

I don’t think Kaido knows about joy boy in details. I think Kaido is aware of the prophecy that someone will rise and defeat him and that person is joy boy. So, when he defeated Luffy, he was like you couldn’t joy boy either.
    IF YOU DIE, I'LL KILL YOU....

Quote Originally Posted by Sereques View Post
    I don’t think Kaido knows about joy boy in details. I think Kaido is aware of the prophecy that someone will rise and defeat him and that person is joy boy. So, when he defeated Luffy, he was like you couldn’t joy boy either.
    Kaido is woke af.

Quote Originally Posted by Sereques View Post
    Rocks must have found out something about Joy Boy from a certain poneglyph we don’t know about, as opposed to the fish man island one, and told Kaido about it even if they couldn’t have full context about it due to not having visited Laugh Tale.

is the title referring to kanjuro or kaido going HAM?
    Last edited by Shift; June 1st, 2021 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Removed inflammatory remarks

So Luffy tried to infuse kings haki in is gear and it backfired because he is not yet proficient in its use.

You summed up how I'm feeling on the whole with the arc atm. I appreciate that it has to happen to show that the crew are being pushed hard and will come back from the brink to secure victory. As it stands I felt this more in the Water 7/Enies Lobby arc (the crew literally had to give it all they had ever step of the way until they escaped the latter Island).

I'm sure it'll come together with Onigashima/Wano but atm it doesn't feel like the struggle is being conveyed as well as it was in the previously mentioned arc (that also had several side characters participate but the general chapter-to-chapter moments were better for me (I really enjoyed Water 7/Enies Lobby though).

Here's hoping that Wano concludes and we get some transition chapters by the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyman View Post
    You summed up how I'm feeling on the whole with the arc atm. I appreciate that it has to happen to show that the crew are being pushed hard and will come back from the brink to secure victory. As it stands I felt this more in the Water 7/Enies Lobby arc (the crew literally had to give it all they had ever step of the way until they escaped the latter Island).

I'm sure it'll come together with Onigashima/Wano but atm it doesn't feel like the struggle is being conveyed as well as it was in the previously mentioned arc (that also had several side characters participate but the general chapter-to-chapter moments were better for me (I really enjoyed Water 7/Enies Lobby though).

Here's hoping that Wano concludes and we get some transition chapters by the end of the year.
    Would take a rather depressing turn for this manga if Oda decides to end Act 3 like this only to turn back to the worldly events and tell us that Sabo died at the Reverie.

Man I love Kiku, but I hope she stays dead like the rest of the fallen samurai. I really hope Oda tried something new with the retainers and the amount of tragedy he had put into those people will be lost if he just OP resurrect them afterwards. I want to see graves.
    “As I stand out here in the wonders of the unknown at Hadley, I sort of realize there’s a fundamental truth to our nature: Man must explore!” – David Scott, Moon

Quote Originally Posted by Riquelme View Post
    So Luffy tried to infuse kings haki in is gear and it backfired because he is not yet proficient in its use.
    Luffy doesn't use "Gomu Gomu no" for Gears.

Well, in case Oda intends for Kinemon and Kanjuro die here and make that apparent to the readers as soon as possible, then I anticipate he shows that the Devil fruits they have reincarnate into fruits somewhere else. That’s probably one of the best ways to quiet down much doubt of death.

Just a reminder. There are 5 acts, and the 3rd always ends up with tragedy. As Onigashima is looming over Wano, I think we can make ourselves an idea of what that tragedy is going to entail. With Kanjuro and Kimu going down and Kinnemon seemingly following suit, I'm afraid this is it for Oden's retainers.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    I really dont see how the Yonko can lose right now. Marco isn't in good shape, Queen is completely fine, Zoro is out for now, Robin is hurt, Jack will win against Inu, Big Mom can't lose, Hawkins can keep Killer at bay easily, Kaido can just come crushing down now and end everyone. Dont know where Oda is heading but te Kozuki alliance needs some major miracle to happen for this to turn around.
    1. Luffy wasn´t defeated, he simply misplayed. He´ll just eat some meat and fly back.
    2. Zoro gets healed by Marco and proceeds to slice up every bad guy within reach.
    3. Sanji goes all out Vinsmoke tech + Hells Memories and Blaziken´s the shit out of a dino guy or two.
    4. Jimbei brick punches Sabertooth Tiger into the stratosphere.
    5. Franky drops the coat, equips seastone brass knuckles and KO´s the Triceratops. Alternatively, a laser beam between the eyes.
    6. Drake bites off that annoying dude´s head.
    7. Killer actually does what his name implies.
    8. Chopper turns into a really disgusting, obscure and scary monster this time with triple the power and wrecks havoc.
    9. Soul King freezes Maria and Robin rips off all of her limbs.
    10. Yamato enters the CP0 room and smashes everyone to a pulp.
    11. Dog destroys Mammoth boy.
    12. Cat obliterates Candy boy.
    13. Cloud eats clouds then eats Cloud and Nami commands a 50 meter mega thundercloud now.
    14. Tama commands an army of half-animals.
    15. Momo commands some gigantic animal(s).
    16. Usopp acts as the commander-in-chief with everyone from #1-15 as his underlings.

All of this gets broadcasted. Big Mom sees this and says screw you guys, I´m going home (Cartman-style).

17. Usopp orders everyone to gang up on Kaido, but he still wins.
    18. Usopp and Momo are the last men standing now. For the sake of protecting Momo, Usopp actually turns into a brave warrior of the sea, dodging and sniping Kaido for 1 hour straight, annoying the hell out of him...
    19. Luffy finally appears and Usopp tags out like a boss, to let Luffy finish Kaido off in a spectacular way.
    20. Kaido gets up a minute later, just as Zoro wakes up. Usopp snipes Kaido with seastone cuffs and Zoro cuts off his head. Momo awakens his Dragon powers and stops the island from falling down.

They party for a week.

On a more serious note, I really love the fact that Kaido didn´t just sit down and have a drink but instantly enters the fray to clean up the mess.
    This is a really dangerous situation, finally.
    Last edited by Nubtro; May 30th, 2021 at 04:24 PM.

Regarding Kaidou's JoyBoy line, I expect he was the one trying to be JoyBoy. I have a feeling that Rocks knew about JoyBoy and the Pnoeglyphs somehow and was looking for the next JoyBoy, and thought that maybe the young Kaidou could be him. But then Kaidou failed to meet that expectations before Rocks died and has regrets about it, maybe looking for the next JoyBoy himself. That's why he doesn't like killing his opponents if he doesn't have to and tries to recruit people to his crew. Kaidou keeping people alive instead of killing them and trying to get them to join his crew has been a recurring element with his character and this could be why.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information