+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1,014: The Ham

Default Re: Chapter 1,014: The Ham

Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Kaido knows about Joyboy but has not been to Laught Tale... why?:

1) Someone who could read poneglyphs must have informed him about what being 'Joyboy' means, or informed his previous captain Rocks and then told him (lets take this route).

2) The complete prophecy and story of Joyboy is almost certainly written on a poneglyph in Laugh Tale, therefore maybe Rocks has also been to Laugh Tale (before Roger) and this is were he learnt about it. Plus info on the clan of D's and that only a D can be a Joyboy. Ps: Even if Rocks could hear the voice of the poneglyphs (still unknown), he would have needed someone who can actually read them to obtain this info. Either someone from Ohara or a Kozuki member.

3) If Rocks has ever been to Laugh Tale (this opens possibility of more people (in current timeline) prior to Rocks having been there), it could not have been with a Kozuki member, as they were left in isolation in Wano except for Oden and he was not around when Rocks was. Ohara was bustercalled 20 years ago... Could be Clover or Olvia or some other scholar been in Rocks ship?!? (Crazy theory time)

4) In this field of assumptions and if anything of what i said becomes true (we will learn in Kaido backstory after act 3 finishes), could it be that Rocks, after learning about the prophecy, had the dream of becoming Joyboy? What if he was trying to be Joyboy even if he knew his time was not right? Just because of ego reasons.
    Maybe this is why Kaido knows about Joyboy, because it was his captains dream to become him.

Im only saying this because in this chapter Kaido made it clear that someone else (not luffy) was trying to become Joyboy.

--Now whatever comes after this regarding abandomnent issues Kaido may have or why Rocks was not able to become Joyboy still is unknown.
    ---Rocks has only been siloueted but his broad smile is definitely legit.
    ----Luffy and Rocks comparisons and how Kaido may see some of Rocks in Luffy are kind of there too. (Not confirmed though)
    Perhaps Oden mentioned it back then, when he told him why he needs to open Wano up.

Quote Originally Posted by LightningAce View Post
    Perhaps Oden mentioned it back then, when he told him why he needs to open Wano up.
    Perhaps... Although Kaido says, 'you won't become Joyboy either', which means he must've known someone else with chances.

And I don't see why Oden would trust Kaido with their biggest insight, even if he was sure he would die, his retainers would make sure to open the country, not Kaido

Oda has been treating Oden's memory as a burden as much as it is an inspiration, which I think is pretty cool

Exactly, Kaido has not been to Laughtale, but who knows if Rocks has.

Roger learnt about Joyboy once he got to Laughtale, but never wanted to become him, this was not his goal. He accepted the Joyboy would only come around 20 years later. It is only after learning about the Joyboy prophecy that someone could want to become him.

My guess is that Rocks heard about it, became obsessed about becoming Joyboy (he had all the requirements except for the timeframe) and this is why Kaido knows about someone becoming Joyboy. He may not know the whole prophecy though.
    It's hard for me to imagine Rocks having been there. Roger is known as the first to circumnavigate the globe, so if Rocks did it as well, that would be strange. I suppose it's still possible, though, since Rocks was "erased from history." My issue with that theory, though, is that it supposes either that Big Mom, Whitebeard, and Kaido went with him, or that whatever he found there, he decided to create an even larger pirate crew afterward to accomplish something that Joy Boy could not. The first idea is obviously impossible and the second one just seems unlikely to me.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

BM and Kidd when they hear the news that luffy is defeated:

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    It's hard for me to imagine Rocks having been there. Roger is known as the first to circumnavigate the globe, so if Rocks did it as well, that would be strange. I suppose it's still possible, though, since Rocks was "erased from history." My issue with that theory, though, is that it supposes either that Big Mom, Whitebeard, and Kaido went with him, or that whatever he found there, he decided to create an even larger pirate crew afterward to accomplish something that Joy Boy could not. The first idea is obviously impossible and the second one just seems unlikely to me.
    Yeah, it is difficult to imagine that he was there and not Kaido or BM, I agree. Although there are more ways he could've learnt about it, by stealing secrets from WG and CD for example.

What is clear is that there was someone Kaido knew with the goal of becoming Joyboy. I can't really imagine anyone else other than Rocks from what we know

Yeah, it is difficult to imagine that he was there and not Kaido or BM, I agree. Although there are more ways he could've learnt about it, by stealing secrets from WG and CD for example.

What is clear is that there was someone Kaido knew with the goal of becoming Joyboy. I can't really imagine anyone else other than Rocks from what we know
    Rocks must have had a lot of connections even if he didn’t end up at Laugh Tale. His tunnel-sized connections makes Doflamingo’s connections to the underworld look like regular wires.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    This chapter made me question one thing. If Kaido knows about someone "becoming Joyboy", then he has no way of becoming Pirate King without a Joyboy, right? So, maybe he tried to have a Joyboy of his own. Maybe that's why he begot Yamato? Maybe Yamato's mother was a D, thus making Kaido's son also a D, and that's why Kaido wants him to be shogun, despite his rebellious nature.
    Kaido knows about someone who FAILED at becoming Joy Boy, and the way I see it he might not be talking of one person only, I believe he knows both Rocks and Roger tried it.

Now, being Joy Boy and being a Pirate King are separate titles, one has only existed for roughly 22 years, while the other definitely been around for 700/800 years, probably even more.

Which cements the idea that Luffy and Teach were going to fight for something greater than Pirate King.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

The weight of this chapter will ultimately depend on what becomes of Kiku, Kanjuro, and Kin'emon. But as a death optimist, I say sheeeesh what a chapter. They say kabuki plays culminate in a tragedy at the third act, and Kanjuro being struck down by his once-best friend seems to fit that bill. Won't surprise me if we're switching acts soon.

Spoiler:

Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar

Right officials out, my take.

Still think it's dumb Luffy was defeated like that. This just feels like that second Crocodile fight or the encounter with Eneru. Tension to draw things out further but feels just silly here because it was Luffy's fault this time. Kadio seriously thinks that's the end of the fight after seeing Luffy practically get back up after expending his Haki the first time? If he really respects him, he wouldn't even write him off like that. But meh.

Villains getting cocky, heroes on the backfoot. Ho hum. Just the whole major set up for them to fall once they get outplayed. I would care more if this climax wasn't 50% setup and stalling through fights. Like I said in the previews, I just feel like I'm getting cabin fever with the heroes and villains going up and down the building and fighting and breaking off and more fighting. I know Dressrosa was largely running through a gauntlet too, but at least once they engaged the Doflamingo family, the fighters were making headway.

But will admit Ceaser bothering to help Chopper is interesting, granted I am curious why and have a feeling this could backfire. But eh, anything to help Chopper as a fighter. More mysteries with Momo, yay, more on the intrigue pile. Oda I love ya but can you least start drip feeding things now. You can only hold onto a mystery for so long. If I hazard a guess he's hearing sea kings and they'll save Luffy and get him back to Wano's shore. Or something I don't know, Oda really riding that subversion train hard.

Oh for fudge sake, can you die already Kanjuro. I was more then happy with your first "death", your role was filled, you weren't interesting in the first place and your just being a troll now. Does Oda just wanna wait until he's finally hooked back up with Orochi and Fukurokuju so all three can be defeated together? Cause that's what it's feeling like and poor Kiku, was doing so well up to this point, even with losing an arm.

Oh no Kinimon dead... no seriously, I'm in shock he sacrificed himself.. Soooo shocked.

So eh, it is exciting despite my tone but I just really want things to get a move on. Like I mention before this is likely heading into "Darkest Hour" portion of the this section, with Kaido chasing Momo through the building and maybe we'll finally get some backstory why he's so fixated with him and an explanation of his motives to fill out the rest of this "act" before it ends with Luffy rescued, revived and ready for round three. But again this is Oda and things likely won't go that straight forward.
    Get nuts or go crazy trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    The weight of this chapter will ultimately depend on what becomes of Kiku, Kanjuro, and Kin'emon. But as a death optimist, I say sheeeesh what a chapter. They say kabuki plays culminate in a tragedy at the third act, and Kanjuro being struck down by his once-best friend seems to fit that bill. Won't surprise me if we're switching acts soon.
    It might be set up so that Luffy washes back up on Wano like he did in Chapter 910 as a way to symbolize going back to square one and going through drama in thinking that Kinemon and his other nakama got hurt because he wasn’t strong enough.

Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post
    Rocks must have had a lot of connections even if he didn’t end up at Laugh Tale. His tunnel-sized connections makes Doflamingo’s connections to the underworld look like regular wires.
    Yeah I can see that.

I've always imagined Rocks to be the kind of D pirate as Blackbeard is. If this theory about Rocks wanting to be Joyboy is correct, then Blackbeard could inherit his dream and then have two contenders for Joyboy when the endgame comes :()

The sky has been Moonless since the usage of Sulong so far.

But the citizens of Flower Capital did state there was a full visible Moon back there.

Which leads me to have hope that by the time we reach the Capital,(considering how painfully slow its moving), most smaller villains if not all, are going to be defeated already, while 9 people are left to face off Kaido at the very end with the Full Moon in the backrounds, leading the Wano-kunians to witness Lady Toki prophecy.

Much like the 4 survivors of Enel's prophecy, it would be amazing.

Chopper doing some damage will happen when he goes over his limit.
    Will be good for Sanji, who will take over this fight.
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil´s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma-Bonney´s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha´s story/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/Uranus/the D.clan
    DFWind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

Quote Originally Posted by Retro View Post
    But will admit Ceaser bothering to help Chopper is interesting, granted I am curious why
    To lord how much smarter he is than another scientist seems like all the motivation an egomaniac like him would need

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    The sky has been Moonless since the usage of Sulong so far.

But the citizens of Flower Capital did state there was a full visible Moon back there.

Which leads me to have hope that by the time we reach the Capital,(considering how painfully slow its moving), most smaller villains if not all, are going to be defeated already, while 9 people are left to face off Kaido at the very end with the Full Moon in the backrounds, leading the Wano-kunians to witness Lady Toki prophecy.

Much like the 4 survivors of Enel's prophecy, it would be amazing.
    I really dont see how the Yonko can lose right now. Marco isn't in good shape, Queen is completely fine, Zoro is out for now, Robin is hurt, Jack will win against Inu, Big Mom can't lose, Hawkins can keep Killer at bay easily, Kaido can just come crushing down now and end everyone. Dont know where Oda is heading but te Kozuki alliance needs some major miracle to happen for this to turn around.

Sanji heard that luffy at the bottom the sea, and already searched for him at the bottom of the sea at the start of wano arc.

Please oda, have sanji shine about time to save luffy. No sea king, Shirahoshi is not even here.

I can see it being Rocks or Roger, but I'm more inclined to believe that Rocks was trying to become Joy Boy because of having read all of the regular Poneglyphs not because he had been to Laugh Tale.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Sanji heard that luffy at the bottom the sea, and already searched for him at the bottom of the sea at the start of wano arc.

Please oda, have sanji shine about time to save luffy. No sea king, Shirahoshi is not even here.
    I would love it if Sanji, Zoro, and Luffy all got together after their own personal failures and ate some of Sanji's special food to be rejuvenated. (well, Sanji's is a half failure)
    Last edited by andre; May 30th, 2021 at 12:30 PM.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    I really dont see how the Yonko can lose right now. Marco isn't in good shape, Queen is completely fine, Zoro is out for now, Robin is hurt, Jack will win against Inu, Big Mom can't lose, Hawkins can keep Killer at bay easily, Kaido can just come crushing down now and end everyone. Dont know where Oda is heading but te Kozuki alliance needs some major miracle to happen for this to turn around.
    Well, the darkest moment is near. Maybe one week away!

I think the heroic comeback will be due to unforeseen help or new arrivals.

Twist candidates, IMO: Firetank Pirates (plus Pekoms), Moria and Perona, or Caribou doing something that completely changes the situation.

Maybe all three happening at different points.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quichotte De Flamingo View Post
    Chopper doing some damage will happen when he goes over his limit.
    Will be good for Sanji, who will take over this fight.
    But seeing as how Sanji had a tough time fighting off King, so I’m not sure how he’d fare with Queen. And even if he does defeat Queen, he’ll surely run out of a lot of stamina trying to do so and that the rest of the Straw Hats can’t just rely on him with Luffy being knocked out and Zoro with over a dozen broken bones, so even Chopper will have to step up as a fighter, and not just as a doctor, if he’s going to support the rest in saving their nakama.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information