+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 976: ''Back to the Present! Twenty Years Later''

Default 976: ''Back to the Present! Twenty Years Later''

If you happen to be curious, (almost) on this very day twenty years ago the anime had just aired the first episode of the Little Garden arc.

Title: ''Back to the Present! Twenty Years Later''
    Chapters Covered: rest of 973-974
    Episode Director: Tasuku Shimaya (***1/2)
    Animation Director: Eisaku Inoue (***1/2) and Hirotaka Ito (***1/2)
    Time: 8:30PM EST
    Watch It: www.crunchyroll.com/one-piece

The staff list preview got the episode director wrong so I'm not willing to trust its listed animation directors just yet. (EDIT from the future: Turns out they were pulling stuff completely from their ass, what a surprise!)
    Last edited by Crossword; May 29th, 2021 at 08:32 PM.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Default Re: 976: ''Back to the Present! Twenty Years Later''

New scenes in One Piece Opening 23!!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Video for the new scenes !

[HD] New version of Opening 23 - Episode 976 https://bittube.tv/post/df00b62e-44f...7-1a53801fa480

One Piece Episode 977 Preview

Last edited by thaihoa91; May 31st, 2021 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    If you happen to be curious, (almost) on this very day twenty years ago the anime had just aired the first episode of the Little Garden arc.

Title: ''Back to the Present! Twenty Years Later''
    Chapters Covered: rest of 973-974
    Episode Director: Tasuku Shimaya (***1/2)
    Animation Director: TBA
    Time: 8:30PM EST
    Watch It: www.crunchyroll.com/one-piece

The staff list preview got the episode director wrong so I'm not willing to trust its listed animation directors just yet.
    Out of curiosity, what do the number of stars mean next to the director names in the episode threads? I've been wondering that for years.
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

Good episode.

Nothing really to speak of animation wise aside from the changes to the opening, but the direction throughout the episode was mostly pretty solid. The transitions between scenes were nice and I appreciated some of the colour and directional choices like with the traitor flashback being in black and white and using silent film for his dialogue. The duality between Denjiro and Kyoshiro being highlighted was also really good.

The only part that sort of dragged was the ending sequences of flashbacks.

Overall, good episode.

That lengthy recap at the end was so unnecessary. The episode could've covered more of the manga instead of wasting time showing us several minutes of scenes that every hardcore One Piece viewer already knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Medical Orbit View Post
    Out of curiosity, what do the number of stars mean next to the director names in the episode threads? I've been wondering that for years.
    My personal opinion on how good/bad they are. As long as they have at least three stars you should expect a competently put-together episode. Two or two-and-a-half are spotty, and fortunately we haven't had any regulars weaker than that. One-star would have to be like...someone whose episodes are consistantly melting like the notorious 307 or that one really, really bad episode of Dressrosa that completely butchered what was supposed to be Usopp's big moment of the arc. You don't have to agree with my opinion since it's all subjective of course, but I feel like I'm pretty fair. Maybe even a bit too conservative sometimes.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Ultimately this was a pretty solid conclusion to the flashback outside of the montage maybe going on a bit too long (what else is new, right?). Keeping the spy's dialogue silent and portraying that scene like a silent film was a clever way to handle it since their only other option for keeping his identity a secret would've been to artifically alter the sound of his voice. Another solid effort by the Inoue/HIto duo.

Hopefully the staff learned their lesson from Super Powers and the "hidden" character won't look worse after being unveiled the way that Sulong Carrot and Snakeman did. I have confidence in Ishizuka.

I liked that they didn't give away the spy in the preview

as for the new scenes in the opening
    Spoiler:
    aren't white tigers in anime usually depicted with golden/yellow eyes?

I'm curious to hear who they cast to play Yamato. Romi Park or Megumi Ogata are my top picks. I'd even toss in Ami Koshimizu using a slightly deeper take of her Sailor Jupiter voice

I'd pick Mitsuki Saiga, She has a really deep voice.

I hope for Miyuki Sawashiro. She's one of my favourite female voices among seiyuus and always kinda upset she hadn't made yet in OP (just like Tomokazu Sugita before Katakuri).
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

Though she would fit, Sawashiro just voiced Pudding so the chances of her getting another role in One Piece any time soon are pretty low.

Miyuki Sawashiro signing on would be a long term commitment though considering how the stakes are for said character to join.

I just want to say holy shit they made her look way too cool wow

Perospero not being in the updated opening while Marco is is a crime.
    Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

Also I just remembered. Kiku is a trans woman voiced by a cis woman. Maybe we should think about a Cis Man to voice the transmen. Its only fair.

Ah, so it hasn’t been that long between Punk Hazard and Wano then.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    Though she would fit, Sawashiro just voiced Pudding so the chances of her getting another role in One Piece any time soon are pretty low.
    Sawashiro on Purin wasn't a temporary substitution due original seiyuu's maternity leave as it was for W7 Chopper? I used to think that's a role that doesn't count as a full one but just as a provisional measure. I mean, Purin's main seiyuu is still Kuwashima and probably will be if the character returns on screen
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

You misunderstood, Sawashiro was her first seiyuu and then Kuwashima took over as Pudding.

Heck, I really messed it ahahahah I literally remembered it to be the opposite way, sorry

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information